It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Robertson warns "God has left your town"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Pat Robertson warned the Town of Dover, Pennsylvania to expect something disastrous to happen. This warning comes after the city voted out everyone in the school board who supported intelligent design. Dover voted them out in an effort to keep religion out of its public schools.

www.msnbc.msn.com
"WASHINGTON - Conservative Christian televangelist Pat Robertson told citizens of a Pennsylvania town that they had rejected God by voting their school board out of office for supporting “intelligent design” and warned them Thursday not to be surprised if disaster struck."

“I’d like to say to the good citizens of Dover: if there is a disaster in your area, don’t turn to God, you just rejected him from your city,” Robertson said on his daily television show broadcast from Virginia, “The 700 Club.”

"In voting Tuesday, all eight school board members up for re-election in Dover, Pa., lost their seats after trying to introduce “intelligent design” to high-school science students as an alternative to the theory of evolution."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

That...was the most pompous and idiotic thing I have ever heard that man say. Who does he think he is saying that top people whose only problem is disagreeing with him. I think Robertson really needs something to happen to him to bring him back to our world. He has to realize he can't go around saying things like this all the time. It's disgusting and insulting.

It's their choice to allow intelligent design or not, they chose no. So Robertson should be the biggger man and let it go without throwing a tantrum like a 3 year old. The city is doing what they feel best for the children, not what religion feels is right. I applaud them in slapping the religious zealots in the face.

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com
www.msnbc.msn.com
www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
so god is a vengefull, angry dude who doesn't forget?

I'm not catholic so correct me if I'm wrong but isn't god supposed to be forgiving and peaceful (for the most part, there are stories of the wraith and all that)?

I guess the whole town will be saying a few hail marys

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'm not sure exactly what Robertson is, but he isn't a Catholic.

This guy fell off his rocker years ago, I don't know why anyone still listens to him.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The thing that bugs me is that I know that there are moderate Christians out there, but they never join together in protest. People say that the Christian religion is one of peace, I mean, that whole believe in the Christian religion or rot in hell never really struck a chord with me, but Christians have done some good works throughout time. But when Pope John Paul protested the Iraq invasion and occupation, where was the protest from the Christians?

I wish that they would join together and preach what I interpret Jesus' message is. Love and compassion. Remember those "WWJD" bracelets? You never see Jesus's teachings practised anymore. It's all twisted to play people against one another.

If you took everything Jesus said about the poor, and took it out of what some Christians call the "New Testament" you'd have a pamphlet of bable. No one practices what the religion is about any more.

All I hear from the Christians in the media is hate.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
You would think that such a learned man, would have come across a reference to "false prophets" and a little somthin called "judge not, lest ye be judged"

also maybe a little realization that most christians dont agree with him
but his pulpit has made him egoistic, and prideful (both sins) and he now feels like he can dictate what god wants...

I dont worry though
... god always has really neat and ironic ways of dealing with such "high and mightys" and they always serve his purpose even when they are so wrong... I wouldn't stand very close to Pat for awhile, just in case Gods accuracy is a little off... after all, it has been awhile since the last smiting, he might be a bit rusty...

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Pat's version of God is just like him, I wonder if Pat's God will run for elections next time.

I wonder who are Pat followers and how in the Heck they still support him, they all should be screen for metal confusion.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I would have to assume that if Pat Robertson really does converse with the lord all mighty, most of the conversations probably start with:

God: "You told them I said what!?"

Pat: "I told them lord, that you had abandoned Pennsylvania"

God: "Jesus Christ!"

Jesus: "Yeah Dad?"

God: "Oh, sorry nothing son. See here Pat, all I said was I wouldn't be caught dead in Pennsylvania in August. We were talking about the weather and I just think it's far too humid there in late summer. This is venezuela all over again!"

Pat: "I thought you were being cryptic?"

God: "That's not gonna cut it this time, now go back there and tell them not to cancel arrested development, I've got a two o'clock tee time with elvis and bruce lee".

Spiderj

[edit on 11/11/2005 by Spiderj]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It just bugs me how stupid he is.

He calls for the assassination of Hugo Chavez, calls for liberal judges to fall (Sandra Day O'Conner then stepped down), when that happened he calld for another liberal judge to fall (Rehnquist then died), now this. What does it take for people to shut gim up.

By the way, I really liked he God/Robertson convo. quite funny.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
"“I’d like to say to the good citizens of Dover: if there is a disaster in your area, don’t turn to God, you just rejected him from your city,” Robertson said on his daily television show broadcast from Virginia, “The 700 Club.” "

---------------------------------------------------------------

I just love that quote!! aren't the ministers and such susposed to be trying to draw people to God?? what the heck is this guy doing?? nope, don't turn to God, now......doesn't even matter if you were one of the few who actually voted for these people....nope!!! God will judge you on the actions of your neighbors!! so don't turn to God for help now, no, no, no.....he'll smite you dead!!!

