It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Two Israeli Air Strikes Hit Gaza Strip

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Two Israeli attacks have targetted Palestinian forces who were firing rockets into southern Israel. Israel has stepped up a deadly all out defensive air campaign in the Gaza strip that has left one Palestinian militant dead in the past two days. The offensive began after a suicide bomber outside a falafel stand near Hadera killed five Israeli's on Wednesday. Israel says that seeing as the palestianians cannot control the militants, there can be no peace.

www.news.com.au

The vehicle was reduced to a mass of burnt metal and the body of 28-year-old Magid Natatt, who belonged to the nebulous faction that is loosely linked to Palestinian leader Mahmud Abbas's ruling Fatah party, torn to pieces.

A fellow Al-Aqsa militant was admitted to hospital with moderate injuries and witnesses said another comrade fled the vehicle after the explosion.

The Israeli army confirmed the air force carried out a strike, saying the target was a cell of militants on their way to fire rockets into Israel.

"I doubt very much that one day we can reach a peace accord with the present leadership of the Palestinians. We must wait for the next generation," the Yediot Aharonot daily quoted him as saying.

"I don't think a Palestinian state will see the light of day in the coming years," he added in an interview.

Last month's Israeli pullout from the Gaza Strip had raised hopes in the international community of a genuine breakthrough in the peace process but that optimism has largely evaporated amid the persistent violence.

Friday's air strike came one month to the day after Gaza-based Palestinian militants called an end to rocket attacks on Israel following an earlier peak in violence on the back of the historic Gaza withdrawal.

Natatt was killed after Israeli aircraft earlier struck targeted open fields near Beit Lahiya used as rocket launching sites.

Militants hit back, firing one rocket and a mortar round into Israel causing no casualties or damage.

Tens of thousands of Palestinians turned out to bury eight people killed in an Israeli raid against a senior Islamic Jihad operative.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Where once it seemed that the pullout signified a move in the peace process, it seems now instead Israel have used the move to take the process backwards. Israel can strike away now at the Gaza strip as all their people are out safely.

It is escalating, with Iran calling for the destruction of Israel and Israel saying that something has to be done about iran who they say will have full military nuclear capabilities within 6 months.

This is one spot to keep a hawkeye on at the moment, things could boil over mighty fast. It seems that Israel has resigned itself to no peace in this generation but maybe the next. Whereas I say if there is no peace in this generation, there will be no next.

Related News Links:
www.abc.net.au
www.cia.gov
today.r euters.com

Related ATSNN Articles
ATSNN - Iran's President Calls For Israel's Destruction
ATSNN - Palestinian Suicide Bomber Injures 20 In Israel

Related ATS Threads
First country to back Irans remarks
Iran Leader Calls for Israel's Destruction - "wiped off the map"
Can Someone Explain How Israel Was Created
Is Israel Master Puppeteer Of Hamas
Israel’s UN Ambassador demands the UN Security Council to debar Iran from membership
US Congressmen Warn Palestine: Don't Hold Fair Elections

[edit on 28-10-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
So let me get this straight.

Palestiniam militants blow up civilians in the street, the first act of violence since the Gaza pullout. Israel responds by killing militants.

How is this unprovoked Israeli aggression?

Palestinians blow themselves up to kill civilians, and Israel is just supposed to take it?

Maybe the Palestinians should stop with the suicide bombings if they don't want retaliation.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
See thats the issue.. exactly what you said, they are saying....

Peace cannot be created unless at least one side pulls back first, no use leaving it to the other team to "be the man"

Action = Reaction............... the chain goes on

Stop the chain and there is a chance for peace..

but with an attitude that they shouldn't do it and we won't fight back.... its not the answer, its just scoring brownie points in a death battle...

[edit on 28-10-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
as i feared when iran called for israel destruction, its starting. i think this could potentially be the start of the war where they eventually nuke eachother. tensions are just escalading like expected, when will nukes come

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Notice how when the palastinains blow up innocent civilians nothing happens...

But when Israel takes out a vehicle with members of the attacking orgaization (BTW this article seems to deliberatly avoid saying who was killed) they get slapped.

Sigh ... the bull# continues...

Here's who the main guy was who died " Among the dead was Shadi Mahana, a senior Jihad operative in Gaza who directed Qassam missile fire and numerous terrorist attacks." www.debka.com...

[edit on 28-10-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
See thats the issue.. exactly what you said, they are saying....

Peace cannot be created unless at least one side pulls back first, no use leaving it to the other team to "be the man"

Action = Reaction............... the chain goes on

Stop the chain and there is a chace for peace..

As was asked, Mayet:

Originally posted by LeftBehind
Palestinians blow themselves up to kill civilians, and Israel is just supposed to take it?

