It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

self defense against police and/or military

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
A bunch of things have caused me to think this up such as a LAPD officer shooting a man cooperating with him and watching civil rights protests got haywire. Lets say you were in a situation like that, a cop pulls you over blah blah blah and worse comes to worse and he pulls a gun on you and starts firing while you were obeying his words, if you shoot him and kill him claiming self defense are there reprocussions? Id think the other police officers if there were any would start firing on you, which would kind of suck. Or the same senario with a military personnel. Can you ever claim "self-defense" against a man in uniform?

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
You can claim self defense, but you better have some damn good video tape evidence of everything!

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Yes, there will be reprocussions, however if you can prove it was self-defense, then they won't be too bad.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The real question you're asking is, "what do I do when they come for me?"

Short of knowing your rights and being prepared to defend them with or without legal counsel, you don't really have many options.

The law is fast chaning so that even with a concealed carry permit, you are not looked upon favorably by the court. You may be able to convince a judge and jury that you acted in self defense...but...you will have broken other laws along the way.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Police officers are people too and when they commit crimes they are not exempt for it.

Most police cruisers have camera's taping when they pull someone over.

I think in most cases you would be safe since the event is seen (and heard?)

But then again, this pro-authority media might paint a dark picture about you being a bad perp and the cop did what he had to to "protect" him self, we are being spoon-fed images of good cops like in CSI, Law and Order and countless of other cop shows.

They are never bad! they are the good guys!

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It has always been the case that social standing and money have always mattered to law enforcement, whether they wanted to admit it or not.

Here in my home town, a known city councilman was pulled over for speeding. He was let go with a smile when the officer realized who he had pleasure of speaking to. The...incident...was noted by a pedestrian who happened to be me.

The next question to come up here is, "how to act when confronted with arrogant or power-hungry law enforcement officials?"

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
The next question to come up here is, "how to act when confronted with arrogant or power-hungry law enforcement officials?"

Kick them in the stomach and throw them in the river. Wait, that's how you deal with crying babies. Umm, I wouldn't know, sorry.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Based on my own experience, the only way to deal with arrogant or power-hungry law enforcement personnel is to keep your head and hope to catch them in a lie or in some other in-system treachery. You may ultimately have to turn a blind eye to the arrogance.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Maybe a riot will start like the rodney king riots(yes i know it was a race one).

[edit on 073131p://41057 by The Anti Chris]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posed by Justin Oldham
It has always been the case that social standing and money have always mattered to law enforcement, whether they wanted to admit it or not.

Case and point the recent case concerning Capitol Police and Patrick Kennedy, although I believe steps were taken to correct that mistake?

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Patrick Kennedy was certainly afforded ever privilidge of class when was picked up by Capitol Police after clipping a concrete security barrier at 3 AM. It's worth noting that the police "assistance" that he got came fast and with a smile. One would speculate that "somebody" had an insurance policy in place.

The noise coming from the House and the Senate in the wake of the Jefferson arrest would suggest that Mr. Jefferson never had a chance to take advantage of his class privilidge. In both cases, we have seen people of means clearly acting in ways that wouldhave gotten the rest of us in serious trouble if we'd done them.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Great.

More blanket statements encompassing an entire group of people based on the actions of a few jerks.

I guess if thats what you need to do to sleep well at night so be it.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   

All Posters Read This!
Please could members refrain from starting threads that are based around:
what is your favourite gun
who would win if the ??? and ??? went to war with each other
who has the best army/navy/airforce/secret service........
etc etc ...
This forum is for information about Military weapons technology past, present, and future.

Moving...

top topics

join