I still say that there's a spirit rising up in the world and if and when it gets strong enough, it will manifest itself as the antichrist.....and this guy seems to be singing it's tune. Run away from God people, run far far away!!! don't turn to him in your hour of need! run away, run away!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Spider
Worthy of the "chuckle of the day" award.

Pat is going senile. His latest comments are typical of dementia. Sad part is he will get more paranoid and psychotic as time goes on. Time to give the old guy a rocking chair at the monestary and let him talk to the cats. Suprised the 700 club hasn't put him in the home already.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

applaud them in slapping the religious zealots in the face.

More like slapped down

[edit on 11-11-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Pat is the Ann Coulter of religion. He makes those outrageous statements very probably because it gets people talking about him and his show... free publicity, hence ratings.

Curme - Pat Robertson is not even worth the effort moderate Christians would put into going out and protesting. Although non-believing, I date a churchgoing Catholic who actually does ministry work in her parish. I tend to believe that real Christians have their actions speak for them, not their words. And if Pat Robertson is threatening destruction on a town because it dared think for itself, then he doesn't know much about God, human nature or Christianity.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'll agree that Pat Robertson is past the point where he can be an effective leader or preacher or evangelist. In the western societies, we don't expect people in leadership roles to make such ridiculous statements. We expect more adherence to freedm of religious choice and freedom of speech. And tolerance.

Funny, though, this is not the case in all religions or cultures. I have seen far more radical statements from imams that their followers accept as gospel truth.

But on the other hand, I am mildly surprised at the voters of Dover, PA., who rejected eight school board members. To me, this is the more interesting story. How vocal were the eight school board members? Were they so zealous as to turn the electorate against them? Many questions linger.

So, Pat is wrong (again) but we've come to expect this from him. But, where is the rest of the story?

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
But on the other hand, I am mildly surprised at the voters of Dover, PA., who rejected eight school board members. To me, this is the more interesting story. How vocal were the eight school board members? Were they so zealous as to turn the electorate against them? Many questions linger.

They were Republicans. It's that simple. The reverse coat tail happened in local elections all over the country for the off year vote (plus two governorships). The only significant R win was for incumbant NYC Mayor Bloomberg, who's governs like a Dem anyway.

But it's the grassroots that matter. Dems starting picking up state legislative majorities in 2004 and it's continuing. This is where districting comes from.

The reason? Mainstream America now sees people like Pat Robertson as the voice of the Republican Party (didn't think I'd get back on topic did ya?).

It's the great RINO realignment. The GOP press conference call this week was absolutely hilarious. Asked why this or that historically Republican affluent suburb suddenly went Dem on Tuesday, Melmahn said something like "We've got to do a better job. Some people don't know they're Republicans."

Right. Let's hope Pat Robertson continues to spread the word.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
God has a special place reserved for those that misrepresent him.

Good luck Pat, TBN and 700 Club

Sincerely,

Jesus of Nazareth

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
What gets me is the people of Dover didn't reject God, they rejected the right wing lunatics who want everyone to believe they speak for God. Nothing makes a right winger more rabid then having their dogma shot down.

Pat Robertson is past the point of being a joke.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   

They were Republicans. It's that simple. The reverse coat tail happened in local elections all over the country for the off year vote (plus two governorships). The only significant R win was for incumbant NYC Mayor Bloomberg, who's governs like a Dem anyway.

I never thought of that. But who thinks of school boards being Repub/Dem anyway? I think of them being moms and dads.

Mehlman said that, eh? :shk: And I thought that he was a bright boy, too.

Well the Repubs have only themselves to blame. They took all their political capital and went through it faster than a 21 year old loser goes through an inheritance.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Only anti-religious morons, allow Pat air time to spout his lunacy

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I wasnt aware that God gave Robertson power if attorney to act in his name. Whats up? Is god too busy that he doesnt have time to send plagues and pestillance, that he had to contract out to some earthly franchises? Maybe hes too busy making preperations for the end of the world.

Anyway, Robertson is among the lowest life forms on earth. Im sure that if disaster did strike Dover, that he would rub it in with gloom and doom, like he did to America after 9/11, saying we got attacked because we turned away from God and now hes punishing us. Whatever.

If thats the kind of god he worships, no wonder Christianity is in a decline. If some god sent natural disaster my way because of something petty and trivial like this, Id be more inclined NOT to worship him, since such actions would be proof that such a god is an egotistical, juvinile, and selfsih, manic diety in need of professional counseling.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
He should be arrested and thrown away in Gitmo. Can you imagine what would happen if it were a Muslim religious "leader" saying "God has left you... do not be surprised when disaster strikes your town?"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join