It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ninjas are still in the modern world and have superhuman powers?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrDead
Facts:
1. Ninjas are mammals.
2. Ninjas fight ALL the time.
3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Mod Edit: Removed url

[edit on 12-12-2005 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

Ninjas have REAL ULTIMATE POWER!

Ninjas can kill anyone they want! Ninjas cut off heads ALL the time and don't even think twice about it. These guys are so crazy and awesome that they flip out ALL the time. I heard that there was this ninja who was eating at a diner. And when some dude dropped a spoon the ninja killed the whole town. My friend Mark said that he saw a ninja totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.

And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't believe that ninjas have REAL Ultimate Power you better get a life right now or they will chop your head off!!! It's an easy choice, if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Originally posted by MrDead
Facts:
1. Ninjas are mammals.
2. Ninjas fight ALL the time.
3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Mod Edit: Removed url

[edit on 12-12-2005 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

Ninjas have REAL ULTIMATE POWER!

Ninjas can kill anyone they want! Ninjas cut off heads ALL the time and don't even think twice about it. These guys are so crazy and awesome that they flip out ALL the time. I heard that there was this ninja who was eating at a diner. And when some dude dropped a spoon the ninja killed the whole town. My friend Mark said that he saw a ninja totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.

And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't believe that ninjas have REAL Ultimate Power you better get a life right now or they will chop your head off!!! It's an easy choice, if you ask me.

.... True

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
My husband has been in martial arts for over 37 years and his opinion is that the Original Ninjas died out when the samuri died out. The origins were Japan and he believes that if this is still being practiced today in secret that the Japanese would never teach it to an American. I also study martial arts however I have only trained for a couple of years. There is so much to it and so many styles and systems with each having it's own benefits. Some martial arts are deeply rooted in tradition and authentic martial arts will include training of the bunkai, pressure points and meridians. There should be a balance between the internal and external arts. It is a lifestyle and a path one chooses to live and most true martial artists value life rather then set out to destroy it. I believe that a ninja is simply in modern day another name for a hired assassin that has been trained to expertly and quietly carry out a mission and that could include martial arts skills. Any martial artist trained in meridians and pressure points could easily take a life but that is not what it's all about.

[edit on 12-12-2005 by ChristyZ]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Well spoken ChristyZ... There are so many misconceptions regarding ninja that one hardly knows where to begin.

But... Let me add this in closing.

www.ninjaburger.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86
Well spoken ChristyZ... There are so many misconceptions regarding ninja that one hardly knows where to begin.

But... Let me add this in closing.

www.ninjaburger.com...

Funny link, thanks for the laugh!!

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
During my former time in a intelligence service for a country I wont tell, I have been teached in nin-jitsu.

A Ninja is the first known version of a spy and assasin.. Ninja is the japan word for (literally, "enduring person"). The counterpart of the Samurai who protect their leader and owner.

Here some facts:

The word ninja started 800 years ago in the mountains of Japan that meant someone who practiced ninjutsu (which is sometimes referred to in the west as Ninjitsu), a kind of martial art often called "the art of stealth" or "the art of invisibility". It derives from the Japanese phrase shinobi no mono. This phrase is written with two Kanji (Chinese characters), pronounced rěnzhě (忍者) in Mandarin. The first character, the same one used for ninjutsu, means endurance or persevere, however the meaning was later extended to mean conceal and move stealthily. The second character means person. The ninja are sometimes referred to by another Chinese term 林鬼 lín gǔi, "forest devils". They were Chinese counterparts of the Japanese ninja or shinobi, and were believed to be one of the many aspects that helped influence the art of ninjutsu in Japan.

Ninja (忍者) (literally, "enduring person") were said to be agents of espionage and assassination in feudal Japan. Some modern practitioners of budo ninjutsu argue that ninja were used primarily as spies, not assassins. It is popularly believed that the ancient ninja were peasants, forbidden under law from studying the samurai swordplay techniques because of feudal Japan's caste structure. The more historically accurate version is that many ninja were also samurai, operating as spies in the service of their daimyo.

