It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wormhole Technology inc. graphics

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org... This is a wikipedia article on when waves of any energy collide, if that is of any use.

Also I drew i quick sketch of what a interpreted from your text apc.

Simplistic but accurate i hope. Only, are the electron emmiters supposed to be oscillating aswell, "in opposition with the elctromagnets". I was unsure.

Also, Since there is electrical, magnetic, and as a side effect heat, I get the idea that we would need to introduce a high powered laser, aimed at the "eye" (the focal point where all energies meet).

That way, all different energies, with varying wavelengths combine.......i'm reminded of the Philidelphia experiment, im unsure why. BTW stop me apc if this isnt making any sense at all.

[edit on 6-10-2005 by Shadow88]

apc

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
lol awesome.
What, not good enough for animation?

It is entirely possible that it is all nonsense afterall. I settled on electrons because an electron is a particle which we are capable of controlling the dimensional properties of. They can also illicit the generation of gravitons, which would be needed to actually "breach" the fabric of spacetime.

A highly concentrated collection of gravitons would in effect create an immense gravity well. If the gravitons are not allowed to escape this concentration, the effects of the gravity would not be transmitted outside the core. We could create a well deeper than a black hole, enough to cause the 'sheet' to tear.

However, therein lies the problem. How do you contain gravitons? ZPF? Anti-gravitons? Without containment the graviton 'bubble' will just expand and dissipate. The machine would most likely implode and the electrical energy stored as compressed waveform electrons would be released. The result could be cataclysmic.

So... this is what needs to be discovered before a prototype could even be considered: a switching system faster than the speed of light possibly based on some other subatomic particle (neutrinos, tachyons, etc)... until the math is worked out (which I suck at) 400kcps might not be fast enough, a power source immense enough to provide the energy needed to charge the electromagnets and electron emitters (a few dozen megaamps might cut it), and a method for graviton containment.

Simple, eh?

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

It is entirely possible that it is all nonsense afterall. I settled on electrons because an electron is a particle which we are capable of controlling the dimensional properties of. They can also illicit the generation of gravitons, which would be needed to actually "breach" the fabric of spacetime.

Obviously this is all half fact, and half what-ifs that require testing. Its all of course trial and error, if not electrons, move onto the next energy, but yes i understand why electrons are a good place to start.

If and when i begin building this device (from a VERY safe distance i might add!
) The first problem will be successfully producing gravitrons, then holding them, and then.....safely turning it off. Imagine, we turn it off after a successful "gravity well test", switch off the gravitron containment......and the whole solar system is sucked into it in a split second

I anticipate, that we could create a tear, but the gravity well would destroy a person as they stepped into the "bubble", so another means would be required to keep the tear from sealing up, forget speculation for now.

By the way, its at this point i think we all wish we had a naquada generator right about now

_________________________________________________________________________________

P.S: im not an animation machine!

P.P.S: I think it would be fairly easy to pursuade a power station to let me hook the thing up direct. You dont think so? Ok so i arrive with a Stargate looking machine on the back of a truck, and say i am attempting to make a tear in subspace to travel through a wormhole.....what do you think they'd say?

on second thoughts, maybe i'll write first.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
You could be dreaming at looking at the inside of your eye lids like when you rub your eyes and leave them closed: do'nt say you have never noticed that before?.
Does light enter the room or do you get migrains which could also have that effect I heard or read? Then combine that with what you already know about worm holes and there is anwere. But if you are onto something pursue it, it may be more inspiring than you realise. It looks like the design of the eye and the picture on this page looks like eye cell receptors in medical drawings.

[edit on 6-10-2005 by The time lord]

[edit on 6-10-2005 by The time lord]

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc

Originally posted by Shadow88
The only thing im unsure of is where you say the emitter devices housed on the ring are electron beams.

The electron emitters (kinda like the gun at the back of a CRT) are in addition to the electromagnets. They would be switch on and off in opposition to the electromagnets, so the magnetic fields do not influence the trajectory of the beam. Then, once the exact amount of time has passed for the beam to reach the vertex, the electromagnet on the exact opposite side of the emitter would be activated with negative polarity inward, halting and repelling the progression of the beam. Less than a nanosecond later, every other electromagnet would be activated in oscillation to maintain the electrons in a fixed position in space. The oscillation would be controlled to such precision that the quantum vibration of the electrons could be controlled, and compressed into their 2 dimensional form.

Then another beam gets activated, and the cycle repeats. The entire process I would imagine takes only a few nanoseconds.

