It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think the CIA/FBI searches this website......

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Anyone think the government had agents, posed as ATS members, to scour this site for information?

Or how about for suggestions?

I see alot of intelligent people on this site, who come up theories I would have never thought of.

Do you think these agents are like, " OMG, why didn't we think of that? We better get Hanson on this right away!"

I think they can learn a thing or two from some of the people who post at ATS!

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
That there are regular "working" people on the internet who regularly monitor websites of interest, as any person who would like to extract information from the public would do. In today's global atmosphere, there is a lot of surveillance our earlier citizens could not dream of. Then again, I heard or read somewhere that the internt was set up intentionally as a surveillance "tool". Would you think this to be true or some hype?

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Absolutely.

There are entire threads in secret places devoted to analyzing the likely candidates of COINTELPRO and other government agents' identities at ATS.

Admin has actually quantified the number who are officially here, anonymously.

I think they all enjoy the site as we all should. Some of them are chuckling about this right now.

The internet has become more of a commercial tool than a surveillance tool. But we are still in the days of the wild wild west.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq
Anyone think the government had agents, posed as ATS members, to scour this site for information?

I see alot of intelligent people on this site, who come up theories I would have never thought of.

Do you think these agents are like, " OMG, why didn't we think of that? We better get Hanson on this right away!"

yellowlist....it's being created as we speak

brace yourselves, for we are the elite??? lol...j/k
now why on earth...would an "agent", be monitoring this site

*is slammed onto the floor by "agents", hears his rights read to him as the sound of cuffs latching on resonates around the room"
seriously now....it depends on what we talk about, it's a conspiracy board, it's more than likely that some1 keeps an eye on the disussions....as long as you keep your information specifically non-targeting, and explicitly intend it for educational purposes only" you're fine.
cordially
Cyrus

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Absolutely.

There are entire threads in secret places devoted to analyzing the likely candidates of COINTELPRO and other government agents' identities at ATS.

Admin has actually quantified the number who are officially here, anonymously.

I think they all enjoy the site as we all should. Some of them are chuckling about this right now.

The internet has become more of a commercial tool than a surveillance tool. But we are still in the days of the wild wild west.

talk about dejavu....i swear i think i've seen this same paragraph posted up 3 times' already MA!!! over a long period of time...are you repeating yourself? or am i predicting things at an increasingly slow rate....(the last time i saw it would be, a month and a bit ago??)

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
There maybe something here that they would take interest in or see how paranoid we are.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well, at the very least, Echelon will be tracking all the visits to the pages in/from the UK here. Echelon is a tool of the US government, so I should think the CAI/FBI would definitely recieve reports generated by the trillion dollar computer systems at Echelon.

I am pretty sure this site contains 'keywords' that they would be looking for

www.heise.de...

[Edited on 13-11-2003 by Zzub]

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Do I think the CIA/FBI searches this website?

Do bears chit in the woods?

Sure they do!

Hi Guys and Gals

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus
talk about dejavu....i swear i think i've seen this same paragraph posted up 3 times' already MA!!! over a long period of time...are you repeating yourself? or am i predicting things at an increasingly slow rate....(the last time i saw it would be, a month and a bit ago??)

I never say the same thing twice.

What you have experienced is a perfect logic. You have read a departed member saying something about COINTELPRO, you have read Admin's assurance that all is well when agents read these pages and they are welcome to, and you have concurred that these are good things, so it is what you would expect some entity with a mask for an avatar to say.

You are in harmony with the universe.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The very idea that cia or fbi agents visit this site sounds like a conspiricy in and of it self
. But to be serious for a second there are alot of government leaks taking place these days and many of the the agents that are leaking this kind of infomation are hard to track down because government first trained many of there own people. Secondly with how big government has become even with programs like endslaw it is hard to keep track of people that visit or leak this kind of infomation.

The idea with how many people alone work for the cia,fbi,nsa,interpol,batf,dod, and other branchs including outside of the states like the mod,mi5,mi6,fss, and others its is both possible that these types of people both montior the site and also possible these types of people from time to time have ideas and suggestions of things getting ready to happen that leak out.

The possibilty exists.

But the idea that they would be watching individual people on sites like these would only be for those with intentions of doing some kind of harm to there individual countrys in one form or another. It would be my suggestion most of these kinds of people that visit these sites do so and perhaps from time to time put out infomation would be more worried about there life then they would about ats. Or any of the people using it.

Falcon

williamonesec's website says it all about paranoia.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Fringe Groups are Always monitored
Bots mining keywords ect....
No Big Deal
I think this site is used more for disinformation
by various parties
Than as an outlet for real nF0....

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
of course they watch this site. Some of the members who sign up and not poster are likely to be "watchers" but some do take part in posting.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   

The very idea that cia or fbi agents visit this site sounds like a conspiricy in and of it self
. But to be serious for a second there are alot of government leaks taking place these days and many of the the agents that are leaking this kind of infomation are hard to track down because government first trained many of there own people. Secondly with how big government has become even with programs like endslaw it is hard to keep track of people that visit or leak this kind of infomation.

Thanks for the good post.

What I meant was though, Do you think they use this site, to maybe expound on some of our ideas, things they didn't figure out for themselves, then follow up on those ideas with a legitimate investigation?

E.G.- A well known terrorist enters the U.S., and leaves a coded message: "the path between CHIPITTS is the only path to your destruction"

Not known to us, the FBI has no clue what the heck the guy meant.

One of their agents, who regularly monitors this site, sees someone post the theory/idea:

" Does anyone think "The path between chipitts means an expressway between Chicago and Pittsburg?"

The agent reports this, sends out agernts and does all teh research,and finds out a truck was stolen in Pittsburgh, and was spotted in Ohio.

They catch up to the truck and lo and behold, they catch the bad guy!!!!

What you all think?

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Even if they are in this site, they wouldn't get anything out of it. Terrorists are smart enough not to use the web for their communication.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
When Neo, Morpheus and their crew go to meet in the matrix its just like a forum room and who always knocs on the door, Agent Smith!!!!

So of course they do

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq

Absolutely!

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I think they probably get the computer systems to monitor this site as well as every other website out there. They probably laugh at some of the ideas we come up with, but others they may say, huh hit the nail right between the eyes. Probably falls under FBI and they probably use that carnivor program or whatever it's called.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Thats right Bowser Agent smith was a program anyway but he got rewritten by Neo and became a rogue virus (mutation)

Well said Bowser

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I would say that they'd be stupid not to.
There are some very good theories put forward here that could be used either to formulate disinformation or as part of an operational theory.
ATS seems to be made up of a broad section of the global society with many diverse views on many topics which are pertinent to both security and politics all over the world.
Maybe there have been one or two gems dropped here that the sneaky-peekys would think that they could use in some way.

Anyway. I'd like to think so.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You mean like subversive or subliminal implications through conversation or the traffic of communication between two or more parties.

Nice one leveller

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join