It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think we should be able to host program downloads on ATS. Only free ones/trials. That would be cool.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiConspirator

I know for a fact that ATS does NOT (officially) and will probably never recommend or provide links to any third party software.

Been there, tried that.

The risks involved for ATS just aren't worth it. One hacked virus ridden program and the SHTFan!

[edit on 24/5/2009 by nerbot]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Out of curiosity what happened to the "Recently flagged posts" in the member profile page? That was a really useful way of locating things I had flagged that were old and didn't show up in the myATS page.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I would like to see code to have rotating avatars. If we are going to be required to host our avatars on here, it would be nice to have that feature. I for one can't stand just having one avatar in the mix.

My avatar was hosted on another site and I was able to have 200 different pictures that would change as the page refreshed. I don't know code so I don't know how hard it would be to integrate into the boards but I have seen it and it is possible.

I just miss my rotating avatars.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I'd like to see a new category for various kinds of thought experiments such as the one recently posted by Pharoahmoan regarding UFO sightings.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Could we have a mobile app feed such as for iPods? It takes forever to read ATS threads on my iPod because they take a long time to load. It would be great if we could have a mobile app with a feed for iPod (or other mobile devices) such as the news sites have. I would pay for the app!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Is there anyway this thread can be restarted? Its WAY too long to go through when you have an issue. I have noticed many threads are closed and directed here but it is a pain to go through hundreds of posts to possibly find an answer...Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Any mod think this thread should start over? I know I'm complaining but I had some questions and I always get referred to this thread and it is a pain to go through all the pages and posts. This thread is like 5 years old. Cant we start a new one so people can see everyones questions and then the replies? I am sorry to complain but I still havent found the answers in this thread I was looking for. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think that, if a thread has pages and pages of posts, it may not be the best thing to close it, even if there is another thread that is similar.

So, maybe a rule to could established that is a thread gets a certain number of posts, it can't be closed?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonGray

Any chance of adding a job posting section of sorts? I do admit I am just looking for a free site to post jobs to. There may be some quality candidates on this site who may be looking for a new job.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I would like to just have to sign in one time to access all of ATS, BTS and the Media portal, other than that, im good. I just wish i knew how to score some flags,

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

The logging in problem has to do with your setting for the browser you use accepting cookies. If you lower that setting, you should be able to log in all at once.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
As per my usual high maintenanceneshisness, I have a trivial request ...

Would it be possible to integrate the color of the "flag contribution level" bar thingie to match the color choice in the "Custom mini-profile text color" purchase option at the ATS store?

That way we can have the option to have colors other than the blue which would then match the rest of the avatar text.

I know everyone is busy so I don't mind waiting till Monday.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

The posters that score the most flags write outlandish incredulous threads. I believe it's all in the title of the thread.

If you have the most articulate thread in the world, and it has a terrible title, it will sink to the bottom of the page never to be seen again.

On the other hand, if you have an awesome title, the thread itself could be complete trash and people will still reply and flag in droves.

I don't want to point out a few posters for doing this, but just give a read to the main page and see what threads garner the most flags. Look how awesome the thread title is and see how mediocre the content is and you will get my point.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
What I would love to see is a history forum.

There is a lot of conspiracy in history. That history brought us were we are today.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
The posters that score the most flags write outlandish incredulous threads. I believe it's all in the title of the thread.

If you have the most articulate thread in the world, and it has a terrible title, it will sink to the bottom of the page never to be seen again.

On the other hand, if you have an awesome title, the thread itself could be complete trash and people will still reply and flag in droves.

There is a lot of really good information and discussion on ATS. Unfortunately the front page often looks like a row of tabloid papers screaming outrageous headlines to capture attention.

Were there a way of encouraging and rewarding quality the way extremity does, it would benefit everyone.

Mike

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'd like to see a "flag for more information" option, since a lot of threads can include posts that may make a strong statement, but still need more information to go with it.

Sure, you could use a u2u, but this would make it anonymous instead, and could be voted on by members.
Dunno if it'd be worthwhile or not, personally I've noticed a few thereads where I've made a post, and only remember to check back a few weeks or so later, after having been asked for more information.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
i think there needs to be a "go to last page" botton on threads. especially on the "Big Threads" that have hundreds to thousands of replies.
And something that can be used on this website to make avatars, or atleast an avatar forum.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiConspirator

The little arrow thing - >> next to the page numbers brings you to the last page.

And here's an avatar forum

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
wow didnt even notice the arrows did that. thanks so much. its gonna save alot of time.

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join