It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lost Word.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
In the tales of the Arabian Nights and particularly in the " Story of the Fishermen" there is a reference to a wonder-working word.
I found it surprising that the myth of the Lost Word should also exist among the Arabs, who say that King Solomon was in possession of this "grand omnific word," and by its use subdued the genii who rebelled against God, many of whom Solomon imprisoned by the use of his magical seal, upon which the word, contained in a pentacle, was engraved.
I always imagined that it was a purely Masonic symbolism.
Any thoughts on the origin of the legend?

Mod edit: to fix title

[edit on 19-9-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
apparently i don't know what this is, but it sounds interesting

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I thought awhile about your question since it ties closely with the Hiram Abiff story and King Solomon (Soul of Man) ((thanks, tamahu)) and the building of the Temple.

OK, The Word of God. First I would want to define the meaning of "Word"
I have to separate my mind from thinking of the word as being a Spoken Word or a Written Word and instead consider Word as a form of communication, like Logos which represents to me a pattern or grid.

Then think about the angel in Revelations having a flaming double edged sword in his mouth.

Well, for what it's worth my pondering of the missing word is a missing system to deliver and practice Truth.

Any thoughts?

The Language communicated through the pictures that are the Keys of Enoch, like the pic of Shin for Fire may be a clue.

[edit on 18-9-2006 by interestedalways]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
I thought awhile about your question since it ties closely with the Hiram Abiff story and King Solomon (Soul of Man) ((thanks, tamahu)) and the building of the Temple.

I have to separate my mind from thinking of the word as being a Spoken Word or a Written Word and instead consider Word as a form of communication, like Logos which represents to me a pattern or grid.

Then think about the angel in Revelations having a flaming double edged sword in his mouth.

Well, for what it's worth my pondering of the missing word is a missing system to deliver and practice Truth.

Any thoughts?

The Language communicated through the pictures that are the Keys of Enoch, like the pic of Shin for Fire may be a clue.

Wow I really like what your proposing here... from my studies... I've read about numerous teachings on this mystical 'Logos'

The word/logos I think is what Silent Knowledge is, same as Intent (I mean intent as in the intent of the all)

I also believe its a practice and delivery method, but both are one and the same, the delivery method is the practice and the practice is also the word, or logos...
I have read sorcery information that teaches some practices, quite practical, and simple, yet complex and difficult, that teach how to 'hear' this 'silent knowledge' or The Logos....

I find the topic all to interesting to say the least.

[edit on 9/18/2006 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Information seems especially sycronized these days, I notice.

The biblical phrases of Eyes to See and Ears to Hear have always intrigued me. That says to me that the obvious is not what we are looking for, but instead the
Unseen
and the
Unspoken
are what we would be looking for.

I was just looking through a book on Egyptian Symbology and noticed the pictograph of the Triune force as The OverSoul and two Lesser Souls and the pic was a Star of David with a dot in the center like a pupil and an outside layer which was representing the twelve signs of the Zodiac. It looked like the pupil of an eye with the fractalization of the iris of an eye.

Then the Music of the Celestial Spheres was mentioned and that is where I am with the whole thing right now.

Good input Pure Energy and I like your avatar.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Both yours and Purenergy's post have some intriguing concepts which wet the appetite but leave one wanting more definition...
Surprisingly there is almost no information with regards to where the idea might have originated
but there are countless opinions and thoughts as to what it may be.
After reserching (too little) I feel attracted to the idea that the Word is the essence of being,
the energy of existence, the mantra of living, Aum, breathing in and breathing out.
The Word enters you with the first breath you inhale and leaves you when you last exhale. Life in motion.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I did some reading on this in the past and came to the conclusion that the "secret word of God" and other similar power words are related to harmonic frequencies and more properly called sounds.

Since we know that everything in the universe is vibrating and producing sound (whether we hear it or not), then it is logical to conclude that if one can produce a harmonic of a frequency they wish to affect, then conceivably some wonderful things should occur.

For example the word used by yogis; OM.

Also, Royal Raymond Rife is said to have been able to cure cancer using resonant frequencies.

www.rense.com...
www.rife.org...

Just like you can shatter a crystal glass using resonant frequencies, so too can you destroy harmful pathogens.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Belinquest.............
In re-reading your post which began this thread I noted the mention of this lost word being contained in a pentacle and engraved therein.

The pentacle, is that man? And engraved within, would that be DNA potential?
The sound/vibration could activate something.

Maybe someone with more facts will read this and share some info as it is a facinating subject/question.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Belinquest.............
In re-reading your post which began this thread I noted the mention of this lost word being contained in a pentacle and engraved therein.

The pentacle, is that man? And engraved within, would that be DNA potential?
The sound/vibration could activate something.

Maybe someone with more facts will read this and share some info as it is a facinating subject/question.

Pentacle/man seems quite feasible but you are certainly right about needing someone with reasonably credible possibilities and relative sources.

