It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Mexican President Vows to Block The U.S. From Building Wall at The Border.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Just a little sarcasm here to point out that most of the land the wall would be built on is PRIVATE land. Does this make a difference?

It would be a case of eminent domain that I could support, unlike Riviera Beach, which is a shakedown land-grab, imo.

The wall is a good first step. coupled with enforcing the laws that current employers are breaking.

Once again, I don't think anyone wants to close down an employer, or to keep a legal immigrant out of the US. But the social costs are slowly breaking the bank in the border states, and those costs will surely spread to the rest of the country if we don't act now.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Originally posted by whaaa
Some of us that live in the border states would prefer a 67,000 hole golf course rather than a wall. We could make all the Muhados legal and use them a greens keepers, bartenders, pool boys, etc. All the golfers on the course could keep an eye out for terrorists and if need be, give them a good crack with a nine iorn. Just a little sarcasm here to point out that most of the land the wall would be built on is PRIVATE land. Does this make a difference?

I see, so you are one of those people who lives in the border and wants more crimes from some of the illegal Mexicans who have murdered and even invaded homes and commited other crimes in the U.S. towns and homes that are close to the border?

Please explain how you got that from my post please!!

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I like the golf couse idea except it should have somethings other than golf courses. Also what he meant was that we could deal with crime if we stop racial profileing on blacks and start doing it on mexicans
I'm kidding about that but what I do mean is that noone really cares that much about illigal imagrants. I don't even see why it matters. They do all of the stuff we dont want to so why not let them stay

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Please explain how you got that from my post please!!

First of all it was a question, not a statement on my part, hence the question mark.

Second of all you are saying that you prefer if there was no wall because it would be built in some private lands. There have been many cases where crimes have been committed by some of the Mexicans who are criminals and have crossed the border into the U.S. Hence my question if you don't mind this among the problems with illegal immigration and the open borders being a way for terrorist to come into the U.S.

I think I can say for certain that most Americans who live close to the border, and do have lands close to the borders would want this wall, instead of being victims of some of the Mexicans who want to rob, rape, and even murder people who are trying to defend themselves.

But who knows, i could be wrong and it is possible that many Americans that live in the border prefer to have an open border and be victims of crimes.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I'll believe they will build a wall when I see it happening. Right now I
can't imagine greedy corporations and businesses doing without their
low paid illegal workers.
Why don't we just swap countries with the Mexicans? I like the climate down there anyway. Let them have this country and all the problems that come with it...includeing paying taxes and being spied on by your own government.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by elaine

They will outsource to Mexico or move to Mexico if a wall is built. Mexico doesn't want that because workers will get paid less and Mexico will get less taxes because more money is made in the US and then sent and spent back in Mexico.

I find it funny that people (mostly California) are so worried about not having illegals to do their work despite the fact that the rest of the country is having to pay full price to non-illegals.

I have a deal...if Mexicans promise not to cross our border anymore illegally then we won't build the fence.

I also hear that Mexico wants the backing of the rest of Latin America...fine why don't we capture the illegals and then send them to Venezuela or any other country that decides that the US doesn't have the right to protect their border. There is some screwed up thinking in this world when a person has no right to defend their home and then racism is cried. They're just guilt trips on a global level so someone can manipulate others and get their way...pretty sad.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Why don't we just swap countries with the Mexicans? I like the climate down there anyway. Let them have this country and all the problems that come with it...includeing paying taxes and being spied on by your own government.

Lol...first of all i don't think you know anything about Mexico.... There is more pollution in their main cities than in most main U.S. cities....

Second of all, you can't even drink water from the fosset, you will literally go straight to a hospital.

Third.....haven't you wondered why so many Mexicans are risking their lives to get to the U.S.?.... I guess that is not a hint to you on how life is in Mexico for most people...

And of course lets not forget the crime rate in Mexico, if you have $1,000 in your bank you will be considered rich and might get kidnapped because of that. Then you'll have a couple of your fingers or an ear sent to your relatives for them to pay them more ramson for your life, if your family can't pay.... Hey, but don't let any of that stop you....

Anyways, you think they have it better in Mexico and you want to move there? go ahead, don't let anyone stop you.

As for you not wanting to pay taxes....... Try to find a developed country where people don't pay taxes....

And last but not least the spying is done to those that have some sort of terrorist link, if you don't have a link with terrorists, and don't make calls to terrorists in other countries, this is not going to affect you one bit; or do you want terrorists to have a right to "free speech" and be able to plan the destruction of another U.S. city?

[edit on 31-12-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'd like to hear more about the wall between the U.S. and Canada! This wall would need to be thousands of feet high to accomplish it's most important function, as Lewis Black points out; "That's where all the f**cking cold air comes from!"

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Isn't it kinda ironic, that at the same time of starting wars all over the world and sticking their nose unto everyone elses bussines, the US goverment is adopting policies of isolationalisme and planning to build walls across all their land based borders?

What the heck is up with that?

