It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increase in Cases of an Unknown and Truly Creepy Disease

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
A disease that has apparently been widely mis-diagnosed as a psychiatric disorder for years is increasing dramatically. The majority of cases seem to be in CA, TX and FL. Cluster areas of this disease have been noted near LA, San Francisco, San Jose and San Diego in California and near Houston, Dallas, Austin, and Round Rock in Texas.

Doctors Puzzled and Alarmed

The disease is known as Morgellon's Disease and exhibits a range of symptoms. The most common symptoms include fibres of unknown origin sticking through the skin and the presence of fibrous 'fuzzballs' and seed-like granules under the skin and in lesions. Patients describe pain associated with a 'crawling' sensation and itching and biting which they feel are insects crawling under their skin. The common nature of this particular symptom is what has caused many patients to be misdiagnosed as suffering from Delusional Parasitosis.

Go here for pictures and more information:

Morgellons Research Foundation

The disease causes serious neurogolical problems including fatigue, loss of memory, reduced cognitive functions and the like. The pain is intense and has led some patients to suicide.

Very scary. The fibres are not believed to be environmental and have been tentatively identified as some sort of cellulose. They are most often white but also commonly appear as black, red and blue. They self-fluoresce under the appropriate lighting.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This is very troubling. I wonder how this got started!

I just saw it on Drudge myself.

Now is the time for everything strange, i guess.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Just when I thought I've read everything....

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I really feel badly for these people. I read about Morgellon's last year when cases were being reported in CA and about a family in TX that was being ostrasized.
The doctors are idiots who believe if they aren't aware of the disease it must be in someone's head.

Personally I think we will begin to see more and more of these strange diseases pop up and spread. We are destroying Mother Nature there is bound to be a consequence. Every day I am sure we unearth bacteria unknown to us.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
With the resurgence of previously eliminated diseases and the advent of new diseases such as this, one has to wonder how much weaponization of biologicals has to do with it all.

Anyone who has ever read Ken Alibek's book on Soviet Cold War research in biological warfare would not be surprised by this sort of thing. Post-Cold War Russia's bio plants were practically abandoned or changed hands during the break-up of the country.

Leslie Stahl of "60 Minutes" did a report several years ago on a lab in the Ukraine. While they were touring the ruins they came across an old refrigerator. Keep in mind that this plant was abandoned and there was no security in place. That refrigerator still contained highly dangerous biologicals including weaponized anthrax.

Personally, I expect to see a great deal more of this sort of thing.

Soviet Bio-Weapons Research - Biohazard by Ken Alibek

The source of Lyme disease (Plum Island) - Lab 257 : The Disturbing Story of the Government's Secret Germ Laboratory by Michael C. Carroll

[edit on 5/12/2006 by Bibliophile]

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
that is too weird!

are there pictures of this anywhere on the net?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Are any other countries reporting cases of this?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Yes, there is plenty of news reports and pics of this disease. See here

www.kxan.com...

www.morgellons.org...

and this last site has some pics and more links to the disease

portland.indymedia.org...

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
There was a lady on ATS a while ago who was asking about this, because her and her mom had it. Poor thing, she was so upset. She said it was contagious, and the Dr.'s kept telling her it was all in her mind. A month or two after that it was on the news here in Kansas City. Another woman with the same thing, and the Dr.'s still kept saying it was all in their head. That they were doing it to themselvs, Im sorry, but this lady had sores with those fiber things on her back, where she couldnt have possable reached. It is terrible. You would be surprised how wide spread this thing is, and still most Dr.'s are saying it is all in their heads.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I find this very interesting. Anytime a new disease pops up, I want to know everything about it, I think that's called "medical student syndrome", hehe. Anyways, I did a search in my university's database, and we actually had a few studies about it in there. Of course, they were in Italian and wouldn't help here, but I found a few links in English, too. It turns out, some nurse has linked this disease to patients with chronic Lyme disease, which knocks your immune system down a bit and makes you more vulnerable to rare diseases, much like AIDS patients developing candidiasis.

Link

This idea was also confirmed in San Francisco.

Link 2

So, in short, don't fret unless you are immunocompromised, hehe.

MFP

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
this topic was discussed already as seen here-------------
posted on 1-3-2005 at 02:05 PM Post Number: 1205137 (post id: 1230173) - printer friendly

Morgellons - Mystery New Skin Disease in US

new topics

top topics

join