It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Mexican President Vows to Block The U.S. From Building Wall at The Border.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
On November 4 of this year Republican legislators proposed a plan to build a wall between the border of U.S. and Mexico called "True Enforcement and Border Security Act" which was approved on December 16. This new plan also calls for thousands of new security border officers, immigration investigators, immigration judges, and attorneys. Mexican president Vicente Fox, vows to block the plan by seeking international support to stop the U.S. from building the wall. There is also a plan to build a wall between the Canadian and U.S. border which is being considered by the U.S. House of Representatives.

news.yahoo.com
MEXICO CITY - The Mexican government, angered by a U.S. proposal to extend a wall along the border to keep out migrants, pledged Tuesday to block the plan and organize an international campaign against it.

Mexican President Vicente Fox denounced the U.S. measures, passed by the House of Representatives Friday, as "shameful." His foreign secretary, Luis Ernesto Derbez, echoed his complaints on Tuesday.

"Mexico is not going to bear, it is not going to permit, and it will not allow a stupid thing like this wall," Derbez said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This wall will certainly help combat illegal immigration, and it would be a deterrent for terrorists that want to use the Mexican, or Canadian border to enter into the US. The new approved bill provides an easy method for employers to verify the eligibility status of their workforce, it also eliminates the loopholes which have allowed millions of illegal aliens to settle in the U.S.

But the Mexican president, alongside some other people, are calling this new plan "a violation of human rights."

Related News Links:
www.house.gov
thomas.loc.gov
www.gnn.tv
english.pravda.ru

[edit on 28-12-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
[sarcasm]
Fox has nothing to worry about being the US cannot build a Mexican-US border wall without the help of illegal labor.
[/sarcasm]

At any rate, despite Fox's own hypocrisy, the US does not need a wall, per se', the US simply needs to put the National Guard on the border. Nothing will be done though, for the US Senate and Congress will continue to turn a blind eye to this issue of illegal Mexican immigration/migrants.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Seekeroff, the bill has already been approved, and I read somewhere, as i was searching for sites about this plan, that there have been some parts of the wall which have been built already. Has any news network said anything about this?

BTW, the bill also asks for 10,000 new border patrol officers, among some other personnel. This means new jobs. I think the US does need this plan, and this wall. Building one alongside the Canadian border would also be a good idea.

Federal Enforcement—Cornyn/Kyl
Adds 10,000 new border patrol officers, 1,250 immigration investigators, 500 adjudicators, 2,000 worksite investigators and provides anti-fraud training.
Creates a new Assistant Attorney General for Immigration Enforcement and adds 250 litigators, 250 U.S. attorneys, and 250 immigration judges over five years to facilitate litigation in courts, removal/deportation processes, employer sanctions enforcement, alien smuggling/trafficking enforcement, etc.

Excerpted from.
www.house.gov...

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I have heard or seen nothing on the approval of the Border Wall Plan, but it could be because I was not looking out for this information.

There have been sections of walls that have previously been built, but my understanding is that the majority of pre-existing walls/fencing is useless or not doing what it was intended to do.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   

On Dec. 16, the U.S. House of Representatives approved a bill that envisions building 700 miles of fences along the border with Mexico, makes illegal immigration a crime - it is currently a civil offense - and calls for prosecuting U.S. citizens who aid undocumented migrants.

Excerpted from.
english.pravda.ru...

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Here is another excerpt from one of the links I already gave.

The U.S. House of Representatives voted late Thursday night to consider erecting “physical barriers” along the American border with Canada, the firmest step yet toward building the kinds of fences now in place on the Mexican frontier to stop the northward flow of illegal aliens and smuggled goods.

The directive to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security was passed by a strong majority of the House and was contained in an amendment to a controversial immigration bill working its way through Congress. The motion cleared the way for about 1,100 kilometres of new fencing along the U.S.-Mexico border in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California, but also urged the agency to “conduct a study on the use of physical barriers along the northern border.”

Excerpted from.
www.gnn.tv...

