It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre cell phone thing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Early this morning while I was getting ready for work my cell phone started ringing. By it's tune I knew it was my dad. I didn't answer it because I was in a bit of a hurry, and he normally calls early in the morning when he wants me to go on a hike or something with him.
It keeps ringing then records a message. I don't check the message because I'm too busy.
Then it rings again. I figure 'eh, might as well just tell him I'm too busy."
I answer it and all it is, is static like he's out of range. I keep shouting into the phone "I can't hear you! There's too much static! I'm sorry!" then the call gets dropped. Immediately the phone rings again. I answer it and it's static again. This time I can distinctly hear someone saying 'help me' and 'I'm here' however the voice is very disrupted due to all the static. I could have even just thought I heard those words.
Anyways, now I'm starting to worry. My dad likes to hike into remote areas and he's already starting to reach old age. All I could picture in my mind is him trapped under a rock or something trying to talk to his son before he dies.
The phone is dropped again.
once again, immediately it rings again. Now I sit down and answer it because this could be bad.
More static, more words saying 'help me' and 'I'm here' then after about 10-20 seconds of it, I suddenly hear what sounds like a normal radio commercial. Some woman talking about a medicine or something. Then over it all I hear my dad say "Hey Jamie, how is it going?"
Jamie is one of his friends.
The call drops and doesn't ring. I call my dad and he answers. I ask him if he tried calling and he said no. I asked him what he was doing today and he said he was at his church helping out with building a new deck. I said goodbye and that was that.

I checked the list of recent calls and surely enough he was listed as calling 4 times. I check my messages and it's just static for about a second or two and the message ends.

I'm not sure exactly what happened this morning. This occured at about 8 AM, it's now almost 11 and I'm at work. I was thinking about it all morning trying to come up with a theory on how it happened. My guess is that somehow his phone was dialing my phone (that has happened before but the phone has dialed to other people), and that there was some sort of radio interference.
However, I couldn't help but think of those horror movies where someone gets a phone call and it's just a raspy voice saying something scary.

If anyone has heard of anything like this, or thinks it might have been something paranormal go ahead and either u2u me or post a message here. It wouldn't have been the first time something weird happened to me

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I think, you don't need to worry about anything. He will call you back if he wants to, if not, hust keep in touch with him via E-mail. E-mails always come and go, you'll get them if given to you.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thymus
I think, you don't need to worry about anything. He will call you back if he wants to, if not, hust keep in touch with him via E-mail. E-mails always come and go, you'll get them if given to you.

Who's 'he'?

Anyways, I called my sister today and asked her what was up. She told me she was kinda worried and I asked her why. She said that there was a message on her answering machine that was just a bunch of static and weird noises.
This surprised me, for I hadn't even mentioned the cell phone thing to her yet. I asked if she saved the message so I could hear it, and she said it scared her so much that she deleted the message :/
I told her what happened to me earlier with the cell phone and it only caused her more worry. I explained to her that it was probably interference with the cell phone, and that the cell phone our dad uses acts up and randomly dials numbers sometimes.

Weird coincidences though. Made for an interesting day, never knew what I'd get when I answered the phone

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Just as an insight, some choose to hack cell phone signals and broadcast whatever they want.
I've done this once (counter due to harassment of the same type) using an old Radio Shak scanner with an added broadcaster for input.
You can get those signal-waves to hop when you want to.

I'm not saying something didn't happen that wasn't paranormal, but hearing a commercial makes me think someone is a little too happy, with a little too much time on their hands.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bothered
Just as an insight, some choose to hack cell phone signals and broadcast whatever they want.
I've done this once (counter due to harassment of the same type) using an old Radio Shak scanner with an added broadcaster for input.
You can get those signal-waves to hop when you want to.

I'm not saying something didn't happen that wasn't paranormal, but hearing a commercial makes me think someone is a little too happy, with a little too much time on their hands.

Wow, never even thought of that!
They did recently put in a radio shack not too far away... hmm...

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
lol, once my sister called me 13 times in a row without even knowing she did it. It seems that if you push the send button on her phone twice it calls the last person you were talking to . The way it was laying in her purse meant everytime she leaned or something her phone would call me.

Might be the same thing here, ask your dad to check his call records on his cell to see if it accidentaly called you 4 times.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   
whats interesting is that it happened to your sister also. you never know...electronics can always get screwy..especially wireless ones. there have been all sorts of cases where individuals receive calls and messages from beyond.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Someones been watching "White Noise" alittle too much lately
(kidding)

But yes that is pretty strange that your sister got that message too.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
LOL! This happened to me off and on for a while. All I heard was an answering machine recording that I would get every couple of days with static and weird voices. Eventually I reconised one of the voices as my brother's. It turns out he was always carring his cell phone in his pocket while he was at work ( a busy kitchen) and it was getting pressed and scruffed around in his pocket and dialing my number. Maybe your father had his cell in his pocket while doing the deck work and your number kept getting dialed when he bent a certain way. The rubbing of cloth on the speaker caused the static and who ever was there with him you could hear him talking to.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The phone could be going nuts and dialing everyone on his call list.

Is this a phone that will dial on voice command? Did he just say your name and it dialed?

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Is your mom still alive?

I have strange things happen myself. I would tell your dad to be extra careful.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
hmmmmm

me thinks you answered your own question my friend

"My guess is that somehow his phone was dialing my phone (that has happened before but the phone has dialed to other people), and that there was some sort of radio interference"

did you actually look at the incoming phone number on your phone, or is the assumption it was your dad's phone based entirely on the ring tone ?

I think it was a crossed line or whatever

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I got the creeps reading this. I think you got a call from the grave. Could someone be trying to contact you???

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I knew it was my dad because the caller ID on my cell phone said it was.
Judging by the fact that he doesn't have a purse, and he answered his phone when I called him yes he probably did have it in his pocket
Building a deck is tough work, and involves lots of bending over. My dad said his cell phone doesn't record calling my phone, then again I'm not even sure if he knows how to check that anyway

I have not seen 'White Noise' but my sister has... that's probably why the static freaked her out so much

I was quick to dismiss this at first as a simple technical problem, but the fact that it happened to my sister makes me pause. The only way it could have done that would be if my dad was bending over in such a way that he was going through his contact's list and dialing numbers. Which is entirely possible I guess.

My mother is still alive and well, as are two of my grandparents and all close relatives. My other two grandparents died several years ago when both me and my sister were quite young and barely have any memories of them. If anyone we knew died, I imagine we would have received information about it.

I'm ready to dismiss it as just a weird event unless it happens again.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Why would this be a veird event?

You have your phone number redirected to another (international) phone number, all of them go through the GSM providers, and you are amazed that the line is choppy.

Justt get a SIM card that is of a nation or state where you are located, and get a phone call . Or simply use a satelite phone, and have him called back if you are aware of his phone call. Satelite callls aren't too expensive these days, are they? I checked EMSAAT's prices. they are cool.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Its possible someone was using prankdial.com and listing his number and name on the caller id. I know ive played with it a few times and nothing is funnier then your wife calling you and saying " the number 666-666-6666 and the id name satan just came up on my caller id and the voice said im coming for your soul then hung up" .

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by minniescar
Its possible someone was using prankdial.com and listing his number and name on the caller id. I know ive played with it a few times and nothing is funnier then your wife calling you and saying " the number 666-666-6666 and the id name satan just came up on my caller id and the voice said im coming for your soul then hung up" .

I checked out the site and tried to send myself a message to my cell phone but I never received it... does that only work for regular phones?

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Get you dad to view the recently dialled numbers on his phone to see if his phone has recorded the calls.

Should shed some light on the situation.

top topics

join