Ninja are said to have made use of weapons that could be easily concealed or disguised as common tools. Weapons commonly attributed to them included shuriken and bo. In popular folklore, ninja also used special short swords called ninja-ken (or ninja-to see below for explanation). Ninja-ken are smaller than katana but larger than wakizashi, and were supposedly created by grinding down broken samurai katana found on battlefields.

There are still Ninjas operation worldwide. Mostly doing jobs for mobsters and gangsters. A few SFOD units worldwide using nin-jitsu techniques. But they not running around with swords and shuriken. But the mental strength, they believing and their codex is the same like the old ninjas.

Same you can see by RONIN and SAMURAI.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
As for the "Vanish" points. Ninjas used very early the effects of chemical reactions. The build some kind of "Flashbang". A chemical substance in a small ball. When they dropped the ball, a loud bang and flash appears and the enemy were irritated for a few seconds. Enough for the ninja to jump back into a shadow or climb up a wall / roof. So the people thought the ninja -just- vanish.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Ninjas were tno assiassasins or spies. They carried out missions that were mostly for killing or spying but ninjas were morely used to complete tasks higher powers ordered them to. Ninjas never died out. In Japan is calmed down lots. The strongest of the ninjas are left in china and japan and theres a high requirement to become one now, back then they thought anyone how to fight. a ninja is a japanese name. But all the things about a ninja are from china period.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
for the sake of this thread, define what would be considered a superhuman power. and what specific power(s) do these ninjas have?

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
...I have read some debate on this thread as to whether Ninjas originated in Japan or in China...I know that the "traditional" religion of the Japanese Ninjas was/is the Miyko;the Madhyamika , a form of metaphysical,mystical
Buddhism that originated in India... So just as the transmission of Buddhism spread from India, to Tibet, to China, and Japan...I propose that
so did the fighting arts that became known as Ninjitsu.

Now, the founder of the Madhyamika school was a sage named Nagarjuna.
Ther are many legends about him...That he could render himself invisible,for
instance...and, that he had many "magical/mystical (superhuman) powers...

Incidentally, this Nagarjuna is alleged to be the founder of two apposing
schools of Buddhism...the Madhymika...and the Yogacara.(gnosticism?)

Although I'm not good at providing links, I will try to supply one...
or maybe you can do a Yahoo search Nagarjuna/Madhymika
www.bahai-library.com...

[edit on 13-12-2005 by cosmokatt7]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Greetings cosmokatt7

Nagarjuna did indeed build the Mercabah(notice the Five Kundalini Serpents related to Spheres 10-6 respectively) within himself:

The Waters of Life

Left: An Egyptian wall painting of an Initiate drinking from the Sacred Waters, given by the Divine Mother through the Tree of Life.

Right: A Tibetan wall painting of the Initiate Nagarjuna drinking of the ambrosial waters which sustain his inner illumination.

But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. - John 4:14

These two paintings seen side by side clearly illustrate the universality of the Christic Doctrine: the Tree of Life (the spinal column in the microcosmic Human Being) is illuminated by the waters of life (Sexual Energy), providing the force and sustanance which illuminates the soul. There is no doubt that the Egyptian Initiates and the Tibetan Initiates studied the same knowledge; what is unknown to modern humanity is where they received such knowledge. The answer is here in these paintings: they received it internally, from their own Tree of Life, through the alchemical work of Transmutation. The Waters of Life, given by the Divine Mother (the feminine aspect of the Holy Spirit, Binah) illuminate the soul. Without the waters, there is no light. Without the waters, there is only Suffering and death. Therefore, when the cultures who had this knowledge turned away from the proper use of the sexual energy, those cultures lost their inner connection to the fount of all Wisdom, and they entered into decline and decay. The same applies to the individual person.

I wouldn't be surprised if the practitioners of Ninjitsu developed Siddhis within themselves through occult methods(as did Nagarjuna and other Initiate Yogis).

As to whether any of the Ninja were awakened positively or not, is another question.

I've even heard rumors that their origins could have to do with the Hashshashim(Arab Assassins).....

