It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timber Smuggling With Rockets in Chitral, Pakistan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker PI

Do you think he's being protected by unseen western hands

Actually the opposite, I believe he is protected by Musharraf. Maybe even by China, as China and Musharraf are best buddies.

PS: Is that Rabbit for real ?

Yup, he' for real. He's name is Bodmin. He's living in East Essex, UK.

[edit on 2007/4/3 by Hellmutt]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Actually the opposite, I believe he is protected by Musharraf. Maybe even by China, as China and Musharraf are best buddies.

Musharrafs caught between a rock and a hard place, so I can see him trying to play both ends of the game.

I'am suprised you think China may have their sticky hands in the pot.
Wouldn't something so provocative be suicidal, or do you figure they don't give a damn because Pakistan would take the heat ?

My regards to Bodmin. Does he chase down dogs and cats, he looks like he's capable?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
A missile narrowly missed a relief plane heading for Chitral. The plane and a VIP chopper aborted their mission.

Dawn: Rocket fired on relief plane

A Pakistan Air Force (PAF) transport aircraft and a VIP chopper aborted their missions for Chitral on Thursday after a rocket was fired on one of them near Dir, sources told Dawn.

The PAF C-130 aircraft was taking relief goods to Chitral from the Chaklala airbase when the pilot noticed a rocket missing it while flying over Dir. The pilot aborted the relief mission and returned back to Islamabad after about an hour, the source said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I was wondering if anyone would post about the Bin Laden look alike, because I ran into an interesting article in the Chitral News.

No Bin Laden look alike in Chitral

CHITRAL, 01 May 07: People from all walks of life in Chitral have condemned fresh news reports in a section of the foreign press, which claims that a look alike of Osama Bin Laden namely Sher Akbar resident of Bache Mital Afghanistan has been arrested from Chitral.

With the tourist season approaching many Chitralis believe that there could be a foreign (Indian) conspiracy in spreading this news, to scare tourists away from Pakistan

www.chitralnews.com...

Who's foolin' who?

[edit on 5/3/07 by makeitso]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
"Sabotage" of air service to Chitral. They apparently don't want people to go to Chitral.

Chitral News: Sabotage of Chitral air service

I phoned PIA universal access number and requested for seats on June 5th, flight to Chitral but I was told that there is not even a single seat available till July 2nd . I then went to a travel agent and asked for tickets on request (chance). It was difficult to find seats on chance even, I was however, lucky to have three tickets on request (chance). On June 5th morning I took my family members to the airport and all three of them plus an infant who had to travel, got a chance on the flight. The flight was cancelled due to bad weather in Chitral and when the passengers came out of the lounge I found that in fact there were only 13 passengers traveling on that flight and only 7 of them were holding confirm tickets while the rest were on request including 4 of my family members. I then asked the PIA staff members at Islamabad Airport what was the logic behind denying tickets to travelers on this flight but they had no answer and maintained a meaningful silence.

As a matter of fact it seems that there is really a conspiracy working against this new development which is trying to prove this flight to be a financial burden on PIA and justify it to be worthless.

It's a conspiracy...

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Moonshine, Brainwashing and Talibanization in Chitral

Islamists in Chitral are brainwashing the youth (sometimes by force) and turning them into soldiers. The region is being radicalized by Taliban and Al Qaeda. Training camps and soldier factories all around. Why would Osama not hide there? No need to hide in a cave. I bet he even has internet...

Photo: flickr.com: friend_faraway

International Herald Tribune: A view from the roof of the world

June 28, 2007

Though Pakistani police officials recently stopped soldiers for smuggling the Kalasha version of moonshine to the district capital where it is a favorite at polo matches, the alcohol production, a small source of outside income, has also become a target for hard-line Islamic groups.

The Al-Khidmat Foundation, an off-shoot of the welfare organization set up by the deceased Egyptian mentor of Osama bin Laden, Abdullah Azzam, is a leading actor here. The rigid religious curriculum promoted by the group's political wing, Jamaat-e-Islami, has radicalized the region. In Chitral, as across Pakistan's Northwestern Frontier Province, orphans and impoverished youth are recruited - sometimes by force - for strict schooling. Where several years ago there was one Islamic school, or madrasa, in the three small Kalasha valleys, there are now 16 and many of them feed recruits into the war in Afghanistan.