But you are right, i haven't heard anything on the news either. I thought maybe I missed it.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
as far as i'm concerned, vincente fox can go screw himself....

who's he to say we can't build a wall on our OWN LAND?

i find that really funny....

it's like trying to petition your neighbor to keep from putting up a privacy fence if he/she lives next to a pervert.

either way, it's our land, our country, our decision..

go usa!

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
That's right SO. As long as the politicos can get nannys and gardeners for under min. wage; nothing is gonna change. The American economy is more dependant on illegal workers than we will ever know because no records are kept. This is a cash only kind of deal on the part of employers and employed. We should be realistic and create some sort of status for muhados so they can be accepted into the work force and be taxed and workmans comp paid by the employers. What am I talkin about; this aint gonna happen. As long as somebody will work cheap for stoop labor; somebody will hire them. Deal with it!!

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I believe that what you linked is simply an agreement bill to hear the proposal for a the Border Wall Plan. Further, I believe that this proposal has not been finalized or approved by the Senate or Congress, being that all three must pass the measure, I think.

seekerof

[edit on 29-12-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
If the Mexican president really wants to make a wall useless, all he has to do is lobby and convince people to make Mexico the 51st state. Then, all the Mexicans become US citizens. I don't think much seems to be stopping them from coming north if they want to already. Then they can vote for president of the US as well. If they don't want to become part of the US, then I think we should have the right to build fences or walls on our own land.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
If the Mexican president really wants to make a wall useless, all he has to do is lobby and convince people to make Mexico the 51st state. Then, all the Mexicans become US citizens. I don't think much seems to be stopping them from coming north if they want to already. Then they can vote for president of the US as well. If they don't want to become part of the US, then I think we should have the right to build fences or walls on our own land.

Most of the land along the borders of Mexico and Canada Is PRIVATE land owned by people that paid for it. Ever consider that maybe they don't want a wall. Is the govt. going to buy all that ranch land to build a wall. We can't even find enough money in the US budget to pay for enough border patrol agents to patrol the borders. 10,000 more border patrol agents wont even make a dent in keeping the border secure. Another solution is evident to those of us that live in border states. This wall idea is just an idea to pacify isolationists. The govt. isn't serious about this.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
As a teacher I see the damage that illegal immigration is causing on our country. I think the border fence is a great idea!! I think the quality of students entering this country will increase with the opportunity to have a guest worker program. These Mexicans would sign up for this program. These Mexicans are also the ones that would care enough to help their kids with homework. They would care enough to make sure their kid practices his/her reading. We have a high rate of non-reading adults in Los Angeles county, and things need to improve. I have no problem paying a guest worker a little more money to do the job. I do, however, have a problem supporting the Mexicans outside of home depot. Any American that does that is a hypocrite!! Sign the guestbook at the door! Enter the right way! Go to parenting classes at night offered by your child's school district. Help your child with his/her homework. Put up the fence. It will seek to steady the flow, and increase the literacy rate of the people of this country.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Instead of temporary renewals of the Patriot Act... no! instead of initially implimenting the P.A. at all, the common sense thing to have been done after 911 would have been a review and complete revamping of our border security and our immigration laws.

Here is where the teeth of American security is to be found. In addition to building this wall, along both borders I might add, they should have immediately increased immigration personell; beefed up security and surviellence in all our ports of entry air and sea; had increase spot checks of all cargo shipments and set our National Guard in place along our borders.

Instead our representatives wrapped themselves in the American Flag and produced a bill to spy on Americans and trample on their rights, when commonsense would have done the former. Hmmm! do you think this was done by design to usher in the New World Order and break down nations? You bet it was!

That is why the Mexican government's protest against the wall is a natural outgrowth of NAFTA, CAFTA, etc. which were designed to break borders and nationalities.

Richard of Danbury

Richard of Danbury

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
That's right SO. As long as the politicos can get nannys and gardeners for under min. wage; nothing is gonna change. The American economy is more dependant on illegal workers than we will ever know because no records are kept. This is a cash only kind of deal on the part of employers and employed.

Well, why does this have to change? They can still work as nannys or gardeners; they just can't live here permanently as citizens unless they do it the correct way.

