It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fresh stealth sighting in UK

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Thought I’d share this: the latest “possible stealth” seen near the ParcAberporth facility in Wales, UK. ParcAberporth is an airfield/test facility devoted almost entirely to UAV developments and attracts lots of ‘black’ projects because it is the only(?) place in Western Europe where UAVs are allowed to fly overland at unrestricted altitude. Flights relating to the UK’s Watchkeeper program are a good example. Many of the UAVs seen there are minor commercial concerns that whilst interesting, mean little on the wider stage. A few times now people have reported “stealths" there, although most reports are unsubstantiated and vague. But this picture might have something to it. Apparently it’s got a rear mounted propeller. It could be a commercial attempt at a stealth UAV, a research platform or just maybe, a snapshot of a real military project.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Apparently it’s got a rear mounted propeller.

- Is that a rumor? Since it obviously not distiguishable from the photo.

not sure what is is though...how new is it?

Its shape looks a little like the concorde.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
That screams Avro Vulcan to me. That protrusion at the end looks like the Vulcan picture from Wikipedia.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Are you sure that is not a concorde?

That shape doesn't look like anything remotely stealthy, plus it looks too big to be a stealth plane, unless it is the Aurora....

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
No way is that a Concorde, whose fuselage is much longer. Also, all Concordes are white
Comparable angle:

The best explanation would be Avro Vulcan (mind you, that photo could have been taken at any time).

[edit on 7/12/2005 by Lonestar24]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
What exactly makes you think this is a stealth aircraft?

Frankly, it looks like those wings have a 90 degree angle at the rear...

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I have seen a R/C model of a Vulcan powered by a small piston engine driving a rear mounted propeller.

I can't say thats whats in the photo but the description seems to fit the original post.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Hopefully the plane spotter who snapped the photo knows the difference between a small propeller driven UAV and an Avro Vulcan (no flying examples of which exist); One is small and whines, the other massive and deafeningly loud. Lol. At first glance could be an RC model granted, but the way it was being flown would have given it away to the witness. Dozens of UAVs have been snapped near there, mostly with conventional twin-boom layouts.

This is an artists impression of what the UAV might look like. (note: speculative)

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The image could be a RC model of a 'Mirage' fighter plane. Did you know when the former ROC guy who was working on an oil rig and sighted the black triangle aircraft thought at first it was the Handley Page HP115 test aircraft.

www.fortunecity.com...
www.dreamsoft.com...

This mystery aircraft on the photo looks like this 'Blackhorse' plane.

www.islandone.org...

There are even more secret places/things than Area 51. you knever know there could be a top secret base under your back garden!

How is Area 51 a top secret plant if it is famous? Everyone will know where the damn place is!!!!!!!!!. Maybe its just the goings on inside the place or it could be a cover up for somthing ultra top secret!(Another F-19 roumour).

Well i dont know what plane that was on the picture. It could be the 'Swichblade' or just a UCAV.

[edit on 7-12-2005 by Browno]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The only other picture of it I have.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
that in the last picture you posted that when the plane is coming towards you that the birds are flying away. So to me that might mean that its NOT a prop stealth but a jet stealth.

Also, if someone is better at math than me figure out how fast it is going by the shutter speed of the camera. In one it looks to be about 3,000 ft the next one its just about on top of whoever took the pictures.

Just thought I would put my two cents in.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Now that is a better picture, and it IS a real UAV, I have seen it. Strange but I never thought of that at all when I saw the first pic

Your drawing above is correct in side elevation but much too wide in plan view

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Looks a bit like a Lifting Body or some shuttle thing. Supppose it is a Stealth UAV/Missile becouse it looks to small to be manned.

Nice design, shame it is not a manned aircraft.

Are these two separate aircraft or is the aircraft images on a different angle?

Well this incident happened in Wales?, It could have been part of a NATO exercise!.

Could be a British/Welsh black project!.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by texmiller
that in the last picture you posted that when the plane is coming towards you that the birds are flying away. So to me that might mean that its NOT a prop stealth but a jet stealth. ...

The birds are flying on Both pictures

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The birds seem to be at the very same place (relative to the house and other landmarks) on both pics, that looks fake to me... Even if the UAV is moving fast I suppose the birds should move too ?
That said, the thing has a nice shape...

M6D

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
the secondpicture acutally also looks a bit fake to me, you cant see any detail, just an outline.

jra

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by echoblade
The birds seem to be at the very same place (relative to the house and other landmarks) on both pics, that looks fake to me... Even if the UAV is moving fast I suppose the birds should move too ?
That said, the thing has a nice shape...

Ah you beat me to it.

I just checked in Photoshop. The birds are in the same position. The photos didn't look too convincing. The silhouettes don't look consistant with one another between the pics either. I give it about a 1 out of 5. Good effort, but better luck next time.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think your photoshop may be faulty jra
The birds occupy the same area of sky, but they are not in the same positions. There is nothing unusual in this, they could be feeding. Sometimes the fake cry is too easy, like I said, I have seen this UAV and its not even my post.

jra

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well I don't have the 2nd image perfectly scalled down over top of the first one. I got it as close as I could. There are some slight positional changes with some of the birds, but we're talking only a few pixels here. And some of that is probably due to not having the picture scaled down perfectly. Either way, the birds bairly move and the plane is in a rather differnt position.

The UAV may be real, but perhaps these photos are not? It just doesn't look right to me.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Those two pictures were taken very close together, but it's not the same picture with the aircraft superimposed on both.

It looks like the object is actually in the picture and not added in later.

I'm no expert, but nothing stands out as far as these being faked.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join