It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda Establish Islamic State In Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Apparently Al Qaeda has declared the establishment of an Islamic State in the North Waziristan province of Pakistan. They claimed to have gained a significant base from which to launch attacks against the coalition forces in Afghanistan.

The Times of India: Al Qaeda establish 'Islamic state' in Pak province

February 12, 2006

After taking "virtual control" of the entire North Waziristan province of Pakistan, Taliban and Al Qaeda have recently "declared" the establishment of an 'Islamic State' in the area and gained a major base for their operations against the US-led forces in Afghanistan

by "taking control of virtually all of Pakistan's North Waziristan tribal area on the border with Afghanistan, the Taliban have gained a significant base from which to wage their resistance against US-led forces in Afghanistan.

..."At the same time, the development solidifies the anti-US resistance groups in Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan, which will now fight under a single strategy"

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Is this really true? Is this just ugga-bugga? I thought Al Qaeda and the Taliban was as good as dead meat. If this report is correct, then Al Qaeda is far from dead. Musharraf has never been interested in catching Bin Laden. He actually said that he didn´t want the US to catch Bin Laden in Pakistan. He has also said that Al Qaeda does not exist in Pakistan at all. Musharraf has said a lot of things...

Related ATS Threads:
Musharraf: Catch Bin Laden Somewhere Else
Musharraf: Al-Qaeda Does Not Exist In Pakistan Anymore
Musharraf: Get Yourself Raped And Go To Canada

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Musharraf rules a land that is a breeding ground for extreme wahabbi islam.

Even though he is in the pockets of the U.S, Pakistans people are among the most anti u.s in the east.

This does not surprise me one bit.

One has to ask why such an ally of the states has not only let O.B.L to hide in his country he has also allowed Al Qaeda to set up camp.

Surley this should be unacceptable?

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Musharreff is a good man in my opinion. Even before 9-11 he was helping to avoid a conflict with India over the Kushmir province, land that is claimed by both.

I believe that he came to power through a cout de tat, which America was mostly behind with funding and propoganda.

He is in a very precarious position, his population wants to revolt and join the Extremists...the earthquake didn't help in this matter...and could have been seen as by them as an act of god's wrath. If Pakistan falls to Extremism, the little war that America instigated will turn into a World Wide Conflageration of Muslims vs. The West. The West not realizing that they are engaged in an all out holy war...the Final Crusade!

We Want Mushareff on that Wall.... We NEED Mushareff on that wall!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm not sure I'd call him a good man, but he's certainly our man, and to be honest, that's good enough for now, although it can't last forever.

Pakistan is at risk of coming apart at the seems. They've shown a little improvement over the last few years, but their infrastructure is still shot, they still can't control the Western provinces (they never really could as far as I know). Above all, they've still got a coupster who is unmistakably on America's strings running the show, and every time we do anything that upsets the Pakistanis, it makes things harder on him.

It is entirely possible that Pakistan could succomb to revolution if Musharaff doesn't play his cards right at every turn. He can't trust the ISI, he can't trust his neighbors, he can't trust some of his own citizens in the West, and none of the above can trust him.

It is possible that he'll wake up dead someday, and that may or may not be the beginning of an Islamic government. The question in my mind is, are the US and India prepared for such an event, and what is the plan? Can we ride out a revolution in a nuclear nation which does not yet have direct deterence against us? Do we hit their weapons? Find some way to disable them? Rely on MAD?

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I read the same report yesterday but they did not mention Al-qeada, just the Taliban. This is not ugga-buggah. Who do you think it is we are fighting in Iraq?

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
This is a ploy and gambit by Al-Qaeda and/or the Taliban, which incidentally, is apart of Al-Qaeda anyhow.

What is the quickest way to obtain nukes?
No...not following the path of Iran and building them.
No...not the international blackmarket.
No...not by way of rogue independents in Russia or the like.

The quickest way is to find a nice Muslim country that has them and is in a state of constant flux and near-instability. What suits the bill? Pakistan.

Dis-stabilize the Musharraf regime a bit more, and opps.....there topples another infidel menace to so-called Muslim rational society.
The toppling of the Musharraf government will cause those once-secured nukes to become unsecured and easily obtained and dispersed, for possible later use.

