It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'the exodus decoded'...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
yesterday, a documentary aired on the history channel entitled 'the exodus decoded'...

here is the official site to this documentary:

'the exodus decoded'...

Exodus. The very word evokes an epic tale of Pharaohs and Israelites, plagues and miracles, the splitting of the sea, the drowning of an army, Moses and the revelation at Sinai. The story is at the very heart of Judaism, Christianity and Islam. But many historians argue that the Exodus is a myth. Others disagree.

In the Exodus Decoded we analyze the latest archaeological findings and scientific papers; we explore the dusty back rooms of out-of-the-way libraries and museums around the world; and we track down dozens of forgotten relics and ancient documents. Individually, these findings are historical curiosities. Together they tell the true story of the Exodus.

In an explosive 2-hour documentary special, Exodus Decoded solves the mystery of the events of the Biblical Exodus for the first time ever.

if you missed the documentary (actually i only watched the last hour), please visit the above site and also check out this neat virtual museum...

additional information about the documentary can be viewed here:

exodus decoded (wiki)...

as mentioned before, i only watched the last hour of the documentary (i sadly missed the first hour)...

what i learned from that single hour was amazing

the documentary (the parts i saw) explained the killing of the egyptian first-born sons and the parting of the sea of reeds...

supposedly, there was a release of carbon monoxide (or something) and it went into the lungs of the first-bornes only (because they slept on the floors of the homes) and this is what killed them...

then the documentary showed this gravestone (found in mycenae) that depicted moses separating the sea of reeds...

also, the documentary claims to have found mount sinai...

finally, the documentary showed a gold ornament that, supposedly, depicts what the arc of the covenant looks like...

if anyone also watched this documentary, please reply in this thread...

mods, please keep this thread in this forum because it is a controversial topic that may just have been proven fact...

related ATS threads about this topic:

Did the exodus really happen?...

Have Canadian archaeologists unearthed one of the Exodus mysteries?...

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I would think they would find hard, concrete evidence of Hebrew enslavement in Egypt, such as graves, tombs, remains, ect. Almost everything else in Egyptian archaeology has been preserved. Like for example, I would imagine some hebrew slaves were sacrificed and entombed with Egyptian masters.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I saw the pgm (partially), too. I entered when they were on top of Mt Sinai saying that one particular area would have been an excellent audio arena for Moses' announcement. I thought that the search for the artwork from the ancient Danites was excellent and the 3D display of the little golden Ark of the Covenant made perfect sense to me. I plan on getting purchasing the video from the History Channel.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Lets just say that the program that aired, was probably the best at decoding a part of the bible that I have ever seen. They not only gave proof, but also showed moving pictures. I recomend anyone that is into that sort of stuff check it out. If you are not into it, just check it out anyway. Awesome program. I really like how they did the 3D thing of the gravestone tablet, and the part where they went onto Mt Sinai, was great, they showed the place that they say were in the bible. Like the well, where Moses hit the rock. Or the plateau where the Iseralites were staying, even the gravesites of the followers of Mosses.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
yupp...

two thumbs way up for this documentary

i am glad you all enjoyed it...

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I would think they would find hard, concrete evidence of Hebrew enslavement in Egypt, such as graves, tombs, remains, ect. Almost everything else in Egyptian archaeology has been preserved. Like for example, I would imagine some hebrew slaves were sacrificed and entombed with Egyptian masters.

They'll never find physical evidence that the Hebrews were slaves to the Kemetians, because the whole Exodus story is a symbolic Kabbalistic story, written by the Kemetian Priest and Master Alchemist we know as Moses(who was half Hebrew and half Kemetian).

As a spiritual friend that I used to talk to online once said...

Master Builders would have been coming from all over the world and waiting in line, in order to sign up to help Build the pyramids.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Not to mention that the supposed time of the Exodus takes place years after the main ones, or I should say pretty much all of them, were already built.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
tamahu...

did you see the documentary???

i respect your opinion, but you should have watched the show...

if you did, it may have altered this strain of thought you have...

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I didn't get to see it...

Did they address any of what I've just stated?

