It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Explosion Kills One at University of Oklahoma

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
One person was killed in an explosion in a traffic circle about 100 yards from a packed football stadium at the University of Oklahoma on Saturday night in what authorities were calling a suicide.

www.foxnews.com
"We are apparently dealing with an individual suicide, which is under full investigation," OU President David Boren said in a statement.

The loud noise of the explosion could be heard inside Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, where 84,000 people were watching the Oklahoma Sooners play Kansas State.

Officers cordoned off an area west the stadium after the explosion and nobody was allowed out of the stadium immediately after the blast, which occurred shortly before 8 p.m., about halftime of the game. People were allowed out about 30 minutes later.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Could this be the start of a suicide campaign in the U.S. or is this just some lone nut. What do you guys think.

[edit on 1-10-2005 by digitalassassin]

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
From the Oklahoman.

www.newsok.com.../main

I don't know. Lets just follow the story and don't jump to some conclusion that could be wrong.

Roper

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Let's wait and see, or not. It looks like the lid is already clamped on tight on this one. Was it just an individual with suicidal tendencies and bomb knowledge who wanted to go out with a bang? Was it a homicide bomber who lost their nerve or had second thoughts? Was their a political cause or some other statement involved? Was somebody trying to send a message, like, next time it will be in the stadium? There were 84 thousand people in that place. The explosion was clearly audible to many of them.

Definitely a story of some sort needs to unfold from here. Will we get the truth?

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I would certainly like to see more information regarding the explosives, this does not sound like an every day suicide. Also, apparently all the explosives weren't detonated during the suicide.

A police bomb squad detonated explosives found at the site of the blast.

I'm wondering if the person was unsuccessful in detonating everything he/she intended to in the act of suicide or if there were separate explosives in addition to that act that were intended for others.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Plus there was another unexploded bomb found near the site, why on earth if it was just a lone suicide would he take another bomb? Incase the first one doesn't kill him? Don't think so. To me sounds like at the very least a conspiracy between two or more people to kill either themselves or others.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Plus there was another unexploded bomb found near the site, why on earth if it was just a lone suicide would he take another bomb?

Maybe he was gonna off somebody with one bomb, then bite the bullet with the other one when he got cornered?

The really important thing is, who won the game?

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I bet it was a white guy, if it was a muslim the media would be jumping to cover this like you wouldn't believe. But really they should still be dying to cover this, fits in perfectly with their 'terror-make the viewer scared' ethos, it just doesn't make sense.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This is pretty bizarre, to be sure. What was the other bomb for? Another bomber who didn't show up or backed out at the last minute.

"You first"

"No, you first."

" Forget it."

Maybe, we will never know.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
www.oudaily.com...

Joel Henry Hinrichs III

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I wasn't watching too closely, as I just had the TV on while working on other things. But, not to start anything I don't know to be true, I got the distinctive feeling that someone (the police, it appeared to be) was covering up something.

Also, there were several people who were at the game who claimed that they definaltely heard a second blast shortly after the first one.

Now, I don't know if it makes any difference, but Norman, Oklahoma is only about 1/2 hour away from OKC where I am currently living. So, I 've been hearing all the local stuff on it too. Don't know if the local stations will be anymore forthcoming or not.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I bet it was a white guy, if it was a muslim the media would be jumping to cover this like you wouldn't believe. But really they should still be dying to cover this, fits in perfectly with their 'terror-make the viewer scared' ethos, it just doesn't make sense.

It does make sense, release that it is a Muslim and you have widespread panic.

The 2 bombs is a common scenario, one explosion, incite fear, second explosion for EMT and people escaping.

Just read the link, white kid....guess it will disappear...

[edit on 2-10-2005 by esdad71]

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
What I'm wondering is how they were able to so quickly - almost before the game was over - state "there was no terrorist connection"....which is, of course, the mantra.

How were they able to discern this? By the way his guts splattered on the surrounding surfaces?

In the same article it stated that officials had not yet attempted to identify the dead guy because they were busy sniffing for other bombs, so if they don't know who this guy is, and whether he was headed to the stadium when he blew himself up, how can they say that?

Because they really don't care if it's right or not...they just like saying it.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The Daily Oklahoman is now reporting they have found a cache of explosive materials in Hinrich's apartment that will take about 24 hours to remove. That's a lot of explosives!

www.newsok.com.../main

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Now I'll put in my two cents.

First this is what I thought, a suicide.

Second, it is a copy cat. there is so much news involving suicide bombers around the world that someone who is mentally unstable and looking for some sort a martyrdom will follow the trend.

Expect more to try.

df1

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
Now I'll put in my two cents.

First this is what I thought, a suicide.

Second, it is a copy cat. there is so much news involving suicide bombers around the world that someone who is mentally unstable and looking for some sort a martyrdom will follow the trend.

Expect more to try.

I don't disagree with you that it is a copy cat doing what has become a frequent event on television, however I would be real surprised if this started a trend. It's not like any idiot can go buy explosives at walmart. If we started to have a bunch of these it would sway my opinion toward the terrorist angle.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
df1 and roper,

I think it was copy cat as well...now that I've read he was just sitting on a bench when he did the deed. It wasn't as if he tried to enter the stadium or such. So this is just a tragic loss of a life that spiralled into depression and darkness.

BUT, I sure do want more details on this "cache of explosive material". What kind of explosive material? And depending on what the answer to that is, how'd this guy get it and so much of it.

That's the part that intrigues me.

[edit on 10-3-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
www.drudgereport.com...

Take a look at this photo of him...

Enginnering student, did not know what direction his life was heading and he lived only a few blocks from a Mosque. THis kid may have been influenced by others. That pic looks ALOT different that the one that is bieng shown on most sites. Kinds looks like a little OSama...

good link

denverpost.com...

plus, read this, it is strange since this just happened...

www.osusentinel.com...

df1

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The following is excerpted from a web site reputed to be owned by David Booth by an author named Sorcha Fall. IMHO anything coming from this web site should be viewed with doubt and high skepticism.

Sorcha Faal: United States Dissident Senator Targeted In Assassination Bombing Attempt In Oklahoma, Covert US Military Force Kills Attackers
Russian Intelligence sources are reporting today that a United States Senator, Jim Inhofe, was rescued by secret US Army Military Forces after an assassination attempt was made on his life and which ended in the attackers being killed by what these reports describe as a ‘guided munitions missile’ fired from an Apache Attack helicopter, and which destroyed the attackers in their vehicle in their escape attempt.

Even the biggest lies have some grains of truth. Can anybody find any in this article?

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
What I'm wondering is how they were able to so quickly - almost before the game was over - state "there was no terrorist connection"....which is, of course, the mantra.

Because they didn't want to throw a hundred thousand people into a panic and cause the situation to be much worse.

If an official got on the news and said, "Terrorism hasn't been ruled out"; there would have been a mass exodus from the area, thousands of panicky college kids, and most likely vigilantism against foreigners - and there's a lot of them on a college campus.

It would have been much more messy then simply re-tracting a statement.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I just find it strange that this was not on the wide spread media. No one at work today knew about it. Remember when the guys's head blew off in the bank robbery a few years back, a device around his neck, that was news for a few weeks. A person detonates himself/is detonated outside a College football event with 80,000 in attendance and there is nothing. Has this type of 'suicicde' ever occured in the US, I can't find one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join