It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Al-Jazeera Aires New Bin Laden Tape

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Have there been any audio only tapes from BL in the past?

There has been debate over the question of BL actually still being alive, if someone wanted to be passed off as BL using an audio tape would mean they would only have to disguise his voice.

In that case, if the audio only tape is unusual then how do we know this is BL?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
CNN is now reporting that military officials have determined that the tape is in fact OBL.

The above being the case; I think he released to tape solely for the purpose to gain media attention from the US's alleged shooting of his number two man and perhaps others.

No doubt al jazeera had it on the shelf waiting to air it once obl asked to have it aired.

Experts are now saying and I have to wonder how they can figure it out but CNN is reporting the tape was recorded in Sep. How on earth they can determine the month it was made by sound to me is highly questionable.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
netchicken, the man hasn't appeared in a video in well over a year. December of '04 was the last time we heard from him on audio and right before the elections we had a video from him.

shots, they use lots of factors in determining the date but usually the visuals make it a bit easier. I would imagine they picked up on specific things said and worked backwards toward the reference and went with a date from there. if this was recorded in september, it means they have been planning an attack on us soil for at least 3 or 4 months now.

is it a bit odd that he warns that they are planning right when we get that announcement that a wmd on US soil is likely to happen? I think so.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
"....Bush is low in the ratings, the only thing the republicans have got going for them is this war on terror and so now their dragging this out again. Have you guys noticed that Bin laden is Bush's greatest political buddy? Anytime Bush gets low in the ratings out comes Bin Laden waving. God their getting so predictable."

REPLY: The rating were up before the tape; Research....

Al-Jazeera is just a mouthpiece for Al-Queda anyway.

Howard Dean is a barking moonbat. Thank God (or your creator of choice) he's not in office in any real position anymore. Don't get me wrong.... I'm glad he's there on the Dems side. He just might be the one responsible for the Conservatives gaining more seats in the mid-term elections. Thanks, howard!

".... Need a distraction from impending impeachment?"

REPLY: Never happen. The wiretaps are legal according to wartime law. Sorry.

".... Scandals in the GOP?

REPLY: Nope.... on both sides. Scandals are not equal to proven crimes. Sorry!

".... Short of conventional methods to continue the WOT? Need an excuse to roll out the nukes?"

REPLY: We wouldn't need nukes. It'd take about 24 hours to take Iran; 4 hours to get it done, and 20 hours to stop laughing. Okay.... maybe 6 hours. No need to turn Iran into green glass. It would be very counter-productive.
By the way, it's not like we want to go to war with Iran. There anr many thousands of people, mostly young people, that want to see a democratic, non-secular government there.
Also, If you haven't noticed, the U.S. has allowed the U.N. and the EU to deal with Iran for over a year. Tolerance and appeasement never works, but it's OK to try. War in never the first option.

OBL said: ".... and operations in Afghanistan are on the rise in our favour, praise be to God."

REPLY: What a joke.... 80% of his main people are dead or captured; and any "God" who says it's ok to kill innocent men, women and children is a devil; a pig.

OBL said: ".... the flow of hundreds of billions to the influential people and war merchants in America, who supported Bush's election campaign with billions of dollars."

REPLY: Blatant lies. The guy's an idiot still living along with "his" people in the 16th century. He's actually a figurehead; Al-Zawaheri is the guy to watch out for, and the one leading most all of the operations.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Sounds like he made a couple good points to me. Maybe we should listen for a change, instead of reacting out of fear as usual.

Otherwise, it's just the same old program:

BEGIN_CYCLE:
If ELECTION_YEAR = TRUE Then
CALL binLadenTapeRoutine()
CALL FearTacticsMod()
For CitizenCount = 1 to NumberOfCitizensInAmerica
ClingToGeorgesSkirt
VoteAccordingly
Next
Else
SilenceTilNextElection
End If
Let CitizenCount = 1
GoTo BEGIN_CYCLE

Sorry, but it seems to me that this can go on indefinitely. We have to somehow get a grip on this problem and not become paralyzed every time bin Laden makes a statement.

I don't think the solution is to meet the "enemy" (whoever that is) at the OK Coral and shoot it out. There must be another way. The way it's going, it's like the war on drugs; it can be fought forever, but it will never be won ...

[edit on 1/19/2006 by netbound]

df1

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by zappafan1
REPLY: Never happen. The wiretaps are legal according to wartime law. Sorry.

