It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the bus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
hello
i was wondering if anyone had any information about the bus that leavs area 51.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
yea i've heard of it, i think it's said that it shuttles workers to and from town. do you know if it comes through the main gate, or a different exit?

jakob

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Yep....its leaving pretty soon....better hurry!

Here take my pass.....I don't need it anymore.

Sorry...couldn't resist!

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
gotta admit that was kinda funny

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The infamous "White Bus" - www.dreamlandresort.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
cool picture, whats your take on it Simon?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Take on what? (Sorry if this sounds stupid)

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
sorry haha, i mean like whats your take on that bus, do you think its a shuttle, or what?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Its well known that the bus shuttles workers within the local area to Groom Lake. The majority of workers fly in by Janets from McCarren though.

You could have just read the link Simone gave you!

[edit on 6/8/06 by gfad]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
oops sorry didn't see that, yea thats what i initailly figured anyways. :]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
So,there really is a bus! I always wrote that off a another "Lazar Tale" not to be taken seriously.

If there really is a bus "touring" the test site, that would suggest that some of the facilities out there don't have airstips. If true, this poses some intresting questions about what goes on there.

Tim

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
No it doesnt. It doesnt show anything about lack of airstrips it just shows the availability of roads!!

We know that Area 51 has a runway but the bus still takes people there. Soemtimes its not economical to fly everywhere ... like if you only live 10-20 miles from the front gate.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gfad
No it doesnt. It doesnt show anything about lack of airstrips it just shows the availability of roads!!

There's a road called Groom Lake road that leads straigt to the base in Area 51. However, it's a proven fact that boeing 737's using the Call Sign JANET fly workers to and from Groom Lake.

If they can fly people right to the base they work at from McCarren in Las Vegas, why use the bus?

It makes no sense to have poeple stop and change from a plane to a bus to get to work, if the plane can drop them off a few yards from the building they work in. That would cost more and take up extar time to have ground shuttles running between all the different areas of the test site.

Tim

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It's a 2 hour drive from Vegas to Area 51. Ten minutes from Rachel.

Vegas is traffic hell. Second highest auto theft rate in the USA. Houses "in the low millions" are bargains. An hour wait to get into a restaurant on weekends, way out in the suburbs.

You can live in Rachel for about $300 a month. Crime? Traffic? Lines? Wha choo talking about?

The bus gives people who prefer rural living a way in and out.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
you can always buy a bus that looks like that, get a fake licence plate, and drive through the gates,

I, however will not try, ill be at area 51 though to tape the massive explosion of the fake bus by an ICBM lol

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
There's a road called Groom Lake road that leads straigt to the base in Area 51. However, it's a proven fact that boeing 737's using the Call Sign JANET fly workers to and from Groom Lake.

If they can fly people right to the base they work at from McCarren in Las Vegas, why use the bus?

It makes no sense to have poeple stop and change from a plane to a bus to get to work, if the plane can drop them off a few yards from the building they work in. That would cost more and take up extar time to have ground shuttles running between all the different areas of the test site.

I know all this but the bus picks up workers who live in Alamo, Rachel and Tonopah (i think). These are all in the local area of Groom Lake so it makes nore sense to drive them in.

Are you suggesting that the workers that live in Rachel should drive to vegas and get on a JANET?

You said "If there really is a bus "touring" the test site, that would suggest that some of the facilities out there don't have airstips." and I was just pointing out that thats a bit of an illogical jump since we know Groom Lake has a runway but the bus still takes people there.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a snide observation

" if they have underground bases and secret tunells connecting them .... why the heck do they need a bus for overland transport ? "

just a thought

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The 'Underground bases' are just rumours. Nothing special going on there. As gfad said, They use the Bus to transport workers who live near the Area, Like Rachel etc. And they use the JANET's for workers who live a longer distance away from the facility.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Plus they aren't going to make an Underground tunnel and a Super Underground Shuttle Station just for like 4 people that live in Rachel...this time the goverment didn't waste the taxpayers money in this case and just got an old bus and ship them the old fashion way.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeH PwNeR
you can always buy a bus that looks like that, get a fake licence plate, and drive through the gates,

I, however will not try, ill be at area 51 though to tape the massive explosion of the fake bus by an ICBM lol

Or, follow the bus, wait till someone gets out and smack him on the head, steal his ID and stuff, then get on the bus the next morning ready for your first day in your new job

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join