Just a theory people....

seekerof

[edit on 13-2-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
This is a ploy and gambit by Al-Qaeda and/or the Taliban, which incidentally, is apart of Al-Qaeda anyhow.

No...not following the path of Iran and building them.
No...not the international blackmarket.
No...not by way of rogue independents in Russia or the like.

The quickest way is to find a nice Muslim country that has them and is in a state of constant flux and near-instability. What suits the bill? Pakistan.

Dis-stabilize the Musharraf regime a bit more, and opps.....there topples another infidel menace to so-called Muslim rational society.
The toppling of the Musharraf government will cause those once-secured nukes to become unsecured and easily obtained and dispersed, for possible later use.

Just a theory people....

seekerof

[edit on 13-2-2006 by Seekerof]

If true, this is a Very Disturbing development.

As I recall, most of Pakistan's nuclear weapons research and storage facilities are in the northern portion of the country. Much of the Pakistani military is said to support the radical factions of Islam engendered by OBL. OBL has a great deal of popular support amoung the population of Pakistan.

Should regions of the country in which nuclear weapons are currently stored "fall" to radical Islamic factional control, I fear the threat of "nuclear terrorism" could easily become a reality.

Even if Al Qaeda sympathyzers in the Pakistan military do not turn over a nuke to OBL, a distinct possibility if the region in which the nuke is stored has been taken over by Taliban/AQ forces; there is the increased likelyhood that a weapon could be "lost while in transit" as Mushariff hastilly evacutes his nukes from "threatened"areas.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I recently saw a biography Musharraf on the history channel..
A few pointers:

1). Musharraf was the mastermind behind the Kargil infiltration/war.
2). Mordern Kashmiri islamic militancy is Musharraf's brainchild, but he isn' t too fond of Islamic fundametalism.
3). After 9/11 he got arm-twisted by the US soo bad, that he supported the afghan invasion.
4). Now the militants regard him as the great traitor and his only saving grace w.r.t. them, are the insurgency operations in Kashmir.
5)From India's perspecive as of now, he is he best man for his job, because if he is toppled the only entity capable of filling the power vaccuum are the fanatics. And thats the worst possible thing that can happen to India.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Agree it's worrying.

Historically Taliban were very anti Al Quida and wanted them out but recognised AQ had some very powerful friends that made them too difficult to take on.

Not sure who these powerful friends were but at the time AQ were hiding in all those secret training camps built by the CIA which USAF couldn't locate

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous
Agree it's worrying.

Historically Taliban were very anti Al Quida and wanted them out but recognised AQ had some very powerful friends that made them too difficult to take on.

Uh yeah.... the Taliban wanted Al Qaida out of Afghanistan so badly that the Taliban leader handed one of his daughters to marry Osama bin Laden to cement ties, not to mention having Al Qaida members serve with the Taliban forces aka 055 Brigade. Yep, the Taliban leader hated Osama bin Laden.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I suppose if they are setting up camps, or bases, or whatever we should have some pretty clear targets.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Good to see you couldn't stay away

I have to say I agree with your post.

With all the hysteria over Iran, I still think if terrorists get their hand on a nuke it will be Pakistani and not Iranian in origin. While Musharraf is no doubt quite sincere in his desire to cooperate with the US, he sits atop a restive population where Islamist fanaticism has a great deal of support. His own national security apparatus is riddled with Islamists - remember it was the ISI, Pakistan's equivalent of the CIA, that helped put the Taliban into power in the first place.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Wow! After reading this thread I am really scared for the future, because as it was said, Mushareff's govt. is not strong no matter how much support the US give to pakistan...their people are ready to Revolt!!!

If I was India I would be crapping my pants right now. In case you forgot AFTER 9-11 The Pakistan Terror Group suicide bombed the Indian Parliment Building.

You see people...this is the reason why we need to STOP nuclear proliferation.

Sure, your country may be stable now...but anything can happen in the future.

Why haven't the terrorist masterminds figured this out yet?

Makes you wonder who is pulling the strings.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This is indeed very scary. How did india and pakistan get nukes in the first place?

join