It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hint NASA knows more about our Alien visits in the past

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
One day i came across this page: voyager.jpl.nasa.gov...

It has a list of greetings from our planet that were sent into space with Voyager.
The first language on the list is what caught my eye:Sumerian.
You then could think, what the hell is Sumerian?! (check the above link), what link does Sumerian and the sumians have with "Aliens" and why did NASA include this ancient language on the Voyager?

Sumerians had knowledge about space and our planets (thousends of years BC), builded pyramid like buildings and created the first written language. They noted beings (Anunnaki) coming from the sky's, wich they saw as gods. There are still many artifacts of these people wich show nonhuman characters.
, Sumerian Origin Of Humans

Does NASA know more about this ancient civilization? I think they do, why would they otherwise include a language wich has had no native speakers (for thousends of years and has been deciphered just 100 years ago) on a mission that has the objective to make contact with alien life forms in the name of the human race? And should i note, most people on this planet don't even know who the Sumerians were and that they exsisted..

So this ancient language has no links to our current civilization nor does it contain similarities with languages spoken today. I would like to know ur views on this subject.

[edit on 9-12-2006 by 137]

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
well that alien image could be a bad sculpture by some amature sculptor in those days i guess

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I think that's a pretty good catch. In reply to "da king" the statue really has nothing to do with it except that it is thought to be from the time of these people & crafted by their hands. The real question is why they would use such an old and quite unknown language. Nobody on earth uses it...that's for sure

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
i think you're totally right. NASA is hiding the fact that they know about the Sumarians depicting the Anunnaki as gods, I bet they sent it in their direction to

Everything is linked to the Sumarians, i think they were more intelligent than us spiritualy and technology wise in some respects. how come they could predict things that would happen thousands of years in the future, yet we cannot predict anything! we need to learn how to do that again! i wish i was around in the Sumarian age... o well, i reckon the Anunnaki will return in my life time so it's all good

good hunting
it's changed my views on NASA's overall agenda totally

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 137
You then could think, what the hell is Sumerian?!

I do not think "what the hell is Sumerian" because I already knew it.

In case you don't know, Akkadian, Hittite, Aramaic and Latin are also extinct languages.

And it was not NASA but Carl Sagan who chose the messages, as you can see here.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
summerian isnt the only ancient language included. I didnt even realize some of these languages survived.

Hittite?

akkadian?

Aramaic?

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Interesting...

As for the statue for all we know it could have been an action figure.

However I do agree with the OP that the Sumarians had more wisdom then we a credit them to.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
it would make perfect scense to add more ancient languages, as to throw off the scent of conspiracy nuts such as ourselves, wouldnt it? its merely the fact that "sumarian" pops up in many areas wen it comes to extra terrestrials. it even pops up in an organised institution such as NASA,

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm just done watching a interesting 30 minute docu concerning this matter: Sumerian Origin Of Humans
A very informative watch about there believes and even NASA..!

And about the picture i posted, its just a example - see this collection of artifacts from the sumerian people or google around to find many more.

[edit on 9-12-2006 by 137]

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Just to note, NASA does believe that there could be a Planet X, but did they already find it? who knows

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   

The first language on the list is what caught my eye:Sumerian.

There's a better reason. Sumerian is commonly regarded as one of the first languages. Therefore, it is a pretty good assumption that it was likely one of the most intuitive, and therefore likely mimic at least some basics of another civilization's early languages...and thereby make a good codex.

I'm not a linguistics expert (but there are plenty here at ATS), but that would be my call. You also can't ignore the presence of all of the other material on Voyager, such as the OTHER languages, music, and pictograms showing us, where we live, etc. Sagan and the others who advised on what to include were more likely than not attempting a shotgun approach (i.e. include everything we can think of in the hopes that something will "hit" and be recognizable to other intelligent life).

Interesting movie fact, if you've ever seen "Starman", it was kind of funny that they shot the craft down (in the beginning), and then found the Voyager "invitation" inside the craft.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Therefore, it is a pretty good assumption that it was likely one of the most intuitive, and therefore likely mimic at least some basics of another civilization's early languages...and thereby make a good codex.

Thats what i tought about at first, but when i researched some more on this i found that Sumerian is very different then other early languages and languages we use today (note that it was not deciphered until the 19th century). But the fact that NASA believes there could be some kind of truth in the Sumerian writings could explain why they had put Sumerian among the languages and also took Planet X/Nibiru serious.
10th planet discovered (note the link contains "planet x", but it is not mentioned in the article)

[edit on 26/12/2006 by 137]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Again though, as mentioned, Sagan's group decided what to include. I'm sure he'd disagree (were he around anymore) with the alleged reasoning.