Your answer is what, exactly?

Imagine, if you will, that this situation is of your son [Israel] that keeps getting his behind whooped by the neighborhood bully [suicide bombers]. No matter what your son does, whether it be taking a different route to school, hiding, you driving him to school, the bully always manages to whoop your son.

Would you simply tell your son to deal with it? That violence begets more violence, that action=reaction and the chain of violence goes on, and as such, that he should simply continue to turn his cheek or attempt to walk off, never to defend himself? Basically, telling him to deal with the butt whooping he is receiving on a regular basis because one day, the mean ole' neighborhood bully will break the chain of violence or kick the action=reaction habit and allow your son some peace from being continually butt whooped on a regular basis?

Just a thought of consideration when one implies that old adage of action=reaction, "be a man," violence only begets further violence, etc. to the situation between continued suicide bombing runs into Israel and Israel striking back.

seekerof

[edit on 28-10-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Netchicken In my intro I did state that one Palestinian was killed and in the source quote I left the part in with his name and what he did and was about to do.

Yes the bull continues but its two sided bull... both sides are wrong.. you don't go around bombing innocents, or just plain bombing to get your way and prove your might...

Now Israel looks resigned to "no peace" so it looks like the violence from both sides will escalate and more innocents will die from both sides, and maybe innocents who are just in the wrong place at wrong time....

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
i agree with seekerof

idk i think violence will lead to escaladed violence and eventually and ultimate violence which will end that conflict. many will die from it it a short period but 1. many more may die because they side idle and go little by little 2. its natural for such violence to occur between such 'packs' of people.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
. i think this could potentially be the start of the war where they eventually nuke eachother. tensions are just escalading like expected, when will nukes come

Seeing that Israel is the only known nuclear power in that region thats going to be one lopsided nuclear war.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

. i think this could potentially be the start of the war where they eventually nuke eachother. tensions are just escalading like expected, when will nukes come

Seeing that Israel is the only KNOWN nuclear power in that region thats going to be one lopsided nuclear war.

exactly, and remember how much we really KNOW. very little, we cant do very much right based on our intelligence agencies so as i expect, there are probably more weapons out there. it was known that iraq had weapons of mass destruction before the war.....

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Your answer is what, exactly?

Imagine, if you will, that this is your son that keeps getting his behind whooped by the neighborhood bully. No matter what your son does, whether it be taking a different route to school, hiding, you driving him to school, the bully always manages to whoop your son.

Would you simply tell your son to deal with it? That violence begets more violence, that action=reaction and the chain of violence goes on, and as such, that he should simply continue to turn his cheek or attempt to walk off, never to defend himself? Basically, telling him to deal with the butt whooping he is receiving on a regular basis because one day, the mean ole' neighborhood bully will break the chain of violence or kick the action=reaction habit and allow your son some peace from being continually butt whooped on a regular basis?

Just a thought of consideration when one implies that old adage of action=reaction, "be a man," violence only begets further violence, etc. to the situation between continued suicide bombing runs into Israel and Israel striking back.

Seeker No Israel shouldnt just "take it" but as said the chain must be broken by one side or there will be no peace.

But to the bullying thing.... well thats just what I am going through at the moment with one of my sons who is in fact being bullied. But no I am trying to teach him that punching someone out does not solve the issue. Lowering yourself to that level won't solve the issue.. and yup violence does begat violence I see it all the time in miniture.

My first instinct is of course to go down and punch them all on the nose, now if I do that I am going to piddle off the parents and kids badly, so they come after me, then my family steps in and punches them all out, so then their friends come into it, but i can get my friends into it too and before you know it, it has escalated to all out war.....and it would be all out war between two races in this case too...........nup not the answer ..this is what starts things like is going on over there at the moment... maybe years and years ago Ishmael punched Isaac on the nose over something teeny tiny and now a few thousand years later look what we have....... arggh

In Israel's case as well as in my sons case There is no easy answer as there is so much history involved... and with history still in the playring then we can't move on to the future.....

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
idk maybe we grew up on two different ideas but violence solved alot as far as personal issues go. plus like i said ultimately and end will come. when one is too ignorant to stop fighting violence will be needed in self preservation

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
oh yeah and i forgot to mention the egging on and further interference from "friends"

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   

exactly, and remember how much we really KNOW. very little, we cant do very much right based on our intelligence agencies so as i expect, there are probably more weapons out there. it was known that iraq had weapons of mass destruction before the war.....

So your suggesting a secretly nuclear armed Iran? Jerusalem is sacred to Muslims aswell its kind of stupid to wipe it off the earth dont you think? They want the Jewish state gone not that area. Thats not even getting into the fact that if they had them whats the point to shooting a few at Israel when Israel is going to send a few hunderd back at Iran?

