It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cave/Coal Mine bases in Kentucky, video for "E-cavern"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Right now construction is wrapping up on "E-cavern," a bunker in Louisville, KY designed for secure data management.

homepage.mac.com...

That in itself is interesting, but the plot thickens when you read page 25 of this .pdf. It is refered to as the Underground Homeland Security Tactical Operations Center.

homepage.mac.com...

Meanwhile, in western KY, the Wendell H Ford Training Center is quit interesting. (From globalsecurity.org)

Constructed on 8,500 acres of reclaimed strip-mine land, the Training Center has complete year-round accommodations, to include barracks and quarters for nearly 500 troops, a 400-seat dining hall, a drill hall and modern learning center for computer simulator training. The site also feature live-fire ranges, hardened bivouac sites, a controlled humidity storage complex, complete maintenance facilities for military equipment, engagement skills training center, obstacle course and a 4,200 ft. grass runway.

In the early 1990s the Kentucky Guard developed a plan for the Western Kentucky Training Site's potential, not only for the National Guard's training program, but for the Army, Marines, FEMA, law enforcement officers and even Boy Scouts. The facility is considered the National Training Center of the east and the training center of choice.

I live about 20 miles from the training center. This part of KY has STRIP MINES everywhere, except for one underground mine. Its located right next to the training center.

Here is a map of the DOCUMENTED underground mines, which can date back to the 1800's.

The training center is a mile or two south from the junction of highway 70 and 181.

I suspect massive underground military activity. Some days I can feel tremors, but there is no seismic activity nearby according to the USGS.

Here is a satelite view of the area:

#1: Location of Wendell H Ford Training Center entrance/guard house.
#2: Climate controlled storage buildings and maintence buildings. National Guard tanks and humvees are housed here.
#3: Railroad cars are parked parallel to highway 181, blocking view and vehicle access.
#4: Entrance to Kenamerica underground coal mine. This also has a guard shack and a gate controlling access.

The areas to the East and West of 181 are reclaimed strip mines. You can see faint gravel access roads. It is operated as a wildlife preserve by Ky Conservation/ Fish and Game Officers.

I want to get to the bottom of this. How do I go about doing it?

[edit on 10-12-2005 by ll0ll0ll0]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Here is a comparison shot. Its odd that the Google maps image is such a poor resolution. The USGS photo is from 1997. You can see the base's growth. Also, the Google images have strange blobs (see arrows) obscuring areas from sight.

The swirls in the lower left are the result of surface mining.

[edit on 10-12-2005 by ll0ll0ll0]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I live in Kentucky as well. And, yes there has been recent seismic activity that there was a delay in reporting. Check the Earthquake thread in Fragile Earth.

BTW, it really is just a training center. Trust me.

[edit on 12-12-2005 by zenlover28]

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ll0ll0ll0

none of your links or pictures can be seen or lead to anything.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by budaruskie

Interesting, gonna have to check back later on this when the links fixed.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by budaruskie

That's probably because this thread is from 2005, genius.

However, you can find more information if you go here:
www.louisvilleunderground.com...

And here:
www.louisvillemegacavern.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
hahah,

Sorry....that did give me a giggle!

There are lots of these datacenters in old mines etc, I spend a fair amount of time in some of them in the UK, and they are generally pretty boring, cold and noisy places.

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
hahah,

Sorry....that did give me a giggle!

There are lots of these datacenters in old mines etc, I spend a fair amount of time in some of them in the UK, and they are generally pretty boring, cold and noisy places.

Cheers

Robbie

join