It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valerie Plame Sues Libby, Rove, and Cheney

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
At a time when Special Counsel Patrick J. Fitzgerald has declared that Karl Rove will not be indicted upon charges of leaking classified information, and preparations are being made for the trial of Lewis "Scooter" Libby, the outed agent Valerie Plame and her husband have filed suit in the U.S. District Court against Libby, Rove, and Vice-President Dick Cheney for revealing her name as an agent, thus destroying her career. Mrs. Plame's husband is widely known for disputing the claim that Nigeria was involved in transactions with Saddam Hussein dealing with yellowcake, a substance that would have facilitated the creation of nuclear weapons. Also believed by some is the idea that Mrs. Plame's outing directly corresponded with Mr. Plame's vocal oppostition to the Nigerian connection.

www.msnbc.msn.com
WASHINGTON - The CIA officer whose identity was leaked to reporters sued Vice President Dick Cheney, his former top aide and presidential adviser Karl Rove on Thursday, accusing them and other White House officials of conspiring to destroy her career.

In a lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court, Valerie Plame and her husband, Joseph Wilson, a former U.S. ambassador, accused Cheney, Rove and I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby of revealing Plame’s CIA identity in seeking revenge against Wilson for criticizing the Bush administration’s motives in Iraq.

Several news organizations wrote about Plame after syndicated columnist Robert Novak named her in a column on July 14, 2003. Novak’s column appeared eight days after Wilson alleged in an opinion piece in The New York Times that the administration had twisted prewar intelligence on Iraq to justify going to war.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well, I think this is about time! This will hopefully allow more light to be shed for the general public on exactly what was going on with this whole mess. There have been arguments that everyone knew who Plame was already in Washington D.C., but that is still an argument, and not written in stone as fact. Also, the standards and ethics of behavior would hopefully have been higher for people that are in the administration, compared to normal folks inside the beltway!

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 7/13/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Mrs. Plame is widely known as the agent that was in Nigeria researching the intelligence information that had shown Saddam Hussein, former president of Iraq, to be buying yellow cake for the use of nuclear weapons.

Actually it was her husband that went to Nigeria and subsequently shot down the yellow cake story. Still, good find. This should get interesting in a hurry.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Actually it was her husband that went to Nigeria and subsequently shot down the yellow cake story. Still, good find. This should get interesting in a hurry.

In the midst of trying to be the first to get the article out, I was typing faster than my mind was working. Thanks MrWupy! Fixed now. I appreciate you catching that big error. Talk about a messed up story that would have created!

df1

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
If our system of civil laws was good enough for OJ, it is certainly good enough for Dick, Karl and Scooter. I do hope that the same rules of evidence will be applied in this case. However I am pretty sure the defendants will get the government to claim "national security". Dick has friends in high places, so he wont have to hold a gun to anyones head.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Hey they have money and a looooot of it, specially Cheney he can pay for all of them together

This one is one to watch for sure.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I hate to sound like a stickler on a thread I created, but I approached this with a bit of apprehension because I know that there is a lot of work going on, especially work by Majic, to get the politics out of ATS. Please don't put political barbs against anyone in the US administration here, I linked a thread I started in PTS for this purpose. Let's just discuss the conspiracy of the leak, and leave the political part for PTS. I don't want to sound mean about this, but I would rather see this thread closed than undermine the efforts of the admin in ridding politics from this particular forum.

On to the subject, will this help prove that there was indeed a conspiracy to discredit Mr. Plame by outing his wife? Civil is of course different from criminal court, and Rove has been taken out of the indictment spectrum, but that does not mean a conspiracy can still be in place.

*Edit, this was more or less, just general, no intention to attack or otherwise offend anyone that has responded.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
come on now people it ain't over yet, Porkrind rolled on Chenney, lets not forget sealed Vs sealed is yet to come ,

[edit on 13/7/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

On to the subject, will this help prove that there was indeed a conspiracy to discredit Mr. Plame by outing his wife?

I hate to sound like i'm nitpicking but there is no Mr. Plame.

Valerie Plame is married to Joseph Wilson. She kept her maiden name because she was CIA and he was at one time an Ambassadore for the United States.

Call me a weenie if you must but i'm just trying to keep the story straight

wupy

df1

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Let's just discuss the conspiracy of the leak, and leave the political part for PTS.

