It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm under surveillance. Please help...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Hi,

I'm not quite sure if there is a better place to post this but oh well.

I will admit that I'm paranoid. I think the gov't is out to get us... etc.
But I have been noticing some things that.. scare me a bit. I think I'm under surveillance. I believe this started when I still lived with my parents. I wasn't as paranoid then as I am now but I loved to search for anything alien, gov't conspiracy, hacking, espionage.. etc. One day as my mom and I were coming back from somewhere, we were just parking so we drove slow enough and my mom noticed that the house across and on the left from us had a car parked in front of it. It was facing our house and I didn't see it much but I did see that it was black. My mom said that there was a guy in a black suit and he had a bunch of electronics stuff in his car. It wasn't a police car. My mom and I were convinced that it was someone spying on the house that the car it was in front of (I'm gonna call it the green house). I didn't think anything of it.

A few months later, I saw a gas company truck.. which actually didn't make sense to me at the time and I don't remember the exact reasons right now as it was a long time ago. That was when I started suspecting that someone was watching me. But no worries. It's one time right? This continued though. I'd see weird cars and trucks in my neighborhood and one time I decided to go out to "get the mail" or really take a look at the licence plate. And the moment I stepped out the door it drove away.

Then I moved out much later. I got a job as a journalist and lived in a very quiet I would say part of town. It was very peaceful and for the first 2 weeks I didn't see any weird trucks, I didn't notice anyone following me.. I was at peace for the first time in forever. One day I wake up and go to the kitchen to make myself some tea. I notice a white van parked on the street right in front of my window. I'm thinking.. not again! But there's a way to check.. so I go outside with my tea cup to sit on my front porch. They don't move. I see a man's hand though.. there was one guy in the car in the driver's seat. I calm down a bit but still aren't sure. I stand up and the guy quickly moves his hand. Then I begin to walk to my door (the stairs to go out are right in front of the door) and he drives off. I knew then it was them.

I also was taking some classes the following fall and one morning (it was about 6-7 am) when I woke up I see another van parked outside in front of my place. This time it was dark green and it had some company's name on it. I wrote it down to check it out later. I put on my shoes and went outside and before I even opened the door they drove off. I began to literally freak out then. I didn't know what was going on and I just started crying. I talked to my mom and she thought that I just got my grandmother's DNA who thinks the TV takes pictures of her. Even I thought she was crazy. I talked to my best friend at the time and she just thought I was crazy. It was about then when we started drifting away.. So when I got to my college I looked up the company's name using every resource I knew and I knew a lot. Nada. Nothing. It didn't exist!

I take the bus to my college and about a week later when I was standing at the bus stop, I see the same green van. The bus stop I use is at the end of my street and I can see the house from it. The van turns on my street.. does a u-turn just past my house.. stops at my house for like.. 3 seconds and then drives off.

I've travelled and moved enough since then because my new job requires me to travel. At the last place I lived.. there was a pool and my friend was over to use the hot tub because she's been having back pains.. and I was just looking around and a normal car stops on the opposite street. It's relatively small. I get out my cell phone and it starts ringing! It's from a number I don't know but I pick it up. I hear a bit of static but mostly silence. And then the person hangs up and the car drives off.

Now I have moved to the OC.. for about 2-3 years I have to live here. I haven't noticed anything strange for the couple months being here until today. I went to the drug store to pick up some stuff and just when I got to the side walk I see a white van parked on the other side. Literally right across from the store I went to. It appeared that there was no one in the car and no driver. I began to remember but since there was no driver I assumed it was just broken down. Then I start walking towards my house and I notice the van... driving! It drove off pretty fast.

There were many things that happened but my memory of everything seems to be a bit blurry. Over the time I have recorded some licence plates in a book.. only if I can find that book now I have moved around so much I don't know where half of my stuff is. If I can find it i'll post it though.

I don't know who might be following me or why. But this is really freaking me out and I would like to receive some help if at all possible.

Yuriko

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Good luck, I am not going to get hooked into this one..

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
JUST GO ASK THEM their names! Or... Wait! A white van SERIOUSLY just pulled in front of my window! Oh no, not again.............

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Take pictures of the people who are following you. They may come and break your camera, have you arrested for harrassment or you will have proof that they exist. You have to remember that if you are in the US there are all sorts of new laws and surveilance being done in the name of protection from terrorists so be careful if you do take pictures.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hrm, if your under surveilence by a real government agency your not going to know it, it takes someone trained in surveilence to spot a tail by a real governement agency. If its indeed a real observation detail its not somebody particularly skilled if youve spotted or 'burned' them several times causing them to drive off.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I think I saw this movie before?

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by longhaircowboy
I think I saw this movie before?

