It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Tells Bush - Climate Change Will Destroy Us

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
observer.guardian.co.uk...

Climate change over the next 20 years could result in a global catastrophe costing millions of lives in wars and natural disasters..

* Secret report warns of rioting and nuclear war

* Britain will be 'Siberian' in less than 20 years

* Threat to the world is greater than terrorism

A secret report, suppressed by US defence chiefs and obtained by The Observer, warns that major European cities will be sunk beneath rising seas as Britain is plunged into a 'Siberian' climate by 2020. Nuclear conflict, mega-droughts, famine and widespread rioting will erupt across the world.

[edit on 23-3-2006 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Can we have the link to where this is posted?

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The world governments need to get it together and figure out what to do to save lives. Solid plans need to be made regarding climate change.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Hopefully this will finally wake up the moran. The money wasted on his war on 'terrorism' should be spend on levees, dikes and other infrastructure changes.
Athough I am not convinced CO2 emissions cause global warming, the least we can do is prepare for rougher weather.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Mark Townsend and Paul Harris in New York
Sunday February 22, 2004

the date is interesting isn't it ? makes you wonder how much we are doing right now is driven by the idea of stockpiling/taking control of resources before the climate wars ?

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I don't mean any offense here, but isn't that news paper just a tabloid?

If it isn't, I'm still finding all of that information hard to believe.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
yeah, what a great approach were all going to die from the global climate change....

I heard someone put it this way:

"These scientist aren't very smart evidently, they tell us: "the damage is done, we cannot fix it, the climate is forever changed because of our destructive qualities." Now imagine if you weighed 450 punds and you started a diet, you doctor calls you up and says: "the damage is done you will be fat forever there is no turning back"...are you going to finish that bland salad with vinegar dressing you have been forcing down, or are you going to go out and gorge on loads of junk..."

Put pretty well if you ask me. Why is everyone so negative, if they get out of the gutter and quit being negative we may be able to do something about the problem instead of telling us we are doomed.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I am a firm believer in global warming, but I'm not so sure about abrupt climate change.

Just to play devil's advocate, the date of the article is Sunday February 22, 2004, which was right before the release of The Day After Tomorrow Movie.

Could the article have been viral marketing for the movie?

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Ya see if the govermints dident lie to the public about aliens and all the technolgy theay hide from us....then e would have had a long time to lern more stuff make new cool things and explore space (with alines help) then we could have plenty fo time to build ships and move to other planets when stuff gets bad on Earth......but insted theay lie to us and keep this stuff so when crap dose happon most of us die.....

on second thought even if theay did tell us of aliens i wouldent want to colinize another world and have all the crime and problems we got hear....lets just stock up on can food and if we die we die....lol
sry to sound so grim

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The report was apparently made in October 2003.

This is google's html version of the report...

Climate Change Scenario

or you can read the .pdf file version here

Greenpeace.org

Mod Edit to shorten links.

[edit on 28-3-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
Hopefully this will finally wake up the moran. The money wasted on his war on 'terrorism' should be spend on levees, dikes and other infrastructure changes.
Athough I am not convinced CO2 emissions cause global warming, the least we can do is prepare for rougher weather.

If the ice melts in the polar areas they say the seas will rise 200 ft or about 60 meters. Forget about the dykes it is a waste of time.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
its kind of funny i hear reports of how all the ice will melt and we will all die...

now this talking about Britain with an artic weather............funny how both have respectable scientists saying they have proof of both.....

so who to believe warming or cooling apparently where all going to die anyways. Funny how they all blame bush….though congress is the one who calls all the shots funny ide say. Maybe all this hype is political b/c when you have two groups of people with “scientific” proof its hard to find the real truth.

