It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Ash Fall in DC Area?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I still haven't found any reports on this.

Me neither...

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I'm from that area originally, so I'm interested.
I'll check back in later if I find anything, or to see if any of you locate some info..

Me too. I'll see if it's still happening tomorrow.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The "Alberto" conclusion is very strong possibility, but with the way that this world is working lately, I mean with the earthquakes, volcanos, and other fragile earth topics, anything is possible, "I guess?'

How long did it last before the sun went down? Has anyone else inquired to you about this wierd occurrance?

*Alberto makes since though*

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923
How long did it last before the sun went down?

Essentially, it was a 9 hour event with varying intensity.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Greetings...

Here is a website I visit often:
EAST USA movie on color map

Could be something swept up from the south from Alberto. I've read about bizzare things falling from the sky during storms. Actually, here's an article from a thread I created:
Sky Fall

~DearWife

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
DearWife:

I'm beginning to firmly believe the recent fires in Florida and Alberto's remnants are the explanation for the ash fall in DC.

I think it strange that it was never picked up in the local media, though...

[edit on 15-6-2006 by loam]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
....and, spacedoubt, no smelling or tasting was involved...

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Where did this happen Loam? I mean what part of the city. I'm in NW and didn't see anything. I'm in the downtown/Dupont area. This is interesting.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Or it could be the Bush administration burning its paper trail. Anyone notice a big bonfire around any government buildings.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I had the same thought...
We have lots of wind storms and tornadoes in the mid states, and dust is usually quelled by water from rainstorms...

I would think that the storm did the same there...

I like the answer of: Lots of document burning going on in the old town tonight.
incenerators are blasting all over town...

I am also very surprised that no "terror" alerts have been issued since it is a rare unusual event.

You would think media would be all over this, as they are on all the unusual dust fall stories...

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I live in Potomac, MD and its an absolutely gorgeous day. Nothing out of the ordinary.

link   
This brings to mind, last week i went with my daughter in law to do errands, and it was pouring. In the midst of it all, we saw very large grey flakes come down. This was in the Hyannis area. We both looked at each other and couldnt figure out what "it" was. It was warm.

link   
nothing like that here in alexandria. beautiful crystal clear blue skies all the way.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by valkeryie
Or it could be the Bush administration burning its paper trail. Anyone notice a big bonfire around any government buildings.

Or maybe they were burning the bodies from the Rayburn shootout!!

I couldn't find anything eith except Indonesia's Mt Merapi volcano spewed gas, and ash...I would think that would be too far away to affect DC.

Yeah, the Media is acting pretty wacky lately, they still haven't reported all the EQ's in Alaska. When I went to bed last night, there were over 90 eq's. I would thing that should at least get a mention??? Everytime St. Helens burps it's National news

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Meanwhile, over the other side of the Atlantic it is cloudy here and I have been coughing a lot. Not ash though.

On topic, thats very strange, has this ever occoured anywhere else in the whole of history?? Weird ash falling out of midair!

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I live and work in NW D.C. and I didn't notice anything like you are describing. A previous posted indicated that it may be dust from a nearby construction site. It very well could be this. A building near the one I live in is being renovated and I have noticed a fine layer of dust on my car, which is parked a few blocks away.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Somebody's been smoking up all that G-13 weed and then they had to dispose of the ash some way.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It could very well be from Florida. I am in Missouri, and we had that same thing happen when Yellowstone had that big fire.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Tampa, Florida here. Loam I did notice that happen Tuesday afternoon over here. I was meeting my friend up at his crib, and as we were walking to the door I saw stuff very much like that you described flying around. I saw it again when I went to Wendy's to eat an hour later. Not that it stopped and happened again, it was constant, but so small it was mostly unnoticeable unless your mind was pretty blank at the moment. I only saw it Tuesday though. There was a tornado that touched down farther north of my location close to where there were fires raging when Alberto made landfall. It was only alerted on those little weather warning on tv when your watching a show around 11:00pm. Perhaps it could have carried a certain amount of ash into the atmosphere maybe and the storm continued to carry it north to your area?

Thats just my theory. But I did see it Tuesday afternoon. Its really not something you could take a picture of. I mean you lose sight of whatever your watching after a few seconds and its so small I could not even distinguish any of it on the ground from the common rubbish.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
activefiremaps.fs.fed.us...

Lots of fires west of you. The weather was talking about the east having hot days as this advanced to the east. Could be from these fires as well. The ash I mean.

[edit on 15-6-2006 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
OK...

Happy to report NO ash flakes today... Looked long and hard for them, but none to be found....

Now that the remnants of Alberto have passed, so has the unusual event.

Thanks for all the great replies.

Oh, and, ummm...I loved the paper burning comments!
Too funny!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join