It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Jazeera unbiased???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Not that I ever thought it was, but some here like to think so. I was reading the site today, and saw an excellent example illustrating their bias....just thought I'd point it out as a tidbit...

Other Top Stories:

US Troops kill Fallujah teenager
Spanish PM in Libya
Hamas member killed
US-Isreali couple sue over Jerusalem
Arafat: I will die a martyr
New Saddam tape tells US to get out
Hizb Allah expects prisoner swap
US turns up WMD heat on Syria

yep...unbiased alright....

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Yes, i would say that Al-Jazeera is unbiased..

They tell the truht.

Or have you seen these news on the CNN of FOX?

This is something that even US 'free media' wants to hide..

Makes me just wonder how 'free' are they at the 'end'..

Or how unbiased is the US media if it doesnt tell you these things.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It does tell me all these things. However I would say the 'tone' of the comentators is somewhat pro-American. They are American after all though.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I don't think Gazrock was saying American media is unbiased. It was exactly opposite. What he was doing was showing that the Al Jazeera is just as biased as the American media.

There is no such thing anywhere in the world (that I have found yet) that could truely be considered UNBIASED media.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Some of the stories run are abit bias, but we can't blame them, we get edited bias media in our countries.

I was concerned though, during the Gulf War, they ran quite a few Anti-American stories. Well, I suppose the same way Britain did.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho
I don't think Gazrock was saying American media is unbiased. It was exactly opposite. What he was doing was showing that the Al Jazeera is just as biased as the American media.

There is no such thing anywhere in the world (that I have found yet) that could truely be considered UNBIASED media.

Yeah, your right.. but nobody cant claim that Al-Jazeera spreads 'propaganda' or 'lies'. As they dont, they just tell the truht.. and this usually is bad for US gov. so they bash Al-Jazeera, and kill their camera men and reporters.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I can not believe that anyone (save a comedian) could call Al-Jazeera neutral.

That is not to say that many American media sources are greatly pro-american.

But at least hold a little credibility for yourself and admit al-jazeera does have a rather slanted view of world politics.

Wonder why they took down the cartoon of the twin towers shown as burning gas pumps... interesting...

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
I can not believe that anyone (save a comedian) could call Al-Jazeera neutral.

That is not to say that many American media sources are greatly pro-american.

But at least hold a little credibility for yourself and admit al-jazeera does have a rather slanted view of world politics.

Wonder why they took down the cartoon of the twin towers shown as burning gas pumps... interesting...

Listen here buddy boy.. if you think for a second that what US is 'telling', 'saying' or 'doing' is right or just..
you are dead wrong.

And what comes to the 'US view'.. lets not get started on that.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   
OK uninen...

Everything everyone but you says is biased.

Everything you like to read is unbiased, everything anyone else likes to read is biased.

i didn't ask to hear your bull# about how what the American government is "doing" isn't right. who the hell was talking about government? what exactly are you smoking over there man?

I said American media often shows pro-american bias. Al jazeera often shows clear pro-arab bias.

Even al jazeera wouldn't argue this. And at least al jazeera would stick to the topic of MEDIA.

Not government evil bull#.

Pay attention please.

[Edited on 9-19-2003 by Djarums]

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I don't see why the United States doesn't use Al-Jazeera to their advantage. Those tapes had to have come from somewhere. Just trace back the person who gave Al-Jazeera the tape, then find out who he got the tape from, and so on and and so on until you get to Saddam himself, or Bin Laden, or whoever. The person recording with the camera must have given the tape to someone, and that person gave it to another person, and kept handing it down until they got it to Al-Jazeera. Just trace back the hands that passed the video down.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Haha, I found this thread at random while researching the enigma game, and I am happy that I did just so I could mention the wikileaks cables about aljazeera being told what to do by the us gov. I believe the guy running aljazeera just resigned because of that cable. So...what exactly was the us gov telling them to do?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
More from unbiased Al Jazeera:
Samer Allawi, recruited by Hamas in 1993, convicted for promoting terror group's goals through position as al-Jazeera reporter

www.ynetnews.com...

new topics

top topics

join