"We live in a hub of Islamization and so we are being crushed," says Lakshan Bibi, 32, a Kalasha woman who runs a self-help NGO and who was recently kidnapped for ransom. "The Taliban are motivated by George Bush's war on terror. The boys go through a form of military training. It is brainwashing and when they finish they believe they are defending their own culture. And if they have to kill, it will be a source of pride at the cost of our own blood."

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I found an interactive map that allows a good zoomable view of the Chitral area. I thought it may help readers to understand the size of the area Chitral covers, and give them easy access to view the surrounding area.

Place your mouse on the square boxes for info on the marked areas.

Wikimapia

On another note about Chitral - Bin Laden connection, there was a couple of recent articles that I found while looking into a recent disturbance at the Red Mosque in Islamabad Pakistan. The article is about a group called TNSM who's power base is near Chitral.

TNSM'S JIHADI SHADOW OVER LONDON May 11, 2007

There has since then been a significant resurgence in the activities of the TNSM in the Malakand Division of the NWFP and in the Bajaur Agency of the FATA

Many believe that if Osama bin Laden is alive, he would most probably be in the Chitral area of the Malakand region. Of all the Pashtuns of the Pakistan-Afghanistan border region, bin Laden reportedly trusts those of Malakand the most. He considers them to be as loyal to him as his fellow-tribesmen from Yemen/Saudi Arabia are.

US to Hunt the Taliban Inside Pakistan - All Roads Lead to the Red Mosque

a pro-Taliban force named Tehrik-i-Nifaz-i-Shariat-i-Mohammadi (TNSM) has spread rapidly, and its influence ranges from Bajaur, Malakand, Swat Valley and Mingora.

All these pro-Taliban/al-Qaeda zones on the Afghan border have connections with the Lal Masjid (Red Mosque) in Islamabad, run by outspoken brothers Maulana Abdul Aziz and Ghazi Abdul Rasheed. The brothers are openly pro-Taliban and also run large Islamic seminaries for boys and girls.

The Pakistani establishment believes Aziz is in fact the new leader of all the Taliban and al-Qaeda assets spreading through northwestern Pakistan

I posted some background info about the group in this thread. There is a lot more info that there just wasn't enough time to post.

There is enough research material out there to start a very long ATS thread about these groups international attacks IMO.

[edit on 7/3/07 by makeitso]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Remote Controlled Roadside Bombs

A roadside bomb exploded on the Peshawar-Swat highway and killed 4 army personnel. One of them was a Major. Another roadside bomb targeted a convoy on its way to Chitral.

DAWN: Major among four killed in bomb blast

July 6 2007

Four army personnel were killed and another was critically wounded when a military jeep leading a convoy was hit by a roadside bomb near Dargai on the Peshawar-Swat highway on Friday.

Officials suspect that the device fitted to a bicycle parked on the highway in Pull Chowki area was exploded by a remote control.

[---]

A Frontier Corps convoy going to Shandur to provide security to the polo festival escaped a roadside bomb blast in Darora area. The windscreen of a vehicle was damaged but no one was injured.

[---]

Police said the convoy advanced towards Chitral.

And now, the Chitral-Peshawar highway has been closed because of a landslide.

Chitral News: Chitral-Peshawar road cut off

08 Jul 2007

If main road had been blocked any where else in Pakistan it would have been a news flashed by the TV channels but with Chitral it being a routine matter has not been given any importance.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Three Chinese Killed Near Peshawar

Islamic militants killed three Chinese in the outskirts of Peshawar. It might have been a revenge attack over the Mosque siege.

BakuTODAY.net: Suspected militants kill three Chinese in northwest Pakistan

09/07/2007

Suspected Islamic militants Sunday shot dead three Chinese men in northwest Pakistan which security sources said could be a revenge attack over the siege of a radical mosque in Islamabad.

A fourth Chinese man was critically wounded in the assault at their home on the outskirts of Peshawar, the capital of North West Frontier Province bordering Afghanistan.

[---]

"All the attackers were bearded and they fled without looting anything," Peshawar police chief Abdul Majeed Marwat said. He did not say what could be the motive for the attack on the Chinese, who had lived in the area for three years.

The wounded Chinese man said in hospital unknown men entered the house and sprayed bullets at them.