It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Werewolves?? Real? Myth??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I have also wondered bout werewolves if they are real or not?

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Ok I'll bite. Not sure, but prolly myth. Where would they live? How would they act? Too many small details that would point to the fact that I do not believe that they exist.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   
werewolves were just plps who had rabies and were kraaazy

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
yeah werewolves exist. They are very rare though.

You will only become a werewolf if you have the curse.
Symptoms of the curse include a five point star that can be seen on your palm, loss o memory for extended periods of time, heightened sense of smell and hearing, elongated teeth, a thirst for raw meat/blood, monobrow and extensive hairyness aka hypertrichosis.

[edit on 8-7-2006 by surrender_dorothy]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I would say with 100% rationality, that it is ridiculous to truly belive that warewolves exist. Remeber these are creatures created out of myth, much like the centuarians or vampires.
It isnt logical for them to exist.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
i would say real .. but they are hidden within the goverment system.. i still wonder what the government is hidding underground. especially level 5 and over.. werewolves or a creature like it must have existed because where else would people get the idea they saw a werewolf.. i dont think i am making sense but i think you get the picture.. although there has never been a carcuss found i have to say in some form yes they do .. ladybren

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
i dont beleive in the werewolf as a person changing into one but a bipedal wolf type creature that found some way to survive the ice age i dont know but i could just imagine a pack of werewolves hunting down an adult mammoth lol

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr cryptoman
i dont beleive in the werewolf as a person changing into one but a bipedal wolf type creature that found some way to survive the ice age i dont know but i could just imagine a pack of werewolves hunting down an adult mammoth lol

Yeah that would be cool. Werewolves are ace!

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I think that the belief in werewolves is a waste of time.
This is a creature that is based on stories, probably started in times where people feared everything.. like witches, these days everyone know that witches don't exist (except for those wacky goths) and the same should go for any other creature that was created by mothers in the middle-ages telling their children not to go outside in the evenings because a big hairy werewolf might eat them...

i would say real .. but they are hidden within the goverment system.. i still wonder what the government is hidding underground. especially level 5 and over.. werewolves or a creature like it must have existed because where else would people get the idea they saw a werewolf.. i dont think i am making sense but i think you get the picture.. although there has never been a carcuss found i have to say in some form yes they do .. ladybren
- by labybren

Dude, what are you talking about? Why do you (and many other people) blame your government everytime you have nothing of a more reasonable explanation?

Sure the US gov. is doing things that are to be called suspisious at the least, but they don't involve werewolves. The whole 9/11 conspiracy makes perfect sense to me, but this...

werewolves or a creature like it must have existed because where else would people get the idea they saw a werewolf..

Well, how about they didn't see a wolve at all, a lot of people want to see werewolves (but also UFO's, bigfoot) so badly that everything strange they see in the bushes becomes a werewolf.

Y'all take care now...

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Dude, what are you talking about? Why do you (and many other people) blame your government everytime you have nothing of a more reasonable explanation?

I'm under the impression that the Government created a time machine with technology given to them by shape-shifting lizard people from another dimension and went back to medieval times to impersonate werewolves as a means of scaring uneducated peasants into following the catholic church which was led by the Illuminati and Dracula.

Seriously though, werewolves don't exist.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicotine1982
Seriously though, werewolves don't exist.

How do you know? I could be a werewolf for all you know. Maybe this story will change your mind.

One night last year. I was out in London(Werewolf of london) and getting a bit drunk. T'was a full moon. One of the brightest and largest I'd ever seen. It was yellow it was.
Well I had some drinks. Sure, I had alot of drinks but one thing I do know is that I had a blackout and when I woke up I was in a police cell. Explain that!

If I didn't turn into a werewolf, then how did I end up in a police cell?

[edit on 16-7-2006 by surrender_dorothy]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   

If I didn't turn into a werewolf, then how did I end up in a police cell?

Well, you convinced me!

I think thats one of my favorite posts! Very funny stuff. Thanks.

[edit on 16-7-2006 by Nicotine1982]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well. For all those who believe in werewolves. Can a werewolve be trapped inside a human body?

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
as ive said before in this thread just because the werewolf maybe real doesnt been that it was a shapeshifting person but some type of bipedal wolf like creature people in the middle ages beleived in crap like demons, fairies and goblins and a sighting of some bipedal wolf like creature would make them think it has to be some sort of demon because this was the days before evolution and eveyone thought the world was still full of demons and monsters lol

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
one of the most interesting theories I've read is that the werewolf myth was born out of the church, of all places, as a way of explaining savage murders back in the day or maybe even serial murderers well before that term was used.

the church, the theory goes, didn't want the people to feel the church couldn't protect them, so they fabricated a story that would bring evil into the equation, making the need for the church greater, not less

origins of the myth

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Well.... I don't actually belive in werewolves per say, (God I wish they were real though, I wouldn't mind being one, if they were like in the white wolf role playing game), but I belive there might have been people who could shapeshift their bodies into various living creatures. Do I have any proof of this? Absolutly not, but I do believe nontheless that there may have been shamans or mystics of the past from older civilizations then our own, druids maybe who knows that had the ability to alter their form. I think that if someone was able to achieve a high enough level of consciousness, and could control all fuctions of their body on a cellular or even molecular level that they may be able to reshape their DNA or alter their chromosomes to allow them to change shape. Is it probable maybe not, but possible I think so. I think that we will eventually discover through technology and science the ability to alter and control our atoms at will if the human race can survive long enough to see that day. This may sound silly to you that I believe this, but that's just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
um no. werewolves aren't real. come on, ask a real question.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by random hero
um no. werewolves aren't real. come on, ask a real question.

"even a man who's pure in heart
and say's his prayers by night,
can become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms
and the autumn moon is bright."
Curt Siodmak

I put forward the idea that was first discussed in Universal's "The Wolfman" 1941.
Perhaps the metamorphosis from human to wolf is a figment of the imagination but the change in the behaviour of the human actually occurs. In this case, the act of becoming a werewolf is actually a psychotic breakdown of some kind.

Am I explaining this properly?

In any case the same applies for women as explored in the quite good movie "Ginger Snaps". When it's that time of the month...

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
There have been cases, there was an one in Liverpool, England only during the late 80s and early 90s. It was very famous case. Plus, in Romania, Werewolves are still feared to this day...a lady was reported attacked by it (this was on a television program).

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
There have been cases, there was an one in Liverpool, England only during the late 80s and early 90s. It was very famous case. Plus, in Romania, Werewolves are still feared to this day...a lady was reported attacked by it (this was on a television program).

I imagine that Romania have many superstitions and superstitious folk...
...what's this about the Liverpool, England case? You didn't give any links or sources. And is it plausable or is it reminiscent of the famous "vampire" case in highgate or wherever. You know with that Sean Manchester dude? Know what I mean?

[edit on 28-7-2006 by surrender_dorothy]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join