It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maitreya - Antichrist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Yup that's exactly what I believe as well. It will not be a single person, but nuclear technology is probably it. According to the nostradamus code the antichrist will rise to power right around Israel. They have nukes, so this is definately interesting..

Maitreya, I've read up on before. I think it's bs, but you never know.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanse_nz

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
The anti-christ will be a computer...

Yep. Technology in general is our anti-christ. It is taking the human races mind away from nautral beauty and giving time to others i.e. caring.
Eventually, technology will suck us all in.....and we won't know how to get out. Just my wacky opinion, but its realistic, I think. Who says the antichrist has to be a physical being, as such?

Ahh but this Is not possible In actual fact, computer scientists already know the limit In which computers will reach, they will never reach a state of consciousness and there are somthings the the human mind can do that a computer can never do. Consciousness In unique to Man and forever more remain so.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
"Ahh but this Is not possible In actual fact, computer scientists already know the limit In which computers will reach, they will never reach a state of consciousness and there are somthings the the human mind can do that a computer can never do. Consciousness In unique to Man and forever more remain so. " - sorry I don't know how to code the quotes.

With every new discovery in fields seemingly unrelated to computer science, our understanding of what is possible changes. The Turing Test is what has been widely used to describe whether or not true artificial intelligence and consciousness is possible, and thus far nothing can pass the test. But that is not to say that quantum technology (which may open doors that have never been dreamed of) or some other sort of biotech will change the way we think of computing. I think that even though we are reaching some limits in our current technology, like the sound barrier, they will be broken eventually. Scientists actually have no idea what limits there will be, they can only speculate with the knowledge that they have now. I am not saying that artificial intelligence is imminent, but I wouldn't rule out anything yet.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I wouldn't put much credence into the bible code, apparently Moby Dick has codes of it's own, it's bloody amazing ain't it!
cs.anu.edu.au...
Check it out.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by One_Love_One_GOD

Originally posted by sanse_nz

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
The anti-christ will be a computer...

Yep. Technology in general is our anti-christ. It is taking the human races mind away from nautral beauty and giving time to others i.e. caring.
Eventually, technology will suck us all in.....and we won't know how to get out. Just my wacky opinion, but its realistic, I think. Who says the antichrist has to be a physical being, as such?

Ahh but this Is not possible In actual fact, computer scientists already know the limit In which computers will reach, they will never reach a state of consciousness and there are somthings the the human mind can do that a computer can never do. Consciousness In unique to Man and forever more remain so.

I wasn't talking about AI limits.....I was talking about Man - and Man's inability to recognise their lack of appreciation for the wonders of life. Look at kids today - spending all their time either playing electronic games or playing on computers. Adults too, becoming so engrossed in computers that the important things in life become secondary.
Technology has made it easier for the perverted to 'feed' their need and therefore increase it etc etc etc. Identity thefts, monetary scams etc. Technology is taking over the mind - not because computers are becoming powerful, but because mankind doesn't know moderation much anymore.

Hey, I love computers, and games. I really do. But I see a major change in mankind due to technology, and drugs o'course. It just feels like our standards and appreciation for being at a beautiful park (for example) are disappearing.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PtDisc
"Ahh but this Is not possible In actual fact, computer scientists already know the limit In which computers will reach, they will never reach a state of consciousness and there are somthings the the human mind can do that a computer can never do. Consciousness In unique to Man and forever more remain so. " - sorry I don't know how to code the quotes.

With every new discovery in fields seemingly unrelated to computer science, our understanding of what is possible changes. The Turing Test is what has been widely used to describe whether or not true artificial intelligence and consciousness is possible, and thus far nothing can pass the test. But that is not to say that quantum technology (which may open doors that have never been dreamed of) or some other sort of biotech will change the way we think of computing. I think that even though we are reaching some limits in our current technology, like the sound barrier, they will be broken eventually. Scientists actually have no idea what limits there will be, they can only speculate with the knowledge that they have now. I am not saying that artificial intelligence is imminent, but I wouldn't rule out anything yet.

This may be true but then we are using the ''Created'' and not ''Creating''.

Biological computers are/will be nothing more than trying to mimic the human mind, falling short of course, a soulless human entity If you will.

Maybe the soul Is what defines consciousness, morality and the like.

But then whats the difference between that and cloning, whos to say that GOD would not give a clone a sole? If we are born of a womb of some sort we are still equal imo.

It's all down to what GOD allows, authority from GOD himself.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
sanse_nz

Great ideas, couldn't agree more. The fact that technolgy is getting so cheap as well doesn't help. Who needs to worry about the millions of children starving around the world when I can flick the channel of my plasma TV i got for less than $2000 and turn to the shopping channel and buy a RONCO food dehydrator for 3 easy payments of $39.99?! (ahh thats better) Or how about a pair of battery operated automoatic scissors? All we do is consume resources, and impose miltary strength when needed to keep prices down and the machine chuggin along.Turning a blind eye is the worst mistake modern man is making, and technology just helps us justify it to ourselves and makes it WAY too easy. (and if technolgoy in general can be referred to the Antichrist of sorts, this kind of "brainwashing" is only going to get worse as technolgy get "shinier" and cheaper)
Don't get me wrong, there are great organizations/goverment policies out there that do help other countries, I just think its grossly disproportionate to what we take in/consume.
Anyway, very well said and good point sanse_nz, I always thought the same. Just adding my .02.

[edit on 28-1-2006 by Amano_Jacku]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I think the Anti Christ will be a person because by very definition "ANTI-CHRIST" is the opposite of Jesus christ.

