It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frontline Special on Iraq TONIGHT

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
9 PM EST on PBS...

FRONTLINE traces the roots of the Iraqi war back to the days immediately following September 11, when Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld ordered the creation of a special intelligence operation to quietly begin looking for evidence that would justify the war. The intelligence reports soon became a part of a continuing struggle between civilians in the Pentagon on one side and the CIA, State Department, and uniformed military on the other-a struggle that would lead to inadequate planning for the aftermath of the war, continuing violence, and mounting political problems for the president....

In "Truth, War and Consequences," Chalabi is questioned about the intelligence he provided U.S. officials regarding links between Iraq and Al Qaeda. After first insisting that he had "very strong evidence" in the form of documents proving such a link, Chalabi hesitates when asked to produce the documents for FRONTLINE.

"Well, I've seen it," he says, "but I do not have it in my possession."

Despite months of repeated requests from FRONTLINE, Ahmed Chalabi never showed FRONTLINE the alleged documents. He now says he has the documents, but can't find them.

www.pbs.org...

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by kukla]

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The show is already getting good reviews..

www.philly.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kukla
9 PM EST on PBS...

"Well, I've seen it," he says, "but I do not have it in my possession."

Despite months of repeated requests from FRONTLINE, Ahmed Chalabi never showed FRONTLINE the alleged documents. He now says he has the documents, but can't find them.

www.pbs.org...

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by kukla]

The criminal Ahmed Chalabi should be delivered to Jordan where he would be thrown in prison for a very long time.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The lefties increasingly display their desparation to regain the whitehouse.

Why do they call this public television when the public has nothing to do with it?

I guess that confers some kind of credibility to the whole enterprise doesn't it.

Will the show point out that the approximate six months that Saddam had to play with the coalition was more than enough time to move the eiffel tower from Baghdad to Paris under cover?

Of course NOT!

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   
TheNeo: "Why do they call this public television when the public has nothing to do with it? "

Obviously you don't watch public television because they ALWAYS have pledge drives, because they get most of their money from public donations.

"Will the show point out that the approximate six months that Saddam had to play with the coalition was more than enough time to move the eiffel tower from Baghdad to Paris under cover?

Er, I don't see what the two have to do with each other(do you think the Eiffel Tower is a WMD?), but for your information, the Coalition was only put together 3 days before the invasion. I don't know where you get six months from.

jakomo

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Frontline [2003.10.09] (PBS) - Truht, war and consquences.rar

Enjoy!

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 04:43 AM
link   
www.pbs.org...

Your choice..

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Damn, this is a good ass show. I'm watching it online and I'll have you know, it kept me up watching it, up until 4am. I am almost done watching it (I hope, cause I'm tired! ZzZz). That was some funny ass, #ed up # that happened on the first clip.

How some U.S. troops caught some looters and punished them by shooting up their car and running it the # over with their tank. That was pretty damn funny. You've gotta admit tho, it's pretty damn funny. #ed up, but funny. Then they backed over it again and then gave it back to the looters. Good flick tho!

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   
They destrooyed taxi drivers car, who is now out of job because of these bottom holes.

And you find it funny?

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
They destrooyed taxi drivers car, who is now out of job because of these bottom holes.

And you find it funny?

Actually yeah I DO find it funny, and your point is.....?

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Is it that you can't sympathize with anyone who isn't American? Who isn't white? Who isn't YOU?

Get a perspective.

If this happened to you, if you were this cabbie (taking frickin WOOD), and a bunch of good ole boys in the US Army laughed as they ran over your car and filled it with bullets, how would you feel?

I wonder what this cab driver is doing right now with his time... How does he feel after his first dose of Army-style freedom? How do his kids feel? His wife, his family?

What do they think they can do about it?

I've got an idea what they're doing, and it's killing US soldiers.

jakomo

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Jakomo...

Yeah,

This is the way US Army 'does' the 'Hearts and Minds' today..

You really arent going to get many friends over there is you # peoples lifes over a couple pieces of wood..

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
And also..

In that film there was footage about US troopers shooting and killing unarmed civilians..

10DeadInside10,

Do you find that funny also, you piece of unhumane ****!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Yeah the worst is that they just walk away afterwards, once the dead civilian is trucked away.

Soldier: "He was a peaceful man?"
Iraqi: "Yes yes, no gun."
Soldier: "Okay. (to other soldier) He was a bystander."

They turn their backs and walk away.

NOTHING, no apology, no expression of remorse. It made me angry, just imagine what it makes your average Iraqi feel.

Or how it makes his family feel.

Soldiers are there to shoot and destroy the enemy, police are there to serve and protect. Once you get soldiers doing police duties, you're asking for trouble.

Trouble is what they've got, unfortunately. They ought to get the heck outta there.

jakomo

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I got a chance to watch it Thursday night on PBS.

The incident in the street Jakomo refers to was ill, but at the same time they were in a shoot-out. They were under attack and as we say in the hood "a bullet aint got no name on it" so you better hit the floor.

The incident that was really sad for me was the two cars that got shot-up. The one with the innocent family in it--mother, father, and child all dead. That's sickening.

The show was excellent. As for Frontline being liberal, I don't think so. They gave all the parties airtime. And the full interviews are available on the website just in case you think the editing made the report bias.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Somebody show me the face that was censored in online edition?

There was some black and txt: "footage not available online"

Who were they hiding?

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
Somebody show me the face that was censored in online edition?

There was some black and txt: "footage not available online"

Who were they hiding?

Hey yeah I saw that too. I was watching that too and saw the damn black screen and words. I just thought it was a glitch at first, but then I saw it was a long time in the movie. Anyone know what that was?

And FULCRUM, I don't really appreciate you talking to me the way you are. Don't you know how to show people respect?

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I too thought the whole piece was excellent.
I have most of the airing on tape..so if there's indication that some is being censored..I might be able to get the broadcast on a mpg..

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 10DeadInside10

And FULCRUM, I don't really appreciate you talking to me the way you are. Don't you know how to show people respect?

I dont give my respect to those who dont deserve it.

And you being a bottom hole about thats mans life ruined over frocking burning wood just took that advantage away from you.

My respect must be earned.. until then you are just dirt to me.

The censored person sounded like Saddams SON-IN-LAW..

But he is supposed to have been killed by Saddam two times already.. so..

but KUKLA..

If you could give us one that would be great!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
its on vhs...it would take prepare, since I don't have a vid capture card.. but if ppl really wanted it, i can pan it out..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join