It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

too much junk...it's time to grow up.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
WHY are reptillians always the subject for ridicule?

There is no proof to support there are Greys and there is no proof there are Reptillians! do you know for a fact they don't exist or not? no...I didn't think so.

If you ridicule Reptillians you might as well start ridiculing Greys, Noridcs and all other "little green men".

ANYway, back to subject, There is very little we can do to curb this, there is bunk all over the place and the only defense we have against this...phenomena...is to DEbunk it beyond a reasonable doubt.

Either that or have a sellect team of people question the poster, and if they don't reply, ban the poster, I guess we have to set up some newcomer message board where they post their claims, and only after that will they be able to post in the other boards, and if their thread is having reasonable discussion going on it can be moved to the Aliens and UFO's board where it can be discussed more thoroughly.

maybe a 10-15 post probation period? maybe a time limit?

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Please let me clarify this thread for some people that seem to be getting the wrong impression about me.

This thread was a way for me to get my point out about how we need to be more mature with how we treat theses forums. I have a passion for the topics discussed on this website. Most members have open minds and a very intelligent outlook. I would really just like to see a decline in the amount of fictional or photoshopped pictures, you know.

I just wanted to let everyone know that It's been bugging me, and I'm going to try my hardest to stop it, and how I think everyone else should follow suit.

The ATS staff do a wonderfull job of maintaining and moderating this site, I think it's just up to us to debunk the crap, and investigate the solid threads.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It seems very trendy right now, to post fake stories and attempt social engineering. I don't know what to do about it. Its a new generation and a new fad on the Internet.

In particular, video and photo hosting services have made hosting cost free, and that makes posting some feces photoshop video as evidence even more appealing to those in the age bracket for Mad magazine.

One thing I would like to see is closure of threads that repeat introduction of google and other host-company videos.

For example, the "time lapse camera catches a UFO' video comes up from time to time. Instead, a sticky thread should be at the top of the forums with a clear explanation of why this video is a hoax and how the end user can see for themselves that it is a hoax.

The same thing should be done for the bird-sideways pictures.

There is a certain level of reasonable attainability that should be set as a standard.

I am very interested in this stuff too, but find the repetition clutter to be almost as annoying as the kiddie social engineering attempts.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

[edit on 6-6-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
If you ridicule Reptillians you might as well start ridiculing Greys, Noridcs and all other "little green men".

I think I'm an equal opportunity ridiculer. It's just that the Reptillian thing is a bit more mock-able than the rest, because it seems to have been lifted so directly from that old (and bad) television show "V."

You know, just because it's on TV, doesn't mean it's real. There are no real "Dukes of Hazzard." And those people Lost on that island in "Lost?" They're not really lost. They're actors. Same thing with "V." There are no lizard aliens disguised as humans trying to take over the world. It's fiction. Sorry to have to be the one to tell you. Whoever told you it was true was pulling your leg.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

I think I'm an equal opportunity ridiculer. It's just that the Reptillian thing is a bit more mock-able than the rest, because it seems to have been lifted so directly from that old (and bad) television show "V."

You know, just because it's on TV, doesn't mean it's real. There are no real "Dukes of Hazzard." And those people Lost on that island in "Lost?" They're not really lost. They're actors. Same thing with "V." There are no lizard aliens disguised as humans trying to take over the world. It's fiction. Sorry to have to be the one to tell you. Whoever told you it was true was pulling your leg.

hahaha, that picture is priceless enkidu.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Although in a different forum on ATS, here's another example of what's wrong here. The entire thread belongs somewhere on BTS, if not somewhere else entirely.

Yeah, ha-ha, it's all in fun - but it doesn't belong on ATS. If a newer poster had started that, they'd have a warning bar already.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
where exactly would you put this thread though. I can't think of a suitable place in bts.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bripe Klmun
Yeah, ha-ha, it's all in fun - but it doesn't belong on ATS. If a newer poster had started that, they'd have a warning bar already.

Yeah, I used to try to play policeman in some of the forums I've been a part of, but it's just too doggone much work. Also, I discovered my policeman posts never actually solved the "problem," but only added to the noise. Kind of like this post.

How many highly-skilled moderators are listed there at the top of the page? The answer is: plenty. If they want to move something, they can go right on ahead, and frequently do.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It's gotten a lot quieter in the past day or so.

Oh, yeah, summer school's started.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

There is no proof to support there are Greys and there is no proof there are Reptillians! do you know for a fact they don't exist or not? no...I didn't think so.

I think the reason people are more acceptable of the grey variety is that most abduction that are talked about involve little grey men. Even if a person is a skeptic, they find the thought of a little grey person less threatening than something of the reptilian variety.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by bruise
I totally agree- When I first found this site about six months ago I really enjoyed reading about stuff I had never seen before- like projectprove.com, secret NASA tapes, Gazrok's posts, etc. Now all you get is stuff about Reptilians, how you get membership into the MIB, and obvious fake pictures and posters. Let's please turn this around before this site turns into a New Age Scientology spinoff.

six months ago hey... you should have seen it a year and something ago... oh well... thast the preice of mainstream i reckon.

yes Reptilians... now there is something ppl should waste their minds on ... definetly...

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   

exactlly. the posts need to start being quality discussion, all of these other things just slow the progression down.

Simple solution....

Start posting the type of stuff you want to see....!!!!

Revisit some old cases, look at some interesting new ones.....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join