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
True, how screwed up this nation is

what happened to the old cool US that got in wars for reasons that mattered.

I miss the us from around 1900 to ww2

Edit: Censor circumvention.

[edit on 31-12-2005 by intrepid]

apc

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Check your facts (not from the history books... the real facts). It's the same US of A. We've been pretty set in our ways since before our civil war.

One of my neighbors, an illegal, tried to force his way into my home on Christmas day. He was drunk and mumbling in spanish. My Mossberg 500 12guage convinced him he made a mistake. Now lets see how long it takes Homeland Security to get off their fat butts and take care of this overgrown sewer rat.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc

Check your facts (not from the history books... the real facts). It's the same US of A. We've been pretty set in our ways since before our civil war.

One of my neighbors, an illegal, tried to force his way into my home on Christmas day. He was drunk and mumbling in spanish. My Mossberg 500 12guage convinced him he made a mistake. Now lets see how long it takes Homeland Security to get off their fat butts and take care of this overgrown sewer rat.

What does your problems with your neighbours have anything to do with what Tristan or I said?

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I'll believe they will build a wall when I see it happening.

It's already happening in some places along the southern border:

Some stretches of the U.S.-Mexico border are already marked by fences, but in some heavily trafficked sections walls have already been erected by the United States, often using 10-foot-high sections of military surplus steel. Those sections, which typically run several miles, can be found in southern Arizona and California.

That is from the source listed in the introduction by the author.

Most Mexicans would go for that idea. We get a corrupt, underdeveloped country with decaying infrastructure; they get the best country on earth. Such a deal!

Since we can't move the weather, it would be cheaper if you just moved down there. How about that idea?

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Isn't it kinda ironic, that at the same time of starting wars all over the world and sticking their nose unto everyone elses bussines, the US goverment is adopting policies of isolationalisme and planning to build walls across all their land based borders?

Isn't it ironic that the moment the US doesn't jump to the assistance of every third world nation that can't find their butt with both hands, that people are quick to jump on us as uncaring and unfeeling?

It must be nice being able to criticize from the peanut gallery.

It's our land, and we don't have to answer to Mexico or anyone else. The rest of the world can cluck cluck all day long, but until they help to fix the issue, they can stick their opposition and opinions where the sun don't shine.

Thank you, please.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by thematrix

Isn't it ironic that the moment the US doesn't jump to the assistance of every third world nation that can't find their butt with both hands, that people are quick to jump on us as uncaring and unfeeling?

It must be nice being able to criticize from the peanut gallery.

It's our land, and we don't have to answer to Mexico or anyone else. The rest of the world can cluck cluck all day long, but until they help to fix the issue, they can stick their opposition and opinions where the sun don't shine.

Thank you, please.

Asif the US isn't quick in critisizing everything and everyone?

As long as the US chooses to put their nose unto everyone elses bussines, everyone else has every right to critisize them.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Please someone explain it to me like I'm a two year old. How does securing the borders to prevent illegal immigration violate anyone's human rights?

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
thematrix:
You're wrong, but that has nothing to do with this topic.

If another nation will pitch in and help solve the problem, then we might listen to their criticism. Otherwise, they are nothing more than hens in a henhouse, clucking their tongues, and powerless to do anyhting about it.

dollmonster:
How does securing the borders to prevent illegal immigration violate anyone's human rights?

sarcasm on:
When I believe that it is my right to violate your laws and you have no right to object to it. It's my right to waltz over and take what is yours because I am a poor little victim with a corrupt thief as my leader. /sarcasm

[edit on 31-12-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
It's American greed that started the illegals flocking over here anyway.
Individuals and companies who don't want to have to pay a decent
wage to American citizens. If the jobs were'nt here for them they would'nt be comeing in by the thousands like they're doing now.
I don't know how I feel about this "wall idea". Whether it's a waste of money or whatever...I don't know. Maybe it will work maybe not.

My brother in law is in construction and some of the workers are illegal. One of the Mexican workers has to pay 87 dollars a week in child support. He has no wife and no children. He probably has someone's stolen ss#. His bad luck, that number is someone who owes child support! And even though the company knows what's going on they turn a blind eye as usual. Much more needs to be done about companies who hire these illegals!

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   

My brother in law is in construction and some of the workers are illegal. One of the Mexican workers has to pay 87 dollars a week in child support. He has no wife and no children. He probably has someone's stolen ss#. His bad luck, that number is someone who owes child support! And even though the company knows what's going on they turn a blind eye as usual. Much more needs to be done about companies who hire these illegals!

How about simply arresting whoever is hiring them? Trust me, if people like the CEO of Kentucky Fried Chicken are arrested, then the jobs will be given to citizens. No more of your brother in law working with these illegal immigrants. I just read the following article about the literacy rate in this country.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

It is pretty sad that 11 Million adults in this country are not literate.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
In my post I said that we got in wars for reasons that mattered was the reason I liked the us in that time. not because everything was perfect but because we had wars for a reason

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join