It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear what a great guy...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
So many John lear post...
John lear moon pics...
John lear questions...
John lear real deal (something like that)
John lear great guy

Maybe we need a John Lear section (kind of like what was going to be for David Icke? What ever happened there?)

Peace

Dalen

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
They actually do have a JL section over at the Open Minds forum. Only thing is, he spends most of his time here.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I too am quite honored that Mr. Lear has chosen ATS as a source to help people understand. Mr. Lear represents a level of courage and character that quickly is going the way of the dinosaurs. Mr. Lear reminds me so much of a family friend named Col. David Medley. David is a hard drinking fascinating maverick sort who was deadly honest and never failed to make you think. David taught me to dare to look behind the curtain. Thanks John!

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Originally posted by Springer

I would have told this site to fly long ago were I John Lear, to his credit he has hung in there.

Springer...

Thats what I always thought too, I always thought John Lear (I have enough respect for him I dont feel like using just his first name) was treated unfairly and in rude manner by a lot of members. Heck that is why I made this thread after seeing the ideo interview, I though what the heck, this guy deseres a lot more respect than what he is getting. The after reading thesneakiod's post I felt like, well there it is again people disrespecting Mr. Lear.

Nothing wrong with disagreement, I am sure Mr. Lear (along with most of us) is used to that, but dont disrespect the man. He has great experience, has big hairy ones and is a true renaissance man. God I wish their were more like him, enthusiasm and charisma, with a certain humbleness.

Disrespecting him? What planet are you on? I don't believe him simple as that.
Scared of using his first name? What is he royalty now?

You may want him at your dinner table, or to have your babies, and if you need
someone to hero worship then thats your look out.

There is no way someones deserves to be lauded as much as he does on the basis of the yarns that he spins. That is the only point im trying to make, and i keep getting
shot down for it. Which makes me feel like im not aloud to have an opinion on his
outstanding claims, and if thats the case then maybe this site isnt for me.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod

Scared of using his first name ?? where in the hell did you get that idea ? and yea..in certain circles...he IS royalty.....tell you what.......you accomplish what he has in life....experience what he has...learn what he has....talk to those he talked to and found out things......when you do ALL that then come back here with a fresh mind and attitude and see how you feel ........

You may want him at your dinner table, or to have your babies, and if you need someone to hero worship then thats your look out.

are you for real?? grow up....or go away....no one said you had to come here.

There is no way someones deserves to be lauded as much as he does on the basis of the yarns that he spins. That is the only point im trying to make, and i keep getting shot down for it. Which makes me feel like im not allowed to have an opinion on his outstanding claims, and if thats the case then maybe this site isnt for me.

John NEVER said you HAD to believe him.....and the respect he gets here is in direct proportion to the respect he gives to all.....a lesson you could learn from.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

You may want him at your dinner table, or to have your babies, and if you need
someone to hero worship then thats your look out.

There is no way someones deserves to be lauded as much as he does on the basis of the yarns that he spins. That is the only point im trying to make, and i keep getting
shot down for it.

You are being shot down because you come across like a jerk! You dont ask someone what planet they are on, unless you want confrontation. Scared to use his first name only!?! Son I am not affraid of anything, or to say anything. This was a statement of respect. Hero worship? We need hero's in this day and age, and to be humble enough to admitt that and to set aside the ego is a great and noble thing. You should learn what it means to be noble.

Next time I walk out of a burned out house, and some child crying because they lost everthing that grounded them to this world, looks at me, stops crying and gets that look one gets when they see their hero, I will remember what you said.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Johns always been helpful when I have turned to him for info. He polite and quick with responding to my U2U, and posts.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

shot down for it. Which makes me feel like im not aloud to have an opinion on his
outstanding claims, and if thats the case then maybe this site isnt for me.

For a point of reference... Richard Hoagland would also be welcomed here, with the same or similar caveats...

and you should hear some of Richards tales...

You see, I hope...
it isn't about believing what he says... it is merely the honor of hearing what he says...

if you believe it, then you will tend to hang out in the threads regarding John...

If you dont (like many others here, I am sure)then you are more than welcome to NOT comment...
Its really that simple...

So what is the problem with allowing a Living legend in the various conspriacy fields to have a bit of rockstar status on a conspiracy board? seems the appropriate place for it doesn't it?

