It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Army needs help big time!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
link< br />

string of deadly attacks against Iraqi forces in the spring, American soldiers in the Diyala Province northeast of Baghdad established an operation at their Army base to add armor to the unprotected open-bed trucks used by the Iraqis. But it is a meager enterprise: four Iraqi ironworkers armed with two welding torches and thin sheets of metal.

Even as American forces are relying more on Iraqis to fight the insurgency, the Iraqi Army is facing some of the same procurement problems that American troops have experienced in getting adequate armor and other equipment, according to interviews in Iraq with American and Iraqi military officials. But if the Americans have faced an uphill battle in getting vital gear - their shortfalls continue to this day - then their Iraqi counterparts are confronting a herculean task.

The biggest shortage is in fortified vehicles. Unlike the Americans, the vast majority of Iraqis have neither armored nor unarmored Humvees, and are still having to navigate the booby-trapped roads of Iraq in pickup and flatbed trucks. The makeshift armoring operation started in the spring has managed to reinforce only about three dozen vehicles, leaving several hundred more still needing shields, according to American soldiers involved in the operation.

Meanwhile, Iraqi deaths continue to mount, particularly in Diyala Province where American troops have been working since February to engage more Iraqi troops in the war. At least 209 Iraqi soldiers and police officers have been killed this year in the provincial capital, Baquba, and a swath of the surrounding province, compared with the deaths of eight American soldiers in the same area, according to records released to The New York Times by American military officers who are working with the Iraqi troops.

if we want American troops out of Iraq, we as well as the Iraqi govt must provide the means for the Iraqi forces if they are to able to do their job effectively. dont let all those Iraqi army soldiers die because of not much body armor or somthing dat the Americans faced during 2003 and 2004. we can minimize the number of deaths if we are to increase the number of Iraqi soldiers otherwise the insurgets will kill more than we can produce and the American forces will have to stay alot longer than it should be.

NR

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
You guys are doing a bad job in Iraq, you guys havent even finished training the first battalian of iraqi army and only trained less than 500 troops
Iraq turned to Iran to train their troops.

NR

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This is for people like Skippy and trueAmerican saying the insurgents are defeated, lmao you know they are growing but you dont want to admit it, its ok i know what position your in....

[edit on 29-10-2005 by NR]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR
This is for people like Skippy and trueAmerican saying the insurgents are defeated, lmao you know it too but you dont want to admit it, its ok i know what position your in....

i dont remember ever sayin the insurgents were defeated nor did i ever mention insurgents are winning either did i? the war is still goin on and victory could go either way but it seems to me dat it could go to our side.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The insurgents could be destroyed in a matter of days if we fought as they did. We being in the media spotlight must adhere to rules of engagement and try our best to not involve civilians. If we didn't care about the civilians then we could wipe out our enemy in no time.

NR

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Originally posted by NR
This is for people like Skippy and trueAmerican saying the insurgents are defeated, lmao you know it too but you dont want to admit it, its ok i know what position your in....

i dont remember ever sayin the insurgents were defeated nor did i ever mention insurgents are winning either did i? the war is still goin on and victory could go either way but it seems to me dat it could go to our side.

Nah dude not you, you know how this hole iraqi war and the situation its in but westpoint,Trueamerican,Skippy like to say alot of crapp but in reality they know it too.

[edit on 29-10-2005 by NR]

NR

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
The insurgents could be destroyed in a matter of days if we fought as they did. We being in the media spotlight must adhere to rules of engagement and try our best to not involve civilians. If we didn't care about the civilians then we could wipe out our enemy in no time.

Matter of days huh? you bomb the hell out of iraq and even used napalm on civilians and your armys death is still growing, any words on that?

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Matter of days huh? you bomb the hell out of iraq and even used napalm on civilians and your armys death is still growing, any words on that?

If we continued bombing the hell out of Iraq from day one without stopping, what would the outcome be? We didn't go to Iraq to destroy the populace as you know. We do have the means to do as I said and of course we never would. Thankfully.

Do you not expect death in war? How many insurgents have been KIA in comparison? We are few but in my eyes too many yet many many more insurgents have been KIA than in our military. any words on that?

NR

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You

If we continued bombing the hell out of Iraq from day one without stopping, what would the outcome be? We didn't go to Iraq to destroy the populace as you know. We do have the means to do as I said and of course we never would. Thankfully.