Me too, and I give it 5 thumbs down

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hmmm, I'm probably wrong but this is just a random possibility that popped into my mind. Do you have any obsessed ex-lovers (or maybe even just a stalker) that would be willing to spend the money to have you tailed by some sort of private investigation agency? If there is an obsessed person involved they probably can't keep tabs on you on their own, after all you said you tend to relocate fairly regularly. Because I agree with the above post that said if it were a tail by a government agency, you'd probably never notice it.

I'm not trying to further freak you out. Just trying to help you get to the bottom of this. Just the thought of being under someone's magnifying glass is very unnerving.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Well first off, the government really does not need to use white panel vans to surveillance anyone nowadays. This only is done at a state level and then only if you are a pretty bad guy, like a drug lord, as that kind of surveillance is expensive. They can tap your phone, read your email, and track your car phone, etc. right from the comfort of an office somewhere for a lot less money. This sounds more like a private investigation company, like if someone were trying to prove insurance fraud or if an ex was having you watched, etc.

The bit about the car phone, tells me that someone was trying to scare you, and that points to a disgruntled Ex IMHO.

The best way to handle this is to call the police every time you see one of these suspicious vehicles. A suspicious vehicle call is a legitimate call to the police; tell them you think someone is stalking you. I would call a non-emergency number though. Get the license numbers, photograph them, and keep a log of times, dates, vehicle description, and what happened. If it is a private investigator, the police are going to find out and eventually if you make enough heat for them, they will have to explain to someone who their client is. Once you have that info, file a domestic Violence Injunction against them, and whammo, end of problem. If it ends up being an insurance investigation, you might need to get an attorney to tell the company to stop harassing you.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Y.O.,

Have you or your parents/relitives ever done anything that might get them studied by authorities or by "others" -read not government.

You need not answer the question to me, but think about it.

Was any of them involved in mafia/mob things?

Another question, you are being observed, have "they" ever interacted with you or any of your family/friends.

Do you know that this watching is to your determent? Could you be being protected by someone/some group?

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
The bit about the car phone, tells me that someone was trying to scare you, and that points to a disgruntled Ex IMHO.

The best way to handle this is to call the police every time you see one of these suspicious vehicles.

I definately don't have any Exs that would care about me. I'm on pretty good terms with all of them.

I was thinking about the police but there comes the idea that the police may be behind this..

But I will try to keep records as much as I can.

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Y.O.,

Have you or your parents/relitives ever done anything that might get them studied by authorities or by "others" -read not government.

Another question, you are being observed, have "they" ever interacted with you or any of your family/friends.

Do you know that this watching is to your determent? Could you be being protected by someone/some group?

Nope. None of my parents or relatives have any secret agenda. That I'm very definite about.

I don't believe they ever talked with my family.. Although there was this thing that happened. Someone called my grandmother back in Lux. and pretended to be me. And the person who was pretending to be me knew a lot about me.. at least that's what my grandmother said because all questions she asked this person are in context with what I was studying/doing at that time. As far as friends I'm also not sure about.. I always worry about my best friend nowadays because I keep on thinking she might get herself involved in something bad.. :S

I did join this club not too long ago that could possibly have (some bizzare) reason to 'surveil' me even though I'm not sure why. But I only joined them when I came to California. So that doesn't explain the other experiences I've had.

Yuriko

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yuriko Oyama
I definately don't have any Exs that would care about me. I'm on pretty good terms with all of them.

I was thinking about the police but there comes the idea that the police may be behind this..

But I will try to keep records as much as I can.

Well the federal government just would not go to the expense to do that type of surveillance on a normal person just because they read up on UFO’s and such. Like I said, they might do this on someone that is involved in the drug trade or something, simply because most of their dealings are going to be done on the street, in hotels, and person-to-person. In those instances, they would need to be able to do mobile surveillance to catch them in the act.

Even the expense of an individual paying to do that sort of surveillance is cost prohibitive. Only someone that had a financial reason to make it profitable in the long run (like an insurance company that is paying out on a monthly basis), or a serious axe to grind, would go through that effort and expense.
Besides the fact that in most states a PI does not have the legal authority to use the type of equipment in a surveillance van. They cannot tap your phone, shoot video in your house, or electronically eavesdrop on you. If they do this, without a court order, they are going to lose their license and perhaps do some serious time. As soon as they use electronic devices to monitor you they run afoul of most states wiretapping laws. If you don’t believe me call a PI and ask them what they think, what the cost would be for a long term surveillance, and while your at it have them do a bug/pen and trap sweep on your house, if you want to be sure.

If you contact the police, you will find out quick if its them, just by the way that they proceed with the process. Think about it, if this has followed you from state to state, then its most likely not a state agency doing it, so if you contact a state agency, they will have no idea what is going on and will have to investigate it. At some point, they know they will have to follow up with you as to what they found, and if they give you a BS story then maybe you have something to be worried about. If it’s a PI, they are most likely just going to tell you that straight out.

