It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever trapped in a dream?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Anybody ever get trapped in a dream, unable to wake?

I had an experience once where I had a semi-lucid dream, but when some freaky stuff started happening I tried to wake up.
When I woke up I looked around in my room and my TV was missing, realised I was still in my dream. Then all of a sudden this massive electric bolt went through my brain then I woke up. Tried to turn my lamp on and it wouldn't work, I then realised I was still in my dream. And then the electric bolt again (it was quite painful). This happened 4 times before I was actaully awake.
I found this really disturbing, not being able to willfully leave that dream. I didn't want to go back to sleep after that, but like the Homer I am I dropped out like a light.

Anybody know what that was all about?

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I can relate to this - sometimes dreams get me like the matrix - my wife will testify - one night i truly believed grays were in our room and she kids me about this all the time

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I've been trapped in dreams several times, once I thought I had awakened 3 times before I actually did. They were very lucid, and very strange things happened in them. They still perplex me to this day, as I wonder what my subconscious mind was trying to tell my conscious mind.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I have found there is little difference between the waking and sleeping states... there is only a small thin line.

I am trying to find away to cross over, to consciously exist in both places... it may sound crazy, but I think it may prove a very valuable asset.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Check out the sleep paralysis thread from a few weeks ago.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I hate when that happens, i know i am dreaming but just cannot wake up, then i start thinking am i awake or asleep
its really wierd, i sometimes even force my eyes open

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I hate when that happens. It feels like you are being held hostage. It does feel good when you finally break through.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It happens. I get trapped in sleep paralysis all the time, its such a strange feeling, I know if I move I will wake up but I cant.

PKD

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
i had that same experience many times. it wasn't a naturally occuring lucid dream though. it was cast upon me by some sort of handheld dreamcasting transmitter.

i remember hearing my car alarm being tripped at around 4 in morning. i got out of bed and looked out a window with the lights still off. i saw no one, yet heard very heavy foot steps. i was tired and had to awake for work in few hours so i decided to reset the alarm and go back to sleep. just as i was about to lay back down again, i heard the footsteps right outside of my window approaching closely. as soon as tried to look out the window, a very powerful urge soemhow took over my brain function and i stood still in fright. i felt this same electrical current charge that you had spoken of and was completely frozen. i awoke in my bed 3 hours later wondering what the hell had happened to me a few hours before. 3 nights later some very strange things began to occur, such as the entire house shaking, strange flying saucers floating overhead and so forth. somehow this akinesia is related to US Army intelligence
abductions and implantations through the usage of these dreamcast modules and flying saucers.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Iv had my Fair share of Sleeping Problems, check out my sleep paralysis thread aswell.
Iv had instances where im half awake and half dreaming, Im not sure the scientific term used to describe this, but its an odd experience.
Deep

xn

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I get this all the time. The dreams don't seem to end and if they don't end, I'm forced to stay asleep. One time I forced the dream to end. I sleep so long cuz of these dreams and I'm blamed for sleeping too long. I blame the dreams, I can't help it. Sometimes people in my dream know how I could escape the dream (by trying to call God) and they don't want me to do that. Whenever I do this, the dream usually ends shortly or I could force the dream to end.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
i remember one time when i was very young (maybe 6 years old), i was trapped in a dream. to begin with, i was in a large white room. at some point i realized i was dreaming and tried to wake up. i woke up (or so i thought) and it was morning. i walked around my house and eventually realized i was still dreaming. at that point, i was scared. i was screaming at the top of my lungs in my dream for someone to wake me up, but it didn't work. i woke up (for real) a few minutes later in tears, completely terrified. very scary experience, and i'm not really sure why.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I've had one dream where I knew I was dreaming, and I didn't wake up, I realised everything was in black and white and normally I dream in color.

I looked around and said in my dream, this IS a dream so I slapped myself and I felt it, but it was a really numb feeling like my face was asleep.

maybe 5 seconds later... or well thats what it seemed like I woke up.