Still, if you were organizing such a message, why not include any and all languages that could be connected with a UFO cult possibility? Certainly can't hurt. So, perhaps this connection was well known to Sagan when his group chose to include it. Who knows?

However, we have some former NASA folks here on the forum, so I can't believe in some grand cosmic NASA conspiracy to hide aliens from us. The NASA folks would be some of the first shouting it from the rooftops (if only for increasing their budget!).

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by 137
.. what the hell is Sumerian?!

I know what it is. My question is ... what the heck is it, and those other 'dead' languages doing on Voyager?

I don't buy into the planet X thing, but obviously SOMEONE (nasa, sagan, someone ... ) thinks that the space aliens (or our space ancestors?) would be somewhat likely to understand that language otherwise it wouldn't have been included. This means they would have been here on earth at some point. This means _______ (fill in the blank). LOTS of things this could mean. I don't think it's something to disregard. This is meaningful IMHO.

VERY VERY INTERESTING find!

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
obviously SOMEONE (nasa, sagan, someone ... ) thinks that the space aliens (or our space ancestors?) would be somewhat likely to understand that language otherwise it wouldn't have been included......I don't think it's something to disregard. This is meaningful IMHO.
VERY VERY INTERESTING find!

I don't find it any more peculiar than any of the other 54 languages there. I don't see anything "conspiracyish" in putting Sumerian on the list, any more than putting english on the list. Sumerian is among the oldest, why not add it? They added Akkadian... seems only logical to me.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 137
I'm just done watching a interesting 30 minute docu concerning this matter: Sumerian Origin Of Humans

Okay. I just watched the entire 30 minutes. I have to say ... it was VERY interesting. When you combine the fact that Voyager had those old dead languages ... VERY interesting.

One of the most interesting parts to me included that face on mars. I always dismissed that as just a trick of shadows. But now .. considering the Sphinx and the Mars alignment at the solstice ... hmmmmm

thank you for the link. You have made me curious. Now I'm going to have to dig deeper. I especially want to get my hands on an english copy of what that video was talking about - the Summerian 7 Tablets of Creation.

Thanks again.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ecidemon
I don't see anything "conspiracyish" in putting Sumerian on the list

I found it odd. Why put old dead languages on? Why not just those that are here and now? Or advanced type musical or numerical languages perhaps ... but why the old dead ones?

I just find it odd.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I don't find it odd.

I don't know what was the original idea, but including ancient and present languages gives clues to the way those languages evolved, so future languages can be seen as a result of the evolution of today's languages.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
That could be. But I would think that with space being tight on a space ship like Voyager, they wouldn't bother with a history lesson like that, but that they'd get to the important stuff.

I can see using different languages so that there was a greater chance of the aliens being able to translate .... so perhaps they believe they aliens visited before and understood Sumerian??

hmmmm ....

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
However, we have some former NASA folks here on the forum, so I can't believe in some grand cosmic NASA conspiracy to hide aliens from us. The NASA folks would be some of the first shouting it from the rooftops (if only for increasing their budget!).

Well, Buzz Aldrin wouldnt agree with you there

And you must have heard that NASA airbrushed there space images (at this date probably using photoshop).
Or about the strange anomalies at STS-115.

I believe that there are many honest people working over at NASA and that they are devolping space technology on there own tempo but at a lower budget then the black space projects of the US goverment. Why use a space shuttle if the blackbird could almost travel in space 50 years ago?! Its all to keep humanity busy. But when it comes to bringing information to the public NASA must have guidlines set by the goverment also including the things to do/say when coming across something "alien" (like saying they "think" its space debris).

Originally posted by Ecidemon
I don't find it any more peculiar than any of the other 54 languages there. I don't see anything "conspiracyish" in putting Sumerian on the list, any more than putting english on the list. Sumerian is among the oldest, why not add it? They added Akkadian... seems only logical to me.

Yes but then take into account what the believes of the Sumerians were about our solarsystem, us humans and the knowledge about planets thousends of years ago. So NASA must have known about the theory that we have been visited by beings from "planet x" the Annunaki and could even be genetically engineered by them.

Originally posted by ArMaP
so future languages can be seen as a result of the evolution of today's languages.

Sumerian was a lost language and has not much to do with the languages we speak today.. its very different and only a few people can speak it atm.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join