It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Veterans March Against The War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
US veterans returned from Iraq march against the illegal war and the things they were ordered to do

www.ivaw.net...

Very moving report on BBC2's Newsnight tonight

Available online from news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I have just watched this report... and am deeply moved and horrified...

poor guys... it heartens me to see how they are taking positive action...

I was looking to see if the video has been posted at the newsnight site... but it is just live feed for now.. check tomorrow...

Has there been any press about these guys in the US?

Q

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Can you remind me which illegal war they're marching against. It wouldn't be the one authorized by Congress, would it?

EVERY BOMB RELEASED OVER IRAQ EXPLODES FROM MOBILE TO NEW ORLEANS

www.ivaw.net...

That quote is not as catchy as "Make Love, Not War," but it's equally idiotic.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Can you remind me which illegal war they're marching against. It wouldn't be the one authorized by Congress, would it?

The US congress is not the world. We agree often Grady, not here. On the international level, this IS an illegal war(Iraq).

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Congress has done a whole bunch of stuff in the last couple of hundred years... like any country... not all that great on an international level. In an age when we try to pretent to have international law... this war was totally illegal...

but that's not just the point here... watch the news item when its posted on the Newsnight website and ask yourself 'Is this just bull guano?' Are these guys fussing over nothing? I see guys desperate for some kind of understanding and absolution... I think they are finding the first within their own social bonds with one another (with therputic benefits)... as for the other...
?

Q

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

The US congress is not the world... On the international level, this IS an illegal war(Iraq).

Yes but Congress along with the President controls the US military, not the world. And therefore anyone in the US military who says the war is illegal is obviously wrong.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Perhaps with the vets protesting it will help end this a little sooner. I doubt it, but all hope is welcome where this war is involved.

I look at those vets though and one glaring discrepancy seems to stand out. The US has been at war for three years now, why are there no POW's? In every war that has ever been fought both sides have ended up with all kinds of prisoners. Not in this one.

They capture civilians and reporters, but not one single soldier has become a pow since Jessica Lynch. That just strikes me as odd.

Not trying to hijack the thread here. The no pows might be a good thread to start though, if anyone wants to start it.

Its good to see the vets fighting for their rights.

top topics

join