It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

666=Jesus Christ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I have studied many biblical subjects from creation to the end times, but this is one article could cause many things I've considered truths to be turned on its ear...more specifically the "mark of the beast". If you can bear with the article, there is startling evidence that 666=Jesus Christ. If you study the Bible, then you will understand the need to use the original manuscripts. In this case, the New Testament was written in Greek and Aramaic.
"...the number of his name is six hundred three score and six..."

Oops...here's the link
www.revelations.org.za...&A5.htm#666

[edit on 20-2-2006 by BadMojo]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Hebrew Gematria gives 777 (same as YHVH if I'm correct).

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Please provide some sort of citation of what the best evidence is for the arguement that the webpage presents.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Nygdan, I have a question to you- is that chick on your avatar you?

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
666 is the number of The Beast, 668 is the neighbor of the beast. Is Jesus the neighbor of the devil????

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Then the beast would In fact be good, Infact the son of GOD and Infact the one who died for are Sins, Infact not tempted by the beast, Infact did not teach of the beast, Infact Is not pure love and compasion, did not Infact walk on water.....................ect

And people wonder why GOD has such a bad name amoung some people

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
His Hebrew (original language) name is Yeshuah. "Jesus" was a transliteration of a Greek god (the New Testament was written in Greek and Aramaic). At least read the article if you're gonna comment. Good grief...

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard that Jesus' number was 396.

Subtract the first # of Jesus from the first # of Satan, second # of Jesus from second # of Satan, and henceforth. If you do this, you will get 3, -3, and 0. Add these all together and you get 0, meaning that the power of God and Satan cancel each other out to form a manifestation of both, which is man/woman.

This is probably wrong, but I think I read this in a book somewhere.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The original KJV has 666 versus heh.

You could consider Christ to be the antichrist. As he was created by man, he uncovered God, his secret teachings should have never been wrote.

Before real prophets there are false prophets, what does this say about his prophets?

Before there is Christ there is the antichrist?

Did he create the beast by believing in a beast or antichrist?

How and why did Jesus Christ become son of God and not JoJo from down the block? Doesn't most bibles say not to worship a man in place of God?

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
Nygdan, I have a question to you- is that chick on your avatar you?

Heh heh, no, its not me. My words seem sweeter with that avatar attached to them eh!?
Hell, I'd agree with whatever she had to say!

Its 'Bipasha Basu', an indian actress.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
NSA

Yeshua is YHWH "in the flesh". Jesus Christ is a transliteration the Greek used when translating. His Hebrew name is Yeshua (Joshua). It does not alter the fact of who He is, or what He has done. But, we are not to pray to ANY OTHER GOD...Jesus Christ. I'm not saying this information is correct and true, but based up on the Greek manuscripts it is startling to say the least.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This whole thread strikes a chord of Luciferianism. This sect postulates - among other things - that Lucifer's redemption shall be bought by redeeming man. That God has seperated Himself from man. Following this tenuous train of 'logic', Christ would then have been sent by Lucifer.

As a Catholic, I find this repugnant. Intellectually, I have confidence in the teachings of the church. Has there been evil within the church? I am sure of it. Is there now? Unfortunately, there are far too many articles that deal with individual MEN who have done heinous acts - either through commission of these acts or by obfuscating the crimes of others. I don't see a mass conspiracy or deeply rooted evil within the fabric of the church, however.

Finally, the Book of Revelations as prophecy is suspect on many levels. Christ Himself said that He would return as a "thief in the night". He said that there would be no more prophets as He was the fufillment of all prophecies. Many historians - myself included - believe that Revelations was written as an elaborate allegory for the trials of Christians at the time of it's writing. The connections between historical events and the imagery of Revelations is apparent with little effort. The struggle?

We have Free Will. Part of the price of this freedom is the constant stuggle between good and evil - or sometimes, Good and Evil. Revelation is a constant in our lives. We struggle against the demons within and without. Is there great evil in the world? You bet. Does is seek to subvert us? I believe it does. Is Christ a shill for Satan? Nonsense. If this were true, than He ended the struggle for men's souls. After all, The Roman Catholic church alone has about 1/6 of the world's population as adherents. Factor in all the other Christian denominations, this is a big chunk of the world. What's evil waiting for? 100%?