And did they find any physical evidence of the Hebrews being used as slaves?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
hey if you guys enjoyed this program you would really enjoy the book (and TBS program) "Walking The Bible".

very similar in its quest for historical evidence and such.

p.s. you dont have to believe the hebrews built the pyramid to still think they lived in Egypt. Although the complete lack of evidence of their being there is a point not to be swept under the rug.

But, the hebrews (if they lived there) were said to dwell in the nile delta, the perfect environment for evidence to dissapear (erosion, extreme flooding, etc.)

Its a great argument either way

[edit on 22-8-2006 by Philadelphite]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
And did they find any physical evidence of the Hebrews being used as slaves?

as stated before, i only saw the last hour of it

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   
This sounds a lot like what Ralph Ellis and Ahmed Osman have written about.

I've enjoyed reading some of their books, but I don't think their theories are particularly respected in 'official' or mainstream circles from what I've read.

It was the theories of a connection between the Hyksos and the Hebrews that got me interested in reading the Old Testament, but again, I don't think this idea is one that is taken seriously by experts.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The Documentary made a categorical assertion that the Exodus ossurred in "1500 BCE." However, the eruption of Thera is believed to have happened in the 1600s BCE. Not a great difference, but if we associate the Exodus story with the Thera eruption it would make a lot of sense. The parting of the Red (?or "Reed") Sea could then be attributed to the initial effect of receding of the Mediterranean waters which would have occurred prior to the next phase or tidal wave which could have drowned the Egyptians chasing the Israelites. The various premonitory plagues could be related then to pre-eruptive spewings of the Thera volcano, which was only a few hundred miles from Egypt.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   

They'll never find physical evidence that the Hebrews were slaves to the Kemetians, because the whole Exodus story is a symbolic Kabbalistic story, written by the Kemetian Priest and Master Alchemist we know as Moses(who was half Hebrew and half Kemetian).

What is the story symbolic of, Tamahu?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I remember seeing something like this a few months ago, can't remember the name of the show or even which channel carried it.

Could this have been aired previously?

The show I watched, is the same as what you described.

I found it extremely interesting as it offered explanations for all the supposed myths surrounding the bible. ( may have just been about Exodus, can't remember ).
And, I believe it was at least 2 hours long (with another similar show preempting it).

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I didn't get to see this show, and i was looking forward to wtaching it as they air the previews for at least a whole week. The History Ch has been doing a great job of putting together some awsome shows.

I'll be waiting for it to re air, and will get back tot his thread after it does.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I too saw this documentry, and thought it was very well done. I did however think they from a scientific view point went into great detail to prove that all they plaques were "Scientifically" explainable...in addition to (well they could have been by God too but) bla, bla, bla...and stuff.

Anyhow that really got me thinking....well God would know how to do all this stuff though to have the same effect, even if it is scientifically explainable. It was a great program, and I popped a tape in and recorded it for future reference. I also have another one on Noah's Ark that is also an excellent program.

*****Did anyone buy the part though about that little gold pendant being the image of the altar & the ark of the covenant? I'm not sure I was convinced on that one. I mean sure they made it look like ""their" 3D image of the tabernacle, or maybe they made "their" 3D image around that gold piece.... like reaching for something you know what I mean???? Any thoughts on that one?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hi Ersatz

Originally posted by Ersatz

What is the story symbolic of, Tamahu?

Krumm Heller stated: “The Sethians adored the Great Light, and said that the emanations of the Sun form a nest within us and this constitutes the Serpent. The Nazarenes stated: ‘All of you shall be Gods, if you leave Egypt and cross the Red Sea.’

Dream Yoga - Six

...I remember one time, when I saw myself with a vision, seated on a rock on the shore of a river, and thinking with my fist under my chin and thinking with a very pensive attitude or posture. Behind me came to men dressed like the ancient times, like Hebrews, and they hit my back with their hands and asked me, "Are you Moses? Because we are looking for Moses."

And I said, "No, not that I know."

And then they asked me, "Do you belong to tribe of Judah?"

"Yeah," I said, "I am from the tribe of Judah"

"Then you are Moses!" Then they put a mantle on my back I stood and walked away from them. When I awoke in my physical body I said, "What? Moses?" Then of course, thank goodness, I talked with the Master Samael. I said, "Master, I have this experience, am I Moses?"

And the Master said, "No, you are not Moses! Moses is a Superman, and he is not fallen! You are fallen!"