Therefore if the end times are near maybe this Maitreya is him.
SCAREY

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Kuhl,

Would you maybe buy the idea that technology may be at least a tool for said antichrist? Maybe the seeds where planted for it (technology) a long time ago by the antichrists' papi to facilitate his coming/takeover when the time came
? Just a thought...

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Yes I am sure the anti-christ will use technology as a tool of course

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
i don't want to upset anybody but you are all wrong. does not revelation state that antichrist has a number and a sign and a name. first lets start with the number 666 was not christ betrayed at the sixth hour of the night was he not crucified on the sixth day did he not die at the sixth hour hence 666 however this is not all of the story. in the year 666 we have the first transliteration of the bible that changed the name of christ into a name that had no power

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
ah folks, who can say what will be, for we usually distort what happened yesterday. We should look upon ourselves as good deed doer's and not look for some astral being to come down at the last minute to save us from ourselves. We need to save ourselves by becoming and doing what each of us is capable of doing;loving G_D,loving each other and doing good deeds. Huddle in the cave my fellow traveler's and fear the thunder and lightenning of the unknown. Pray for superman or the lone ranger to save you from your fears. Save yourself, my friends. In your soul is a light,a seed that has been planted by the Maker,and if you wake it up, it will guide you in your search for truth,happiness and purpose. Be the superman of your soul. Wake it up, be the person that you know you already are. Go love your fellow beings and do good, the rest will take care of itself...namaste

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I think it was Mabus. However, Nostrodamus' prophesies may or may not be accurate, as he got his visions from occultic practices, the same source as the Anticrhrist gets his power. The Bible is the most reliable source for prophetic information (in fact, Nostrodamus got the idea of an antichrist and of a thousand-year peace from the Bible). The one they are calling Maitreya fits the biblical description of the Antichrist more than anyone I have ever heard of, if the claims being made about him are accurate. Furthermore, if you search YouTube for "Maitreya Anticrhrist 666" you should find a video that shows how the name Maitreya, in both Hebrew and Greek, has a gematria of 666. This guy totally fits the bill.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I personally feel that it is possible that Maitreya is the Anti Christ and that if he is then the main reason why he has not revealed himself yet is simply that God is currently preventing that from happening until all of the gentiles (non jewish people) who will be "saved" are saved and then he will take all christians to Heaven in the Rapture or keep all of them safe through some other major miracles while all of the events predicted in the book of Revelation unfold which make up the seven year tribulation. However no one knows how things will unfold or when this world will end so the important thing is that as far as I believe God will conquer Satan/ Lucifer/ Beelzebul/ etc. and then he will live with his people on Earth as he always intended since way back in the Garden Of Eden.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by StemCell
Many now expect the return of their awaited Teacher, whether they call him the Christ, Messiah, the fifth Buddha, Krishna, or the Imam Mahdi. Millions now know that the Teacher who fulfills all these expectations is already living among us.

Maitreya, the World Teacher, has not come alone, but with a group of wise Teachers who have long guided humanity from behind the scenes.

They are returning to the everyday world to help us solve our most critical global problems. Maitreya is not a religious leader, but an educator in the broadest sense.

He is here to inspire us to create a new era based on sharing and justice, so that all may have the basic necessities of life: food, shelter, health care, and education.

His open mission in the world is about to begin. As Maitreya himself has said: 'Soon, now very soon, you will see my face and hear my words.'

His "spokesman" Benjamin Creme has been traveling around the world nearly 30 years, telling people about this Maitreya, who is, he says, going to bring peace to the world.

Share international is Benjamin Cremes UN funded organization, spreading the word about this person who is coming.

I heard Ben on Coast to Coast, and i gotta tell yah, it's some weird stuff. When George was in his 3rd hour, he couldn't continue because he felt "weak", like somthing has drained his energy. He didn't like that, because in his mind, somthing that could do that, can't be anything good.

Read up about him. Could he be a person who will help mankind, or is he A/The Antichrist. Maitreya.

-Ryan

I do not know if that person is the Anti- Christ respectfully I doubt it because I think he should rise rapidly on the scene in the public eye and this guy has been around awhile.

I do think maybe there is a connection to the name Maitreya and the Antichrist , it very well could be that will be the name of the Antichrist.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
lol you got it right pal
faair play ; )

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king."

I wouldn't worry too much.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
Yup that's exactly what I believe as well. It will not be a single person, but nuclear technology is probably it. According to the nostradamus code the antichrist will rise to power right around Israel. They have nukes, so this is definately interesting..

Maitreya, I've read up on before. I think it's bs, but you never know.

BENJAMIN SOLARI
www.edicolaweb.net...

"The beginning of the end will be soon arrived! The man will annihilate his own being, the biology will exclaim that it has discovered how to create life without the necessity of the masculine being, but with the use of glycerin took out of the cells. He will start to make beings without future, but with lives of unknown ways. Will be arrived, in that time, the atomic explosions, and they will cause the destruction of every being , the radiation will kill, and will cause to birth monsters from every mother, whether animal or vegetable, the mineral will disintegrate. Since the 66 the man will be born with his bones crystallized because of the presence of the strontium, and the strontium will cause in his life his disaster, will annihilate his brain, will change his genetic sperm, will kill his red corpuscle, will increase the cancerology up to the extreme level that will be a general cancer. The nucleonic power will dominate, and the yellows with the Russians will question power profits in that sense. The 666 will be already arrived with its hands full of nuclear power of mysterious and paralyzing beams. With new microbes from electronic centrifugal in artificial comets with the..." (year 1936)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join