It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear what a great guy...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman

When and how did that happen?

And why doesn't any and everyone have the same status?

If Richard Doty ( FALCON ) and Bob Collins ( CONDOR ) show up on ATS are they going to get the same "skunkworks clearance for any forum"?

What about the rest of the Aviary?

well, long story short...
speak at conspiracy seminars, become a living legend of the conspiracy groups, and then offer your knowledge to a conspiracy board...
At that point, John became his own reputable source... it is only a question of how reputable is that source.
and to that, we cannot really argue... only agree to disagree...

In other words...
If a whistleblower came here, and wanted to disseminate some information, he would be his own source... we would have no other, hence the whistleblowing...
then his reputation is all we can go by.

and Johns reputation is a subjective thing, hence all this back and forth of whether to beleive him or not...

simple...
beleive him, or not...
if you want to challenge him, feel free to ask him a question in his thread...
just be respectful...

So I guess, I will swallow my pride and say, "john has skunkworks permissions with any thread" is wrong... I apologize for the misstatement...

more accurate would be to say,
"much of what John offers, he is the only source for, and for that we thank him, not bash him" he is his source, and we can take it, or leave it...

but it still goes outside the motto of "deny ignorance" a little... but how bout we all just try to deal with that little special treatment, shall we?
IMHO Its worth it...

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

by LoneGunMan
What the heck are you smoking? The title of the thread is "John Lear what a great guy..." how does that conjure up images is your mind of me looking at Johns picture dreamy eyed and making him out to be a savior? You really should seek some help guy, for you are truly delusional.

My opinion after veiwing a video interview (not looking dreamy eyed at his picture) was that he seems to be a great guy.

So calling me delusional and telling me to get help, is that being disrespectful towards me? MODS! MODS! help im being disrespected!

Sorry mate but its a big fat "whatever" to you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
fixed quote

[edit on 16-10-2006 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
We have an ATS member that comes with a lifetime of experience in certain fields, and you can accept what he has to say, or not. If the member makes extraodinary claims, I expect the members of ATS to demand proof of those claims.
It's the nature of this site.......

I don't reply in many threads about John Lear, but I do read them.
I find what he has to say is very interesting and have a hard time understanding some of the criticism being foisted on him.

I've checked his credential's out of curiosity and found that he is who he says he is, and like any member, I'll afford him the courtesy to have his own opinion. I'll take what he says with a grain of salt until proof is presented, but still, he can post what he wants.

We should look at his input as an opportunity and save the barbs for the trolls.

I'm glad to count Mr. Lear as a member of these boards and value the time he spends here.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yeah really.. what IS the big deal?

People are surprised to read incredible claims on this website? There's one every 3 minutes, in fact the latest offers proof you can communicate with grey aliens by thinking about colors. Who's heading over to THAT guy's house with a lie detector?

Pretty funny when you think about it, 60 000 members with false names and we're questioning the only guy who's really who he says he is...

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Yeah really.. what IS the big deal?

People are surprised to read incredible claims on this website? There's one every 3 minutes, in fact the latest offers proof you can communicate with grey aliens by thinking about colors. Who's heading over to THAT guy's house with a lie detector?

Pretty funny when you think about it, 60 000 members with false names and we're questioning the only guy who's really who he says he is...

Thank you. Finally someone who sees the truth. Bottom line "turn the channel if you dont like what you hear"

Big probe you get my way above vote for that post

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Wow do you all take this too serious or what! Alot of stuff I read on here is BS....I also tell you that I love it!
I sometimes find a thread that hits home and is something that I can belive in and research. John Lear has some outstanding stories to tell and where I don't buy into all of them. I am glad he has shared what he belives. His info is possibly another varible to the equation we are all trying to solve here. Here is an example: I am intrested in Ufo's and exoplanets...anything not of this earth...John Lear's Moon Photos....Awesome stuff! Now not only do I have a visual image to refrence...I have his idea on the subject to reflect on while I try to come to my own conclusions. Give John a Break guys...Give the person that talks to greys by thinking in color one too.....These people are here to share with you, I trust myself to seperate potential fact from fiction do you?

BTW Thanks for the Moon photos John, my Telescope isnt that good

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
As I have said, I respect John as my Elder and at the very least that is reason enough to do so. In fact, I have learned much of what I know from just shutting my mouth and letting my Elders talk and teach me.

We as a nation have very little respect for those that laid the groundwork. When they are older we push them aside and brand them useless. We no longer listen to them as they may not speak as clearly anymore or move quickly enough for us.

I am of the opinion that our seniors should be revered as "rockstars" and "heroes" of the past. The things they have lived thru, learned and took part in are nothing short of invaluable resources to benefit from. Furthermore, we owe our Elders and are responsible for their care and comfort. They did their part and are deserving of the very best as they have earned it.

I realize that John isn't quite an old man but he is my Elder none the less and I will always show him the respect I speak of.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
wise man say...
you learn more by listening, than talking...

take that! young grasshoppers

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthMagnet

sleeper,

umm - you are attacking S. Friedman because of his adherance to good scientific methodology?

