It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Convention???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I don't know where I should post this so I am doing it here. Mods, feel free to shuffle at will.

I am sure that someone has posted a similar thread, but there is way too much too dig through. So my apologies in advance if this has been already discussed.

I realize that this board is huge - I can only guess there would be multiple thousands who are active members, and thousands more who would be considered casual observers.

Has ATS ever thought about having a conspiracy convention?

It's amazing to communicate and exchange ideas over the information super highway, but I think there is something to be said for meeting other forum contributors face to face. There is something lost in internet communication.

I don't know how many other web forums have done such a thing, but I think it'd be a good way to make friends and contacts with like minded individuals. Just imagine finding out that some of these members could be your neighbours, imagine the possibilities.

It'd be cool to get some guest speakers and offer seminars as well.

So what do people on here think about that (if it hasn't already been discussed)? I'd be interested to know how many people would be interested?

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
As someone who chaired several science fiction conventions and worked on a number of World Science Fiction conventions (and NASFiC and Dragoncon), I would be deighted to go to such a con.

But Ah ain't gonna run one!

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Sounds liek a great idea. Who's backyard are we going to trash out?
Gotta swimming pool?
Never mind the swimming pool, I'd rather it be in the winter. I hate heat.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I would love to go to one if is not to far away from my home state, it would be wonderful.

I don't mind going a few states to get to one, as long as I don't have to travel on an airplane.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think after the TV show becomes a hit I can see conventions popping up all over the place.

But thats just my vision, I don't work here

[edit on 8/11/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Above all...lets not have a conventional convention.

Lets make it a Whispers game where the first one at the venue chosen by the Three Amigos gets an ATS T-shirt and 100,000 ATS points.

I can see the marque now...ATS Unconvention...nothing to see here...move along...move along.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I would love to come, Marg, i'll go pick you up and we can both fly together.

Somehow, i get the feeling if we both were to walk into a room full of ATS'rs they'd KNOW who we were.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Hell why do one when you can do two. ATS west and ATS east. Then get some competer geeks to set up a live feed between the two.

yet... I digress, continue discussion.

cjf

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
-[snip]-
But Ah ain't gonna run one!

I hear you!

However; it is not an unattainable task. I am willing to wager there is already a plan in existance. The drive would naturally have to come from the top, but what a great marketing/pr etc. event as well as tangible value/experience for members whom choose to be active…if…

However, on a serious note, I would support a sanctioned ‘convention’ even perhaps in two or more different hemispheres and lend contacts/support ‘mechanisms’ for leaning toward assistance/general affordability for established members desiring to attend.

‘Do-ability’ is completely aligned with planning; again, I am fairly sure this ‘mention’ is not new.

None-the-less it would be interesting.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I have thought of this, too. I was thinking of OK City, as that has some conspiracy to it (OKC Bombing).

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Actually, I am trying to get ATS on a program slot at the next Dragoncon. Or at a very minimum, get a couple of admins on a panel in the Electronic Freedom programming track.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I would love to come, Marg, i'll go pick you up and we can both fly together.

Somehow, i get the feeling if we both were to walk into a room full of ATS'rs they'd KNOW who we were.

I bet they would
we are the latin chicks
I would no be able to stop laughing.

Ok will be quite a trip for me.

cjf

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I have thought of this, too. I was thinking of OK City, as that has some conspiracy to it (OKC Bombing).

I would look at New Orleans for many purposes----of course including conspiracies etc.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I hope you guys don't mind but I will be dressing up like my avatar.

See you at ATScon 2012

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
And the thing is, each members wears a name tag with their online ID

That way no one will know who anyone else actually is. Well, no one except the government who probably already has each of us listed in their black book.

I'd attend, as long as it wasn't overseas. I hate flying.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Me, too. My avatar is me, too!
How cool is that, Umbrax? People will recognize us right off!

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I found you TC.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Sounds liek a great idea. Who's backyard are we going to trash out?
Gotta swimming pool?

I have a pool and a pond, but ..uh..the pond would be great for you!

Seriously, this would be an awesome event and it would be great to meet everyone in person. The only problem I could see would be picking a good centralized location. We have members from all over the globe, so location would be key for a large turn out. I'll bring the soda/pop and chips.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Umbrax...be looking out for another Cloud. We shall have a grand duel to see who reigns superior. Mwhahahaha. Mwhahahahahahahahahah. Mwhshaahehahshahahahah!!!!

...anyway, I think one of the multiple conventions (there should be at least two) should be in Roswell, New Mexico. Seems like an ideal place considering what ATS is all about.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Being an amateur documentary filmaker I'd be more then happy to make a weird little documentary on the whole conspiracy subculture and this would be the final climax to the entire film. I promise to post it on the web, for free, for any who want it. Oh and don't forget to wear your costumes, for cinematic appeal of course!

I'd travel to Roswell... I like that idea. Get Stanton to come down... hell I'll even drive him down! He's a crazy canuck like me, a friend of mine shot an interview with him... hmmm.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join