It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upside down cross on popes chair.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
d1k

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Can some of you religious guru's please explain to me why there are pictures of the pope sitting in a chair with an upside down cross at the time. I've seen these pictures all over the net for years now and never not once have I heard an explaniation for this.

It's very clear that it is an upside down cross, how can this be?

home.cogeco.ca...
home.cogeco.ca...
home.cogeco.ca...
home.cogeco.ca...
home.cogeco.ca...

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The question sort of answers itself dont you think?

My Top 10 List of What the Pope Learned
When He Died:
By Sherry Shriner

1. Purgatory doesn't exist

2. Satan lied.

3. He was betrayed by the brotherhood.

4. He wasn't the Holy Father on earth.

5. He should have listened to Peter and not Paul.

6. He doesn't get a second chance to do it right.

7. He shouldn't have slept in church.

8. Making a life out of deceiving people wasn't worth it.

9. Rejecting the truths of the Most High wasn't worth it.

10. Hell isn't what he thought it was going to be.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Notice the verse on top of him:

"The pope sits on the altar at Korazim. The backdrop depicts Christ with an open book that reads, 'Love your enemies, I will come soon.' "

Notice the grammar and context. Especially the context. The Pope is in Korazim, the only city Jesus Christ specially cursed in his whole ministry (Capernaum and a few others were cursed by Christ, but Korazim was to be judged in a worse light than Sidon or Tyre according to Christ). Oh, and google Korazim (or Chorazim), and see that the city is indeed desolate. WHY the hell would this man, the supposed leader of Christendom do this? WHY?!

www.jesus-is-lord.com...

Not a fan of Shriner (heretic and kook) but her list is great for a laugh (except for her derison on Paul, gee not surprised from somebody who loves the Nag Hammadi texts).

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It's called St. Peter's Cross.

Peter asked to be crucified upside down because he didn't feel worthy to hang on the cross like Jesus. The upside down cross as a symbol of humility.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
there is more to it then what WIKI has to say.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
St. Peter's Cross is well known but if you have something to share please do.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I thought everyone knew this one!

Seriously, it's common knowledge that it's St. Peter's cross. The Christian legend is that when he was to be killed by the Romans, he insisted on being crucified upside down since he said he was not worthy of being crucified in the same position as Jesus.

The pope sits in St. Peter's chair and has the ring, etc, with all the symbology (ancient symbology, by the way... this dates to 100 AD) of that saint on it. The upside down cross has been his long-held symbol (before there were such things as Satanists.)

Here's a page with listings of saints where you can find all their symbols:
www.catholic-pages.com...

For the art lovers, here's a wonderful page on how to recognize saints and other figures in Christian (and early Christian) art:
www.fisheaters.com...

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Can't be St. Peter since Peter died in Jerusalem and never left for Rome. It's used in Satanism though, and that's a pretty well known fact. Why was this staged in Korazim? It's a miserable plot of land with huge negative connotation, why not some well known site such as say Jerusalem?

[edit on 15-5-2006 by Nakash]

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
Can't be St. Peter since Peter died in Jerusalem and never left for Rome. It's used in Satanism though, and that's a pretty well known fact. Why was this staged in Korazim? It's a miserable plot of land with huge negative connotation, why not some well known site such as say Jerusalem?

[edit on 15-5-2006 by Nakash]

St. Peter died in Rome. St. Clement, writing sometime in the mid-90s AD, speaks of Peter's missionary work and martyrdom in Rome. His own works refer to him writing from Babylon - many scholars consider this as an allusion for Rome as the real Babylon at this time was neglected ruins. Other writers also place Peter in Rome.

As the Successor to Peter, the Pope has adopted as part of the papal insignia the inverted cross. A reminder of the humility and courage of Peter.

www.godweb.org... - this link explains some commonly used crosses in Christianity.

Why did the Pope go to Korazim? Well, why not? He went there as part of his tour of the Holy Land. While there, he delivered a homily that can be read at this site.....

www.opuslibani.org.lb...

(Mod edit: Removed errant URL tags. -- Majic)

[edit on 1/16/2007 by Majic]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Peter was never in Rome. To your credit many of the church fathers had this belief, but his tomb was found in Jerusalem :

www.aloha.net...

This is worthy of a Da Vinci code status conspiracy in my opinion (a REAL conspiracy as opposed to that infantile low iq holy grail crap).

[edit on 19-5-2006 by Nakash]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
As was previously stated by the well educated posters - the upside down
cross is indeed to represent Peter who died crucified upside down. There
isn't anything satanic about it being on the Popes chair.

Separate issue - yes, Peter was in Rome. The fact
is he definately was in Rome and he ran the church
from there.

www.catholic.com...
www.catholic.com...
www.catholic.com...
www.catholic.com...
www.catholic.com...
www.catholic.com...
www.catholic.com...
www.catholic.com...
www.catholic.com...
www.catholic.com...
www.catholic.com...
www.catholic.com...
www.catholic.com...
www.catholic.com...
www.ewtn.com...
www.ewtn.com...

And St. Peter's Tomb is indeed in Rome.

www.uofaweb.ualberta.ca...

www.catholicapologetics.net...
www.newadvent.org...

History of building the Vatican
roma.katolsk.no...

For further reading on this subject -
Peter J. Toynbee and J. Ward Perkins, The Shrine of St. Peter
and the Vatican Excavations, New York: Pantheon Books, 1957

[edit on 5/19/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
www.aloha.net...