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
We have no free will. God predetermined everything before everything was. Any statement to the contrary is to say that God is not all powerful.

As for lucifer, there is no such character. There is The Adversary, also known as Satan and the great dragon. The Hebrew word for lucifer is hay-lale' (phonetic), which is derived from the Hebrew root haw-lal' (phonetic). Given the context of the ONLY appearance of this word in the Bible, it was used to describe the king of Babylon; foolish or boastful.

For a real "lid flipper", read Michael Vinson's commentary on The Revelation of Jesus Christ. He explains this very important book verse-by-verse; word-by-word. He does not use ANY outside sources to corroborate the text; only the Word itself. If you are so inclined, it is well worth the read in my opinion.

Oops...forgot the link
www.iswasandwillbe.com...

[edit on 20-3-2006 by BadMojo]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I disagree. The verse in Isaiah is dual reference and cannot apply in it's entirety to Nebuchadnezzer. The King of Babylon is treated (much like Abraham and Isaac) as a "type" of Christ- he reedms himself, get's his kingdom back (does the prophecy in Isaiah not say that Lucifer would be cast aside to the pit like an abominable branch?) and then goes to battle against the prince of Tyre who is in turn defeated (a "type" of Satan). This is very clear if you read Daniel in which Nebuchadnezzer is clearly pardoned and restored to a good standing before God. In fact Daniel's source of Revelation clearly says he was fighting on the side of an earthly kingdom along with his other angelic companions, which Satan opposed with another empire. It all fit's in. Nimrod, Pharaoh, and so forth- all types of Satan (who loves empires). Is not the Antichrist a king gone berserk in a huge tyranny? Lastly, Lucifer was interpreted by ancient rabbinic sources as the covering Cherub in a plot against the almighty by upsetting the mercy seat , this is the belief of Christianity- nothing changed(the name Lucifer is also a Canaanite God in case many of you don't know, which lends credence to the view that Isaiah was like Elijah slandering a pagan idol by calling them demons, which is ok for me
to be honest). It's a parable to some degree, people should pay attention to the Bible, every single little tiny detail matters. Every detail, even those genealogies which people just skip over have more info than just who was born from who and when.

ps: 666 is a sacred number to Muslims. It supposedly illustrates the Quran's "mathematical miracle". Interesting if you ask me.

[edit on 23-3-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Kind of like 216 being the code to God or some sort of link to Gods true name. Or as I look at it, the uncovering of God. In the movie Pi they make reference to a formula set to run in a computer and when it goes through this formula to reach 216 it sees itself for what it is and deconstructs. Now my question is why would one person be coded this way? Because it was wrriten. Why was it written? Form.

Originally posted by Nakash

ps: 666 is a sacred number to Muslims. It supposedly illustrates the Quran's "mathematical miracle". Interesting if you ask me.

[edit on 23-3-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I find it interesting since in Hebrew gematria 6 is the number of man (imperfection). Triple anything illustrates an enormous magnitude. Thus 666 is the number of extreme human imperfection. In Islam it is taken as the number of human perfection (in this case of a specific person- Muhammed, and his skill as a prophet also the perfection of his work). A strange coincidence.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
You guys must not have got the memo that the number 666 in the printed Bible was wrong. Might want to do an ATS search on it.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It's not wrong. Your probably considering that old codex with the scribal error of 616 on it, that's an old topic and we have older more reliable editions with the 666. 616 has no cosmological significance in the ancient world, 666 however does.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
do you mean based on this 616 story? It has been discussed but by all means nothing is proven about that. It seems many people now suddenly believe 616 to be the number of the beast, while all I've seen everywere is jus an acceptance of the theory that 666 might not be the right number.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It can't be 616 simply because when all texts (including the oldest ones) give you 666, a number with deep rooted symbolisms past,present and future why should you take 616 which is a random meaningless number more easily attributable to a scribal error?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join