It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Explosion Kills One at University of Oklahoma

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
there was only the initial explosion that took his life...
the second device that police blew up, was a suspicious package found in a closeby area... it was probably someones sandwich... TOTALLY UNCONNECTED.

as to his stash of explosives found in his apartment...
probably just the materials he was using to get the mix right...
he only needed one, which is why nothing else blewup...

sad, and tragic... as the ol saying goes...
permanent solution for a temporary problem.

the real concern here is... was the guy so depressed, and jaded, that he wanted to walk into the game and cause others harm?

he wasn't... but did the thought cross his mind? is that why he chose the location he did? to have an audience, but at a safe distance.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This is interesting. Eyewitness accounts and leaked info from the investigators handling the case. This website is very accurate, in my past experiences with incidents reported.

www.homelandsecurityus.com...

Reportedly, the explosive used in his devices was TATP, the same material used to construct the 7/7 London backpack bombs and numerous other AQ devices, due to it's ease in construction from hosehold materials.

"Further reports by the same officials indicated that the bomb was detonated prematurely when the suspect was either arming a bomb vest or backpack, which contained TATP, a homemade explosive. TATP (triacetone triperoxide) is a very potent but relatively easily manufactured explosive compound that was used in the July London bombings. It is important to note that TATP has been cited in numerous Jihad bomb-making manuals."

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
THE REAL STORY: NATIONWIDE NEWS BLACKOUT IN PROGRESS

The real story here is the way this news is obviously being suppressed and manipulated on a national level under the auspices of the “mainstream media”.

A suicide bomber explodes 100 yards from a stadium packed with 84,000 people in the heartland of America and that is somehow not worthy of national attention?

What the hell?!?

This story broke on Saturday night, 10/1/2005. Now -- two days later -- it is conspicuously absent from the national headlines.

Why?

Whatever the reason, even if it's a really good one, the indisputable fact is that all the major outlets have been shut down on this.

That's not a trivial thing.

I will be watching this stunning phenomenon with great interest because it irrefutably proves centralized media control on a vast scale.

If any of my fellow “tinfoilers” out there are looking for a smoking gun, well here it is.

THIS IS A SMOKING GUN!!!

Right here, right now, we have PROOF of centralized control of the national media in the U.S.

The ramifications of that should be of central concern to every American.

What else is being suppressed, and by whom?

These are reasonable questions to ask. I am very concerned to see so few of my fellow Americans asking them.

Whatever explanation is forthcoming, it better be good. If not, or if no explanation is ever offered, then the evidence provided in this case alone is sufficient to prove centralized control of the commercial media in the U.S.

Perhaps I'm overreacting, but in a society where an informed electorate is the foundation of government, demonstrations of “blackout power” like this are nothing less than a declaration of dictatorship.

Yes, I am very concerned about this.

Very concerned.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Majic,
I see your point,
but do you see that if this was a regular old suicide by wierd means,
then the result is exactly what we got...

as soon as OUR side is put forth, then they deal with the personal side...

not wrecking the guys entire family...
they have already been through enough...
ever had a friend commit suicide... it really doesn't get talked about much for awhile...

even the newspapers have a little humaness...

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
FAILED SUICIDE BOMBING OUTSIDE the PACKED OKLAHOMA UNIVERSITY FOOTBALL STADIUM

ISLAMIC BOMB-MAKING MATERIALS, EXPLOSIVES found in SUICIDE BOMBER's apartment located near the Islamic Society.

The suicide-bomber was attempting to attach bombs to the buses parked in the area when one of the bombs detonated prematurely. Joel Henry Hinrichs of Colorado Springs, CO was a resident of the Park View Apartments on campus. Feds recovered a significant amount of Islamic Jihad type literature, some written in Arabic, along with the suspect’s computer. Some of the documentation included material on how to construct bomb-making vests.

The bomb was detonated prematurely when the suspect was either arming a bomb vest or backpack, which contained TATP, a very potent homemade explosive compound that was used in the July London bombings. Other un-detonated explosive devices were found in the area cordoned off by police and federal officials.

www.homelandsecurityus.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
If any media networks are centrally controlled or manipulated in the US, wouldn't Fox be right up near the top of the list? It's front page news for them.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The Story Behind The News

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
If any media networks are centrally controlled or manipulated in the US, wouldn't Fox be right up near the top of the list? It's front page news for them.

When you find the story on their front page -- at the bottom of a list under such pressing headlines as "Motel Fire Displaces Low-Income Residents" -- what you find is this:

www.foxnews.com...

Note the content of the story. It's been two days, and this is what Fox has to say about this incident -- a reprint from AP.