If we had a declared war this arguement might hold water, but since we don't your all wet. Sorry to burst your right wing fantasy.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
What exactly do they mean?

He is probably meeting some requirements of showing mercy to the enemy and the like. Apparently he was criticised amoung the radicals, not for murdering thousands of civilians, but for not giving america the oppurtunity to prostrate itself before his god. This might also be something along those lines.

It would've been expected that Zawahiri make a statement after the attack in waziristan. Of course, the pakistanis didn't claim that he was killed, so that might be unnecessary.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1If we had a declared war this arguement might hold water, but since we don't your all wet. Sorry to burst your right wing fantasy.

we did declare war. on terror. same as we did when we declared war on drugs.

sadly, the terrorites actually fight back whereas the drugians did nothing. So, as we continue our battle against the terrorites we look to the future and wonder, will terror be a model of democracy in the future. will we be driving cars made in terror some time in the future. will we sit on the warm beaches of terror and, as we sip a drink made in a carved out coconut, think I can't believe we were ever at war with terror, the place is beautiful and the terrorites are so friendly and so hospitable. the exchange rate could be better but hey, it's a major part of the global economy now, this Terror.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
al-Qaeda is planning to hit New York, Cincinnati, San Francisco, Montreal, Atlanta, Dallas and Washington DC all on the same day, Monday, 1/23,
4 days from now. This tape was the signal to commence the final stages.

This will cause the US to seriously reconsider bin Ladens negotiations for a truce. It is possible that, as Chuck Colson saw in his recent vision (1/3/06) on townhall.com, that we will pull our troops out of the middle East after this one happens if it is sufficiently devastating.

We'll have to wait and see...

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Actually, I do not know the date but due to some of the quotes from the tape, I would not want to be around any Jewish synagogue in the near future.
I am basing this off of his diamond cuts a diamond which may be a reference to proverbs 27:17

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
which has been a call to arms in the past to hit /attack the Jewish. There recently was some news iabout efforts to build a large
synagogue in the US and some of the religious friction it was causing.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
""The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
President George W. Bush
Sept. 13, 2001

"I don't know where [Osama bin Laden] is and I really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
President George W. Bush
March 13, 2003

----------------------------------------------------

Bin Laden's irrelevant, not worthy of being a priority....next!!!!!

Really, if you read what we have of that transcript, where ever BinLaden is, he seems to have kept up with what's been going on in america. you'd think that that satellite dish popping out of the roof of his cave would tip off our military!! I'd almost be willing to bet that he's nice and comfy in a really nice house somewhere, pretty much out in the open.....if we only saw fit to have finding him on the top hundred priority list of things to do!! unfortunately is seems that 75 out of those hundred all seem to say either "screw america", "take bribes", or "reassert your authority to break the law" oh and then there's that...."torture a prisoner tonight for entertainment".

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by managerie
al-Qaeda is planning to hit New York, Cincinnati, San Francisco, Montreal, Atlanta, Dallas and Washington DC all on the same day, Monday, 1/23,

This will cause the US to seriously reconsider bin Ladens negotiations for a truce. It is possible that, as Chuck Colson saw in his recent vision (1/3/06) on townhall.com, that we will pull our troops out of the middle East after this one happens if it is sufficiently devastating.

We'll have to wait and see...

Why those dates?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

".... People didn't contest the OH election bs, So now we are prob going to get nuked or something cause All of us Americans are stupid and don't demand action on something as simple as saying "Well Gee bob, This war is Illegal. What we have here is a bad thing..."

REPLY: All recounts of both elections show Bush won; get over it. By the way, you seem to forget the Wisconsin vote irregularities.
The war is "illegal" why? No.... it doesn't take an act of congress.

The Unanswered Question: Who Really Won In 2004?
New Jersey Says No to Paperless Voting
This top link is interesting on just what it says in red.. PAPERLESS. How the hell do we know who won the election. Things on a computer can be changed to whatever suits what person.. we can say there were 350,000,000 votes or we can say there were 10 votes. Who are we do say?? Where is the proof?? Where is the backup of such things??

And now my all time favorite link
www.whatreallyhappened.com...

Prove something here wrong.. Remember boys and girls.. Most of these are all mainstream news links.

"....Yet we let some moron who talks to god and tells him to kill innocent people and take out a nobody on terror.. Yes Saddam is a nobody in the game of terrorism"

REPLY: Saddam's ties with Al-Qaeda have been proven many times over, with links on other ATS threads.

