It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Related post Here with feedback

I have a question then a suggestion.
I don't know where this will go, if anywhere at all, but here we go...

Many of us are aware of The Great Game that is being played out by the global powers in their struggle to control central Asia. We are finding it hard to go from one type of board to another trying to keep all the pieces together. For example I posted this thread just today and it was removed from "Breaking news" To "War on terror" Even though it really isn't a war on terror as many of us see it, but more along the lines of chess pieces being moved around.

Question- Will there be a board topic for this growing reality in our near future?

Suggestion- It is becoming blatantly obvious of the global powers vying for position in central Asia. This will be a new arena in the near future, in our collective opinion. We should be cutting edge and have a board on this topic alone.

Thanks for letting me post this.

Slay

P.S.

I'm not at all upset about my earlier post being moved. I understand and respect the present reasoning behind it.

For the less familiar with the region

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d54f5ff0968c.jpg[/atsimg]

Maybe this will help others understand who is involved and whats at stake.
If you notice whats happening then you'll understand why all the chess pieces are being moved around and who is involved.

Thanks Skyfloating for suggesting reposting it here.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hi Amigos,

I would like to see Subject Matter Experts for BelowTopSecret.com topics. I have created a thread regarding this topic here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks a lot,

Scooby Doo

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Speaking of BTS ...

May I humbly request to get the ability to star posts back?

It would be nice to be able to recognize quality contributions once more.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonGray

Too much grey & darker grey on the site.... a bit of colour wouldn't go amiss.... hint hint

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
[edit on 11-7-2009 by DevolutionEvolvd]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I would like to see a Rant and Rave Room for people who hate. There is so much hatred going on in this world and perhaps one room could possibly contain it on this site. Hatred for Gays and Lesbians is an example or hatred for whatever. I only know Im tired of see the hatred in every site I view. I value all opinions but blatent insults and mud slinging ruins this site. Thanks. the newby known as Magantice

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Greetings Staff of ATS...

I have one thing I would like to see in the near future.. Prehaps a notification when someone adds me on their friends list.. or the other way around..

If someone hits Friend button to put me on their list.. I would like to get a U2 in my mail box telling me who added me as a friend..

That would be very helpful!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also Im curious.. Why did the point system change? like I see flag contribution level where the points use to be..

If you have the time.. I wonder.. Why where those changes made..
And what can we look forward to in the future upon changes in that realm?

Thanks for your time!
Zy5

[edit on 11-7-2009 by zysin5]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I would like to see the mods take the manners and decorum a bit more seriously. I have a real problem with the avatar of The Associate. Like or hate Obama there is no reason that the picture of an innocent 16 year-olds behind should be plastered all over the pages of ATS. After all this is a family website, is it not? My 14 year old son has had this site blocked on his computer because I am afraid if you let this go, then you will let other inappropriate content slip through as well.

So in the future I would like to see some smarter moderation.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I would like to see a new board topic for Psychokinesis and Telepathy specific for those who are tired of looking through all the threads in the metaphysics topic. It will attract alot of other readers to become a member, since it is an interesting topic.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I think that there needs to be more done with the flagging system. I am not referring to any of my threads. I have seen some well researched threads posted that slipped through the cracks so to speak, threads that you could tell a lot of time and thought actually went into the composition. Compare that to someone posting a youtube video and saying "look what I found", and it gets hundreds of flags... Doesn't seem fair to me and I am sure it doesn't seem fair to those who create the well researched and documented threads...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
lift the zero tolerance policy concerning drug related topics. zero tolerance is just that. it in no way promotes the denial of ignorance.

how 'bout a "drug war" forum? with plenty of disclaimers and CYA policy.

allow adults to use adult language and engage in adult conversation.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

The problem with the flag and the star systems is in the ATS members that use it in a way that is not the one for which they were created.

I have seen people say that they flag a thread to make it appear on the first page, so they do not have to look for it. In those cases they should subscribe the thread, not flag it.

Also, both systems suffer from the side effects of popularity, a good (or even excellent) post or thread may be ignored while a more populist theme (usually UFO related) gets many flags and many stars.

Considering the previous methods, I think this is still the best one, unless someone has a new idea.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I see. Thank you for explaining that to me. I hadn't thought of that. It makes perfect sense.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
IDEA: Can we maybe have a code to disable flood control for members that have reached a certain level, like maybe silver or gold? Or base it on applauses or something. Because I get a decent bit of u2us most the time and the flood control kills me. Just a thought, thanks.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I have to agree. I am recieving quite a few u2u's and the flood control just kills me waiting. It would be nice to not have to wait all the time. Perhaps going on Applauses and being at least a Bronze or Silver content member?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
How about an audio board? Not wide open but maybe one that members could post an audio post or start a thread with an audio opening then followed with the usual typed post and maybe one or two users could be selected to post an audio reply.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

That would be cool! Actually, I really like that idea, but how would you accomodate the deaf members? Perhaps haveing a transcript as well?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Sure why not both...that way no one misses out.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by DJMSN]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Another conspiracy site (I will not mention but most prolly will know which one) has voice and video chat, not a thread based one though. I guess you could embed a media video for a opening already though.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
**LOOK**Suggestion for better user experience!**LOOK**

I wanted to bring something up for discussion pertaining to important topics that sometimes go unnoticed. I'm sure everyone has created a thread that they thought was ignored, or unnoticed. Recently I authored a thread that attracted two moderators applause, yet very little debate? This gave me an idea that I'd like to run by everyone, especially the moderators, to see what you all think?

There can be a lot of effort put into a thread, or it may be only a question, but to the author it is sometimes felt to be of great importance. A topic that one feels truly needs debating, yet they watch it slowly die before ever catching a spark. Now I know many of you have experienced this and know exactly what I'm talking about, so here is what I'm suggesting.

Of course, everyone thinks their thread is of the utmost importance and deserves discussion, so we have to be realistic. What I was thinking is that any thread that a moderator feels deserving of applause could maybe get it's own special place somewhere on ATS? A page of miscellaneous threads, of all topics, where mods could place the applauded threads for further exposure? Kind of like thread limbo, the second chance page for neglected, but quality threads!

I realize this places an added workload on our likely already overworked moderators. The payoff, however, is a quality thread safety net providing added substance. It would also be a useful tool for what ATS is all about, quality discussion and information! Maybe ATS will consider this idea and even develop an easy way for the staff to achieve something like this?

I for one would enjoy browsing a page dedicated to applauded threads! I'm sure we all miss many interesting threads due to them getting buried. I really think this could significantly add to the quality of the site, how about you? If so, please show your support here and also any suggestions to the general idea.

Peace.

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join