It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hockomock Swamp/Bridgewater Triangle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I figured I'd bring this subject of local legend around my area to the light of the ATS community this place is very interesting for all of the reports of occurences, especially due to many reputable witnesses, including police and newspeople.
I'll give you a brief overview, the Hockomock Swamp has been a place of odd events since Pre-Europe contact, its name is Native American and means "Devil's swamp" or "Place where spirits dwell". It's oddities include Low-flying UFOs, Bigfoot creatures, cattle mutilations, Indian curses, ghostly apparitions, as well as a number of strange plants some of which have only been found in the Amazon Forest, which is quite away from the area which is a little bit south of Boston. Reports of UFOs date back to 1760.

There is much more but Ill give you the links to the articles for that but I do have one personal thing to ad. One of my fathers good friends is skitzofrenic, and didnt take medicine for a long time, during this period he has told my father that he would go into the Hockomock to burn fires. Now he is back on his meds and he was telling my father that while he was in there he deff saw different cults doing ceremonys in the swamp, apparently he is sure now that he is off the meds that, that was real. Well here are the links, also I can also say I have been in these woods and they are VERY creepy.

One last thing as a local perspective this is not the sticks at all all of these towns are suburbs the swamp is huge and is the only area of its size that has not been built in at all. Well I hope you all enjoy and I look forward to your comments.

The Bridgewater Triange encomesses the Swamp and a number of suburban areas as well which are loaded with ghosts ect.

What is the Bridgewater Triangle?

The Bridgewater Triangle

Life in the Bridgewater Triangle

About.com The Bridgewater Triangle

Bridgewater State College article

Wikipedia Article

Boston Globe Article

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   
That place sounds like THE place to base a movie about...interesting. The history involved sounds like the perfect story line for a good bedtime read eh? Good Stuff.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Wow that sounds like a creepy place but i agree that it would be a good place 2 shoot a movie. Its sounds like the discription of Skinwalker Ranch and has almost exactly the same mysterious animals. Here is the thread on it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Thank You for sharing this with us.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The Skinwalker thread actually reminded me of this, what I like theo is where the Skinwalker seems to be a fraud this has quite a few reliable witnesses.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Picture of Indian Rock

Picture of Ghost inside the Triangle

Bridgewater Triangle Thunderbird is Mothman?

Just found a couple more pics

[edit on 20-9-2006 by ProjectChaos]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
just an observation

funny of how it is almost in the same region used by H.P. Lovecraft to host the stories in his novels and books (Providence where he was born, Narangasset etc...)

maybe an influence/source for his books ?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
That pic of thunderbird reminds me of Swallow bird.

And apparently swallow bird was used by natives as a name. Too lazy to look for good examples...

www.fluryco.com...

So maybe it was some evil chief who killed people and stuff... just an idea.

[edit on 22-9-2006 by Sureiyaa]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Hmmmm...

I've always wanted to live by one of those spots, where paranormal stuff was almost common.

Heck, I might just have to move there, someday.
To be honest, the only way of knowing if stuff that revolves around one area is true is to live it. And I'd like to do that exactly. All I gotta do is move or vacation there.

P.S. That Ghost picture is just freaky.

[edit on 22-9-2006 by Voidmaster]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MukaMuka
Wow that sounds like a creepy place but i agree that it would be a good place 2 shoot a movie. Its sounds like the discription of Skinwalker Ranch and has almost exactly the same mysterious animals. Here is the thread on it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Thank You for sharing this with us.

I just finished the Skinwalker Ranch book. Unrelated I live within a few miles of the Bridgewater Triangle and my family goes back there by almost 400 years. I had heard about the issues there, but just spent the last 3 hours reading a variety articles, posts and websites out it.

It is not simply "similar" but *identical* to the situation of the Skinwalker Ranch. Interdimensional bigfoots, enormous UFOs, seemingly intelligent orbs of light, history of indian lore and fear of the the area -- there are more and I am just simplifying, but the descriptions are identical. It is NOT a coincidence. It couldn't be. Nor could it be a conspiracy organized by a single person or even a single generation.

So what does this mean????

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The Boston Globe has an article today about the Bridgewater Triangle. Nothing really new, but it does go over the history of the Triangle.

www.boston.com...

top topics

join