It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to Name My Kitten?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I can't decide on a name for my kittens. My sister is naming one, I suggested to her that she could call her's, "Minerva", she instantly declined.

Anyway, I'm thinking of something along the lines of:

• Osiris
  • Midian
  • Astaroth

I want something quite demonic/fantasy/mystical. My hamster and mouse are called Hades and Thor, so something like "mittens" wouldn't really fit.

In your opinion, do you think I should use one of the three names above, if so which one? Or, do you have your own suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Please note: I'm not a satanist, the pet's names do not reflect their owner in any way, shape, or form.

Edit:
They were born about three weeks ago, so I'll be getting them in roughly five weeks!

[edit on 23-6-2006 by xeroxed88]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
What's the cat look like!? Post a pic then we can name it!

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
How 'bout DaVinci?

Or you could do like my parents did and name all your cats after brands of whiskey.

Peace

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
My personal vote would go to Osiris.

I like mythical and fantasy names too, I have a guinea pig named Black Magic and my dog's name is Loki.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Naming your cats after dieties is only slightly less overdone than use of the word "LOL" in chatrooms.

Seriously. I'm literally the only person I know who didn't name their cats after demons or gods (mine were called "Wheezey" and "Bling-Bling").

If you're hell bent on naming them after a diety, at least go for something obscure. Every crazy psycho ex-gf I ever had named their cat Osiris, or Isis, or Nefertiti, or some overused Egyptian name.

Try something out of H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos.

Or maybe go into Japanese mythology and use "Maneki Neko" (those lucky fortune kitties you see in restaurants).

But giving your cat a name like "Osiris" is about as original as naming your son "John".

[edit on 6/23/2006 by thelibra]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
hey my names john
. anywho osiris sounds awesome. My cats are named dunkin and bella, but i respectively call them poonkass and beef.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Most cats I've ever known have names that start out one way then evolve. Say you happened to name your cat "Fluffy." It's not long before you start calling it:

Fluffy nut
Fluffy nutter
Fluffy nutter butter
Fluffa Nut Butt
Nubbutta
Nubbaloo
Nubbaloopoo
Loopy poo
Fluffa Nubba Puffy Doo
etc.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Enkidu

HAHA!

You got that right..
I have a Cat named Mooshka.
His nickname is TaterHead.

And there is a distinct step by step evolution from the first, to the last..

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Howsa bout Cringer

..good enough for He-Man!

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
How about....

Skeptic overlord

HAHA ,lol

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra

Try something out of H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos.

Awesome idea! If you're gonna have cats, I guess.

But giving your cat a name like "Osiris" is about as original as naming your son "John".

Heeeeyyyyy wait a minute. My son and I take issue with that. Ok mebbe not. It's not original, but works for us. And I guess it's less original for him.

How 'bout "John"? That'd be original. For a cat.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Ooh, you could cook her in a pan have her for dinner and be done with her before you have five more aye. Seriously though I named one of mine Lucias which realy fits her well seeing as how she attacked me one night when I was trying to put her out. She looks just like a demon anyway. She has a black face with a firey looking body.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
My Favorite Cat Names

Clyde

Bartholomew

Kamineko ("biting cat" -- beloved of Azumanga Daioh fans)

Skittles

Chairman Meow

Bitey

Lord Vice-Admiral Fauntleroy the Second

Scat

Mr. Mischief

Alexis

Pouncer

...and so on.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Don't forget: "Claude Davenport."

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Is it a girl or boy cat?

was thinking Hoff sounded good.. after.. well.. y'know..

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
Most cats I've ever known have names that start out one way then evolve. Say you happened to name your cat "Fluffy." It's not long before you start calling it:

Fluffy nut
Fluffy nutter
Fluffy nutter butter
Fluffa Nut Butt
Nubbutta
Nubbaloo
Nubbaloopoo
Loopy poo
Fluffa Nubba Puffy Doo
etc.

gasp! I have cats with each of those very names!! and I thought etc. would never be copied!! ( not really, but for some reason this list made me laugh hysterically!! --It's been one of those days.....thanks for the relief!)

And this is sooooo true. I spent days looking for a 'perfect' name for a new colt. I finally settled on 'Nimrod'......ancient warrior king, I think......after too many explainations to folks who thought it a dumb name......he became naybob (neighbob, maybe). No more explainations, plus it's easier to scream out really loudly, if the need arises.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The only picture I have is on my sister's phone. I'll take one as soon as I see him. Hooah! Two questions answered in one sentence!

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
How about Help? Or Fire? So when you call for it to come in people think you need help or there is a fire.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
Don't forget: "Claude Davenport."

rofl!
Took me a second. How true, and fitting.

How about naming him Marjan. (Mar-Jahn)

after the Famous Lion from the Kabul Zoo in Afganistan.
that would be a nice tribute to a tough Cat.
Marjan the Lion

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I have 3. Names are Target, Bullet, and Sniper. If you have more than one animal, it's fun to have related names.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join