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Arabs? Give me a break theres not an Arab that I heard that existed that made a single martial arts style but a fighter as high tech as ninja the chance is 0:0

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeeker99
Arabs? Give me a break theres not an Arab that I heard that existed that made a single martial arts style but a fighter as high tech as ninja the chance is 0:0

Actually back in the crusades,there were the hashashin (the precursor to the word assassins)who were a rather fanatical and adept,group of assassins who ingested hashish to achieve religious ecstacy and carry out assigments. To help stymie this the crusaders recruited an arab who later converted to chirstianity and became a monk, I'll try and find where I read this but apparently he was recruited because of his ethnicity gave a marked advantage (esp when it came to getting close opposition leadership to kill them).

Sorry slightly off topic......but hey you get that!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I love a good Ninja discussion, and this thread represents one of the best. I'm particularly impressed with the inclusion of the Hashashin in the most recent replies.

However, why is it we can talk seriously about UFOs and the Illuminati, but when grown people discuss ninjas we all sound like Napoleon Dynamite? Is that part of the Ninja way? Like the Men in Black, they do things in such a way that if you talk about them it all sounds silly?

BTW: My sister-in-law is Ninja.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Hello Tamahu,

Your reply was very interesting...I think some historical connections could
be made between theNinjas and the Thugge cult of India...

www.tenguryu.be...

I haven't run across any direct relationship between the Ninja and Hashshashim (Assassins) however...

There have always been syncretic religions in the East and Near East;
Sufis for example. Although Islamic in origin, they conbined element of
Judiasm, Christianity,Hindusm, and Buddhism... And the Assassins and
Ninjas did appear to have similar aims; political assinations,etc.

I wonder if someone could show a concrete link...?

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
ninjas are real, i live in ontario and every once in a while there is an actuall ninja sword fight that happens, only ever couple of years, noone knows about it but i know several close peple who have witnessed them. it happens in the middle of the night, people in all black meet in a feild or baseball diamond in the middle of the night and fight with kitanas. 2 people at a time, once one gets injured, another one steps in line. police cruisers eventually rush to the scene. i dont think anyone has been cought tho... im not saying thease are real ninjas because i know "why would they be fighting outside in plain sight" i unno. maby its just moon lit weather practise or somthing like that.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by iconoclaust
ninjas are real, i live in ontario and every once in a while there is an actuall ninja sword fight that happens, only ever couple of years, noone knows about it but i know several close peple who have witnessed them. it happens in the middle of the night, people in all black meet in a feild or baseball diamond in the middle of the night and fight with kitanas. 2 people at a time, once one gets injured, another one steps in line. police cruisers eventually rush to the scene. i dont think anyone has been cought tho... im not saying thease are real ninjas because i know "why would they be fighting outside in plain sight" i unno. maby its just moon lit weather practise or somthing like that.

Sounds very kool. Those guys must be really devoted. I dont know about Japanese shinobis but Chinese assassins never show up in daylight in their realy face. They use illusions to do normal stuff during the day- most of them.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
[edit on 23-12-2005 by BlueAngel]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
sorry...would a mod please remove my empty reply?

blueangel

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   

First, the characters(or kanji) that make up the word ninja is "heart" "sword".The word ninja itself is a fairly recent term(no older than 50-70 years old).The only known and authentic "ninja clans" where that of the Koga, and Iga. You see, both clans were actually farming villages, and its residents (the farmers) are who we today call ninjas.Originally they were trained by the local "Koga family" or "Iga family" samurais.Over the years, each clans martial arts developed into there own distinct systems.Ninjitsu, unfortunately is not the real family styles.The only still living ninja is Hatsumi Masaki(sp?) who has passed it onto the white guy who married his daughter.
And yes, China is the originator of the stealth killer(in the east).They had a few different names depending on what they did.Almost all Japanese martial arts traces back to china as well.Including the family styles of the Koga and Iga clans.The true shinobi arts(or "ninjitsu" for those who dont care.) have roots in chinese shamanisim(as well as daoism).They also borrow heavily on the chinese system of the 5 elements(fire,earth,metal,water,wood), and the 8 tiagrams(pakua, or I-ching).The Japanese don't like to admit that its been heavily influenced by China and its culture.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join