It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potential A51 user on a game forum?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
On one of the forums I visit from time to time, a game modification for an old FPS called C&C Renegade... I saw a post from one of the trustable staff/vip posters...

HERE

Sighted at 11:55AM EST.
UserErr:d45667srch_val.area51.nellis.af.mil

The area51 caught my eye,I googled it, and came out with this: www.nellis.af.mil...

Just gave me a good laugh.

Perhapse a hoax from a hacker/scripter, or he just is playing a hoax... but he isn't known for doing such a thing.

So the question is... is the Nellis AFB, and specificly A51, linked to the internet? Are they so bored that they are browsing forums? An A51 Employee checking up on his game posts from work?

Opinions? To be honest I doubt its credible, the government knows such things could be traced and obviously tagged... another question arises, why directly tag it A51? Even further questioned, if it was, why would the employee risk logging onto a public forum from the base... a gaming forum at that?

So many questions to this... it probably is just junk, but I thought you people might like it for food for thought.

I THINK I got this in the right forum.

[edit on 18-3-2006 by Foxe]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Not sure if that could be legit. I think we need a networking expert to take a look at it. I'm meant to be one myself, so shhh don't tell anyone

Seriously though, I doubt there would be an internet connection in military bases.. the potential for leakage of files would be huge. If there is a connection in the base, it would connect to other bases only, perhaps a governmental intranet.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
My thought exactly. I was curious to see other peoples opinions though.

Meh, if you are, can I join?
Seriously though... uh... never mind... I don't think Ill post my comment I was thinking of here... not because of you but I dont wanna give people reason to hack me.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I've seen real e-mail messages from the Groom Lake facility. The address doesn't contain "area51" or "nellis."

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
How do you know that it's from the facility itself? May be a proxy.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
That is what makes it fun...No way to know for sure.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The real "Area 51" emails don't have a nellis.af.mil address.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
FYI this wasn't an email though the sane rules would apply.

[edit on 19-3-2006 by Foxe]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk

You already said that, and I questioned how you know for sure?

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
You can see the content in question here (google cache)

It means nothing.

link

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
How do you know that it's from the facility itself? May be a proxy.

Believe in what Shadowhawk says.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Can you tell how looks like that Area 51 email? I mean address after @.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
From a quick look, UserErr:d45667srch_val.area51.nellis.af.mil is a username of a member of that message board. Nothing more than that.

It would appear that this person wanted to choose something interesting and catchy to draw attention. Hey, why not!

While the term "Area 51" is what us non-insiders call the facility, it's actual assigned designation is something most likely completely different. At one time is was referred to as this, but probably only referred to in a lore-like manner by base personnel.

I've seen real e-mail messages from the Groom Lake facility. The address doesn't contain "area51" or "nellis."

Don't forget, despite Area 51 being located on the Nellis Air Force Range, they are two separate facilities. They are not known to be "linked" directly in any external communication.

Base personnel, security detachments, I.L.S., airspace, transport are all separate.

Seriously though, I doubt there would be an internet connection in military bases.

I would be very surprised not to find a military or government installation not connected to the Internet!

This is the digital age, all modern communication is digital. A facility not connected to the Internet would be in the dark ages!

Just because a facility is highly secure, doesn't mean it will restrict every person from Internet access. Internet access would be stringently monitored, ingress/egress would be subject to the highest levels of hardware firewalling and filtering, and no doubt the traffic would be subject to multiple level of proxy.

For all we know, a bored Colonel in Area 51 could be checking out ATS right now with a cup of coffee in his hand while listening to one of SkepticOverlord's podcasts, and he appears in our logs as a web-surfing AOL user in Kentucky....

Originally posted by Foxe
FYI this wasn't an email though the sane rules would apply.

Glad you mentioned that as I think a few people didn't notice.

This is not an e-mail address.

[edit on 19-3-2006 by SimonGray]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Thanks Simon. I was thinking the same thing, but like I stated before, I also wanted to see other peoples opinions on this too. Someone might have known something that I didn't that could change the entire view I saw this from, or not.

On bases NOT having internet connections, yes, they ALL have them. Even the ships in the Navy have mobile connections.

A friend of mine, I won't list his name however or station currently, was a operator for one of the USN's Nuclear Submarines that just sits out in the oceans for long periods of times holding their multiple nuclear war heads in their launch bays.

The first time we talked he was saying how great his job was on that submarine, safe, secure, never seeing any combat. I asked him
"How are you on the internet if your in the submarine?"
the response was "I've been taken off the sub to get a desk job, currently in a barracks now however. The submarines DO have internet communications."
"Ah, I see. How is that done though, Your underwater consistantly in those submarines and I doubt you surface for long... ELF communications still in use? Extremely Low Frequencies, you know, like used for giving the 'fire' commbat, or used in the HAARP Experiments. I doub't they would line up ELF to transfer internet data..."
"I'm sorry, but I can't tell you. It is classified."

My point is, if a nuclear submarine with, lets say, 125 nuclear warheads, can get internet access. Do you not think a classified base would have it too? So I agree 100% with Simon that they DO have them, but probably so many securities and proxys its not even funny.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Project ELF is no longer in service.

Info here: www.nuclearactive.org...

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fugue
Project ELF is no longer in service.

Info here: www.nuclearactive.org...

Like I said, I asked if they were still in use and he did not say yes or no. I was trying to pin him and get a better response.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

You already said that, and I questioned how you know for sure?

Because I have seen email messages to and from "Area 51." They were unclassified. I'm not going to post the address online. There is no need to tempt pranksters or hackers.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Because I have seen email messages to and from "Area 51." They were unclassified. I'm not going to post the address online. There is no need to tempt pranksters or hackers.

Would you please forward these to me so that I can verify your statement.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray

Hmm interesting. Keep us updated Simon.. if you receive them.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray

I don't have them to forward.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join