If you disagree that John should be thanked for his participation, and given some free reign to accomplish what he is here to accomplish, then I think you either have an issue with jeolousy, or perhaps an issue with needing attention yourself.

But either way, I hope it doesn't send you elsewhere
if it does, then the door is that way ->

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nawkturn

Here are the comments from John Lear. He was talking with Art Bell.

Mankind is an alien controlled experiment. All religions were created by the aliens to give us a set of rules and regulations to live by so that we wouldn't hurt ourselves.

The secret government knows about this experiment but is hiding it from us.

This experiment has something to do with the soul. The aliens refer to us as containers. There is a cube on the Moon with an antenna. The antenna sends and receives souls.

If someone dies an unscheduled death the antenna doesn't pick up their soul and the resulting energy remains on Earth as a ghost.

When there is a major disaster like 911 the aliens send down giant soul collectors to recover the souls.

Increase in homosexuality is caused by the cube placing male souls in female bodies and vice versa. This is either by design or there is a fault with the cube.

Mariners are called 'lost souls' because if you die underwater the aliens can't retrieve the soul through water of any depth.

There are 38 levels above top secret. The top level is Majestic 12. The US President does not hold the highest level of secrecy.

Our Moon was towed here and placed in orbit around the Earth by a very large machine. There was a time in the recorded history of man when the Earth had no Moon, and also a time when the Earth had two Moons.

The Moon has an atmosphere which contains clouds.

The Moon does not revolve which proves it is artificial.

The US will not go back to the Moon. Any other country trying to get to the Moon will fail.

US astronauts went to the Moon, saw all the alien machinery and structures and were told to keep silent about it by NASA.

Some of the film footage of the Apollo Moon landings were faked.

John Lear disagrees with Richard C. Hoagland's idea that some secret group is tampering with signals to the Mars rovers. He says it is NASA itself that is doing the tampering.

NASA knows that Venus is a normal planet just like Earth. Venus has beings that are similar to us.

We already have bases on the Moon and Mars but for anyone to go there it is a one way trip because they can't risk anyone coming back and revealing this information.

NASA knows there are spaceships in the rings of Saturn.

If mankind gets too close to discovering the experiment it will be cancelled and started all over again. A sort of cleansing that happens on Earth every 25,000 years.

There are two forms of gravity. Gravity A works on an atomic scale. Gravity B is the type that holds us on the Earth and holds the Earth in orbit around the Sun.

Gravity is instantaneous. We use a gravity phone to talk to the grey aliens who live 1,000 light years away.

Over 1,500 alien abductions occur each day in the US.

The Yellow Book is a government record of all alien crash retrievals.

Source : here

Believe me, after reading this, I wanted to kick the bucket. Some of his interviews are so depressing...

nawkturn,

ahh - thanks for that synopsis of his interview - truly unbelievable it is...

I have openly challenged Lear to participate in a multi-progned lie detector test in another thread and he has accepted the challenge.

Is there anyone at ATS (veteran, moderator, podcaster, or otherwise) who would be willing to follow up on this.

Or are we afraid to have our "hero's" revealed to be but mortal men around here.

Obviously I believe this guy is more P.T. Barnum than W. Mark Felt, but I would be willing to help contribute to someone here who can conduct the interview - and maybe rent a detector or P.I. trained in Lie Dectection to have during it.

Perhaps we can all appeal to Stanton Friedman to also do a more thorough background check on this guy?

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthMagnet

Perhaps we can all appeal to Stanton Friedman to also do a more thorough background check on this guy?

Stanton Friedman is completely out of the loop concerning extraterrestrials and anything of the supernatural order, so how could he judge anyone’s credibility when it comes to ET?

Friedman is a typical scientist, they only deal with things they can see, touch, smell, and eat. BTW roasted ETs taste like chicken.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I have accepted the assignment...
and as far as the lie detector test goes... I am bringing my fiance (will be my wife by then)
does that count?

she always catches me in my lies... better than frikin sodium pentathol...

I jest... she is an actual licensed Private detective, so i CANT lie...
will that do?

I of course, am going mainly just to visit, and share stories but I figure we can knock this little lie detection task out while I am there...

I totally understand if that doesn't work for you, but it does for me...

