It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the best alcoholic drink?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Its called a Purple Rain.

Ingredients
Ice cubes or crushed ice
1 1/2 oz Gin
Fill with Cranberry juice
1 splash Blue Curacao
1 splash Sour mix
1 splash Soda water
Mixing Instruction
Fill glass with ice. Add gin, fill with cranberry juice and add a splash of Blue Curacao, sour mix and soda. Shake gently, add more Curacao for correct color (should be Royal Purple).

I just like purple

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Nothing beats a FINE GLASS OF WINE ladies and gentlmen, IMHO.

:w:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Hard liquor of almost anykind shared with an art therapist or legal secretary in my van in the parking lot of a Bowling alley somewhere in Texas.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
"I'll have a scotch on the rocks. Any scotch will do as long as it's not a blend of course. Single malt Glenlivet, Glenfiddich perhaps maybe a Glen... any Glen."

Ahh, Swingers had it mostly right. Not on the rocks, but chilled just after pouring, and served neat. Fantastic.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Anyone here ever try Absinthe? I have tried it on a few occasions and have had a couple weird experiences while intoxicated. It is supposably a hallucinogen and is very mysterious. The fact that it is 150 proof might be the reason for the so called hallucinogen effect! hahaha

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2-28-2007 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
[size=10]CIDER!

Or as it is known were i live.... APPLEPISH!!!

My preferred brand...

BULMERS

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Also a big fan of cider...but i do prefer a nice pint of the worthingtons.

but failling that...A knowles norse.

in a tall glass

1 x 25ml shot of norse vodka.
splash of fresh lime juice.
a pinch of fresh ginger.
a sprinkle of brown sugar.
top off with lemonade.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Some of my “favorite drinks” include:

Apple Martini’s

Pomegranate Martini’s

Gin & Tonic w/ Lime

Strawberry daiquiris

Wine

Not to say that I don't like many other things, these are just some of my most chosen ones. My sister in law used to have these Mother's Day Pool parties....and the buckets of Mai-Tai's flowed...so did the male strippers. Heck, Mai tais are also good

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I enjoy a "nice drink" now and then. My only problem with drinking, however, is that I am prone to migraine headaches -- cluster migraines. As anyone who has migraines will tell you, alcohol can certainly make things worse. Alcohol can trigger a migraine or make an existing migraine worse -- much worse.
Still, like I said, I do enjoy a drink now and then.

I love wine -- a nice dry Shiraz with dinner is a favorite. But wines, especially red wines are a notorious trigger for migraines so I have to indulge in any foray into the wine cellar with care.

Beer, another migraine trigger, probably my drink of choice. One interesting note. In my search for a "safe drink" (one that won't trigger a migraine) I stumbled onto Corona. I don't know what it is about Corona but this beer. out of the myriad of brands that I've tried, just doesn't seem to trigger the accursed headaches. Perhaps it's the lime (though I doubt it) but something about Corona allows it to be consumed without much risk.

I once mentioned this to my wifes Uncle, a doctor and professor-emeritus at the University of Western Ontario Medical School, and he remarked that he had heard this before. In fact, he mentioned that several of his physician friends who had migraines also reported that they preferred Corona because of the perceived diminished risk of migraines.

Perhaps it is just a perception as any evidence is merely anecdotal but, nevertheless, I enjoy my ice cold Corona (twist of lime, naturally) whenever the mood strikes and I usually don't have a headache as a result. I'd be curious to learn if anyone else has experienced or perceived this to be true about Corona. Anyway.....Corona would have to be my favorite alcoholic drink.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
Anyone here ever try Absinthe? I have tried it on a few occasions and have had a couple weird experiences while intoxicated. It is supposably a hallucinogen and is very mysterious. The fact that it is 150 proof might be the reason for the so called hallucinogen effect! hahaha

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2-28-2007 by CPYKOmega]

I thought it was illegal lol.

but a zombie or scotch.

I also like my stoli vodka.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
This is what I'm drinking tonight.

I'm putting crushed ice in the food processor
Adding some of the Pina Colada Mixer
And a healthy belt of rum

I'm suffering from brain freeze while I type this.

EDIT: I think I'm seeing double....

[edit on 13/3/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
This is what I'm drinking tonight.

Pina Colada

That's interesting. I've never made a Pina Polada with anything other that the clear Bacardi rum. I wonder how much the taste varies?

Bacardi Gold....Now that makes a fantastic Rum Cake that's to die for. I love rum cake at Christmas time
Yum!

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I just find the gold to have a bit more flavor, but I'm also a big fan of dark rum.
(I mostly mix the dark with Pepsi)

I've never tried Pina Coladas with a really dark rum, and I just find them lacking something if I make them with white rum.

Give it a try with the gold, I think you'll like it.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Guacamolee

First you need to make some really limey green koolaid with the regular 8 cups of water 1 extra cup of sugar then required and 2 packs of lime koolaid powder, just mix it all up and chill then here is how the drink is made.

2 oz vodka
3 oz's sparkling grapefruit soda
2 oz' sprite or 7up
3 oz's of the lime koolaid serve with a big glass and crushed ice.

Tastes Killer

Let me know what you think.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I'm not down with the sweet/flavored stuff at all... :shk:

For me, if it's liquor, it's a tie between a good classic martini (that's with gin of course, the only way to make a martini) and a good single malt Scotch like Lagavulin.

Depending on my mood I also sometimes like neat bourbon, neat chilled vodka, or Hennessey. I've also recently discovered the Manhattan, which is fun to make.

As for beer, I usually like either Belgian-style ales like Chimay or Duvel, or really dark porters.

Yes, I have the drinking habits of an old man. I even have bitters in my fridge!

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Im a florida boy and I love my Seabreaze.

Actually Vodka and anything. Absolute bty.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega

I'm sure the Absinthe that we have nowadays is not even a touch of the Absinthe of yesteryear. Apparently it was just too strong, and wiped out half of the Bohemian culture of late 1880's Paris by their forties.

As for my favourite alchohlic drink, give me a nice tropical Taboo and lemonade with some ice.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
My favorite may be a little off the wall but here' goes.

Rum and beer mixed in a tall glass full of ice.

I just don't care for the sweet taste of pepsi/coke with my rum and like it a tad bitter.

Good stuff

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Vodka and Juice(Strawberry Kiwi)
Jager mixed
Brandy and eggnog
Bombay Sapphire Gin
Spided Rum or regular w/Pina Colada (Bacardi)
Just the right flavored Scotch
kaluha and coffee

wine:
Pinot Noir-black berrys

:w:

[edit on 8-10-2007 by dreamingawake]

[edit on 8-10-2007 by dreamingawake]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Pint of Magnet, (electric, not hand pulled), cold, full head.
Can't get a photo of it, not marketed as heavily as the now more common John Smiths Extra Smooth.

Alternative,Magners, plenty of ice.

Vodka.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join