Still through all of this the part about them calling your phone is the part that does not fit. NO agency would do this! For that matter why would they do that? What sense does it make? If they are investigating you then that officer just got his phone number listed on your incoming calls list, and would most likely be out of a job come the next day. That was a scare tactic, someone was telling you to mind your own business, or letting you know they knew your phone number, or that they were aware that you were aware of them. That by itself tells me that if this all is not just a big coincidence, then it is something you need to call the police about.

Maybe without even knowing it, you have see someone doing something that they are not supposed to be up to and they are telling you to butt out. Maybe you have a neighbor that is under investigation and you keep interfering, maybe someone is peddling drugs in your area and they think you know about it, could be a ton of things. So if you are sure you have done nothing wrong besides post to a conspiracy site, and read up on iffy subjects, then contact the local authorities, what do you have to lose. After all that is what you pay them for...

[edit on 12/1/2005 by defcon5]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Sounds like you have some issues. Serious...issues...

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yuriko Oyama
There were many things that happened but my memory of everything seems to be a bit blurry. Over the time I have recorded some licence plates in a book.. only if I can find that book now I have moved around so much I don't know where half of my stuff is. If I can find it i'll post it though.

Uh, bad idea, I would not suggest posting anyone’s license plates on the web….
Especially if you suspect that they are government personnel, doubly so if they are agents…
What you can do with them though is send that list to a PI and have them run a DMV search on them, which should tell you who they are registered too and tell you who is behind this. This is the fastest easiest way to get some idea of what is going on. In addition, if you still have the phone number that you were called from, and its not to old, you can possible reverse search that and correlate it to the owner of one of those vehicles. If you do all this it is going to become really apparent to the PI and to you if this is a government thing or not.

[edit on 12/1/2005 by defcon5]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This article gave me the shivers. Anyway you did something wrong. Usually the vans won't just drive off and they will park across the street. Or I have seen govt guys do this for serious situations, they buy a house thats a few doors down and make it into like a tracking base. They track somebody from their and they have like a mini police station. It might even be happening on my street because I saw these guys, they have nothing in their house( I see through window) and they always have this white van.

What about when you were little, did you sneak out at night and see a millitary base? Cause I have been thinking about doing that, there is one near my house. Did you see any aliens?

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I find it sad, all the negativity being doled out here. This person seems to be concerned. They might be a troll, sure, but at least give them a chance. Besides, trolls don't last long here, so if you entertain one for a few posts, what does it hurt? on the other hand, if this is a person who is genuinely being followed, or maybe has a paranoia problem, negativity accomplishes nothing positive. As a side note, people are watched much more than you would think. As to who/why, even those who discover they are under some form of watch rarelly find out.

As for my advice...once upon a time, there was someone I knew, who had noticed some strange things, and wondered what was up. He didn't think it was really anything, exactly, but several very bizzare things had occured to him, and he had begun to wonder if perhaps there was some form of connection. Then one day, someone actually went to the extent of posing as a state police officer in an attempt to aprehend him. Point being, be aware. Don't be afraid, and don't let the experience overwhelm you. It COULD just be coincidence. But it won't hurt to be careful, either. Don't just dismiss it offhand because it's too "unreal." Cover your bases, keep records of anything you feel is nescessary. I would also advise having someone as a confident about it. If it's nothing, it's something you can laugh about later. If it's something, someone else has a clue, and can help.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Just thought of something though I don't know why this would happen where ever you live but...

What if the guys in the van just needed to turn around. You know like when you are driving and you need to go the other way you pull into someones driveway halfway and then pullout and turn around. What if they were just doing that. Could have gotten lost or something.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   
i don't know this guy,i've never had any contact with him ummm

i think that hiding in a cave is the best place and make sure it's moist never forget the mositness

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Ah we are all paranoid! Well I was doing some work with elctromagnetics and had some very odd things and people show up in the area over and over again. Everytime I tell myself its all in my head so I can continue my research and not worry about getting busted on some BS freq crap.

1)Record everything
2)Paper trail them as they do you

Thats the best way to stay safe if you play in dangerous arenas.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
Hrm, if your under surveilence by a real government agency your not going to know it, it takes someone trained in surveilence to spot a tail by a real governement agency.

This is true. They have been watching me for years and I don't have a clue.

Seriously, so long as all they do is drive off and sit in a van across the street, I say let em' sit there. Live your life and if all these losers have to do is track someone who read a of book or two on UFOs then its they who have issues not you. The way I see it, if some agency wants to listen in to my calls and know I gotta bring home milk and bread or spy on me while I mow the lawn then by all means knock yourselves out. Sheesh the only thing I can imagine more boring than my life is watching me live it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join