It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wormhole Technology inc. graphics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:
apc

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88

400,000 you say? is that a guess?

haha no 400,000 is what you said previously.

We still run into a lot of physical limitations here, electronically.

A nanosecond is one billionth of a second. One light nanosecond is about 11.75in (29.85cm). So, therein lies the problem. How can an electronic circuit, in which the electrons travel at the speed of light, operate a switch fast enough to control the electrons to any precision greater than a 30cm? This assuming a 1,000,000,000 cps switch will ever exist.

So... how about... varying the stretch of the magnetic fields? Making them vary their projected distance in order to make up the difference. The device still has to be quite large... I used a base 10 above (25 feet) to give a decent amount of play, but larger would be needed. Especially to actually manipulate the quantum vibration.

There has to be such precise timing and such an extensive degree of control over exactly how far the influence of the electromagnets extend... the complexity is staggering.

This is why I said in the beginning that electron-based circuitry may not be the answer. If the best this device could control the electron field to was a field width of 1cm, that obviously isn't good enough. The focus has to be the width of an electron. So, we would probably need something faster than electrons.

> wait wait wait... maybe... ok...

electrons are massless, right? But they still repel eachother. Compress them together tight enough and they will stabilize their own vibration.. kind of like nuclear fusion. It just takes a whoooole lot of electrons crammed into a tiny space. If their vibration can be slowed far enough, they will compress into their waveform. If the entire device is spinning, they will want to exit out the poles (re: 2-dimensional gravity). They will still be held in place by the influence of the electromagnets, and will interact with eachother, generating gravitons...

arg brain hurts.

[edit on 15-10-2005 by apc]

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The only problem im having is working out how the gravitons will form spontaniously from electrons. And can we even control them with electromagnetics? Being massless will they simply pass through matter and disperse? Gravitons afterall havent been proven conclusively, we just know they're there since it fits into equations etc. lol my head hurts too.

Anyway ive put together what is part one of a presentation, "Stargate: a reality?", so check it out if you want. It just covers basically what is require to accomplish it for real, in simple terms. Part two will look into exactly how we can accomplish it

Stargate: A Reality?

[edit on 16-10-2005 by Shadow88]

apc

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
AWESOME

I especially loved the choice of soundtracks.

Ok, to clear up the graviton bit. String Theory produces the notion of gravitons as a particle conceived by the unity of electromagnetism and gravity under its theoretical umbrella.

Now, any electromagnet is compressing electrons into their waveform and using some sort of a conductor, or rotation, to influence the direction and orientation of these waves. We can't really introduce some sort of conductor into the core of the device.. so we're left with rotation. A rotating electromagnet influences the direction of the waveform electrons with gravity. Waveform electrons are 2-dimensional constructs, so they have a 2-dimensional perspective on the universe, thus gravity. The 2-dimensional gravity of any rotating object is strong around the equator (producing what 3-dimensionally is inertia) and weak around the poles. The waveform electrons then, naturally, line up and escape out the poles. This produces the familiar electromagnetic field lines. When these waveform electrons intersect another conductor, they are decompressed back into their particle form (creating an electrical current in the conductor). This act of decompression releases gravitons, creating magnetic attraction.

This is pure speculation, as I have no way to verify such a claim, but I believe if this entire device is rotating, and the compressed waveform electrons are unable to escape out the weak gravity of the poles, they will instead be forced to interact with eachother, and produce gravitons. They will still be arranging themselves in field lines, but field lines forced back in on themselves in unimaginably tight knots.

Full of holes, I know. I'm no physicist. I'm just an electronics geek. But hell who knows, it just might work.

[edit on 16-10-2005 by apc]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Thanks for that i'll look into it!
I didnt do part 2, as i dont want to look daft not fully understanding the thing im trying to explain.

BTW the music is by E.S Posthumus, odd name but meh! good music!

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
New question.....is this device intended to "connect" to something else, or is it moreso to bend the fabric of space/time and basically "bring the destination to you" so all you have to do is walk through?

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
You can obviously only study how something works, and gain a conclusive answer, if you have it "in hand", built and functional.

But! The rough theory goes that an extreme gravity well will have to form (at both ends), contained somehow as to not affect its surrounding environment (most likely some kind of shielding/bubble), to allow us to form a singularity (a point with no laws of physics, therefore distance has no meaning) or physically enter subspace (also not governed by the laws of space and time).

Then, by additional means/devices we will have to manipulate this phenomena to connect to the other (perhaps they will just be attracted to eachother automatically, due to some unnamed force).

Its hard to explain how the connection would be made, as the points in subspace are (let me get this right)......both and neither infinitely apart and close together, as the laws of spece and time do not apply

apc

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
*head explodes*

Hehe yeah that part comes... later...

First gotta rip a hole in the sheet.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
LOL i was thinkin the exact same thing.