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong

You see, I hope...
it isn't about believing what he says... it is merely the honor of hearing what he says...

if you believe it, then you will tend to hang out in the threads regarding John...

If you dont (like many others here, I am sure)then you are more than welcome to NOT comment...
Its really that simple...

So, let me get this straight..... If I don't agree with one of Lear's claims, or even better, if I, through MY own personal contacts and experiences happen to know for a fact that one or more of his claims is unmitigated horse manure.......I'm not allowed to "call him out", or to not even "comment"?

That, LTL, is 100% counter to "Deny Ignorance".

If an argument or opinion cannot stand on its own two feet in broad daylight, and cannot face even the mildest criticism without indignant shouts of "Silence the disbelievers!" being bandied about....then the argument, point, or opinion has self-invalidated itself, as far as I'm concerned.

John seems like a nice guy. He is courteous, polite, and willing to engage in lively back-and-forth, which is alot more that can be said about a number of regular vistors here. But that does nothing to validate his exceptionally dubious calims, opinions, and theories, nor does it exempt them from scutiny or criticism.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
How can you honestly say that you respect someone that much, you think that you
are below them to a point where using their first name is disrespectful? that is
ridiculous seeing as you don't even know him.

And if someone saying "what planet are you from?" is offensive to you or anyone
else here, you really need to get some perspective and not be so touchy.
Ive enjoyed what ive read from john, which is the most ironic part of this argument we seem to be having that no one is going to win.

I never said once that he wants/cares for us to believe, but he
obviously does otherwise he wouldnt be here. And thats all im saying. For me, on a site
like this, especially its massive popularity, stating that mr x told him isnt enough. I
wouldnt mind a bit of evidence to support his theories, but he wishes not to. And its
a cop out. Remember the sleeper thread?, the guy was slated for saying the same things JL does, but i dont see the difference in either guys(the fact that they know each other is weird also).

You either yearn for all that he says to be true,(which is scary considering how horrific it all sounds) or you just love this man out of your "respect" for him just because he flew planes for a living and comes across in a friendly way.

If i came on here and said; "there is a monster that lives on the moon that eats our souls, and i know this to be true but i cant prove it". I would ran out of here so fast my feet wouldnt touch the ground.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Ok, Guess it wasn't that simple...

let me try it this way...

Deny ignorance is the theme of this board, but not ALL the forums...

deny ignorance ISN"T what Johns threads are about... it is more along the lines of the skunkworks forums... (which have more relaxed requirements of proof, and logic)

That doesn't mean that you cant question, or inquire for clarification...
or even debate...

what it does mean, is that we are allowed to hear his stories, and in return, we agree to not bash him for them, in the same way we would others that lacked proof...
I personally have challenged him on some info that I knew different on, and he was very nice... but so was I...
and we still disagree on it.

in other words... he has skunkworks clearance for any forum...

I really, really hope that makes it more clear...

If you truly have something you want to ask him, or something to challenge him on, then his "questions for John Lear" thread would be a great place...

just be sure to be nice... it is about respect not often given on internet boards...
but not often deserved either, and in this case, it is...

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

in other words... he has skunkworks clearance for any forum...

When and how did that happen?

And why doesn't any and everyone have the same status?

If Richard Doty ( FALCON ) and Bob Collins ( CONDOR ) show up on ATS are they going to get the same "skunkworks clearance for any forum"?

What about the rest of the Aviary?

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If thats true LTL then its pointless debating anything on this site, out of fear of disrespecting the OP, regardless of their standing in society.

What he says, if found to be true, would change the way we think about our place in the
universe and change mankind forever. Im sorry if i get a little overheated by simply
wanting to know if its true or not. I want the fantastic visions he portrays to be
seen with my own eyes and if im being greedy well there you go.

My initial post in this thread was my beef with the title, which conjured up images of the
OP looking dreamy eyed at JL's picture, then literally making the man out to be our saviour.

If he's not meant to be taken too seriously, then ALL JL threads should be in BTS.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

what it does mean, is that we are allowed to hear his stories, and in return, we agree to not bash him for them, in the same way we would others that lacked proof...

Lazarus,

Ahh - I wasn't aware of (and personally don't agree with) that policy - but it makes a lot more sense as you have clarrified it.

I have been particularly hard on JL without asking direct questions about specific parts of his testimony, and if that was in bad form I do apologize.