"Then, I don't I understand."

Well, that was associated with different experiences.

Everybody inside has his own particular Moses, and we have to develop that Moses Sabaoth by gathering all the people of Israel, which are all those parts of the Being which are trapped within the ego, and which are under command of the Pharaoh, the intellect. But, people that know, because it is part of the consciousness, which are building pyramids, which means, are building something inside, the pyramid of thought (Manas, mind or the psychological man), the inner bodies. So, while you annihilate your ego, eventually, if you conquer all of the people of Israel, if you take all the parts of your Being out of Egypt, and you pass through the Red Sea to the Promised Land then you are becoming Moses Sabaoth. For that, you have to conquer Nahemah, which is related with the kingdom of Malkuth, but I cannot continue in telling you this because this is very complicated and extensive. It is related with Moses.

Anybody can develop their own inner Moses. But Moses also exists, he is a Master. One thing is to be the Master Moses, and another thing is to perform what Moses did, because each one of has to do it. We all have our own particular Jesus Christ inside of us. We have our own particular Elias inside of us, and this is why we have to learn the Christic Esotericism in order not to fall into mistakes. To think that because we have these experiences, that we are that… we have to experience, and experience and experience, and to be sure, that we are, really, that is what we are, in order to not to fall into mistakes and think many things.

Yeah, there is a relation with Jehovah, everybody is Jehovah inside. Like Buddha, of course, everybody has his own Buddha...

"And that's precisely Israel in Egypt that has to pass four ordeals, has to pass four great trials in order to make the perfect square, which will be precisely the perfect Man that will come from Egypt and who has to pass through the Red Sea."

To sum it up, the Red Sea symbolizes the ocean of passions that must be transmuted into Chastity.

Our Inner Moses has to part the Red Sea.

The sexual waters have to be utilized to the Initiates advantage, so that she or he can raise the Brazen Serpent upon the Tau Cross, instead of being consumed by the Tempting Serpent of Eden or the waters of the Red Sea.

The Pharaoh, in this case, represents the intellect in service of the ego and fornication.

(Of course there were actual Kemetian Adepts of White Tantrism(like Moses and the early Pharaohs), but remember that the Biblical story is symbolic)

When the Initiate conquers his or her Sexual Waters, he or she can then pass through the Red Sea of passions without getting consumed; but those same Sexual Waters need to be utilized(by transmuting them) in order to consume and kill the Pharaohs troops(the egos).

The lustful ones get swallowed up by their own sexual waters.

But the Chaste Initiate can utilize those same (transmuted)Waters to eliminate the lustful egos that she or he carries within.

The Kabbalistic symbolism related to all this is much more detailed.

However this is just one major aspect of it.

[edit on 23-8-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
So it looks like there was much more symbolism than I knew about...

But Did it comment in regards to the presence of hebrew slaves (or was it all symbolic, and not true?)
I ask due to the other recent work done, that showed it would have been impossible to have a slave force of the size, and place...

I will try to catch it the next time around

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I was just wondering what you all make of this part of Exodus

32:1 And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.

32:2 And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.

32:3 And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them unto Aaron.

32:4 And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

32:19 And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that he saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses' anger waxed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath the mount.

32:20 And he took the calf which they had made, and burnt it in the fire, and ground it to powder, and strawed it upon the water, and made the children of Israel drink of it.

32:21 And Moses said unto Aaron, What did this people unto thee, that thou hast brought so great a sin upon them? 32:22 And Aaron said, Let not the anger of my lord wax hot: thou knowest the people, that they are set on mischief.

32:23 For they said unto me, Make us gods, which shall go before us: for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.

32:24 And I said unto them, Whosoever hath any gold, let them break it off. So they gave it me: then I cast it into the fire, and there came out this calf.

32:25 And when Moses saw that the people were naked; (for Aaron had made them naked unto their shame among their enemies
32:26 Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the LORD's side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.

32:27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.

32:28 And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.

I have some info in my thread about monatomic gold... or white powder gold. ORME's Monatomic Elements..

But I was wondering (Since I'm on dialup and cannot watch neat videos right now) did they cover that section? or has no one made the connection of consuming gold powder? when we know we cannot 'burn' gold.. (it simply melts)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join