I am sorry but for many people the study of UFOlogy is not a faith based pursuit.

In fact many of us insist on adhering most strictly to the scientific method - without allowing ourselves to be distracted by culturally accepted scientific dogma.

Magnet,

Friedman is real good at debunking everything in the supernatural realm, and ufology resides squarely in that realm. Anyone can be an expert at debunking the supernatural, that’s the easiest job in the world.

There is no scientific method that will prove the existence of extraterrestrials because extraterrestrials will not allow themselves to be analyzed and categorized by humans. ET holds all the cards and they chose when where and by whom they will be observed.

Nevertheless, the proof of ET existence is with those that have come in contact with extraterrestrials, the thousands, and millions of people throughout time that have experienced real contact, and tell their stories.

There are charlatans in the UFO community but no more than the charlatans in the scientific community or any community.

Ironically Friedman makes a living in a field he consistently finds no proof of being real. As long as proof eludes him and others like him he will have a job.

Should extraterrestrials chose to show themselves they will not need people like Friedman to prove they exist, it will be self-evident.

Therefore what purpose does Friedman really have?

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper

Should extraterrestrials chose to show themselves they will not need people like Friedman to prove they exist, it will be self-evident.

Interesting you of all people have this opinion.

IMO there is no reason not to say the very same about yourself.

Should extraterrestrials chose to show themselves they will not need people like sleeper to prove they exist, it will be self-evident.

Therefore what purpose does sleeper really have?

[edit on 17-10-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   

[edit on 17-10-2006 by lost_shaman]

In the ufo community I have no purpose, never claimed I did, but my county tax collector knows what my purpose in life is.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Should extraterrestrials chose to show themselves they will not need people like sleeper to prove they exist, it will be self-evident.

Thats true.

He offers a glimpse of what I feel is real contact. Which I find fascinating. I believe he has been there and done that. When I first read his thread several months ago it instantly 'rang true' from all the study I have done over the past 20 years.

I appreciate the time sleeper puts in his 2 cents worth. He has taken a lot of abuse along with all the snide remarks.

His purpose at ATS is to give those of us who wish to hear what he has to say some very interesting information, views and comments. They are direct, occasional one-liners, and informative.

I would respectfully appreciate you find another thread if all you have to contribute are ill-considered remarks and I consider your remark "Therefore what purpose does sleeper really have? to be ill-considered.

What purpose do any of us have on ATS? An exchange of ideas. I enjoy the exchange of ideas but I do not enjoy unnecessary remarks. I respectfully thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Thanks sleeper.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   

In the ufo community I have no purpose, never claimed I did, but my county tax collector knows what my purpose in life is.

Yeah , but you were talking about Stanton Friedman.

How has Stanton Friedman served no purpose in the UFO community?

For example... He was the only one of twelve people to testify to Congress about UFOs in 1968 that was not a Phd.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

He offers a glimpse of what I feel is real contact.

I had a real contact myself. I had a Close Encounter with a UFO in 2002.

Which I find fascinating.

You'd be amazed at how fascinating a real UFO experience really is.

I would respectfully appreciate you find another thread if all you have to contribute are ill-considered remarks and I consider your remark "Therefore what purpose does sleeper really have? to be ill-considered.

That was sleepers statement, I only replaced "Stanton Friedman" with "sleeper" and repeated the statement to beg a question.

Anyway, its only my opinion.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Yeah , but you were talking about Stanton Friedman.

How has Stanton Friedman served no purpose in the UFO community?

For example... He was the only one of twelve people to testify to Congress about UFOs in 1968 that was not a Phd.

Friedman is good at discrediting people who know about ETs. Why?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Friedman is good at discrediting people who know about ETs. Why?

I'm not really sure as to what your talking about.

Are you saying Friedman is spreading disinformation?

IMO it seems like Friedman goes over the line and assumes E.T. is the answer to the UFO phenomena.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Why write someone off just cause you dont believe them.Even if he had evidence i bet you guys would still try to descredit him.I thought ATS was about getting theories out there.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Ok, this has to be the most pointless thread, I have read on ATS, and I have worked out why! IT is the same thread as i have already read a couple of times.

For Gods sake John Lear is a man who has done a lot in life, and has more ins within the UFO community than everyone on this site combined. He only ever tells us HIS opinion.

I have read all of his threads, and I can honesty state that NEVER has he ridiculed anyone that does not share his beliefs. He is always courteous and a wealth of ideas. Some are really out there (so was the Earth revolving around the sun), and some don't too much at all to digest.

I am not saying I believe in everything he writes, but I do enjoy reading his theories. It is funny the one i have the most trouble believing in is the soulcatcher which is the one I most like as it means we do have a purpose and that we are not just gone when we die.

I would rather believe in an after-life than an all powerful God.

Mods Could any further members John Lear opinion posts be merged into one so members that do find Johns insight interesting not have to continually be hoaxed into reading more of the same isn't he or is he posts.

Also would the 3 amigos mind if I started an ask sneakeoid thread? I have a feeling it would not take up to much bandwidth...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join