There are mystics who believe the Word changes with your own development; when you are born the word is: breathe then it becomes suckle then it becomes chew etc..
These survival and existential instincts need perfecting and refining in order to experience yourself and acquire knowledge of yourself without too much waste.
The more waste the more dross you have to carry with you.

Personally I, sort of, like that idea but I don't know where to go to convince myself.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
A wonder working word is also part of the pseudo-philosophical societies that have popped up through the ages. I think it might have something to do with the concept of 'plantonic ideals', and a word, being an abstraction, thus represents that ideal world, and gives a person sway over it, or at least a connection and use of it.

Today, the wonder working words are still used, like in a magic show, "Abbracadabbra!" is what the magician says before his feat. And that word seems to me anyway to be some sort of a corruption of "Abbraxas", which is a 'wonder working word' from some of the cults.

As far as it being amoung the arabs:
The hebrews, who of course are a semitic group, just like the arabs, kept the name of their god secret, and it functioned similar to words like "abbracaddabra". So its perhaps no surprise that the arabs have a similar tradition, especially if its being picked up by them through the bible/torah. But also note that in the semitic writting systems, the vowels of a word are dropped out, the vowels are said to 'reside within the spelling' with the consonants, thats why the hebrwe god is YHWH, the vowels are left out, and only the select who've been taught the secret know the name. The arabs did this to, dropped out the vowels. Because of it, they have developed a rather complex and detailed 'word mythology', in which words that are spelled with the same consonants (and thus look the same when written, but have different vowels in pronunciation), are connected. This even allows 'coding' of words and short phrases, in which the 'exoteric' reading is what you get with one set of vowels, and the esoteric with another.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
i'd like to comment on the frequency / vibration statement.

There are many products that adjust a persons physical frequency / vibration like a meissner field (spelling?) .... now we have certain glands in our head. pineal, pituatary.. etc... and these glands are related to 'paranormal' or drastic physical changes, changes in thought and emotion as well as health and spirit (light/dream-body)...

dna is structure, it takes things to make structures, or patterns... one could say certain vibrations or freq go into making up the over-all freq / vibration of your dna...
now if you alter the freq / vibrations that make the structure what it is, DNA in good shape, or DNA in poor shape, you can change the structure of it.
The neuro-chemicals that our brain CAN produce CAN alter DNA to operate more effienciently ... our brain consists of a large amount of rhodium and iridium, therefore one could say our brain is a giant fuel cell... like the rhodium and iridium fuel cells GE is working on right now.

Now what this has to do with what I was proposing earlier is, The Word, Logos, introduces certain frequencies into your life to alter your originally self-messed up frequency... this is all called INTENT... When we are TUNED to INTENT we can actually see what its trying to show/teach us, and we can learn or use it in practice... you know when you guess a number then think of another number but the first number was right.... The first voice was intent, you silenced it, and over-rode the ability to 'KNOW' without knowing. It is constantly operating and we could function solely on this 'first voice' or INTENT if we were totally aware or 'complying' with it... But we have learned to silence it through-out our years.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It is taught that The Lost Word, The LOGOS is the Sephirothic Crown within each one of us(The Supra-Monad)

The Word is the Self-Perfected Dharmakaya, Sambhogakaya and Nirmanakaya(The Word is not lost to Itself, it is only lost to the fallen humanoids)

Even all those with Solar Bodies(White Raiment) have not necessarily Incarnated the Word.

Church of Sardis

"He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels."

He that overcomes (Nirvana and chooses Renunciation), the same (will become a Reincarnation of the Logos Chokmah and) shall be clothed (in Tiphereth) in white raiment; and I (Chokmah) will not blot out his (Inner Sacred) name out of the book of life (because whosoever knows, the Word gives power to; no one has uttered it, no one will utter it, except the one who has the Word incarnated), but I will confess his name before my Father (the Ain Soph), and before his angels (the Cosmocreators, so that he can Return into The Absolute happiness by means of his final Liberation).

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
he that overcometh what? ... himself?
will be given a white rainment?
white associated with light...
rainment associated with covering....
a light body? ...

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
he that overcometh what? ... himself?

Yes, the Essence or Buddha-Nature has to first overcome the "I", me, myself or the ego; in order to Incarnate the Word.

will be given a white rainment?
white associated with light...
rainment associated with covering....
a light body? ...

Right, the protoplasmic lunar bodies are replaced with the Solar Bodies(Solar-Sahu, Merkabah, To Soma Heliakon) through an Alchemical process called in the East: Karma-Mudra, also known as White Sexual Magic.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
A wonder working word is also part of the pseudo-philosophical societies that have popped up through the ages. I think it might have something to do with the concept of 'plantonic ideals', and a word, being an abstraction, thus represents that ideal world, and gives a person sway over it, or at least a connection and use of it.

Today, the wonder working words are still used, like in a magic show, "Abbracadabbra!" is what the magician says before his feat. And that word seems to me anyway to be some sort of a corruption of "Abbraxas", which is a 'wonder working word' from some of the cults.