The true facts are the earth is warming and it has been for thousands of years we are coming to the peek then a global cooling trend. If you believe that the climate will change that much in 20 years…. Idk what to tell you but you have been fooled b/c there is no way it will change that much. Articles like this is just to put a political spin on science and to get a persons name in the headlines and possible for a grant.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Remember You Can't Put a Cap (aka a final answer) on this, Our Climate Has an will go thru Cycles, An unless u have some 600,000 Manuscript telling us how fast an when they happen, i think we need to let the opinons Fly, Becuz there are many factors at work with this wacky exsistance we are involved in, an a number of things can happen between Here ------and----------Here So we need to keep a Open mind an Observant Thoughtwave about all.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
You hear a lot about sea levels rising when the polar ice melts and so on, but I've been thinking, and this may be a stupid question, but, water is the only matter that expands when it goes from liquid to solid right? Shouldn't the sea level drop, or more or less stay the same when all the floating ice melts? It takes up more space in frozen state then in liquid state.

I guess the greatest threat for rising sea levels is all the snow and glaciers that are not allready floating at the moment. Now, how much could this be?

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
your correct all the floating ice sheets will actually lower the sea along with absorbing heat in the process. but no one cares to hear those facts there all concerned about the amount of ice melting on top of land some scientists say it will make the sea rise 1000' come on that’s just political driven science. our climate believe it or not is not constant it is a rollercoaster ride up then down and so on. those who say the climate will do this and the climate will do that have no idea its just a shot in the dark ...look at the weather we can barley predict the weather 24hrs in advance...just watch the weather. and tell me we can look 10..20..30..years in the future and will know what the climate will be like.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
engenerQ:

There are so many things wrong with your post, I'm not sure where to begin... So let's just start here:

Originally posted by engenerQ
scientists say it will make the sea rise 1000' come on that’s just political driven science.

Show me one reputable source that says scientists believe sea levels will rise 1000 feet.

EDIT:

Some light reading... Enjoy!

Rewriting The Science: How the Bush Administration is Lying to You!

SCI/TECH: U.S. Still Silencing Scientists

NOAA hiding truth about hurricanes, scientists say

[edit on 28-3-2006 by loam]

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by StephenR
Ya see if the govermints dident lie to the public about aliens and all the technolgy theay hide from us....then e would have had a long time to lern more stuff make new cool things and explore space (with alines help) then we could have plenty fo time to build ships and move to other planets when stuff gets bad on Earth......but insted theay lie to us and keep this stuff so when crap dose happon most of us die.....

on second thought even if theay did tell us of aliens i wouldent want to colinize another world and have all the crime and problems we got hear....lets just stock up on can food and if we die we die....lol
sry to sound so grim

Good point - if we leave this planet all messed up to colonize another we would be carrying all of our 'human nature' elements with us and inevitably repeat the same mistakes. If we could get an 'evolutionary kick in the face' maybe we could make this planet a true heaven and live together and work together for common good (ie. cure our illnesses, clean water and air, worry-free from war) but without a profit motive many won't stand for it - hey, atleast I tried!!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtlantisAgain
Good point - if we leave this planet all messed up to colonize another we would be carrying all of our 'human nature' elements with us and inevitably repeat the same mistakes.

What's so wrong with human nature anyways? Why are we bound to repeat the same mistake given a entirely new small tribal numbers/level community that will be able to regulate itself properly?

If we could get an 'evolutionary kick in the face' maybe we could make this planet a true heaven and live together and work together for common good (ie. cure our illnesses, clean water and air, worry-free from war) but without a profit motive many won't stand for it - hey, atleast I tried!!!!

This planet can still be a heaven for one and all if we would only stop lining up to get cheated and lied to.
The profit motive is basically a self interest notion and THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH THAT. The more self interested and responsible the average individual becomes the better this world would function. It makes more sense than you think and i would love to elaborate on why self interested action is a not a bad thing at all.

Stellar

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
WOW. What a report.

Re:

'This administration is ignoring the evidence in order to placate a handful of large energy and oil companies,'

I do not think they are ignoring the report at all. I think it's totally obvious they are looting the planet. Big time. I guess they plan to buy their way out of climate change. Like wait til the ice settles and take over the good spots.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
[edit on 30-3-2006 by hadren]

<<   2 >>

join