I hope you do truly take your meeting with him seriously - as I believe he should not be given a "free ride" simply because of his celebrity status.

Perhaps you and your wife can ask him a set of very pointed questions before you leave and watch his reactions (facial, body, etc.) to your queries to test his veracity.

(although perhaps you should get your socialization in with him first ;-)

I truly would like to have more "celebrity" whistleblowers out there as it would increase the public's awareness (and perhaps acceptance) of UFOlogy as a legitimate science - but I think associating with these charismatic individuals should not be done at the expense of our core values and professionalism.

I would encourage you to videotape at least part of your meeting with him in order to make him more accessible to the membership here.

sleeper,

umm - you are attacking S. Friedman because of his adherance to good scientific methodology?

I am sorry but for many people the study of UFOlogy is not a faith based pursuit.

In fact many of us insist on adhering most strictly to the scientific method - without allowing ourselves to be distracted by culturally accepted scientific dogma.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   

My initial post in this thread was my beef with the title, which conjured up images of the
OP looking dreamy eyed at JL's picture, then literally making the man out to be our saviour.

If he's not meant to be taken too seriously, then ALL JL threads should be in BTS.

What the heck are you smoking? The title of the thread is "John Lear what a great guy..." how does that conjure up images is your mind of me looking at Johns picture dreamy eyed and making him out to be a savior? You really should seek some help guy, for you are truly delusional.

My opinion after veiwing a video interview (not looking dreamy eyed at his picture) was that he seems to be a great guy.

[edit on 16-10-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Originally posted by TruthMagnet

I have been particularly hard on JL without asking direct questions about specific parts of his testimony, and if that was in bad form I do apologize.

I hope you do truly take your meeting with him seriously - as I believe he should not be given a "free ride" simply because of his celebrity status.

Perhaps you and your wife can ask him a set of very pointed questions before you leave and watch his reactions (facial, body, etc.) to your queries to test his veracity.

(although perhaps you should get your socialization in with him first ;-)

I truly would like to have more "celebrity" whistleblowers out there as it would increase the public's awareness (and perhaps acceptance) of UFOlogy as a legitimate science - but I think associating with these charismatic individuals should not be done at the expense of our core values and professionalism.

I would encourage you to videotape at least part of your meeting with him in order to make him more accessible to the membership here.

And I make the same offer to LTL or anyone else that I did to TruthMagnet:

"Please let me know how I can help you in your investigations. I would be happy to give you my phone number (although it has been listed for over 30 years in the Las Vegas phonebook and has never been taken out). I have known Stan for years as I have known most of the other researchers, so don't hesitate to contact any of them. Please feel free to contact the FAA or their website for proof of my flying credentials and my former employers such as American Trans Air and Connie Kalitta I am sure would be willing to talk to you. I would offer a specific name to contact but then you might think I was cheating. I have already posted my Q clearance number (which is technically illegal) so I won't post it again but you can find it without too much trouble. The new Air America Association September 2006 directory was just mailed out so you can check that. And again, please let me know if there is anyway I can help in your investigation. Thanks."

My Airline Transport Pilot Certificate no. is #1455891. I still have a couple of resumes you are welcome to have as I won't be using them anymore. They are 25 pages of employer names, aircraft flown and where, and training received.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

So, let me get this straight..... If I don't agree with one of Lear's claims, or even better, if I, through MY own personal contacts and experiences happen to know for a fact that one or more of his claims is unmitigated horse manure.......I'm not allowed to "call him out", or to not even "comment"?

I don't think it's that, lord knows I don't agree with 99.9% of what John says. I think it's about disagreeing in a civil manner and understanding that while John's theories may be in question, it's hard to question the man's sincerity.

Sort of falls under the "I believe you believe" principal. I'd be a lot harder on him if I wasn't convinced he really believes this stuff.

But ATS is much like television and radio, you can always change the channel...or thread as the case may be.

I read the threads but I don't participate simply for the fact that those who believe John are going to believe John and those that don't well, don't.

Though John himself seems open to hearing others views, he like those with opposing view points needs to be convinced that he's wrong before he changes his mind.

And that in the end is the inherent problem with ufos...everybodies got a theory but we're still waiting on definitive proof.

IMO of course.

Spiderj

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join