It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This May Get Me Thrown Out Of Here--BUT Here Goes

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by joshai2334
I don't see plagarism as an issue in a public forum where we're all just trading ideas.

Plagarism is appropriate in a refereed scientific journal--which this is not.

Looks to me like stuffed-shirtism.

I wonder if plagiarism would be an issue to you if it was your money or years of hard work building a site on the line in a lawsuit?

Plagiarism in any form is the ultimate in mental laziness and cheap theft.

Citing someone's work, giving credit to the author, and abiding the creative commons license however is not plagiarism it's referencing.

If it's "stuff shirted" of us to not allow plagiarism then I am extra heavy starch.

Springer...

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Springer]

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
that was a nice video...some of the footage i havnt seen b4 and some i have... its pretty wild how the government tries to hide it when its so obvious that other life exists...ive seen ufo's b4 ...many of them actually... and the videos seem to show exactly what i see...

cant wait to see more of the video when its complete...

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by pmexplorer
Hi, Im a relatively new member, I was absolutely fascinated by the video. ...

[snip] If someone can disprove this theory or reveal it to be a hoax I would appreciate f they would enlighten us as I do not want to waste my time buying videos that are simply for entertainment purposes. I live in hope.

Technical questions should be addressed to the producer, [email protected].

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

I wonder if plagiarism would be an issue to you if it was your money or years of hard work building a site on the line in a lawsuit? Plagiarism in any form is the ultimate in mental laziness and cheap theft. Citing someone's work, giving credit to the author, and abiding the creative commons license however is not plagiarism it's referencing. If it's "stuff shirted" of us to not allow plagiarism then I am extra heavy starch.
Springer...

Have you forgotten where we are? We are in a semi-public Forum. This is not a place where "your money or years of hard work building a site on the line in a lawsuit" is what is going on.

Lighten up.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Technical questions should be addressed to the producer, [email protected].

My questions are surely shared by others, I dont see why the original poster cannot answer them.
Im just curious like everyone else.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Have you forgotten where we are? We are in a semi-public Forum. This is not a place where "your money or years of hard work building a site on the line in a lawsuit" is what is going on.

Lighten up.

Sorry but eem...

Any idea that is copyrighted then stolen by a 2nd party is against the law and if it was posted here Springer ,simon grey and SO would be responsible and the site could be shut down over such a matter and they have poured there heart & soul into thiss site do dont you go telling them ti
"Lightin up"

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Lighten up.

From the T&C"s you agreed to when you joined....

1c.) Intellectual Property: You will not post in a message any copyrighted material, material belonging to another person, nor link to any copyrighted material (with the exception of publicly available sites and pages that the legal owners of the copyrights have created to make that material freely available to the general
public), unless that copyright is owned by you or by this website.

[edit on 2-7-2006 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Where It's At

If there's one thing you can be sure of, it's that Springer is very much aware of where we are.

While opinions are welcome on pretty much anything, some things have been discussed in depth elsewhere, and the issue of plagiarism is one of them.

Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ**

Everyone is welcome to their opinions regarding ATS policy, but compliance with it is not optional, and it will be enforced regardless of whatever differing opinions some members may have.

That's where we are.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What they said

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

I wonder if plagiarism would be an issue to you if it was your money or years of hard work building a site on the line in a lawsuit? Plagiarism in any form is the ultimate in mental laziness and cheap theft. Citing someone's work, giving credit to the author, and abiding the creative commons license however is not plagiarism it's referencing. If it's "stuff shirted" of us to not allow plagiarism then I am extra heavy starch.
Springer...

Lighten up.

You agreed to the Terms and Conditions of use when you signed up for ATS. Here's one of them:

5b) Cooperation: You will, if asked by myself or a moderator, cease posting any content, and/or links to content, deemed offensive, objectionable, or in poor taste by the representatives of the message board.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You are officially being asked to adhere to ATS' policy of NOT plagerizing.

Failiure to comply will bring consequences.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Aaaaand, back on topic.

Great video looking forward to seeing the complete work, also really would like to see the results of nightvision converted cams, any takers? If it´s just a lens issue I might try it myself, but need some tips from people who know about this stuff.

