It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are they watching YOU for??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
CCTV much like the bar's on prison window's exist not to keep you safe but to remind you of your captive state.They are the eye's of the police state,a tool for mass surveilance.I question the intelligence of anyone that think they are there "for public safety".If the technology existed in the 1940s I have no doubt nazi Germany would have erected millions of them.

[edit on 29/10/06 by Keltoi]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
There is the basic mindset of "Us" and "Them"

The watchers and the watchees

I can't be trusted therefore I must be watched.

Please save me from myself. I can't handle freedom to move about without being monitored. I might break a rule. Save me from my neighbor, he might break a rule.

Has anyone noticed that the obssesive monitoring has not slowed the crime rate down one bit?

Convenience store robberies and such are on the increase, not decrease. The cameras don't stop the criminals because they manage to hide their identity somehow. The camera shots on the news are never very revealing. Here in the Kansas City area we have had 14 bank robberies since September, the intrusive watching of us is not having an effect on this, it appears.

I'm not hiding anything, but should be able to if I want. What I do during the course of my day is my business, not anyone else's unless I invite them into my day.
Also just because something is illegal doesn't mean that I believe that it is wrong. I may do something "illegal" in the eyes of the law and be punished for it when in my eyes it is not wrong. Most laws are based on the majority voting them into laws, I am not the majority. I am an individual with individual opinions. Someone else is not responsible for my behaviour, I am responsible. If I am causing others harm it will be brought into the open, no one needs to spy on me to catch me doing something. If in fact our prison population has doubled since 1985 that tells me that something isn't working in our justice system. The word Justice means a wrong being righted. I do not participate in activities that require justice to be administered. I do not like being watched by cameras. I don't pay taxes to buy a "big brother" I pay taxes to be protected and served.

[edit on 29-10-2006 by interestedalways]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Is this even a question? I mean, are you seriously asking this? The lack of privacy,bub. Not only do they have freakin cameras everywhere but satellites in the sky that can take a freakin picture of an ant hill and show you how many freakin ants are crawling around.

[edit on 29-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
Someone else is not responsible for my behaviour, I am responsible. If I am causing others harm it will be brought into the open, no one needs to spy on me to catch me doing something. If in fact our prison population has doubled since 1985 that tells me that something isn't working in our justice system. The word Justice means a wrong being righted. I do not participate in activities that require justice to be administered. I do not like being watched by cameras. I don't pay taxes to buy a "big brother" I pay taxes to be protected and served.

If I had a WATS vote left you would have it for this post!

Slavery was legal at one time because of the majority! We as Americans have a right to privacy, this includes being out in public. How often does the police stop perp from hurting you? The deterent of being on camera is not that big a deal for criminals. They will just find a way of hiding themselves or changing their appearance.

Agent I work with the Police ALL THE time. They dont want this kind of surveilance either. They know not all laws are just, why dont you? You get yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time, and if the circomstances are just right you could be nailed for a crime you did not commit. I am sure you wouldnt want some hungary prosecuter going after you for something you didnt do would you? Most of them dont care if you are guilty or innocent, just if they can get the conviction.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I think that the reason the government needs to watch us is the same reason that parents need to watch the kids... because they can't behave themselves. That doesn't mean that everyone in society is irresponsible, but if the cameras are there, maybe the ones that need to be watched might behave a little better. And if they can't, well at least they're caught on camera and get a quicker punishment since the evidence is there. Now the punishment might be a bullet in the head.... but I'd rather see that person with a bullet in the head then have him put one in mine.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
I think that the reason the government needs to watch us is the same reason that parents need to watch the kids... because they can't behave themselves. That doesn't mean that everyone in society is irresponsible, but if the cameras are there, maybe the ones that need to be watched might behave a little better. And if they can't, well at least they're caught on camera and get a quicker punishment since the evidence is there. Now the punishment might be a bullet in the head.... but I'd rather see that person with a bullet in the head then have him put one in mine.

You mean like Charles de Menezes the innocent Brazilian shot six times in the head at Stockwell tube station in London in July 05 because he "looked like a terrorist"?? Yet no police officer was ever held to account? If thats the kind of system you want I wonder about your motive's and who you work for.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
WOO an old thread dusted off.

I was watching Streetcrime UK in my boredom today and was amazed just how many assaults and section 5,s were apprehended by a call from the camera operators to the cops,who then apprehended said offenders and placed them in from to the nearest cam for an instant ID.

A pretty good arrest rate for crimes that would otherwise have gone unreported.

Maybe if we got back to basics and allowed a good old whack across the ear from a local Bobby for misdemeanours from little turds who have no respect for the law since abolishing the slipper/cane etc things wouldn,t have progressed so far.

Blame your weak minded,namby pamby civil rights for criminals and delinquents.
Things should never have been allowed to get this far

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keltoi

You mean like Charles de Menezes the innocent Brazilian shot six times in the head at Stockwell tube station in London in July 05 because he "looked like a terrorist"?? Yet no police officer was ever held to account? If thats the kind of system you want I wonder about your motive's and who you work for.