But i hope all of you realise the whole warped sheet thing is only a representation of spacetime etc. This is the only way we can represent something that is non-linear/non-3 dimensional, in linear terms. We cant imagine infinity for example. We can comprehend it, understand that it does exist, but we cannot for example draw it, see it in our heads, as it has no dimensions.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
if there has to be another wormhole opened at the exact nanosecond could it go to a parrallel universe were i was trying but had a hair cut a day early ;lol; and if not y not

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
well...we havent really talked about that yet......i would definately hope not.

I think we would know if it exited in another dimension, after all it likely wouldnt connect at wherever you want to go.......i would get confirmation that it has over the phone before i step over the threshold.

Of course for some reason it could seem to connect, but still send you to a parallel dimension- GOD KNOWS what will happen anyway!

i would suggest.....it be common practice to send a robot or something through first (OH! like they do with the MALP on stargate!
) or if its cheaper simply throw a basketball through or something first

apc

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

or if its cheaper simply throw a basketball through or something first

Now in Sliders when Quinn did that the ball got thrown back at him. Now what is up with that?!

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a basketball with a string to tie on to it and pull it back, if the string is cheap lol

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Could only require a metre of string......or all the string in the universe

I saw these news articles....meh.....there ok
www.newscientist.com...
www.newscientist.com...
www.newscientist.com...

[edit on 20-10-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
the cheapest and smallest of string obviously lol

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
cont.
were not rocket scientists with a grant u no ;lol;

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Yes but im a genius with a fat wallet
i've also been told i can be a smart-ass.....but honestly i dont see it

Does anybody know the name of the company currently doing research in which the experiment stimulates particles on one side of the world, and others react on the other side? :S i cant for the life of me find it and i wanted to check them out.

- I just thought i'd say, that anyone who thinks this is impossible, maybe you're right, but i plan to work on these and many other ventures throughout my life, then take "anti-ageing gene therapy" (come on you must have seen it on ATS sci/tech) and work on them perhaps indefinately (although when it gets to say 600 years, maybe its time to stop
).

Thats another thing isn't it, its annoying to see people spent their entire lives on something, only to leave it unfinished having run out of time (and died obv.)

If anyone is at all interested, I'm currently working on hoverboard (basically anti-grav but what started out as researching "hoverboards" about 2 years ago) technology, I have a fuelless power generator already in prototype production,

I have plans on a headset device that allows "rapid learning" which could eliminate some or many years of learning (obviously i realise that it would only reduce academic learning, social skills, artistic skills are a part of development, but say if your 30 and want to instantly learn to play the piano like mozart? thats what it will be able to do)

There is obviously this, which is only speculative at the moment, but i am actually giving it some serious thought. Hopefully, someday in the future i hope to begin work on devices similar to hyperdrive engines (so we can go place the "Stargates" where we want them), induced gravity systems (to eliminate atrophied and other ailments in space, and make the overall experience easier.), even a artificial ouijja (to disprove! dont worry)and many more that I wont bore you with.

But most of these are pretty far off, some are atronomically complicated, some long shots, some EXPENSIVE, etc. But! there is always light at the end of the tunnel, my business is in the works (hopefully Arcangel Technologies
), and as so aptly put, you cannot fail if you never give up.

[edit on 21-10-2005 by Shadow88]

apc

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I have a fuelless power generator already in prototype production,

"Lisa... in this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics!"

If you ever need an EE, I'll work for beer.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Lol!.....must buy more beer that reminds me! sigh im so tired......

Need sleep before i think more about stargates......

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I am also no physicist and I know very little about electronics, but I'd just like to say everything you have said so far sounds plausible, although perhaps quite impractical/consuming vast amounts of energy to produce a result.

We have something involving rapid changes in magnetic alignment, combined with electricity, that is proven to make objects levitate. It's called a Bullet Train =). I don't know how fast it alternates, but your best bet would probably to get ahold of an oscilator from one of those monorail tracks, that alternates the magnetic field NSNSNSNSNSNSNSNS super-rapidly.

This thread has been awesome and I thank you for making it. I love reading about this kind of thing. And if I had any knowledge of physics or electronics, I would probably be trying to make one myself at this point.

Someone suggested you might need to make it larger. You know that thing in the movie Contact? I bet you it's just going to end up basically being that:

I bet it would be much easier to control that way. Then someone would be dropped down into the wormhole in a vessel, versus just walking into it. Dunno. That machine has always just fascinated me, even though it isn't real.

Reading this made me come up with a theory, as well:

Yarcofin's Theory of Weird Stuff Going Down:

If you combine electricity, magnets, and other unseen forces on a big enough and rapid enough scale and do weird things with it, some weird stuff is bound to happen.

PS: That last animation you posted, with the electrons all amassing in the middle..... looks extremely dangerous.

PPS: Is Subspace a part of our universe, or another universe all unto itself? (alternate dimension)

[edit on 22-10-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
funny beer always makes me think of the universe in general

[edit on 22/10/05 by mik0001000]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join