This happened when I was about 9 yrs old.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It happens to me too sometimes, not often but i still does scar the # out of me before i wake up. Why does this never happen when i have nice dreams...i mean the really really nice dreams????

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I have been trapped in dreams millions of times, i dunno how i get outta them just do.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Always. I cant control my dreams nor wake up at will, always been that way for me.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Mulder first post i've seen from you in along time!

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Sometimes I have dreams where I will wake up 5 or 6 times in a row and each time only to find out I am still dreaming, one time I actually thought I had died thats why I could not wake up. Whats strange is each time I awoke in my bed my room would be different and the and when I looked out my window the houses across the street were always different. Yet the dreams would be so real I could actually fog the window I was looking out of, thats what really freaks me out.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Yes. Actually how it happened is something that is quite disturbing/unsettling to me...and something some will scoff at...but heres the story:

Much of my life I've experienced dreams which sometimes have a rather extreme lucidity and intensity to them...some of these dreams are disturbing, some contain alien elements...some seem like 'psychic abductions' in a way. There is far more to these dreams than I can/will state here and now.

This has happened to me since a young age...around 8 years old or there abouts is as far back as I can remember them...though they went far more 'ballastic' during the onset of puberty and through my teens/early twenties. I am somewhat used to them now, and know how to handle them without being overly affected by them. They also happen rather infrequently now, which is a GOOOOD thing.

K...to the guts of the story...I was staying with my brother at the time, living at his house. One night I was dreaming away as per usual...just a basic dream...when I sensed a 'coldness' an 'evil' in my dreamscape *just a madeup word for dream-world*, it was familiar and normally happened when these disturbing dreams happened...so I figured "Oh great, here we go again". This time it was different...this time I was frozen in my dream and unable to move...k...yep, thats not too worrying, I've experienced that before when they appear in dreams sometimes...but no appearance, no attack, nothing. I also had this 'feeling' that someone close to me, a loved one, needed my help. Hmmm...still frozen...getting a little wierded out now, I'll try and wake up. So I tried to close my eyes (in my dream) and focus on my physical sleeping body (just a trick I do to snap out from a dream)...no go...couldn't close my eyes. Right...starting to panic now...but refocussed and calmed myself, which is another trick...centre oneself to remove any external influence. That didn't work either...I'm still frozen...dream is completely on pause. Wierdest thing ever. All the while this drive to be somewhere else...that someone needed my help...was burning inside...and I couldn't respond to their call/need.

No matter what I tried I couldn't wake...of course eventually I did, don't actually recall HOW I did...or if I merely blended into an ordinary dream from this frozen one...but it seemed to me that I was frozen in this dream almost all night. I know I woke up completely exhausted, mentally physically and spiritually.

Later that week I was watching TV with my bro...now my bro is a quiet reserved guy, he is also a total skeptic, if it can't be scientifically proven he doesn't wanna know. He is also NOT one to openly talk about his dreams or feelings or emotions or anything. Yet he turns to me and says "Bro...had the wierdest dream earlier this week. I dreamt I was fast asleep and I woke up in my dream, and there were these aliens coming in through the bedroom window, coming in through the walls, just coming to get me. I was fighting them off and yelling out to you to come and help me but you were fast asleep in the next room (my bedroom was right next to his) and you didn't hear me. I fought them and fought them and yelled out to you but you never came to back me up bro" I asked him when this was...and it was the SAME night I was frozen in my dream.

That PEEEEEEVED me off to hear that...totally fried my onions...I was just SOOOO gawddamn livid! These little feckers may mess with me...that peeves me off enough, okay, I don't know WHY it happens, I have no idea WHO or WHAT is responsible (I have my suspicions, but no definites)...but when I heard they messed my bro as well...and I was unable to help him...ARRRRGH! Just wanted to go to sleep, detach my consciousness, find the feckers and waste every last one of the evil creepy-azz mofos!

*we return you now to your regularily scheduled program*

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Even though a natual phenomenon
This is reported among most abductees .. that this frozen in your dream is what it feels like when your mind
has been manipulated probably by artificial means
in order to make the subject docile....

<<   2 >>

join