It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. spying on Americans who disagree with Bush policies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The Director of Truth Project Inc has gone before a panel of House Democrats and stated his and other groups have been spied upon although they have no links to terrorism.

He claims that agents went through garbage, read emails and listened to private conversations.

The Truth Project Inc group came under scrutiny by the government after going to a meeting and discussing ways to counter military recruitment at high schools.

Source

While the White House defended domestic surveillance as a safeguard against terrorism, a South Florida peace activist and several Democrats in Congress accused the Bush administration on Friday of spying on Americans who disagree with President Bush's policies.

Richard Hersh, of Boca Raton, director of Truth Project Inc. of Palm Beach County, told an ad hoc panel of House Democrats that his group and others in South Florida have been infiltrated and spied upon despite having no connections to terrorists.

"Agents rummaged through the trash, snooped into e-mails, packed websites and listened in on phone conversations," Hersh charged. "We know that address books and activist meeting lists have disappeared."

I think this is more outrageous behavior by the government. In my opinion protesting the recruitment at high schools is not an offense that warrants the loss of privacy by the gov't, although I can understand their dismay at the possible reduction in numbers of live bodies for the war machine.

The above source requires registering but the article was reposted here.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by redhat]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
What a travesty. These people should be tried in a Nuremburg like trial and hung. These people are traitors to America.

Trying to subvert the US constitution, and install martial law...

Having us in a phony war for global conquest.....

Purposelfully lying to us, and brainwashing us into going along with it....

You people are going to hell! You have created hell!

I dont wanna hear Bush is some conservative.....every government pimp- rape program has been doubled in size! Tripled! Just look at the NSA and FEMA!

The borders are wide open, the government has confiscated guns around New Orleans already, and are planning that for the entire country.

He has a war on phony terror going....oh yea real conservative.

Bush and his little minions and masters will rot in hell where they belong. Soon you will see them ousted from power, and the power will go back to us, the people! WE are the real power. Not them.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by LetKnowledgeDrop]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
So , all this talk about not spying on Americans is not true? Our president blatantly said yesterday that only some "overseas" calls linked to Al Qaeda were being tapped.

Of course, its not true. I think you have to beleive your lies to be able to face the masses and tell them outright lies to their faces. And he's doing it all this week.

But hey, the source must be wrong. Right?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The Republicans might get ousted from power but that only leaves the Democrats. Not a real big difference there IMO. Voting third party is the only way to get out of this loop of a two party system that has been created in the USA.

As far as the spying, thank the Patriot Act and all the people who said 'if you're not doing anything wrong, what do you have to worry about?' Well, for one, I've been worried since day one and I am NOT doing anything wrong. There are privacy acts for a reason or do we want to go back to McCarthyism?

p.s. Vote LIBERTARIAN!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Our current societal structure will change drastically. There will be no more left-right paradigm. The change is slowly but surely happening. Look how much trouble they are in now! Its only a matter of time....

Things will change soon. All the information ive gathered over the years lead meto believe that.

As bad as it might seem now, know that it is in its last stages, the dark ones are desperate to hold on to the power its had over our world for so long. It is happening. We are moving into the light, and its a great time to be alive! A reality greater than any of us can imagine is awaiting us! All we need to do is shake this last dark force from power.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I once made a comment that Britain should be on the terrorist group list along with the IRA, that we were hypocrites for only putting the IRA on the list. My reasoning was that both groups commited assasinations to intimidate or press a political beleif(which is defined as terrorism).

About 5 minutes later, my computer got hacked. It started to download something, and then it started to play a futuristic high tech sound.

I suspect my internet has been monitored ever since. I notice things get deleted from my computer. Some websites seem to load abnormally slow. My posts would always get 5-100 views immediatly after I posted them. My internet on my computer cuts out for certain periods while my home network is largely unnaffected.

They can and will monitor you for whatever they want-- with or without a court warrant. And it proves that they data mine and read everything that gets put onto the internet. And it proves they will tap your computer in VERY short order.

And they will do it based on your polticial beleifs(in my case thinking Britain should be on the US's terrorist organization list).

I am a US citizen btw. Maybe it was the MI5 noobs playing around with my computer and committing espionage on US citizens. I think my own government.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Oh yeah not to mention the two British ladies who came to my house (in the US) trying to sell my family soap in a door to door sales pitch. Conveinant? Nah.