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Seeker No Israel shouldnt just "take it" but as said the chain must be broken by one side or there will be no peace.

I would agree with this, Mayet.
The problem is, everyone always seems to think that Israel should be the one to simply take this type stuff without responding.
Maybe, if the Palestinians would make more of an effort to disarm or prevent such from occurring, that this would tremendously aid in breaking that chain of violence?

But to the bullying thing.... well thats just what I am going through at the moment with one of my sons who is in fact being bullied. But no I am trying to teach him that punching someone out does not solve the issue. Lowering yourself to that level won't solve the issue.. and yup violence does begat violence I see it all the time in miniture.

I am soooo sorry for the analogy I made after reading what you mention above.
I swear I had no knowledge of this, that it was simply coincidence that I made up such an analogy. I am sorry for doing so, Mayet.

seekerof

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well that question does not bear even dreaming of, its that dangerous... possible but damn...if it is.......

Scenario

Israel hits Gaza with nuke warheads.... hey all Israelis are out now, its no longer theres... there is that "if I can't have it, noone can" mentality.

Iran then gets totally pee'ed off and...... say they does have weapons well naturally they fire them at Israel, its all the incentive they need.

Oooh bad move USA is totally ropable so they send nukes in, they don't have troops in Iran do they? but they do have many many in the area, prepared maybe for just this contingency.....

ahh but now Russia is screaming about Iran it does have a history with the country..... so they fire up their nukes at good old US of A..

and I haven't even mentioned England, France, India, China and North Korea yet......

So easy..... so easy to tip those scales...

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Scenario

Israel hits Gaza with nuke warheads.... hey all Israelis are out now, its no longer theres... there is that "if I can't have it, noone can" mentality.

Your hypothetical scenerio is valid in some degree and fashion.
The problem I see with it, though it being hypothetical in nature, is the above quoted mention.

It would be inconceivable that a nation as small as Israel would launch nukes into its own country. According to the map you linked in your initial posting of this topic, Gaza is within Israel, thus, if a nuke went off within Gaza, the fallout alone would cover a good portion of Israel. Obviously, this would also depend upon wind direction, etc.

That is not a smart move, militarily or politically.

seekerof

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Despite the arab nations not having nukes, it doesn't mean they couldn't get them if they needed to.

Russia is doing large military deals of sophicticated weapons systems with Arab nations at the moment, throw some money at Russia and they may be able to buy their weapons, either legally or illegally.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

ahh but now Russia is screaming about Iran it does have a history with the country..... so they fire up their nukes at good old US of A..

and I haven't even mentioned England, France, India, China and North Korea yet......

So easy..... so easy to tip those scales...

Nice Scenario but you cant be serious

You think Russia would get into a nuclear war with the US over Iran? One thing you can always count on with Russia is, Russia is looking out for Russia's best interest and nothing eles. Getting into a nuclear war with a super power is not in Russias best interest, anything it could get from Iran is horribly out weighed by the loses of such a war. This rule can apply to just about any country you can think of.

Israel has more then enough nukes to deal with any country in the Middle East. The could light that whole area up without help from the US. There would be no reason for the US to get involved with its own nukes.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

I am soooo sorry for the analogy I made after reading what you mention above.
I swear I had no knowledge of this, that it was simply coincidence that I made up such an analogy. I am sorry for doing so, Mayet.
seekerof [edit on 28-10-2005 by Seekerof]

No it was great Seeker. Because you made me think of that situation roll it around in my head, apply the microcosm - macroscosm principle and understand, relate and explain in more detail...

See to add to it and explain my thoughts a bit and why I thought it was good, I have a crippled daughter, she is obese and has "funny legs" and aspergers syndrome. She is the brunt of bullying because of her differrentness. Now then we have her brother. He is smaller younger weaker but his sister is his best bud, to him she is not fat and cripple, she is the one that cuddles him when he is down and plays with him from dawn to dusk. He goes into bat for his sister everytime... His name kaelan Alexander Orion means defender, along with other things and that is just what he is, his sisters defender, her champion. A grasshopper with no fear except for his sister, his blood. So then he turn gains the attention of the larger bullies. Twice his size and strength. He gets held to ransom, threatened and his money taken, so he can't trade or eat. He gets attacked and weakened and hurt, he has stones thrown and taunts. He goes to the big bosses for help. They turn their back, the situation is too hard for them to deal with. Its racial, its social, its in the too hard basket. So the bullies continue. Instead of one target there is two, more people get drawn in and the two little ones are isolated.

Sound familiar, the microcosm and the macroscosm.......

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join