Do you not expect death in war? How many insurgents have been KIA in comparison? We are few but in my eyes too many yet many many more insurgents have been KIA than in our military. any words on that?

I know i'm just saying, you can keep bombing Iraq, you can shoot their cvilianz or keep killing their insurgents but theres always going to be road side bombs on every corner, RPG attacks infront of you or from both of your sides and gunfire always coming from your back.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
To far off topic to remain.

Mod Note: WOT Posting Conduct – Please Review Link.

Mod Edit: Civility.

[edit on 29/10/2005 by Mirthful Me]

NR

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
To far off topic to remain.

Mod Note: WOT Posting Conduct – Please Review Link.

Mod Edit: Civility.

[edit on 29/10/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Let's stick with this:

War On Terrorism » Iraqi Army needs help big time!!!

Hint: Chat is not part of that topic.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Just a little more love,
Just a little more peace,
Is all it takes,
To live the dream,
Work hand in hand,
To understand,
And one day you too,
Could live in harmony

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
NR, I am sure they -Iran- have made the offer.
The problem is they have made it for the wrong reason-imo
I believe they made it to start making inroads into Iraq, as well as cause further problems for America/allies.
The terrorists have the people in Iraq so scarred, they hope removing the Americans and bringing the Iranians in will stop the terrorists from killing the Iraqy people so much, so often
Iran is also probably looking for friends since it's words have been condemed by most of the world.
They may even be looking for partners to carry out their threat.
Also realize, the American troops/allies are in the way of Iranian troops trying to invade Israel.
Also with the American trops/ships gone they can roll tanks and fly planes/missles to Israel to carry out their threat, without worry.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Funny you mention it deltaboy, because I have never said anything like that either. NR certainly DOES like to say a lot of junk.

And deltaboy, you heard about what the US troops were having to resort to to get their vehichles armoured, didn't ya? Going to junkyards and using anything they could find to attach to the vehicles for protection. I don't know if you remember that news story here, but it is here. Somewhere. And it also came out in the mainstream news, where Cheney took the hit over it and it caused a big stink.

I think you make a good point deltaboy, that we really do need to help equip them properly to have defenses against today's insurgent weapons. That is if we want the Iraqi army to survive a post-withdraw Iraq. And it would also be nice if we could equip our own troops properly. I mean I don't agree with that war necessarily but damn, at least protect our troops.

NR

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Than perhaps your president isnt doing his job!!! you guys been there for over 5 years and you havent even finished training less than 500 troops. I did not even point out my finger at delta boy and your just mad because Iran is already nuclear power and theres nothin u can do about it.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NR
Than perhaps your president isnt doing his job!!! you guys been there for over 5 years and you havent even finished training less than 500 troops. I did not even point out my finger at delta boy and your just mad because Iran is already nuclear power and theres nothin u can do about it.

Look NR, not to upset you.......but one day..........iran is going to get the snot kicked out of it by Israel/America/Europe........theres nothin u can do about it!!!!!

NR

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Your not upseting me bro your just expressing out your opinion
but like i said if U.S/Europe/Israel wanted to attack us than how come they arent doing it now? remember were open 24/7.

[edit on 30-10-2005 by NR]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NR
Your not upseting me bro your just expressing out your opinion
but like i said if U.S/Europe/Israel wanted to attack us than how come they arent doing it now? remember were open 24/7.

[edit on 30-10-2005 by NR]

NR,

Lets put it this way. The western powers are like a bunch of roommates. The Iranian issue is like a dirty kitchen floor. The roommates tromp around not wanting to really have to deal with the dirty work. Finally the day comes when everyone gets tired of looking at the dirty mess and either one person jumps in and wipes it clean, or they all pitch in and swift the dirty mess away.
So, don't worry NR......Your day will come. Don't get so excited. You will get your wish at the time of our choosing.

Carburetor

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Carburetor
Lets put it this way. The western powers are like a bunch of roommates. The Iranian issue is like a dirty kitchen floor. The roommates tromp around not wanting to really have to deal with the dirty work. Finally the day comes when everyone gets tired of looking at the dirty mess and either one person jumps in and wipes it clean, or they all pitch in and swift the dirty mess away.
So, don't worry NR......Your day will come. Don't get so excited. You will get your wish at the time of our choosing.

Carburetor

Why do i have a feeling that more and more Darwin Award winners are hanging on ATS?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join