With all due respect. We have an elephant standing in our livingroom and you expect nobody to talk about the elephant. Plame's outing was nothing other than a conspiratorial abuse of political power which involves members of the current administration.

[edit on 13-7-2006 by df1]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

Let's just discuss the conspiracy of the leak, and leave the political part for PTS.

With all due respect. We have an elephant standing in our livingroom and you expect nobody to talk about the elephant. Plame's outing was nothing other than a conspiratorial abuse of political power which involves members of the current administration.

[edit on 13-7-2006 by df1]

Indeed, there is an elephant in the room, I think that is most obvious. However, as I stated, I was not directing any comment at anyone. We still have "Conspiracies in Politics" section don't we? So why would I expect zero political discussion? All I was trying to point out is that this thread has an extremely high potential for plummeting into "I hate so and so, so and so's a crook" talk. Just trying to set "mood lighting" for the thread. I would be the last to try to limit your's or anyone elses speech as you have already contributed to this thread and I appreciate that.

No offense taken at all, and none meant.

*Edit - Alas, I feel as though I have hijacked my own thread
I will stick to the subject for now on.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I'm really looking forward to Cheney being forced to testify under oath.

If it's his ass or Rove's under threat of perjury, he's facing double jeopardy
for the administration.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
OMG.

Ms. Plame was not "outed", she was not an undercover agent. The only reason they are suing the VPOTUS is so that Plame & Wilson will still be in the news which they love.

Their is no merit to their case, because:

a. Plame was not "outed".
b. No harm came to Plame.

This is nothing, and is not important in the least.

-- Boat

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Boat, when you come on and make statements like that, can you at least provide some credible sources to back your claim? Last I checked, even Fox News stated that she was an UC agent.

So please, when you have a moment?

Also, BTW, the way ATSNN works, is that the membership has the opportunity to vote for this story to leave submission. On top of that, I doubt the 3 Amigos would be allowing false news to show up in their "News Network."

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
1) Valerie PLame was undercover CIA

2) brewster Jennings was the company valerie Plame managed, a front for the CIA.

3) brewster - jennings tracks nuclear weapons, and the material to make them

4) Brewster- jennings Knows Iran cannot have a nuclear bomb for at least 10 years, the White House eliminated Brewster Jennings, thus controlling info regarding iran and nuclear weapons.

I hope Valerie Plame and Joe Wilson get their day in court, and disclose to America the amount of damage this White House committed with their inept handling of policy, foreign and domestic

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
This entire case goes right to the very black heart of the bill of false goods that we were sold as the reasons we went to war. Wilson proved that Bush lied when he made the Niger/Iraq/yellowcake claims (in the state of the union address) were false and that the white house knew it, and as a result an attack campaign, a campaign style that the Bush white house specializes in, was launched against Wilson and his wife in retalitation.

I think this is great whether it has a snowballs chance in hell or not. It is high time that this criminal administration was forced to comply with the laws and be held responsible for their abuses.

I know that there are some on here who disbelieve that there is anything to this....but then there are those who believe that the earth is hollow or flat or that the moon is made of green cheese.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Plame WAS AN UNDERCOVER AGENT.

Nice job, Niteboy!!!!

For what its worth, its a step in the right direction.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Oh this case again? If she was "outed" why has the special Prosecutor investigating the case not charged anyone with outing her? Hmm… Their suit has little chance of going though, you’ll see, just wait.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I find it difficult to understand why anyone here could still defend the lies and deception
of this administration.

I can only assume that those doing so depend on this administration for their livelihood.

I do not wish to derail this thread with another endless battle of bickering, but it really bothers
me that anyone could be so blind to what is really going on.

df1

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Oh this case again? If she was "outed" why has the special Prosecutor investigating the case not charged anyone with outing her?

The same reason that OJ walked in his criminal case, the prosecutor didnt have enough evidence to convict. In this case it is because the evidence has been classified.

Their suit has little chance of going though, you’ll see, just wait.

That will be no surprise. The administration will cite national security and screw plame over a second time.

IMHO criminals should not be able to use national security to shield their crimes.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1
The same reason that OJ walked in his criminal case, the prosecutor didnt have enough evidence to convict. In this case it is because the evidence has been classified.

Oh Really? He actually has access to classified material and he has more information than all of us combined. Now, if that is not enough information for a special Prosecutor to convict someone do you think it could be because no one "outed" her? Or do you have something that Patrick Fitzgerald doesn’t have?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join