Oh .. this is daVinci alright. He has a flair for the dramatic
in his writing, I'll give you that. But the rest ...

Usually a Catholic, either because he is brainwashed or
stubbornly doesn’t want to see anything only that which he has
been taught, will not allow himself to believe anything against
his religion ...

Priests that have to be calmed down ... brainwashed Catholics
can't think for themselves ... Peter wasn't in Rome (when history
and the scripture clearly show he was) ...

Burial boxes with the correct words ... but correct words can be
carved into burial boxes at any time - just like the faked
'St. James brother of Jesus' box.
www.ecusa.anglican.org...
I'm sure that whoever faked the Peter box was able to
con some good coin for it from some poor shmuck in his day.

Sorry Nakash .. I know this site appeals to your notion that the
Catholic Church is evil ... It's written with dramatic flair to catch
away the breath of the anti-Catholic reader, but it's just not believable.

(and it's all off topic)

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Census

When He Died:
By Sherry Shriner

My Top Three Reasons For Listening to Paul of Tarsus Instead of Sherry Shriner:

en.wikipedia.org...

"Orange juice. Believes it is sweetened Satan urine. Once consumed, it turns the drinker against Christ and makes them followers of Satan, Dan Rather and Walt Disney."

2. She rejects the deity of Yeshua, and the apostleship of Paul (why not Acts and the Gospel of Luke as well then?). I don't see any list of normal NT books that she does accept.

3. On the other hand, "The Nag Hammadi is pre-Roman dominance, intrusion and tampering of early Christianity," and, "The Nag Hammadi is pre-Paul, pre-RCC takeover of the early church." She has a long list of heretical Gnostic books that she appears to accept as canonical in place of the NT.

[edit on 21-5-2006 by Paul of Nisbis]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
In March 2000, Pope John Paul II, Pope of the Roman Catholic Church, was at the Sea of Galilee giving a speech about peace. This is the place where the Beatitudes were preached by Jesus Christ. Some people have spread rumours and lies concerning the cross on the back of the Pope's chair, in which he sat during his speech. The cross is upside down, an inverted cross. It is true that there was an upside down cross on the Pope's seat. Many people have spread the lie that this represents Satanism.

Although the upside-down cross can possibly represent Satanism, it does not do so exclusively, and certainly not in this case. The Cross on the back of the Pope's seat is called St. Peter's Cross. St. Peter, the chief apostle, was crucified upside-down for his beliefs. This was done on Peter's request, who believed he was unworthy to be crucified in the same manner as Christ.

As Catholics, we believe the Pope is the successor of Peter, the first Pope. As such, the upside-down cross is a fitting symbol to be placed on the Pope's Chair during his visit to Israel.

There is a lot of anti-catholic propaganda on the Internet. Hopefully you read this article if you were seeking information on this subject. People who are against the Catholic Church will sometimes distort or invent information to purposely deceive people into believing falsehoods. The ones to blame mostly for this are those who invent falsehoods simply for their anti-catholic agendas. We should pray for these people, as well as for the victims of their false information.

For more information, or to email me, please visit holymotherchurch.blogspot.com... Thank you.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I immediately associated the upsidedown cross with Peter and his humilty. Because anti-Christian groups use it now doesn't change the reason why Saint Peter did what he did.

The swastika is a holy symbol in Hinduism and Buddhism. Does that make all Hindus and Buddhists Nazis?

Whether Peter traveled to Rome or not is irrelevant.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
St. Peter's Cross is well known but if you have something to share please do.

come on everyone, even the heathen atheists knows this one

people, stop looking for the antichrist in the pope

and nakash, that entire video was BS in the first frame
it implies that the only bible to read is the 1611 KJV
a highly innaccurate translation

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Political Veto

The swastika is a holy symbol in Hinduism and Buddhism. Does that make all Hindus and Buddhists Nazis?

Nope, it makes all Nazis followers of Lucifer, the bringer of light who is the sun god Baal. The swastika is a sun symbol from Babylon.

You might notice the cross of Baal on the Popes vestments, the same sign that is on a German warplane.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I don't like the way the pope twitches his nose.

Witches are known to twitch their noses.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Census
The question sort of answers itself dont you think?

When He Died:
By Sherry Shriner

1. Purgatory doesn't exist

2. Satan lied.

3. He was betrayed by the brotherhood.

4. He wasn't the Holy Father on earth.

6. He doesn't get a second chance to do it right.

7. He shouldn't have slept in church.

8. Making a life out of deceiving people wasn't worth it.

9. Rejecting the truths of the Most High wasn't worth it.

10. Hell isn't what he thought it was going to be.
Sherry Shriner?I've read some of her stuff,that lady has some wild beliefs.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The Saint Peter explanation is as stated by many here valid and the probable reason.

However it does seem that this chair, throne was a recent construction.... If it was specifically ordered for this visit, by the previous pope himself well there could be some truth to this as it does not seem to be a particular habit of the previous pope... unlike others in the millenia of the catholic church gone by.

In addition this is the previous pope to the current one... so if he was satanic he is now hanging out with his object of worship...

What I find much more interesting is that the new pope the current one.... He has brought in some very bizarre old habits, and ways of long lost popes.... especially in relation to his clothes, reintroducing hats and materials of clothes that are quite wierd very expensive and lavish this with his red prada bags, and shoes...this to me is more of a sign of any pope going to the "dark" side than anything the previous pope did.

Regards

Elf

<<   2  3  4 >>

join