Note the "motive" put forth. They already have a motive, do they? Really? They know what was going on in this guy's mind when he died?

They specifically do not mention a suicide note. So how do they know what he was thinking?

This is utter absolute whitewash, and it stinks to high heaven.

Check the other sources. Check CNN, or MSNBC. See what you find.

This story is being spiked. It is, by the very nature of the facts so far leaked, worthy of major national attention.

But instead it's being back-paged and, instead of investigating this, the major media outlets are apparently sitting back and parroting the government line.

Is that what a free press is for? Parroting the government line?

Why no reports from the scene? Why no press investigation? Wouldn't they be telling us if they were looking into this?

Why the cover-up?

I realize I may seem to be flying off the handle here, but I hope those who have been following my posting history can respect the fact that I do place a high value on skepticism, and try not to jump to irrational conclusions.

I have been following this story since Saturday night, understood that weekend news coverage follows a different cycle, and fully expected more news on this to come out today.

And I'm telling you, this is a cover-up.

Flat out.

Yes, I could be wrong -- and hope I am -- but what I have already witnessed is extremely unsettling.

I urge other members to check into this and see if you think I'm out to lunch here, or if my concerns are justified.

And I assure you, I am very concerned about what this means.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
A Difference Of Editorial Opinion?

Here's some more news from a local source:

Bombs shake campus

Maybe I have a different set of priorities from commercial news execs.

When a person is killed by a BOMB outside a STADIUM packed with over 84,000 PEOPLE in what "authorities" say was an apparent SUICIDE, I get interested.

A SUICIDE BOMBING 100 yards from a stadium full of 84,000 people in the UNITED STATES, and it's taking a back seat to a capsized tour boat?

Yes, it's horrible that 20 people died in what was clearly a terrible accident, but a university student apparently blowing himself up with a bomb right next to a packed stadium is a "ho hum" news item?

As for the notion of "sparing the feelings of the family", first, that's utter nonsense, second, when a guy blows himself up, it's news. Period.

There is no reason given for spiking this story. It is simply being spiked.

Frankly, I'm less concerned about why than how.

Seeing this happen today is incredibly creepy.

It's one thing to talk about this in the abstract, but quite another to see it played out in the here and now.

It's later than we think.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I see precisely what your speaking of happen all the time Majic....It's a plague that has white-washed the US media...

I think one primary concern here is that too many Americans place their trust in getting their news from one source and one alone....

Scrounging the net and actually doing a bit of research after you've gotten an update on the days events is the key to fully understanding the gravity of each individual situation and how they all relate...

Too often we see that problem surface here at ATSNN....A story is posted from a single source, or no source at all, and as members continue to post updates and perspectives, eventually it usually leads to another news article or an invisible little blurb on a private news feed that twists the story around and makes people open their eyes...

The media has always used these tactics, and they'll continue to do so - Some people hear this message all the time and choose not to do anything about it...And those people are the majority...They place blind faith in what's presented to them and everyone else is left to filter the garbage....

Cover ups and the media go hand-in-hand....

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The Wearing Of The Tinfoil

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Cover ups and the media go hand-in-hand....

Yeah, I know. Still, a part of me keeps wanting not to believe that.

Here -- and by no means for the first time -- my complacency is shaken again.

Maybe this is nothing, maybe there's something to it.

The problem with a case like this stems from the fact that even if the official line is 100% correct, the media response is still glaringly inconsistent.

Just look at the stories being pushed over this one. Try even finding this story on the major news sites. I've been listening to the radio all day -- a news radio station no less -- and have heard ZERO mention of this story.

ZERO.

I know you're right about this phenomenon, of course, but still, I was hoping maybe it wasn't as far along as it now seems to be.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Majic, your insight into the issue is prudent. There is a coverup in progress. This morning there was a picture of this young man, on Drudge reprot, that showed him with a full beard, bushy unkempt hair, with a look straight from the streets of Gaza. They show the picture that obviously was taken for his school which shows a clean cut American kid gone wrong.

There are things occuring in this nation right now that we cannot stop, and this shows it. This was not a suicide by gun, nor leaping from a building. A person does no 'commit suicide' with explosives for no reason. This is evident in the middle east. there are lonely confused people out there who think that any way they make a difference may make them a star, and a media sensation.

This is news, and should be bieng reported so we are aware. Remember Timothy Mcvey....

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Every Picture Tells A Story

Originally posted by esdad71
This morning there was a picture of this young man, on Drudge reprot, that showed him with a full beard, bushy unkempt hair, with a look straight from the streets of Gaza. They show the picture that obviously was taken for his school which shows a clean cut American kid gone wrong.

