It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of ghost car being chased by police?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I don't know anymore than what's said in the description, but maybe someone can tell me where this is from or any other source for it?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
i dont think theres anything to read into here, just ghost in the name of the clip. your really trying to go out on a limb with this one, i dont think its worth it.

keep moving people, nothing to see here.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
You don't see the car go through the fence?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
its clear to me that the cop doesn't take the same path as that car. you dont even see the car go through the fence except for the smallest little bit of ambient light out of focus. its just a play on your eyes, that cop didn't line up with the break in the fence.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
See i am confused by this, i cant decide either way. I think bokinsmowl has a great point and that could be the end of it. Then again it does seem that the car did go through the fence.

I would love to hear the witness testimonies of the two police officers. I am assuming the passenger would have had to have been keeping an eye on the car at all times, while the driver drove.

I think it could be a simple explanation but it still warrants a bit of investigation IMO. I have posted this video on my forum, in the hope that someone there might know some more info(we are more paranormal based), plus any help if good right?

Good find all in all, thanks

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
You don't see the car go through the fence?

You mean through the missing section of fence?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Why wouldn't the police car follow it?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Wasn't there any plates to trace (can't see one for sure because of the glare) and why did they try to pull it over in the first place? Problem is there's more to the video than the narrator tells us, or what we can see in the video.

At one stage the narrator says that the car "disappears" and then "appears" out of nowhere, but the video were clearly edited between the "disappearance" and "re-appearance". And you can clearly see the taillights at the stage when it’s supposed to have "disappeared".

In my opinion it's an interesting illusion, my like bokinsmowl suggests it happens.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
As gemwolf said its clearly been edited at the first dissapearance.. if u watch the timer on the left it jumps from 23:35:35 to 23:36:44.. not to mention if u keep ur eye on the timer it suddenly speeds up.. so whats that all about?

not that that explains the fence part..

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Sure is an interesting vid,

Good find Nventual

gosh I would love to think this really happened,but I guess we do have to look at all areas of this,

1 the time speeding up,
2, the possibility of a missing fence panel,

and 3, that this could be an unexplained occurrence,

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The time speeding up is to go from one part of the video to the next part without cutting it in half, so that you get an idea of where the car drove to. It saves watching 3 minutes of video when it's sped up to 1.5 minutes, etc.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
seriously... that was one of the COOLEST things ive ever seen... nice find

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Dude you can see the car went UNDER the fence.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Would someone be able to ring Garden City PD and ask them about it?
www.nypba.org...
I can't because I'm in Australia.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMa9eD
Dude you can see the car went UNDER the fence.

Yeah I agree, looks to me like he hit the backside of the fence with enough force to lift the fence and slip underneath it. Either the metal bands that hold the fence to the fence posts were broken, or they broke with the force of the car, yet the fence returned to looking upright after he goes through it. Kind of like a dog Door swings open, the dog passes through and then it falls back into place. It appears to me that the fence is still swinging after the police officer stops at it, or it could be an illusion from the poor video and car movement.

[edit on 8/18/2006 by defcon5]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Sure the car went through the fence,....well,.... under the fence.

That's an old trick, clip the wires holding the fence to the bottom of the poles for 5 or 6 sections so it's only attatched at the top horizontal pole so it's like a flapper.

The driver of the car had this pre-planned as part of the escape.

I can almost guarantee that if the cops got out and examined the fence, they would have found the bottom attatchment wires clipped and white or whatever color paint left on the fence from the fleeing car.

The car fit under the top horizontal pole and pushed the mesh up as it went "through" the fence but between the commotion, lack of light, and dust in the air you can't see the fence "flap" back into normal position.

"hocus pocus,..... ghost car"

There's more to this story that has been conveniently left out.

Later,.... Ausable_Bill

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I ssen this on tv the other day and I pused it watched frame by frame and did not see any missing fence and the fence was not swinging or moving like a car just drove threw it.I wacthed it about 10 times ,my wife got kind of spooked thow

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Thats Pretty Cool, and the Video is not faked if they want it to appear as the Camera infront the Police Car.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Ausable bill... i had that idea too i just left it out, like the next guy says we dont see no fence moving like a car just went blazing thru it?

Or maybe that explains the weird editing of the timer?
if the car slowed down to a crawl thru the fence....

hmmm...... maybe the feds all made it up together eh? bit of fun for the internet freaks..

good 1! shudve removed the timer altogether tho.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bokinsmowl
its clear to me that the cop doesn't take the same path as that car. you dont even see the car go through the fence except for the smallest little bit of ambient light out of focus. its just a play on your eyes, that cop didn't line up with the break in the fence.

The camera is fixed into centre of the car- it does not move with the action. So when the getaway driver turns left he will go out of picture until the police car is squared with the get away car.

It really does seem quite strange, BUT I can't help think it any more than a joke. Such a report surely would have made news headlines- even in local news reports, which generally would have been picked up by even larger companies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join