Pathetic. And the US should be ashamed for allowing foreign countries to operate their spies on US soil. If they werent British, they were American. If they werent American, then that means Britain can track people down in the US by their internet postings. WHich means they infiltrated the internet service providers to get personal information (since you cant track me down to my address on an IP alone).

Which brings up the possibility that maybe the US allows a country like Britain access to US citizens personal information.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
If this were really true, and especially to the extent claimed in this thread, then a lot of ATS members are being watched at this very moment.

Say, what's that white van parked down your street been doing there for so long

And the cattle cars and secret camps supposedly being prepared for all those anti-Bushies. We haven't talked about those in awhile.

Maybe it's not too late. They might not have noticed you yet.

Better repent while you still can.

[edit on 1/24/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
If this were really true, and especially to the extent claimed in this thread, then a lot of ATS members are being watched at this very moment.

Say, what's that white van parked down your street been doing there for so long

And the cattle cars and secret camps supposedly being prepared for all those anti-Bu#es. We haven't talked about those in awhile.

Maybe it's not too late. They might not have noticed you yet.

Better repent while you still can.

LOL. You want to talk about white vans?

Guess who moved into the house behind mine? Someone who parked a BIGASS RV Camper in his yard about 50 feet from my house.

Conspiracy conspiracy.

If it wasnt illegal, I would do a stealth infiltration and try to find out if the RV wasnt just a big spymobile.

Lol but im not that paranoid, it could just be a legitimate bigass RV camper.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LetKnowledgeDrop
What a travesty. These people should be tried in a Nuremburg like trial and hung. These people are traitors to America.

Trying to subvert the US constitution, and install martial law...

Having us in a phony war for global conquest.....

Purposelfully lying to us, and brainwashing us into going along with it....

You people are going to hell! You have created hell!

I dont wanna hear Bush is some conservative.....every government pimp- rape program has been doubled in size! Tripled! Just look at the NSA and FEMA!

The borders are wide open, the government has confiscated guns around New Orleans already, and are planning that for the entire country.

He has a war on phony terror going....oh yea real conservative.

Bush and his little minions and masters will rot in hell where they belong. Soon you will see them ousted from power, and the power will go back to us, the people! WE are the real power. Not them.

Uh....since Yahoo and MSN have handed over their hard drives to the Government to "catch pedophiles" (Yeah-right!)...and surely others will follow...maybe you should lighten up.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The US spies on everyone Pro-Bush, Anti-Bush, Dem, Rep, American, Foriegn whatever and has been doing so for years.

The NSA has had the ability to interecept just about every electronic message for awhile. Email, Cellphones,Faxes you name it its all captured by systems like Echelon billions of messages that are then devored and sifted through by complex computer programs.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImplementOfWar
I once made a comment that Britain should be on the terrorist group list along with the IRA, that we were hypocrites for only putting the IRA on the list. My reasoning was that both groups commited assasinations to intimidate or press a political beleif(which is defined as terrorism).

About 5 minutes later, my computer got hacked. It started to download something, and then it started to play a futuristic high tech sound.

I suspect my internet has been monitored ever since. I notice things get deleted from my computer. Some websites seem to load abnormally slow. My posts would always get 5-100 views immediatly after I posted them. My internet on my computer cuts out for certain periods while my home network is largely unnaffected.

They can and will monitor you for whatever they want-- with or without a court warrant. And it proves that they data mine and read everything that gets put onto the internet. And it proves they will tap your computer in VERY short order.

And they will do it based on your polticial beleifs(in my case thinking Britain should be on the US's terrorist organization list).

I am a US citizen btw. Maybe it was the MI5 noobs playing around with my computer and committing espionage on US citizens. I think my own government.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by SoLaR513]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
The Republicans might get ousted from power but that only leaves the Democrats. Not a real big difference there IMO. Voting third party is the only way to get out of this loop of a two party system that has been created in the USA.

As far as the spying, thank the Patriot Act and all the people who said 'if you're not doing anything wrong, what do you have to worry about?' Well, for one, I've been worried since day one and I am NOT doing anything wrong. There are privacy acts for a reason or do we want to go back to McCarthyism?

p.s. Vote LIBERTARIAN!!!!!!

Hell, who needs the Patriot Act? And who says you have to be anti-Bush to get spied on? The Government now has the hard drive "search" tapes from half a dozen of the Biggest ISPs in the country. All they did was demand...and the ISPs folded. That's sick!

Now, I'm a law-abiding Conservative, and even I'M concerned about this. Wiretapping a few thugs is small potatos compared to having the search history of MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of otherwise innocent citizens in your hands.