Also, y´all probably seen this, but I will post it anyway:

Video:: Journalist Nick Cook:: UFO´s: The Hidden Evidence (10-2005) 01:41:32

Very interesting documentary from a renowned journalist who went looking for hard evidence.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
TO REVIEW : Somebody else copied what I wrote, somewhere else--

and that did not upset me. Okay?

Where is all this heavy, heavy stuff coming from? I don't come here for this.

Is there a lawsuit going on here that I'm not privvy to?

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Dude, I think the issue is not that you committed plagiarism in this case, but the way you´ve reacted on being reminded about the fact that it is not to be taken lightly, especially because it may harm the forum.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Yes, I guess I over-reacted. It came across as categorical hostility, so I reacted. I'm sorry.

And my comment to PMEXPLORER didn't mean to imply that I wouldn't answer questions about the video. It was meant to convey that the producer, Jose Escamilla, has been very open to questions about the video. He's cool.

I have seen this video many times; I find its music very soothing. But it also raises some hard issues for me. How in the world could we have been lied to so thoroughly, all this time? What kind of leaders do we have, who can't tell the truth?

That's sad.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Hi, I'm a lurker here rather than a poster, but this topic here and at Eagles has drawn me out of the shadows, lol. I've updated my preferences at ATS to match the settings at Eagles and compared the posting times for the start of each thread. This is certainly curious, can this be explained by Joshai2334? Are you also Pinnochai/Chaiyah, who I have known and infrequently communicated via the boards with since 2003?

The timestamps quoted below are both set to +10 GST.

joshai2334
posted on 12-6-2006 at 06:02 AM (post id: 2266404) - single QUOTE

chaiyah

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:58 am Post subject: They're KILLING US OFF : That's What

And this is from freedomcrowsnest.org Chaiyah's main hang out

chaiyah
New postPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:57 am Post subject: The Aliens are Killing Us OFF
Description:

[edit on 4-7-2006 by Xena_01]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Much have we seen and much have we done, but ultimately, joshai2334 established the original topic, and I think it would be best if we respected the intent of our fellow member and focused on that.

Anyone wondering what joshai2334's identity may be is probably welcome to make contact via U2U and ask (that's up to joshai2334 to decide), but I think it would be best if we don't dwell on such matters in this thread.

Hopefully it is clear by now that we don't throw people out for having different opinions. Nope, just T&C violations, as boring as that may be.

And now, if you will, let's return to the thesis originally presented:

Jose Escamilla's film of NASA UFO-videos establishes the reality of
Alien Life in and near this planet.

That does cover quite a bit, don't you think?

[edit on 7/4/2006 by Majic]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Much have we seen and much have we done, but ultimately, joshai2334 established the original topic, and I think it would be best if we respected the intent of our fellow member and focused on that.

Hopefully it is clear by now that we don't throw people out for having different opinions. Nope, just T&C violations, as boring as that may be.

And now, if you will, let's return to the thesis originally presented:

I'll return to lurk mode then and assume that the discrepancy with the 1 hour differential with post timestamps, has been sufficiently resolved here. I'll discuss the issue with Chaiyah at Eagles, she may wish to add her 2 cents or not as there appears to be a challenge to ownership of the article there. If the article belongs to Joshai2334, disregarding the timestamps, then I will request she amend her threads.
Thanks for your advice.

[edit on 4-7-2006 by Xena_01]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
What I find is that I am offended by this line of reasoning.

What also offends me is the very idea that "original" thoughts, arguments and rhetoric cannot be shared, intact -- that, somehow, ideas are to be attributed to a Source and that Source becomes more sacred than the discussion of the idea itself.

I don't have to come here--you know. I don't have to do any work here.

If people here are more busy, pointing fingers and getting personal, then I don't have to participate. I can just move on.

Capice?

[edit on 4-7-2006 by joshai2334]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

What I find is that I am offended by this line of reasoning...

Any suspicion cast your way in this matter has been dropped, dude. Get over it and move on.

Jeez

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
leave him/her be...seriously... i think the video was great no matter how you got it or made it... i hope that youll be making the full video soon... im looking forward to it

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join