It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible new Board Topic?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I have a question then a suggestion.
I don't know where this will go, if anywhere at all, but here we go...

Many of us are aware of The Great Game that is being played out by the global powers in their struggle to control central Asia. We are finding it hard to go from one type of board to another trying to keep all the pieces together. For example I posted this thread just today and it was removed from "Breaking news" To "War on terror" Even though it really isn't a war on terror as many of us see it, but more along the lines of chess pieces being moved around.

Question- Will there be a board topic for this growing reality in our near future?

Suggestion- It is becoming blatantly obvious of the global powers vying for position in central Asia. This will be a new arena in the near future, in our collective opinion. We should be cutting edge and have a board on this topic alone.

Thanks for letting me post this.

Slay

P.S.

I'm not at all upset about my earlier post being moved. I understand and respect the present reasoning behind it.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well Slayer, I read that thread, and I do think there is a need for a new board which would perhaps be entitle "The Great Game " to quote you or perhaps just one on Military movements and rhetoric change.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes, I agree this New Great Game is some powerful power struggle that demands its own board. Its so vast that one thread will not be able to conatin it. The topics relating to the Great Game are bound to be spread all over and not centralized. I have taken part with Slayer to show some of the Great Game standards and I am pretty sure I agree with Slay here.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Perhaps there could be a section were threads relating to Middle East or Central Asia or Eastern Europe could have their own particular place. As you mentioned there is a card shuffle being handed across the world, what's going on in Iran or Afghanistan will affect what is going on in N. Korea and Pakistan, the disturbing factor is we have not even seen or heard China and Russia officially moving their might around.

So i do think this can work although it needs to be refined more and obviously should be taken into consideration. Either way its obvious that Middle East, Central Asia and Eastern Europe are the hot spots and i just cannot see it going away until something gives or someone cracks.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Good idea to collect all the info on "the great game" into one thread. If we don't have to run all over to ferret it out, the patterns, and moves, would probably become more apparent, far more quickly.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Flagged, I think it would be something we could make great use of.
Having a Board made specifically for the project over the New Great Game would help us exponentially on keeping track of the data.
We want to Deny Ignorance so we need a place where we can give people the ability to look at the big picture of things free and away from the biased view of a particular nation, creed, alliance, etc.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I think it's a great idea to have a New Great Game forum to keep the highly conspiratory and sometimes highly theoretical subject matter centralized to those people like myself who have enjoyed participating in the New Great Game thread.

It's been a great thread for conspiracy theories as Slayer has done a great job in keeping personal politics of all kind out of it and giving everyone and anyone a platform free of condemning scrutiny to just post their theories about the Great Game in a positive way.

No one is correct or incorrect on the thread when it comes to sharing their oppinions, theories and a huge variety of information from tons of different sources that all have some relevance on the overall picture of the New Great Game.

Simply put it's the kind of thread that makes posting and reading, sharing and learning on ATS the best place on the Internet.

It's a great thread Slayer, a great overall Topic and I think it can only improve be giving it it's own forum.

It might take a while for people not familiar with what the Great Game is about to understand why the Forum is there and to post on it, but for those who already enjoy the subject matter it would be a great way not to confuse those who don't understand or appreciate the subject matter by not having to make it fit into other places where it might not really fit.

That's my two cents which adjusted for inflation comes out to 9,632,165.13 cents payable in gold bullion only please!

Thanks

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Possibly a board titled Global Conflicts ?

That way it would be much wider than the (getting old now) mid-east.

I am just throwing stuff out there. Although I am sure it will be a while before anything is done. The staff is obviously extremely busy right now. But I agree it would be a good board, and it would extend the already broad spectrum of ATS domains.

[edit on 6/23/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

For the less familiar with the region

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d54f5ff0968c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Before I read any other (related) thread to "The Great Game" I would like to fully suppoort Slayer's suggestion.

Outstanding work once again Slayer.

True to the game.

*ahem* MODs! holla!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

It seems like 'the great game' falls under the heading of NWO, hence why not just put all the 'great game' threads in the
NWO forum ?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I have grown more and more weary of the phrase "War on Terror" since its abuse and misuse by the previous Administration's various flunkies.

Seems it cheapens the very word, 'war'. Of course, it is just another example of using hyperbole to stir or direct public opinion.

I could certainly see a more up-to-date subject title to better reflect the changes we are seeing. AND to accomodate the threads that address the topic.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by visible_villain
It seems like 'the great game' falls under the heading of NWO, hence why not just put all the 'great game' threads in the
NWO forum ?

I'm not entirely convinced that would fall under the NWO.
That implies a single entity calling all the shots. This is the struggle between opposing forces for control of world influences. The new multipolar world so to speak.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
good point and keen eye slayer!!!!!!!!!

there is a chess game,,,,,,!!!!!!!!

there are some players at work,,,,!!

so much stupid dis-info/con's we are up against.....

glad your common scense rules!!!!

your an umpire,,,,you call the shots realistcly!!!!!!!

some of the lack of common scense around here taste like under cooked white castle hamburgers!!!!!!!

tripple huggs!!!!!!!!!

amy

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I agree, information needs to be kept more organized, willy nilly random post all over the place really doesn't help keep things in perspective and reach conclusions.

So many good topics die a slow death without follow up then when new information surfaces., we just start a new topic instead of adding the puzzle pieces together.

We need to fill in the blanks and tell a full story that is not fragmented, and confusing.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Maybe this will help others understand who is involved and whats at stake.
Hopefully the mods can do the slide view deal I see on other posts it's rather large. If you notice whats happening then you'll understand why all the chess pieces are being moved around and who is involved.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

thiss a collaberation/joint venture......!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I do personally believe in this venture as we have a major need for something like this. There aren't very many places on the internet that you can find projects like this where ordinary individuals are working to sift through the poo and pick out the good stuff to put up the big idea for everyone to see. Many politicians and world leaders are undoubtedly aware of these moves but the average individual is almost clueless, so we can make use of this to bring it down to earth for the average joe to see.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

There have been many great replies so far with many great reasons I wish I could star but that's not available on a thread of this nature

So

STAR!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The Great Game

Catchy title that and appropriate

I would say it would be a great idea... a slightly different slant on things

It sure is a game...

We support Saddam Hussein (Regan) then we take him out, bomb Iraq into the stone age and send in Haliburton to rebuild

Anyone see that tape were a very sad Saddam says "Regan was my friend?"

We looked for WMD's We 'knew' he had them because we sold them to him

We support the Taliban when they were fighting Russia... now we chase them around Afghanistan and Russia says "See we told you so"

They announce they are blasting the poppy fields to smitherines to curtail the opium trade that funds the terrorists, but has anyone looked at a map? The region they are 'cleansing' and the region that grows the poppies?
not even close

Shaw of Iran, remember him?

Noriega and the Iran Contra affair?

So ermmm can we make an ATS board game to go along with this? Something like monopoly?

[edit on 23-6-2009 by zorgon]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join