Presently I don't believe the technology exists to create switching circuits operating at the speeds required. The circuit would require a control mechanism other than electricity, otherwise the speed would be limited by the flow of electrons through the circuitry (the speed of light... not fast enough).

This is exactly the reason why the "transporters" on Star Trek can't work in real life. Also keep in mind that the image you see on your TV screen is only atoms thick. By the time you finished stacking these atoms elsewhere, in the exact order that you sent them...well, let's just say it will take you less time to WALK to Alpha Centauri than to "beam" yourself there. Also, you need an array of "buffers" to restack your atoms, otherwise you will reassemble from the inside-out...since your atoms were sent outside-in. Now, if you could send everything...every atom at exactly the same time, ya might have something.

I rather like the idea expressed in the website I found, Build a Positive charged "wormhole" field behind a ship, and let it push you through space...dragging the field along as you go. Technically, you can hit Light speed doing this.

[edit on 7-10-2005 by Toelint]

apc

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
Imagine, we turn it off after a successful "gravity well test", switch off the gravitron containment......and the whole solar system is sucked into it in a split second

Yes... that would be bad.

I anticipate, that we could create a tear, but the gravity well would destroy a person as they stepped into the "bubble", so another means would be required to keep the tear from sealing up, forget speculation for now.

Question there is: once the tear (we can refer to it as 'hole' as well as it would be the starting point of the wormhole) has been formed, something would have to be established to keep it from collapsing. With that done, the gravitons may have already drained into it. If not, they could be released in a control dissipation. There would no longer be a gravity well. However, who knows what forces may be transmitted from the other side of the hole.

The time Lord: I had a similar dream to Shadow88's a few months ago. It is what prompted me to think about the ideas I have described. I was in total darkness, too.
Not really saying theres anything 100% legitimate to it. Just that our subconcious minds are constantly processing absolutely everything we perceive. It is working diligently even when we sleep. It is reasonable to feel it is possible for constructs of our subconcious to be feasible and presented to us in our dreams.

Toelint: not sure where you got the idea that the electron emitters would be used to actually transmit quantum data. They are mearly the source of electrons needed to create the compressed waveform bubble.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
However, therein lies the problem. How do you contain gravitons? ZPF? Anti-gravitons? Without containment the graviton 'bubble' will just expand and dissipate. The machine would most likely implode and the electrical energy stored as compressed waveform electrons would be released. The result could be cataclysmic.

A gravity bomb eh? I think that would attact the military.

Anyway if you succeeded you might be forced to share with the military but as the creator they would likey hire you as a Civilian. Don't worry they have good benefits.

[edit on 11-10-2005 by imas]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Anyway if you succeeded you might be forced to share with the military but as the creator they would likey hire you as a Civilian.

Yea or I just happen to have an unfortunate accident days after releasing my discovery

It would most likely be taken over by the military. Of course.....I'm in britain, so US has no jurisdiction here (MOOOHAHAHA), unless GWB manages to make america think we're its enemy! lol

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
In all honesty there would be no reason to lose such a brilliant mind. Imagine a man who built a stargate in his garage. You can be darn sure they would want to see what you could do with a multi-million dollar budget.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well I wont thankyou for that comment until I accomplish it.

Just kidding. Ahhhh that would be cool if that happened. I can see it now, after popping down for breakfast in rome, I come back to find the military on my doorstep (with a huge check too!
)

Right thats it! off to my garage this instant!!!
WOOP WOOP

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Well, I've been looking for a while and still haven't found any links to share....

Somewhere, on-line, I have read about how one might create a stable wormhole by explanding sub-atomic/quantum forces from within the "microcosom" into the "macrocosom".

I've been looking for a link for this, but as have yet failed to find one supporting what I say....sorry....

This overall design seems to draw off of that idea, anyway. It seems to me that you should have to manipulate those forces/quantum fluctuations and "expand" them to the point where it would be feasible for a person or some sort of craft to take advantage of the resulting wormhole....

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

For the first 100 nanoseconds that an electromagnet ramps up, it oscillates / pulses. Once it reaches a constant, it becomes stable

I thought, using a super-powerful solid state switch, which turns each electromagnet on and off faster than it oscillates, (as in: it oscillates one way > on, off > oscillates same way, and doesnt have time to oscillate back in the other direction) we could create a strong, uni-directional pulse into the focal point of the device.

Coupled with the other sections of the device it could begin to flux space at the quantum level. Its just a start, but in the right direction.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
My experience in this field is limited, so please forgive me if I sound uneducated....as I am

It seems to me, though, and this is a quote..."I thought, using a super-powerful solid state switch, which turns each electromagnet on and off faster than it oscillates" is a contradiction.....