I take it you are referring to the photo on the right, below:

Hey, maybe he became a Mennonite or something. I can't say.

What I can say is that yes, this is definitely being covered up.

I want to know why, and in light of the fact that the FBI has taken over this investigation, I think that's reasonable.

I don't mind some official silence during an investigation -- all they have to do is just say they can't comment, and I can wait. Honest.

But the stuff OU President Boren is saying is downright insulting. I understand his interest in minimizing disruption on the campus, have a great deal of respect for him as a person -- and former U.S. Senator, among many other accomplishments -- and can cut him some major slack for that. But that doesn't excuse what he's been saying about the case.

I am interested in facts, not “official” speculation.

Facts are being withheld without explanation, and cover stories are already being floated. Meanwhile, the so-called “free press” seems to be playing along with this in lockstep, which bugs the hell out of me.

This stinks, and I will not let go of it easily.

I'll be watching.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Where To Find Out More

Here are some news outlets who are actually carrying information about this story:

The Norman Transcript

Michelle Malkin

Dallas News (Note the spin)

Jessica's Well

Say Anything Blog

Flopping Aces

Note that none of them have "mainstream" national reach.

As far as I can tell, none of the “mainstream” outlets are investigating this story. If they are, they are being awful quiet about it.

I don't have a TV, so maybe I'm just out of touch.

Has anyone seen anything substantive about this story on the “major” outlets?

Anything other than a cover story? Heck, anything at all?

This is giving me nasty flashbacks to another major cover-up in Oklahoma.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Good find df1. Here's your link again:

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

...where it says a senator was the target of a thwarted suicide bomber, who then fled in a vehicle which was taken out by a missile, fired from an apache helicopter. That's the explosion people heard. [If not true, it's at least much more exciting!]:

Russian Intelligence sources are reporting today that a United States Senator, Jim Inhofe, was rescued by secret US Army Military Forces after an assassination attempt was made on his life and which ended in the attackers being killed by what these reports describe as a ‘guided munitions missile’ fired from an Apache Attack helicopter, and which destroyed the attackers in their vehicle in their escape attempt.

United States Senators are the elected leaders of the American Parliament of which there are two houses, The United States Senate and the United States House of Representatives. Senator Inhofe is one of the 100 United States Senators and was in his home region of Oklahoma to attend a mass sporting event.

As df1 mentions, the site linked above (and any theory on it) is questionable. Did anyone at the football game see or hear an apache hovering nearby?

[edit on 4-10-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Dallas Morning News

I think this story probably tells everything that can be released at this time. The helicopter in the area mentioned by the blogger might have had something to do with the the case or not. If it did, it was probably before any accessories were ruled out. I really doubt that this has any link to the Islamic fundamentalists and is more likely the act of a lone disturbed individual.

It is easy to dismiss Islamic suicide bombers as "wackos," but this is probably the furthest thing from the truth. The last person you would want to strap high explosives to is someone who can't keep his issues straight.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Alternative Media

Here's something of interest:

en.wikipedia.org...

While the "mainstream" news outlets apparently cannot be counted upon to pursue or report this story for some inexplicable reason, "alternative media" is working to connect the dots.

It is quite fascinating to watch, and if othing else, it's nice to know other people are asking the same questions -- and not liking the answers they are getting.

This story has been getting extensive and aggressive coverage on the Free Republic. In this thread, members who claim to have been in the stadium at the time tell their stories. Interesting stuff.

www.freerepublic.com...

Heading into Day Three after the explosion, it will be instructive to see how this story is treated.

If the hush continues, then we know the fix is in.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The obvious reason this story isn't getting much value in the mainstream media is for the simple fact the bomber didn't kill anyone (except himself). Had 20 people died as a result of his actions, this would have been headline news as to the decline of the youth of America. I, for one, nominate him for the 2005 Darwin awards for removing himself from the planet. As to the significance of his actions, his motive, and whether he had any help, I assure you this is getting appropriate scrutiny from law enforcement. Just because the FBI is silent does not mean an investigation in not taking place. If a student in Memphis can get his butt yanked for suspiciously ordering flight manuals and other things, this guy's life is being combed over with a fine comb.
As for the most obvious reasons for the blackout...the guy's not Middle Eastern so, how can he be a terrorist? (according to CNN, MSNBC, FOX) It must have been an adiction to prescription drugs to combat his depression. However, OKC has seen it's share of domestic terrorist.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
you can speculate all you want to...
but you are wrong... All we have been hearing for the last 3 days in Oklahoma is about the bombing... no such "spiking" as you are trying to claim...

most of our media is owned by high regent Gaylord...
If they are following it still, then I can tell you there is NO instruction from the top to black list it...
here is the link from some video shot YESTERDAY... after the "blackout" that you claim...
oct 3 bomb info video

Now SHEPERD:
lets look at that link you posted about the supposed ISLAMIC material connection...
WORLD NET DAILY...
why don't you go search for batboy? instead of cause grief for an already troubled family...