We should be realistic and create some sort of status for muhados so they can be accepted into the work force and be taxed and workmans comp paid by the employers.

That's fine. Repeal the 14th Amendment while we're at it.

The hypocrisy of the Mexican government is incredible:

Mexico's federal Human Rights Commission acknowledged yesterday that the country mistreats many immigrants – mainly Central Americans – and uses some of the same methods on them that it opposes in the United States.
Always nice to be lectured by hypocrites, isn't it?
"(Mexico's) population law does include prison terms for illegally entering the country . . . and this is something that has been the subject of constant complaints," said Mauricio Farah, a national inspector for the rights commission.

Article 123 of Mexico's population law states that "foreigners illegally entering the country will be subject to punishment of up to two years in prison" and fines of up to $28,220. Such prison sentences are rarely imposed in practice.

Source was posted earlier by Seekerof.

This next source would indicate that the measure has passed the House. But further digging is needed, I agree.

The efforts are a testament to human determination and ingenuity. They also explain Mexico's angry response this month to the U.S. House's approval of legislation that would extend the fence some 700 miles through other populated parts of the U.S.-Mexico border.
Link

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
In my own standard real simple terms; Who the
does Fox think he is?

Build the wall already. Its about time. Vincente speaks and gives Spaniards a bad name. Idiot.

No one should be allowed entry into this country unless its LEGAL. Including MEXICANS.

Build that wall.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
If the Mexican president really wants to make a wall useless, all he has to do is lobby and convince people to make Mexico the 51st state.

Argh Mexico as the 51st State NOOOOOO that would be so bad for the US economy.

As for the Wall and Prez Fox I think its simply why he is against the wall and it has nothing to do with "violation of human rights" Its all about money Illegals can cross the border with ease and make rates ten times higher then they do in Mexico even at sub par US rates. They then very very often send lots of that money back to their families in Mexico since that money goes alot further down there. I know more then a few people in New England that come up illegally from Mexico work up here for a few months and then go back to Mexico and live like kings for a bunch of months. Massive amounts of money are sent back to Mexico through illegals.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think this is fantastic news, since the surest way to build public support to such a level that Congress and the President has no choice but to build the wall is to have Mexico come out in vocal opposition to it.

Keep talking Fox!

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   

"Mexico is not going to bear, it is not going to permit, and it will not allow a stupid thing like this wall,"

I'd really like to know what they thnk they can do to stop it.

I guess they're really worried over there because part of the Mexican economy is reliant on the Mexican migrant labor.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   

"Mexico is not going to bear, it is not going to permit, and it will not allow a stupid thing like this wall," Derbez said.

Foxnews:
His government has posted more than 1,000 independent observers at major crossings and installed hot lines for migrants to report abuse.

This situation we're seeing, a disgraceful and shameful moment where walls are being built, security systems are being reinforced, and human and labor rights are being violated more and more, won't protect the economy of the United States," President Vicente Fox said.

These statements pretty much say it all. The Mexicans consider it their right
to enter America anyway they wish. They do not recognize our sovereignty.
The Mexican governments economy is so dependent on the money the illegals are bringing back home that they are afraid of the wall and what it will do to their economy. What Mr. Fox and Mexico need to realize is America is completely within her rights to build this wall if she so desires. What Mr. Fox should be saying to the USA is, "What can Mexico do to help prevent the need for this wall?" Instead of making ridiculous claims and threatening to sue the USA for Civil Rights Violations.
Geez!

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
... build it and electrify it; maybe a few thousand land mines would be a nice touch. "Human" or "Civil rights do not trump a countries laws.

Mexicos economy IS dependent on what the illegals send back to their families. They come here to take advantage of our social(ist) programs more than anything, rather than staying in Mexico, changing their own government, and fighting for the freedom and liberty they find here.

Do illegal workers contribute to our economy; yes. But after all is said and done, illegals COST our economy around $14 Billion per year in Marxist social programs.

(edit for content)

[edit on 29-12-2005 by zappafan1]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join