Again, I am not very educated in this particular field, so if I'm wrong, please let me know.

apc

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I got a little confizzled by that part too. The need for the extremely fast switching mechanism is so the magnets are pulsed in the proper polarity to maintain the static position of the electron field at the core.

The magnet on the exact opposite side of the activated emitter would be energized with positive polarity inward, attracting the beam. Once the exact amount of time has passed for the flow of electrons to reach the vertex, the opposing magnet would have its charge inverted, repulsing the beam. The rest of the electromagnets are then activated in proper sequence and oscillation to maintain the electrons in a fixed position in space. This is where the ultra-fast switching comes into play, because the timing has to be very fast and very precise to properly control the field of electrons. The switches would actually have to be tripped ahead of time, to account for the delay in the activation of the magnets (the time it takes for the current to flow, traveling at C).

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The good old Einstein-Rosen Bridges the shortest distance between two points
The interesting thing about Wormholes well besides being the ultimate form of travel is they might have potential for time travel.

Any theory I have hears for creating one would require insane amounts of energy like 10% of the daily power output of a Sun-like star and or "Exotic matter" even for a modest wormhole.

BTW Shadow88 I love your animations

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The problem is im still, understandably as im sure many of us are, trying to get my head around the physics etc. Im sure everyone realises we are barely scratching the surface so far, as of yet we have come up with what I believe to be the foundations of some fairly sound theories.

As it progresses (aka soon) i will begin to build different parts, experiment with it etc.

Sorry,
im so crap at explaining what i mean......

I only meant to say that our best chance at getting the desired effect would be to use a solid state switch, and tht for the first 100 nanoseconds that an electromagnet is switched on it pulsesm which means, since we are alternating faster than 100 nanoseconds, it will pulse faster and larger, increasing the control we need.

(LOL can you tell how tired i am???
)

Well...... here what i have so far, just take a look at this, see if im on the same brainwave as you...

Neeeeeddddd sleeeeeeppppp

[edit on 14-10-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
If you cannot find a fast enough switch (and you probably can't) you can use multiple switches. If you can get the timing set properly between the switches that might provide you with a means for the proper speed.

[edit on 14-10-2005 by alternate]

apc

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I guess the switching speed would be dependant on the size of the device. The electrons would travel a little less than a foot in one nanosecond. Same for the electromagnetic fields. So with a switching speed of 400,000 cycles per second, the device would need to have a diameter of atleast 25 feet to even contain the electrons. To properly control the quantum vibration, well... it would have to be quite a bit larger.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
It looks a lot like a Star Gate from the TV series. Perhaps that is were your dreams are getting the image you posted.

Maybe deep down your brain has the knowledge to create a worm hole and is comming out in your dreams.
I thnk the first one is more likely but ya never know...

Shows like Stargate and Threshold etc could also be a sort of indoctrination to the factual possibility of this technology or what is actually happening now. If you cant contain secret information, make it into a make believe sci-fi show. Most will equate it with (scifi-fantasy) others will explore the possibilities in ther minds. They(brilliant minds in psychology) are pretty much masters at how the brain processes information nowadays and they use it regularly in media.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Most so called "made up" shows have to have some basis around reality, which seems blatantly obvious, otherwise they wouldnt made sense.

EG: we know about the possibility of aliens (in real life), therefore we can have a TV show about aliens. We have real life conspiracy theories about the government.....etc etc.

If you say, had a show about a fridge magnet who is secretly a spy for the russians, being controlled by cow manure, (
:puz
it makes no sense, so isnt done.

My point is that everything in Science fiction, has some foundation in science FACT. Its not beyond the stretch of the imagination to think that the military COULD have a stargate, and this and that COULD be true if this and that were to happen etc. And we have already discovered, that a ring shaped device (that looks similar to a stargate, not the other way around) is likely our best chance at creating stable wormhole travel.

400,000 you say? is that a guess? because i happen to know exactly where to get something that fast, and the cost etc. LOL if not they do make devices to alternate faster, unbelievable i know but it is apparently not that hard (for the company) to manufacture it to alternate 100s of 1000 times per second.
(i emailed them asking about it
, really helpful, if a little sarcastic sounding at how little i knew about solid state switches, as if he couldnt imagine how i coped not being knowledgable about them. I think he needs to get out the office :lol

[edit on 15-10-2005 by Shadow88]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join