BY THE WAY... the bushy beard, and unkept hair... its all the rage in depressed youth these days... usually accompanied by a joint hanging out of the mouth...

I understand your vigiliance here... but for gods sakes...
at least tell people when you use the WORLD NET DAILY for your primary source... (the homelandsecurity.com website)
there is no evidence he was "planting bombs" there is no evidence of any more completed bomb devices... and the supposed use of Islamic bomb making materials... is BS... so does the US military... suppose that makes them terrorists also, by that logic...

vigiliance means waiting for GOOD info... not running with the weakest link, and trying to strengthen it...

Go to OU's website... look at the comments follwing the article... they are posted by students that knew him, and classmates...
you get the picture of an average depressed youth, with a great intellegence, who was copycatting a typical suicide bomb... probably because he wanted to kill himself, and could, using a novel method (due to his knowledge)...

it is only fair for you ALL to disclose the original source, instead of hide behind a official sounding website.

Majic, I don't want you to leave this story alone... I just want you to get it right... please no more assumptions of islamic connection... at this point, with no evidence, (world nut daily excluded) that is just insulting... and ignorant...and scaremongering... no need to go there until the littlest evidence can point there...
and being several blocks from an islamic center aint it... there are many in the area, it is an international college campus... base assumption is incorrect.

here is your best source... the very demanding students at the school are not letting this rest... follow along with them...

OU newspaper bombing story: many links

[edit on 4-10-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I just want you to get it right... please no more assumptions of islamic connection... at this point, with no evidence, (world nut daily excluded) that is just insulting... and ignorant...and scaremongering... no need to go there until the littlest evidence can point there...

Who states that you are correct Lazarus? I mean, if anything, you sound like a disinformation campaign. Don't take this as a personal attack, but calling comments ignorant and insulting with no real evidence itself is hypocritical.

And growing your hair shaggy with a sruffy beard is not 'all the rage' with the younger crowd, iit is a change in appearance that goes hand in hand with a conversion to a certain hardline religious thinking.

Deny ignorance, stop insulting and be vigilant.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

I just want you to get it right... please no more assumptions of islamic connection... at this point, with no evidence, (world nut daily excluded) that is just insulting... and ignorant...and scaremongering... no need to go there until the littlest evidence can point there...

Who states that you are correct Lazarus? I mean, if anything, you sound like a disinformation campaign. Don't take this as a personal attack, but calling comments ignorant and insulting with no real evidence itself is hypocritical.

And growing your hair shaggy with a sruffy beard is not 'all the rage' with the younger crowd, iit is a change in appearance that goes hand in hand with a conversion to a certain hardline religious thinking.

Deny ignorance, stop insulting and be vigilant.

That is what i am doing... if you look back through the links... all the supposition around "islamic connections" is from the world NUT daily...
taking anything that rag says as proof is NOT being vigiliant or denying ignorance...
ever heard of the BATBOY? that is the kind of garbage that tabloid spreads...
that is why it is insulting to insinuate that kind of connection to a very tragic suicide USING THAT AS PROOF. now if CNN or the dailyoklahoman decide that there is a suspicion, based on evidence from the FBI, then that is a safe topic to dicsuss without having to consider the familys feelings...

I am also following the story, and there are several elements that i am curious about... but as a Oklahoma Native, and brother to a student that shared classes with this guy... I think a modicum of respect is called for...

Be suspicious and vigiliant yes, but dont add to the hype by pronouncing "proof" connections to islam, when NO responsible magazine or paper is doing so...

that is NOT denying ignorance...

I want to know why he chose the area of Kansas buses...
or was it the safe distance of witnesses that he was going for...(you can see the bombing area, from the top of the stadium)

But Islamic references at this point are silly... and yes, offensive to the family and friends of this poor soul...

what would you think if your child grew up as a depressed disturbed youth, he commits suicide by setting himself on fire (as a mulsim woman did)...

then you read that the National Enquirer is saying that it was because he was a brainwashed terrorist sympathizer who was going to set a bunch of people on fire, and accidentally went up in flames himself...
you would be a little upset, and probably sick your lawyers on them in a slander suit...

If you are seeing this as "disinfo" then i suggest you check some of my previous posts... rather... I am being a level head in an emotional situation in the midst of chicken littles everywhere...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join