As far as it being amoung the arabs:
The hebrews, who of course are a semitic group, just like the arabs, kept the name of their god secret, and it functioned similar to words like "abbracaddabra". So its perhaps no surprise that the arabs have a similar tradition, especially if its being picked up by them through the bible/torah. But also note that in the semitic writting systems, the vowels of a word are dropped out, the vowels are said to 'reside within the spelling' with the consonants, thats why the hebrwe god is YHWH, the vowels are left out, and only the select who've been taught the secret know the name. The arabs did this to, dropped out the vowels. Because of it, they have developed a rather complex and detailed 'word mythology', in which words that are spelled with the same consonants (and thus look the same when written, but have different vowels in pronunciation), are connected. This even allows 'coding' of words and short phrases, in which the 'exoteric' reading is what you get with one set of vowels, and the esoteric with another.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by Nygdan]

What you say makes good historical common sense and has a ring of continuity, there is also the added benefit that the word could also used as a kind of Pass-Word.

And yet the notion of vibrating a sound to recieve a"tingling in the body" or " goose pimples with certain songs" does exist and many people have experieced it ( including myself in a very amateur form.)

From Wike:
Itzhak Bentov (1923 - May 25, 1979) was a Czech born scientist, inventor, mystic, and author. He was an early exponent of the science of consciousness.
By blending analytical knowledge and intuitive insight, Itzhak Bentov was the first to develop what is now widely accepted as a holographic model of reality.
His ideas
* Our bodies are mirrors of the whole universe,at every level.
* Vibration permeates all things.
* The universe and all matter is made of consciousness in the process of developing to higher levels.
* Our brains are thought receivers and amplifiers, not the source of thought.
* All knowledge that has ever been generated is potentially available to us from other consciousnesses somewhere in the universe.
* The universe is a hologram. The brain is a hologram interpreting a holographic universe.

Perhaps a bit far fetched for some but the idea ( sound/vibration etc..) is very insistent and I think the possibility should be studied at scientific level rather than just mystical

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Reminds me of the Keys of Enoch....alledgedly frequencies which revealed something.

It alos reminds me of the story of Lilith who utterd a word, wither Gods name or something else, and fles from eden.

definately strange....

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
As for the Jinn (JIN GINN), Solomon I have read controlled them witht he threat of calling upon God, knowing his true name would allow that to be done. So the Ginn were used to make the water flow through the lands. The history channel had a whole special on that and I can recall the rest, but it was very good material.

The word from my understanding, is the true name of God. How then did the real name of God come into our possession, well any one who knows theology, or Abrahams religion in particular, would know that back in the day, man and God spoke and conversed. Well the word was preserved through those who were selected to protect such. Generation upon generation it was passed down.

Think about it, it makes sence and is fully founded religiously.

Accourding to the Masonic tradition, Hiram abif was the one who last had the real word of Gods name. When he was killed it was lost, hence the whole Masonry preservation of his death. It has more of a symbolic meaning they say, but I wonder if it is not more factual than not. Oral tratitions of passing knowledge was the orginal old school.

That should give you enough to consider, I dont want to teach a whole lecture onthis, and encourage any one interested to search on their own.

[edit on 20-9-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I don't know if I should post this or not, but.........

Last night when i was meditating I found myself contemplating the idea of hearing sound that isn't spoken, I was falling into a near sleep/trance state when I was startled back into my surroundings by a "sound" it was coming from the right side of me and it was like a low growl/purr sound, from a big cat of some sort,
For a minute I thought an animal was in my room and I was scared, then I felt through the fear and had to think real hard about where I was in my head before the sound reached me. I remembered about meditating on listening, rather than hearing and made note of the connection.

It seemed to me that the transference of the "sound/image of sound" came through a space/time wrinkle, like it flowed form a gaseous wave through space.

I know this sounds like I'm just trying a little too hard, but I am sincere and I don't think up things to say on threads! Such happenings allow me to continue this journey with confidence that if we continue to seek, we will find.

By the way, I don't think this was the Word of God, but I think it is a piece of information to assist in knowing about sound outside the box.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The idea of sounds having certain phsyiological effects is certainly reasonable enough. Everyone can hear some songs that stir up feelings. Even consider the opeing notes to Black Sabbath, the somewhat infamous "tritone", considered in the earlier ages to be notes of the devil, because of the feelings that they inspired in people (usually noted as overtly sexual feelings too).

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
An intresting read.
xeeatwelve.com...

an excerpt

The ruffians hid the body in the temple, then carted it away and buried it. When King Solomon was informed that Abiff was missing, he was furious and took a role call of the craft, and found three were missing. These were the three ruffians. The king blocked the harbours and roads and sent out search parties. Finally, the three ruffians were found and brought before King Solomon, to whom they confessed. Solomon ordered each of them to be executed in vile, horrific ways, with terrible torture and severing of body parts.

Thereafter, King Solomon and King Hiram dug up his grave to look all over him for a clue to the syllable. When none was found, they raised Abiff from his grave and buried him near the temple, as close to the Holy of Holies as tradition would allow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join