Innocent that is, until the government decides to outlaw such places like KKK sites, Activist sites, Ultra Liberal sites, Ultra Conservative sites, ULtra Religious sites, Ultra Secular sites, hell you name it! And now they have the search history to prove you've gone there!

Remember the Federal Firearms Ban? I had many a friend tranformed into a Felon literally overnight. Because they owned guns found on the list, they were contacted by mail, TOLD THEY WERE FELONS, and ordered to turn in their guns or face prison time. BTW, this is in California, under Liberal Rule.

Why isn't the Press leaning on the Government over THESE issues??. Maybe because the Liberals had this plan in mind all along too??

[edit on 1-2-2006 by Toelint]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Liberals and conservatives are two sides of the same coin. Higher being forbid that people think for their selves and decide what is right or wrong.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Just one more step closer to Big Brother.

We need an independant, green party, someone other than a Democrat or Republican in the White House.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   

"Agents rummaged through the trash, snooped into e-mails, packed websites and listened in on phone conversations," Hersh charged. "We know that address books and activist meeting lists have disappeared."

It sounds like they are well-equipped in counter-espionage for such a "peaceful" group. They can detect phone, internet, and computer taps. They have apparently surveilled/apprehended agents at their trash receptacle.

They even have psychic powers.

How else would they know that the "disappearing" items were taken by agents?

The Talon database was not constructed using active spying methods. It consists mostly of "uncomfirmed reports".

Although officials defended the Pentagon's interest in gathering information about possible threats to military bases and troops, one senior official acknowledged that a preliminary review of the database indicated that it had not been correctly maintained.

"On the surface, it looks like things in the database that were determined not to be viable threats were never deleted but should have been," the official said. "You can also make the argument that these things should never have been put in the database in the first place until they were confirmed as threats."

The program, known as Talon, compiles unconfirmed reports of suspected threats to defense facilities.

Does anyone have info that the Truth Project has solid proof of active spying against them? Or is it simply baseless accusations resulting from one entry in the database?

[edit on 2/2/2006 by eaglewingz]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Do you have proof that they dont? Okay, then we can all make all the baseless assumptions that we want and speculate untill we are blue in the face. But tell me this, do you think it is beyond the government to spy on people?

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Why does the government need to spy on ordinary folks like you and me. We have jobs, go to school, have families, we just live our lives like everyone else. Reguardless of your opinion, I'm sure these Govt spying programs scan for "hot" words. Such as bomb, assasinate, blow up and the such. While everything is not always cut and dry, you make it sound like you are all afraid you are going to be taken away to some prison camp somewhere just becuase you have differering opinions from that of the current administration. Like they didnt expect some to disagree with their policies. No administration expects to have 100% support from its people and never will. If I were President I wouldnt expect to have the support of everyone, would you? It wouldnt make me want to waste money and resources spying on everyday folks who for the most part just live their lives, obey the law, and dont bother anyone else(Which is almost everyone).

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
Why does the government need to spy on ordinary folks like you and me. We have jobs, go to school, have families, we just live our lives like everyone else. Reguardless of your opinion, I'm sure these Govt spying programs scan for "hot" words. Such as bomb, assasinate, blow up and the such. While everything is not always cut and dry, you make it sound like you are all afraid you are going to be taken away to some prison camp somewhere just becuase you have differering opinions from that of the current administration. Like they didnt expect some to disagree with their policies. No administration expects to have 100% support from its people and never will. If I were President I wouldnt expect to have the support of everyone, would you? It wouldnt make me want to waste money and resources spying on everyday folks who for the most part just live their lives, obey the law, and dont bother anyone else(Which is almost everyone).

It wouldnt be the first time in history people were killed for dissagreeing with the government,remember Hitler?

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hello Frinds:

There are a lots of posting about this here, to me most of the people
in the states are been told that they must give away some of their
freedoms as a person to be free of terrorist hits like the one on 9/11.
This people have no idea of to what they are allowing the governtment
to do. Oh they went true my trash!!, hey how come all my mail is been open!!, Why is that car with government licens plates siting in front of my
home. This people will be asking.
Before long they are going to be telling us what to read,eat or even what
tv shows you can see!!
The government is waching every thing you do, to people in their list and to
people in general radomly!!
I been telling you guys -We need to start geting people out of office before it is to late.
Fear the government that fears the People!!

[edit on 2/2/2006 by warriorwolfpr]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join