No. I'm making a reference to another thread that talks about the Omega Agency.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There will be zero tolerance for any crime that hurts, harms or infringes on the life of others. Example - a person making threatening phone calls to another will be picked up and sent to one of the work farms. A person committing a drive-by shooting will be punished with immediate death. The policing of the populous will be carried out by men/women who are already chosen and merely waiting for the time when they will go to work for the OA openly. Most are current and/or former military people who worked special ops while on active duty. These people will be responsible for seeking out those guilty of a crime. Once the person is located, they will inform that person that they are guilty of said crime and immediately put a bullet in their head. End of crime problem from that person. Should the person's crime not warrant the death penalty, these Public Security Officers will pick up the person and deliver them to the work farm. If the person resists, they will be shot on the spot. No trial, no jury, no lawyer, no Miranda rights. The Public Security Officer will have the authority to act as sole judge, jury, and executioner of the punishment that the OA declares fits the crime.

So I'm not referring to some guy who got shot because he looked like a terrorist. My point is that if the NWO shoots someone for committing a crime before that person can hurt me... am I going to complain? No.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   

So I'm not referring to some guy who got shot because he looked like a terrorist. My point is that if the NWO shoots someone for committing a crime before that person can hurt me... am I going to complain? No.

...and when you are in the wrong place at the wrong time, and the prosecution cannot find the perp, but you will do just fine because you were in the area just before the crime?

I dont ever do anything wrong to hurt another, but I sure dont want to see my butt in front of some insane prosecuter that only cares about career advancement. They are nothing but lawyers you know, and they care not for justice. I do.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
...but I sure dont want to see my butt in front of some insane prosecuter that only cares about career advancement. They are nothing but lawyers you know, and they care not for justice. I do.

So on one hand, we have innocent people being the victims of crooks, rapists and killers. On the other hand we have innocent people becoming the victims of insane prosecuters who only care about career advancement (crooks, rapists and killers). It looks like we're screwed either way.

In my opinion, the ideal situation is to keep our privacy and freedoms, and also rid society of the crooks, rapists and killers. What is that going to require?

1. That everyone has a job that provides them with a sufficient income to support themselves and their families.
2. Everyone practices appropriate birth control to ensure that no household has more dependents than they can afford to support.
3. Everyone practices proper parenting skills to ensure that their children grow up to be responsible members of society.
4. Everyone maintains a healthy lifestyle to avoid overburdening of the healthcare system.
5. Everyone is properly educated to follow the previous requirements.

The list could go on...

Unfortunately, we have an ever-increasing population of dumbed-down citizens (which can be blamed on the government) wreaking havoc on the planet. How can it possibly be turned around? It seems that the NWO plan is to simply take control and toss out the garbage.

It's like having a garage sale. It would take forever and waste a lot of time and money to go through every single item to determine what should be kept, what should be sold, and what should be trashed. Sometimes you have to just get rid of it all and be done with it. Then you can start over with a clean slate.

I'm not saying I condone it or agree with it... it's just my observation.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
A lot of poster's on this forum are charlatans or NWO pawn's.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keltoi
A lot of poster's on this forum are charlatans or NWO pawn's.

Are you referring to ME? All I'm doing is taking an objective point of view so I can better understand what's going on. Are you doing that?

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
we may be caught on CCTV over 300 times a day but as a percentage how oftn are we actually noticed? Just because there are cameras there doesnt mean you are being watched at all times. 9.9 times out of 10 you will just be another person on the monitor unless you are doing something you shouldnt. I say just ignore em!

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
we may be caught on CCTV over 300 times a day but as a percentage how oftn are we actually noticed? Just because there are cameras there doesnt mean you are being watched at all times. 9.9 times out of 10 you will just be another person on the monitor unless you are doing something you shouldnt. I say just ignore em!

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
I say just ignore em!

Unfortunately, that is the opinion of about 90% of the sheeple.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
. 9.9 times out of 10 you will just be another person on the monitor unless you are doing something you shouldnt. I say just ignore em!

"Doing something you shouldn't" in who's opinion?

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. Unless your doing something "we" say you shouldn't be doing.

So many are brainwashed into fearing for their safety they really believe we need total control by those deemed worthy to ensure our regulated behavior. I am truly sorry for those of you who live in such fear.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   

So many are brainwashed into fearing for their safety they really believe we need total control by those deemed worthy to ensure our regulated behavior. I am truly sorry for those of you who live in such fear.

I'm sure you're aware of the huge number of children that go missing every day. That alone is a very good reason to watch the public.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Put it this way. There are NO cameras in your house. If you are going to do something private - do it at home.

You are in a public place. Expect to be watched.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. ..

So many are brainwashed into fearing for their safety they really believe we need total control by those deemed worthy to ensure our regulated behavior.

I love these comments about Liberty etc.

You have none.no freedom.no rights..
Why don,t people understand that??

As soon as you vote for a government/council/leader you are effectively signing over your rights for them to do just what the heck they want.

If you want true freedom from prying eyes to make sure you are conforming to their opinion on how you should be behaving..Go find an uninhabited unpopulated Island some where.Declare yourself Governor/ruler and create your own set of rules.That is true freedom/liberty/self-reliance.

When will people realise?.. you are paying them HUGE amounts of cash(besides what they steal/con/co-erce etc) to TELL YOU WHAT CAN AND CAN NOT DO!!
And yet people do it over and over and over again...and complain about it..

VOTE FOR KERMIT this November..You know who,ll win anyway

One more in the face of politics from your truly

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorfungi
Put it this way. There are NO cameras in your house. If you are going to do something private - do it at home.

Really, cause in my house I am subject to the V chip in my television, wiretapping on my phone, internet spies on the computer, and even neighbors, postal workers, etc who have been required to watch for anything "unusual" and to report to Homeland Security.

AnneStacey, what if the perpetrators of the children gone missing were actually victims of the powers who protect us? David Icke suggests similiar goings on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join