And when was this ever proven?? I have not seen anything about this. I have heard a million and 1 times that Saddam had nothing to do with Terrorism because it didn't fit to his agenda or something of that nature.

No links to Saddam, al-Qaeda pair claim
Al Qaeda-Hussein Link Is Dismissed

This link here is interesting.

But the report of the commission's staff, based on its access to all relevant classified information, said that there had been contacts between Iraq and al Qaeda but no cooperation. In yesterday's hearing of the panel, formally known as the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, a senior FBI official and a senior CIA analyst concurred with the finding.

The staff report said that bin Laden "explored possible cooperation with Iraq" while in Sudan through 1996, but that "Iraq apparently never responded" to a bin Laden request for help in 1994. The commission cited reports of contacts between Iraq and al Qaeda after bin Laden went to Afghanistan in 1996, adding, "but they do not appear to have resulted in a collaborative relationship. Two senior bin Laden associates have adamantly denied that any ties existed between al Qaeda and Iraq. We have no credible evidence that Iraq and al Qaeda cooperated on attacks against the United States."

So, let me ask ya.. Which moron will you follow off the bridge?

'A link between Saddam and bin Laden? No way'

".... So now expect something soon in a few months at least.. I had a feeling all last yr something this yr was going to go down.. I seem to have been right."

REPLY: Things happened last year, too.... like wiretaps preventing the attack on the Brooklyn bridge, and at the mall of America.

I was referring to a nuke or something insanely crazy like 9/11 or more. Is there any proof? Well I don't know.. There has been a thread on ATSNN that states that the 'Very High' Chance of WMD Terror Strike. Isn't just a little bit interesting that this Bin Laden tape just Ironically pops up say.... 2 days later??? hmmm??? hmmm???

"....BTW Not to burst your bubble or anything but Bin Laden has also been dead for a long while either before and/or after 9/11, remember Kidney Disease."

REPLY: While I agree with you I'm waiting for OBL to hold up a recent newspaper showing the date in one of his tapes, there's no proof he's dead.. unless you have a link instead of an opinion? Also, Russia provided OBL with an iron lung a couple of years back.

So all of a sudden Bin laden is a god and overcome deadly diseases?? When did this happen?? really?? I want to have his doctors.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

It would be nice if you linked to the source of this revelation.

I would like to see which nutcase thought that up. Thanks

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Here's how I see it going down.

There will be no WMD attacks on US soil, a sign that the truce is in place.

Bush will be impeached for all his and his cronies crimes against the American people, and the Nazis in the GOP will be exposed and prosecuted, as well.

There will be a staged withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan, and the UN along with a new pan-Muslim coalition will rebuild those war torn countries.

China and Russia will get together to control and support North Korea, you know, police their own back yard and remove the motivation for a NK pre-emptive nuke strike.

The US will enter a major recession similar to the Great Depression as we retool for peace and clean up our act. We will emerge in a couple of years stronger than ever.

Britain will sit there smiling.

France will say "I told you so!"

c'est la vie!

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

mental note, stock up on supplies this weekend and, if possible, increase my life insurance and terror policies tenfold.

I guess I should try and unload my season tickets to the mets now.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Bin-Laden resurrected

A convenient way to have the scape goat ready for the Attacks that we have been warned all along.

Now the wiretapping is justified, the president giving himself powers is justified.

But not to worry Bush and the Republican party will be here to make sure that our babies will not become a victim of that Evil resurrected Bin-Laden

Funny that time is of such essence.

Election year.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
every year is an election year.

this is not some white house scheme to boost his ratings - here's why.

he's still putting out messages. he is a sign of failure in my eyes. he is a sign that our white house has not done the job of capturing and/or killing the men who killed my friends and roughly 3500 other individuals.

his appearances are a nuisance to the white house, not a political boost as some of you would like to believe. his tapes might as well be saying "neener neener neener, can't catch me"

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The problem is that his tapes used to be videos and that was the prove that he was alive.

Now they are only tapes and they happen to be ready in stock for the right moment.

I find that also convenient.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The problem is that his tapes used to be videos and that was the prove that he was alive.

Now they are only tapes and they happen to be ready in stock for the right moment.

I find that also convenient.

Possibly, because Osama may have the perception of America's ability to track him down through the use of videos that reveal his location. Osama is being more careful these days. Previously, his videos were mostly showing the background of white sheets. Before that it was videos of backgrounds showing the mountains and caves. Osama is learning to hide himself better.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join